Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 233723 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #1081: Apr 06, 2016 07:26:37 pm
      Adam Lallana, tra-la-La-llana!

Always thought that'd be an excellent addition to "Poetry in Motion"!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1082: Apr 12, 2016 02:29:57 pm
      Good lad Adam for donating your signed England shirt against Germany to Harry Arters fundraising event supporting families of stillborn babies.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1083: Apr 21, 2016 09:18:47 am
      Still very frustrating despite all his good runs, flicks and turns is very wasteful when presented with a goal opportunity.
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #1084: Apr 21, 2016 09:41:14 am
      I had no confidence in him scoring yesterday when he went one on one with the keeper. no end product, needs to score or assist more.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1085: Apr 21, 2016 10:49:31 am
      I had no confidence in him scoring yesterday when he went one on one with the keeper. no end product, needs to score or assist more.

Agreed.

All that chasing down of lost causes and hard running to show the crowd he's busting a gut, along with squaring up to brick sh*t houses isn't convincing me.

Shame really, because he does posses some technical ability and footwork, he just doesn't have the 'balls' to use this as the focal point of his game.

As you say, he needs to add consistent end product and I've pretty much said this all season long, but it feels like waiting for a ship at an airport.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #1086: Apr 21, 2016 12:42:34 pm
      if he can improve his finishing he would be a fantastic footballer. I think Jamie Carragher commented a while back he looks like an academy player all very good technically but missing something.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1087: Apr 21, 2016 01:55:31 pm
      Great industry but need to deliver the end product.

Come on Adam lad.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1088: Apr 21, 2016 02:11:05 pm
      Starting to show the form that got me excited when we bought him. Hasn't really shown it since arriving but hopefully this is the kickstart he needs. Well deserved award!

Still think he should have this chant:

Adam LA-LA-NAAAAAAAA, LA-LA-NAAAAA, Adammmmm.

The name of the tune is f**king driving me crazy because i forget but I'm sure someone knows what I'm on about.

This? :-
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6RoOwSKI7M
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1089: Apr 22, 2016 07:13:42 am

Me either mate, I saw out of the corner of my eye, Firmino running into the box and I thought Adam slide the ball across, don't go for goal ...he didn't hear me!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1090: Apr 22, 2016 07:42:15 am
      I think we might see a much improved Lallana next season, depending who arrives in the summer, it's possible he could be fighting to stay at the club, he's by no means assured of a first team berth and that will impact on his Engerlund duties,

We've seen how much improved Pirlo has been last few months and the way he has grabbed his opportunities,  both for me are on the will he won't he still be here list, right now I'd say yes but nothing is ever guaranteed is it ?

YNWA
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1091: Apr 22, 2016 07:45:53 am
      As others have stated, it's all about his finishing.
      I think he is a fantastic player. Almost a throwback to Liverpool players of the past.
      Glorious at times and massively underrated
      Just need goals. That's all.
      Probably my fav player of the last 3 months.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1092: May 06, 2016 05:42:17 pm
      Watched the match again, and  whilst Lallana's end product is average, what he offers when we don't have the ball is simply, world class.  Lallana's work really does go unnoticed, he sets the tone and I have no doubt that without him, we wouldn't have pressed as intensely throughout the match. First team player for me.

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1093: May 06, 2016 05:52:17 pm
      Watched the match again, and  whilst Lallana's end product is average, what he offers when we don't have the ball is simply, world class.  Lallana's work really does go unnoticed, he sets the tone and I have no doubt that without him, we wouldn't have pressed as intensely throughout the match. First team player for me.

Jürgen called him his "Hunter" during an interview a couple of days ago.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1094: May 06, 2016 06:04:20 pm

Totally agree. He is indispensable to us at the moment and as of late is playing beyond our best perceptions of him when he signed for us. Such a turnaround and such a relief for a player who was so obviously talented yet seemed, along with the whole team, shackled for 12-18 months until Jürgen arrived. Relentless, tireless and a real nuisance. Fantastic player to have.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1095: May 06, 2016 06:09:07 pm

Exactly, he needs to work on his scoring but he is immense. He took on board everything that Klopp had in his mind. He is light weight but very quick from the spot.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #1096: May 06, 2016 07:35:53 pm

Yep...people don't understand that scoring isn't everything. Can doesn't score that much but look  at the impact he had on the  game yesterday.

Adam works his butt off and he "gets" what Jürgen wants. Very important player for us.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      Reply #1097: May 06, 2016 07:50:43 pm
      Guys, can someone explain to me how Lallana was onside? If it was against us I would have been fuming. Thanks. I heard the commentary say it was onside and the media said nothing about it. If it was offside they would have a fuss.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1098: May 06, 2016 07:52:33 pm
      Guys, can someone explain to me how Lallana was onside? If it was against us I would have been fuming. Thanks. I heard the commentary say it was onside and the media said nothing about it. 

He was clearly onside mate. They had a player in line with the goal line at the spot where Firmino put the ball across the box.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #1099: May 06, 2016 07:57:57 pm
      He was clearly onside mate. They had a player in line with the goal line at the spot where Firmino put the ball across the box.

The player was actually sitting on the bar line when Adam scored :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1100: May 06, 2016 08:01:46 pm
      Guys, can someone explain to me how Lallana was onside? If it was against us I would have been fuming. Thanks. I heard the commentary say it was onside and the media said nothing about it. If it was offside they would have a fuss.

He was onside whether the player was on the pitch or off it at the time because the player who ended up sat on the floor was 'active' in that phase of the play. It's something that was discussed earlier in the season and just because he went off the pitch wouldn't have meant he was no longer part of the play so could be 'counted' as one of the players ahead of the ball.

As it was it didn't need the more complicated interpretation of the rule anyway as the player still had his hand on the pitch so was indeed still active and it was therefore the correct decision.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      Reply #1101: May 06, 2016 08:03:53 pm

The player was actually sitting on the bar line when Adam scored :D

He was onside whether the player was on the pitch or off it at the time because the player who ended up sat on the floor was 'active' in that phase of the play. It's something that was discussed earlier in the season and just because he went off the pitch wouldn't have meant he was no longer part of the play so could be 'counted' as one of the players ahead of the ball.

As it was it didn't need the more complicated interpretation of the rule anyway as the player still had his hand on the pitch so was indeed still active and it was therefore the correct decision.

I see, I thought that if a player is behind the keeper, he would not count as active. Thanks guys :)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1102: May 06, 2016 08:04:01 pm
        Quote and Reply

As others have said there was a player on the ground playing Lallana on side. In fact even if the player had slid completely over the dead ball line and off the field of play, he would still have played Lallana onside.

The rule has now been changed so that a player can't just step off the pitch to play someone offside.   
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1103: May 06, 2016 08:08:51 pm
      I see, I thought that if a player is behind the keeper, he would not count as active. Thanks guys :)

I think it's the last 2 defensive players regardless of their position.

It always makes me laugh when the opposition stops, puts their arms in the air and try to protest the decision rather than doing their job right in the first place.

Quick Reply