Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 228167 times
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #966: Jan 14, 2016 12:31:11 pm
      Thought he was ok yesterday, flatters to deceive.

Does he look before he passes?
      « Last Edit: Jan 14, 2016 12:47:10 pm by racerx34, Reason: Capital letters to start a sentence. Good man. »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #967: Jan 14, 2016 08:09:59 pm
      Another one I've given a lot of time for hoping above hope that he would come good but it's getting more and more frustrating everytime I watch him.

Is he gonna score a goal any time soon?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,399 posts | 6405 
      Reply #968: Jan 14, 2016 08:22:08 pm
      Another one I've given a lot of time for hoping above hope that he would come good but it's getting more and more frustrating everytime I watch him.

Probably when Can does ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #969: Jan 14, 2016 08:31:25 pm

Saw Klopp ripping into a him a couple of times against Arsenal, really think if we had options there's absolutely no chance Lallana would be starting right now.

See people asking would you take Gotze if it meant losing Coutinho, I think more realistically Lallana is the one who will lose his place in the squad.

I liked Dave's one line in the match thread when Migs did a Cryuff, saying he's only 9 away from completing a Lallana. Style over substance, absolutely no end product and his defensive qualities have fallen through the floor. Brings it into stark contrast when you look at Firmino's stats who has come in for way too much stick this season:

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #970: Jan 14, 2016 08:49:00 pm
      Saw Klopp ripping into a him a couple of times against Arsenal, really think if we had options there's absolutely no chance Lallana would be starting right now.

See people asking would you take Gotze if it meant losing Coutinho, I think more realistically Lallana is the one who will lose his place in the squad.

I liked Dave's one line in the match thread when Migs did a Cryuff, saying he's only 9 away from completing a Lallana. Style over substance, absolutely no end product and his defensive qualities have fallen through the floor. Brings it into stark contrast when you look at Firmino's stats who has come in for way too much stick this season:

Not sure I agree with that Luke, he was pretty poor for a long time. For sure there were sneaky little signs that there was a player in there, but there was plenty of rubbish as well. I think last nights performance has actually been coming for a few matches, he was excellent in the game where we dropped Benteke and put him in recently (can't for the life of me remember who it was against). In fairness to you he did cop a bit of stick in that one too which WAS surprising as I thought he had a good game, but on forums there's always a lag between how well a player is playing and how everyone comments on it.

I think the "lag" is caused by people coming to a conclusion about a player and being reluctant to change it, until they have absolutely no option. We're seeing that a little bit with Lovren right now and IMHO are in the very early stages of seeing it with Milner. I've done it myself, I even wasn't totally convinced about Suarez the first time I saw him   :lmao:. With Firmino though many people have already written him off, like Lovren he'll need a few very decent performances to turn it around for some, but for most I should think last nights performance will have already wiped any slates clean. I thought his was the best performance ANY of our players have put in all season last night, top quality.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #971: Jan 14, 2016 09:33:50 pm

And Lucas  :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #972: Jan 14, 2016 09:34:23 pm
      Not sure I agree with that Luke, he was pretty poor for a long time. For sure there were sneaky little signs that there was a player in there, but there was plenty of rubbish as well. I think last nights performance has actually been coming for a few matches, he was excellent in the game where we dropped Benteke and put him in recently (can't for the life of me remember who it was against). In fairness to you he did cop a bit of stick in that one too which WAS surprising as I thought he had a good game, but on forums there's always a lag between how well a player is playing and how everyone comments on it.

I think the "lag" is caused by people coming to a conclusion about a player and being reluctant to change it, until they have absolutely no option. We're seeing that a little bit with Lovren right now and IMHO are in the very early stages of seeing it with Milner. I've done it myself, I even wasn't totally convinced about Suarez the first time I saw him   :lmao:. With Firmino though many people have already written him off, like Lovren he'll need a few very decent performances to turn it around for some, but for most I should think last nights performance will have already wiped any slates clean. I thought his was the best performance ANY of our players have put in all season last night, top quality.

I get your point mate and it's an extremely valid one, we're all guilty of allowing our preconceptions influencing our view.

I just think Firmino has been superb defensively throughout his time here, even if some of his other play has been terrible also.

I just thought that stat of clear cut chances created would have shown just how unlucky he's been that people aren't finishing off and he could easily be sitting on many more assists. As for his goals scored, he definitely should have had a few more but I'm very confident that will improve as he settles.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #973: Jan 15, 2016 12:06:35 am
      What was the game where he hit the post and had three assists (or would have been assists if they'd scored them) or something? There's definitely been a real performance coming for a few weeks now, hopefully now he's done it he'll kick on. No doubt about it, he was absolutely top class last night.

