Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 225788 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #989: Jan 17, 2016 07:38:41 pm
      Not good enough, no end product with the lad, badly needs replacing with a quality wide forward, would sell for anything over £10 million in the Summer.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #990: Jan 17, 2016 07:43:32 pm
      Not good enough, no end product with the lad, badly needs replacing with a quality wide forward, would sell for anything over £10 million in the Summer.

The funny part is, at Soton he was a central midfielder that pulled the strings on their play, he wasn't a winger or a forward. It's obvious that Jürgen doesn't want to play him there so not sure why he insists continuing with him out wide where he doesn't add anything. When he has looked better for us it's usually been when played centrally. He along with Milner, Can and Coutinho just aren't good enough right now. We could do with upgrades on all of them.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #991: Jan 17, 2016 07:55:09 pm
      The funny part is, at Soton he was a central midfielder that pulled the strings on their play, he wasn't a winger or a forward. It's obvious that Jürgen doesn't want to play him there so not sure why he insists continuing with him out wide where he doesn't add anything. When he has looked better for us it's usually been when played centrally. He along with Milner, Can and Coutinho just aren't good enough right now. We could do with upgrades on all of them.

You will have to remind me when he has played well for us. Be that centrally or as a wide forward.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #992: Jan 17, 2016 08:02:11 pm
      You will have to remind me when he has played well for us. Be that centrally or as a wide forward.

I can only remember his goal against West Brom last season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #993: Jan 17, 2016 08:39:12 pm

He's had good games for us in the past just like most of our players have at one time or another, not going to be drawn in, I know you don't like him. I said we could do to upgrade him, what more do you want, should he be drawn and quartered?  :roll:
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #994: Jan 17, 2016 08:44:09 pm
      Getting into a goalscoring position is also a skill, and a good one. Lallana reads Lucas ball excelently, makes a great run but sadly you just dont expect him to score.. And how the f**k did he try to head it over DDG from 20 yards out with no power on it and two defenders rushing back to goal I will never know. His confidence infront of goal is shot completely now, and its going to be difficult if not impossible to get out that mental block.

I think Adams overall play would be rated much higher on here if he got an assist or goal here and there. I still do think there is player somewhere in there but I cant watch him missing sitters anymore, its beyond frustrating.

He is a good player, very tidy and got skills, however, he hasn't been playing like one.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #995: Jan 17, 2016 10:11:39 pm
      He's had good games for us in the past just like most of our players have at one time or another, not going to be drawn in, I know you don't like him. I said we could do to upgrade him, what more do you want, should he be drawn and quartered?  :roll:

BLoody hell mate I was only asking which games as I don't always watch every game so I may have missed some decent performances by Lallana.
      But you are right I don't and have never rated him.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #996: Jan 17, 2016 11:28:10 pm

Umm at Soton he was used as either a CAM or number 10 or deployed on the left.

If he was a central midfielder at SOTO what did Wanyama and Scneiderlin play then?

Anyways Adam is off the pace would look an absolute world beater in the Hyundai A-league.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #997: Jan 17, 2016 11:28:54 pm

I'm not sure I ever recall him playing as a central midfielder for Saints mate.

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #998: Jan 17, 2016 11:34:54 pm
      A player i'm fast losing belief in. It's unbelievable how many touches he needs before releasing the ball, usually resulting in slowing down an attack.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #999: Jan 18, 2016 12:42:20 am
      I'm not sure I ever recall him playing as a central midfielder for Saints mate.

Fair enough, I used to catch quite a few of their games on the coverage over here, I must be mistaken.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #1000: Jan 18, 2016 12:21:10 pm
      One word spring to mind when I watch our Adam Lallana play, 'scurry'.

He's purposeless buying.
      He's purposeless playing with the ball.
      It's purposeless starting him again, I'd rather start other kid.
      Ah, purposeless talking this and that as we have no alternative at this point.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1001: Jan 18, 2016 12:54:11 pm
      Get. Rid. Of.

Absolutely has nothing about him. Weak, slow moving, takes too long set up plays.

And people thought Andy Carroll was a waste of money. This guy makes big Andy look like Zlatan!

