Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Lazar Markovic (Liverpool > Fulham)

Read 163580 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Lazar Markovic Player Thread
      Reply #92: Aug 02, 2014 06:15:06 pm
      Not trying to be dramatic but it's hardly ideal preparation for the news season is it. Lallana out for up to 6 weeks, Markovic with a slight injury, Lovren not being able to get a visa to join the squad on tour and the idea that our 2 (possible) new full backs might not join until the start of the season.

I am sure it is the same every year for clubs.
      mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 13 
      Reply #93: Aug 06, 2014 12:16:49 pm
      Anyone know why he still doesn't have a squad number yet despite Lovren already having no.6?

It suggests to me that his fave number is currently taken but potentially coming available?! - Anyone know his preferred number?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #94: Aug 06, 2014 12:31:40 pm
      Anyone know why he still doesn't have a squad number yet despite Lovren already having no.6?

It suggests to me that his fave number is currently taken but potentially coming available?! - Anyone know his preferred number?

mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 13 
      Reply #95: Aug 06, 2014 12:48:12 pm

currently listed as brannagan so that shouldn't be an issue.

wonder if anyone will take no.7 shirt this season - was apparently going to be Remy before the medical
      LFCexiled
      Reply #96: Aug 06, 2014 01:26:03 pm
      wonder if anyone will take no.7 shirt this season - was apparently going to be Remy before the medical

I'd imagine it'll be the goal scorer we're eventually going to sign.

I live in hope.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #97: Aug 06, 2014 07:24:54 pm
      Wore number 50 in the game against Olympiacos, probably an indication that will be his number for the coming season. Cant really see Brannagan having much of a future at the club so doubt he will have any say in the matter.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #98: Aug 06, 2014 09:59:54 pm
      Any idea if he will be fit enough for the Dortmund game?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #99: Aug 10, 2014 04:18:20 pm
      http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/168641-br-on-lazar-agger-and-new-look-squad

According to Brendan Lazar should be fit in time for the opening game Sunday.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #100: Aug 20, 2014 08:53:21 pm
      He looks like  the  real  deal, I  can't wait to see him  in action.

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #101: Aug 22, 2014 01:25:01 pm
      The Northern Irish boss confirmed his new signing will definitely be available for the Reds' next match against Manchester City on Aug. 25 if he misses the Saints game, as reported by Charlie Scott of the Daily Mail:

"He'll hopefully be around then (against Southampton), but if not then he certainly will for the next game. He had a slight problem with his tendon, but he's up to speed. He's working with our sports science team, he's looking very strong and if he just misses out, he certainly should be available for the next game."

Could be ready for Man City! Sweeeet.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #102: Aug 22, 2014 06:51:36 pm
      Back for Monday;

Markovic will come into the squad," explained the boss initially. "He has been excellent in training and has worked very hard to come back."

Link.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #103: Aug 22, 2014 07:38:44 pm
      I'm very excited by Markovich as a player. Fantastic pace, good brain, excellent control. I don't think miracles can be expected too soon. He's very young and has to adapt to a new league and setup. The main problem currently is that there isn't an "older hand" to guide him. I wonder what BR's plans are with him early this season?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2824 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #104: Aug 24, 2014 02:09:58 pm
      "I watched Liverpool - I watched every one of their games last season because I love the Premier League," Markovic says. "Their style of football is one of the main reasons why I came here. Last season, only bad luck played a part in the outcome: Liverpool were the best team. "
      The scale of the fee for him is of no concern to Markovic and neither, he adds, is money a motivation. "I am not money-orientated," he says. "If I was money-orientated I would have gone somewhere else."
      Would that have been Chelsea? Markovic laughs. "I love Liverpool
      ."

I think I love him
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #105: Aug 24, 2014 02:14:14 pm
      If he plays as well as he talks then he is going to be one hell of a player for us.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #106: Aug 24, 2014 07:53:16 pm
      If he plays as well as he talks then he is going to be one hell of a player for us.

Definitely impressive speaker for such a young guy, seems to have a good head on his shoulders, confident but not arrogant. Looking forward to seeing him play.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #107: Aug 24, 2014 08:17:37 pm
      Great prospect, i think in time he will be a top player for us, watched him a few times while at Benfica, and he was unplayable in some matches.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #108: Aug 24, 2014 10:43:59 pm
      Can't wait to see this lad play. Hopefully he's gonna light up the Premiership starting with Citeh tomorrow.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #109: Aug 25, 2014 09:53:59 am
      I reckon that when Lazar plays he'll 'start' be as wide left attacker in a front three with Danny and Raheem so I'm not sure how often we will see him start with so many options, formation wise, open to Brendan... especially with the pending arrival of Mario (who I don't see as 'natural' in a three).

I've high hopes for this young fella and couldn't wait to see him start (not least because I love a front three) but I'll probably need to be patient. Anyhow, if I haven't said it before - welcome to Liverpool F.C. Lazar.  8)
      zxZXzx
      • Forum John Toshack

• 254 posts |
      Reply #110: Aug 25, 2014 07:54:26 pm
      I really hope signing that lunatic of Balotelli will not disturb his game time or process of improving as player,thats in case we play both Balo and Daniel up front.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #111: Aug 25, 2014 10:12:33 pm
      I really hope signing that lunatic of Balotelli will not disturb his game time or process of improving as player,thats in case we play both Balo and Daniel up front.

What the F**k?

Balotelli will be up front.
      Markovic will be out wide.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #112: Aug 25, 2014 10:47:17 pm
      I reckon that when Lazar plays he'll 'start' be as wide left attacker in a front three with Danny and Raheem so I'm not sure how often we will see him start with so many options, formation wise, open to Brendan... especially with the pending arrival of Mario (who I don't see as 'natural' in a three).

I've high hopes for this young fella and couldn't wait to see him start (not least because I love a front three) but I'll probably need to be patient. Anyhow, if I haven't said it before - welcome to Liverpool F.C. Lazar.  8)
      Markovic fits right in, he can play number 10 as well or even as a second striker, we'll find a place for him somewhere  ;)
      One thing is obvious though Sturridge needs a partner up front,  so Mario needs to come right in IMO.
      jtrollip
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 192 posts |
      Reply #113: Aug 25, 2014 11:31:32 pm
      One of the few bright sparks
      zxZXzx
      • Forum John Toshack

• 254 posts |
      Reply #114: Aug 26, 2014 04:25:47 am
      What the f**k?

Balotelli will be up front.
      Markovic will be out wide.

I said if Balo and Daniel playing as partners in front 3.No way he will be picked before Philippe Coutinho and Raheem Sterling.

Quick Reply