Just shows I guess how important confidence is, there's been times this season where he was bloody awful. Reminds me of John Barnes when he played for us and England. For Liverpool he was unbelievable, put him in an England shirt and he was f****** useless  :lmao:. All confidence when it comes down to it.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #974: Jan 15, 2016 12:13:33 am
      Anyone reckon he'll go the season without scoring in the league?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #975: Jan 15, 2016 12:27:22 am
      I don't think Lallana has shown enough end product to keep his place in the team once we get some options back. He does work fairly hard, but either he can't pace his game or he has stamina issues because he disappears from the game after about 70 mins.

He really needs to up his game to somewhere near the level he showed at Southampton or I think he will be a casualty of Klopp's summer clear out.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #976: Jan 15, 2016 01:15:27 pm
      starting to burn out i think, under klopp he's been a much improved player but for his position he needs more goals and assists something he's not providing. Squad player at best from now on once we start getting players back and to be honest no better than Markovich who would suit us right now.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #977: Jan 15, 2016 03:12:11 pm
      Assists are a funky stat because they always require someone on the other end to finish. So Lallana's 3 league assists (tied for second in the team), is one that needs contextualization. That said, he definitely needs to start scoring every now and then, even when he does get shifted out wide.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #978: Jan 15, 2016 03:17:31 pm
      Assists are a funky stat because they always require someone on the other end to finish. So Lallana's 3 league assists (tied for second in the team), is one that needs contextualization. That said, he definitely needs to start scoring every now and then, even when he does get shifted out wide.

His shooting power is so weak it borders on embarrassing. There has been a few times this season where he's been on the edge of the box, he's shot and the ball's trickled to the keeper or took about 4 bounces and barely reached the net.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 262 
      Reply #979: Jan 17, 2016 12:05:23 pm
      Forget all others useless tricks Adam, and just learn this one
      https://twitter.com/lazarquest/status/681591700486250496
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #980: Jan 17, 2016 04:06:52 pm
      I've given it long enough (longer than some) but I think that might just be that for Lallana. It's all very well coming out to the media and admitting your shortfalls but you should be admitting it on the field by putting in performances and that performance again was utterly aimless, benign and forgettable. He's had long enough.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,661 posts | 490 
      Reply #981: Jan 17, 2016 04:31:29 pm
      I am done waiting for him to come good. Totally unacceptable level of performances from him. Slows the play down with his un neccessary Cruyff turns. Needs to be sold.

25 million for fancy tricks, good job Brendan. :mad:
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #982: Jan 17, 2016 04:38:41 pm
      I've given it long enough (longer than some) but I think that might just be that for Lallana. It's all very well coming out to the media and admitting your shortfalls but you should be admitting it on the field by putting in performances and that performance again was utterly aimless, benign and forgettable. He's had long enough.
      Spot on , it's too late now he's failed miserably the donkey .

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,214 posts | 839 
      Reply #983: Jan 17, 2016 04:40:19 pm
      He and Milner today...

dreadful
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #984: Jan 17, 2016 04:56:05 pm
      Utterly useless today
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #985: Jan 17, 2016 04:56:36 pm

As well as the other 360+ days :D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,217 posts | 4412 
      Reply #986: Jan 17, 2016 06:23:41 pm
      He is the new Downing of the team.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #987: Jan 17, 2016 07:25:34 pm
      Getting into a goalscoring position is also a skill, and a good one. Lallana reads Lucas ball excelently, makes a great run but sadly you just dont expect him to score.. And how the F**k did he try to head it over DDG from 20 yards out with no power on it and two defenders rushing back to goal I will never know. His confidence infront of goal is shot completely now, and its going to be difficult if not impossible to get out that mental block.

I think Adams overall play would be rated much higher on here if he got an assist or goal here and there. I still do think there is player somewhere in there but I cant watch him missing sitters anymore, its beyond frustrating.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #988: Jan 17, 2016 07:31:04 pm
      Getting into a goalscoring position is also a skill, and a good one. Lallana reads Lucas ball excelently, makes a great run but sadly you just dont expect him to score.. And how the f**k did he try to head it over DDG from 20 yards out with no power on it and two defenders rushing back to goal I will never know. His confidence infront of goal is shot completely now, and its going to be difficult if not impossible to get out that mental block.

I think Adams overall play would be rated much higher on here if he got an assist or goal here and there. I still do think there is player somewhere in there but I cant watch him missing sitters anymore, its beyond frustrating.

It was a pathetic attempt, as was his shot late on. Both without conviction or belief.

That header really did sum him up though, when he had to be brave and go in where it might hurt with power he did a powder puff attempt that will have had 99% of us thinking "typical Lallana". Doesn't deserve to be starting right now, he's there by default not through merit.

Quick Reply