Adam Lallana would make a good freestyler. Looks flash, but no real point (Imo)...
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,027 posts | 529 
      Reply #1002: Jan 18, 2016 01:43:56 pm
      One of our scapegoats cos he cost a lot of money ( like Benteke in that respect).

I agree that he needs to add more end product, especially goals, but the idea that he contributes nothing is bollocks.
      He didnt play great yesterday but he was still heavily involved in a lot of our good play.
      Eg (If I remember rightly) I think he played Can in for the shot that DeGea saved with his feet, and had that nice wee interchange with Firmino that led to the chance Hendo dragged wide.

He should have done better with that header when De Gea came out of his box, and generally yes does need to get some goals, but he's a skillful player that also works his arse off. Like most of our midfielders, he needs a mobile, goals scoring striker ahead of him - to get on the end of his passes, and to open up space for the attacking midfielders to get more chances of their own.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1003: Jan 18, 2016 03:29:00 pm
      It feels like Lallana was bought, at a hefty fee, without any idea how to put him into the team the way Pochettino used him. His best stuff at Southampton was when he was played as a No. 10 -- something that's probably not going to happen here given that we have no wingers and we also have Coutinho and Firmino who could play that role.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #1004: Jan 18, 2016 03:46:43 pm
      A player i'm fast losing belief in. It's unbelievable how many touches he needs before releasing the ball, usually resulting in slowing down an attack.
      this is becoming a hell of an ugly cliché. similar to "Lucas only passes backwards" bollix.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1005: Jan 18, 2016 03:46:46 pm
      One of our scapegoats cos he cost a lot of money ( like Benteke in that respect).

I agree that he needs to add more end product, especially goals, but the idea that he contributes nothing is bollocks.
      He didnt play great yesterday but he was still heavily involved in a lot of our good play.
      Eg (If I remember rightly) I think he played Can in for the shot that DeGea saved with his feet, and had that nice wee interchange with Firmino that led to the chance Hendo dragged wide.

He should have done better with that header when De Gea came out of his box, and generally yes does need to get some goals, but he's a skillful player that also works his arse off. Like most of our midfielders, he needs a mobile, goals scoring striker ahead of him - to get on the end of his passes, and to open up space for the attacking midfielders to get more chances of their own.

Scapegoat my arse! Paid well over the odds for him in the first place and he's yet to deliver after a season and a half! It's not like he had to become accustomed to the English game now is it!? An attacking midfielder who offers next to no goal threat when in reality he SHOULD be hitting 10 goals a season minimum requirement.

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1006: Jan 18, 2016 06:15:14 pm
      Get rid of him, it was him who should had been loaned out in the summer, not Markovic.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #1007: Jan 18, 2016 08:19:35 pm
      very weak on the ball

no eye for a goal

lovely ball control, just does not add enough.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #1008: Jan 18, 2016 10:28:14 pm
      Good enough to be a member of the squad, shouldn't be playing every week, and certainly shouldn't be playing in a front three where he has to contribute goals regularly. If we're going to play a 4-3-3, he should be in the midfield 3.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #1009: Jan 18, 2016 10:30:13 pm

He was never a centre midfielder at Southampton. He was a number ten or played wide. I'll see if I can find the stats about where he played that season, but I'm 100% sure he wasn't played in centre midfield in 13/14. Might've been before that. All the best with upgrading on Coutinho, by the way.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3919 
      Reply #1010: Jan 18, 2016 11:07:10 pm
      Always liked him and was happy with his signing.

But the stats are damning. £25m for a squad player, impact sub. Because that's all he is.

Infact you can't even call him an impact sub because he impacts nothing.

Gutted because I thought we had a player
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1011: Jan 19, 2016 07:13:47 am
      Always liked him and was happy with his signing.

But the stats are damning. £25m for a squad player, impact sub. Because that's all he is.

Infact you can't even call him an impact sub because he impacts nothing.

Gutted because I thought we had a player

You weren't the only one thinking this mate, was made up when we got him but am so over him at the moment, I wouldn't be arsed if we moved him on....not good enough.

Quick Reply