Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Javier Manquillo (Atletico Madrid)

Read 14878 times
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Re: Javier Manquillo (Atletico Madrid)
      Reply #92: Aug 03, 2014 02:13:07 pm
      Johnson won't agree to that though.

Dunno. Johnson not signing the new contract suggests he's playing more for money rather than his place and I'd imagine if Arry (or anybody else) could match his wage whilst being brought in on a free, he'd more than likely go.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #93: Aug 03, 2014 02:19:48 pm
      Dunno. Johnson not signing the new contract suggests he's playing more for money rather than his place and I'd imagine if Arry (or anybody else) could match his wage whilst being brought in on a free, he'd more than likely go.

Thats different to releasing though. Thought you meant tear up his contract.
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #94: Aug 03, 2014 06:04:19 pm
      what I heard on BT Sport is that we have agreed a 2 year loan with option to buy
      Seems very weird deal
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #95: Aug 03, 2014 06:06:36 pm
      what I heard on BT Sport is that we have agreed a 2 year loan with option to buy
      Seems very weird deal

Why does it?
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #96: Aug 03, 2014 06:08:33 pm

not heard of any 2 year loan deals before. If you have please shed some light
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #97: Aug 03, 2014 06:56:52 pm
      No problem with this one and by all accounts a fantastic player to boot. I wonder if he's going to come in ahead of Glen straight away or if he's seen more as next year when Glen steps aside?

Probably the latter but I honestly don't think it will take much ambition to nudge Glen out of that starting birth, he's been bloody awful for 18 months now. Flanno will be pushed out of his role so with Manquillo coming in then Brendan will have 2 lads to compare Glen to and I think he might spend plenty of that last year of his on the bench if this one comes off.

(Just for clarity, only fine with this if it is loan to buy, not loan only.)

Agreed. Johnson's been teetering over the edge for such a long time and it's about time someone came in and gave him that final nudge. What it does though is look very bad on Martin Kelly who's long term future at this club is, to put it bluntly, dead meat.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #98: Aug 03, 2014 07:12:29 pm
      Seems very weird deal
      I think totally the opposite, the deal by all accounts has been agreed in regards of what will be paid at the end of the 2 years (if he plays x amount of game). It's a win win situation, if the lads a success we get him for the fee agreed. If he flops we don't need to find a buyer for a foreign failure.

Too often we've jumped in stumped the money up for the next big thing, then 12-24 months down the line are looking to offload him.

People could say what about the Sahin, Moses loans etc? Totally different loans imo, they were merely brought in as stop gaps neither of the two aforementioned players had figures set for a permanent deal come the end of there loans.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #99: Aug 03, 2014 07:18:57 pm

http://tinyurl.com/KoPiTee

:P ;D
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #100: Aug 03, 2014 08:02:27 pm

Tevez to the scum.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #101: Aug 03, 2014 08:48:45 pm

Just on that point - am I right in thinking a fee is paid to the 'parent' club for the privilege of getting the lend?

Maybe this is a way of getting 'add ons' up front... Sort of in reverse, if you get my drift.

£2m a year then £5m final payment (for example)?  :confused-smiley-013:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #102: Aug 03, 2014 09:06:24 pm
      £2m a year then £5m final payment (for example)?

That's akin to a lease isn't it ?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #103: Aug 03, 2014 10:45:26 pm

Pretty sure Bojan was a 2yr loan to Roma wasn't he?

Don't think its weird at all, different yes but nothing that's not happened before.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #104: Aug 03, 2014 10:56:01 pm
      Pretty sure Bojan was a 2yr loan to Roma wasn't he?

Don't think its weird at all, different yes but nothing that's not happened before.

I suppose, in a way, it gives the team loaning the player in, more than ample time to decide whether or not the player will fit in to the system/has the potential to play a role for the club, especially younger players. Unless you're loaning in a definite starter (which I assume Manquillo will not be) then a season may not be long enough to form a definite opinion of the player. Giving them that extra season to push on and stake a claim for the first team seems like a pretty sensible idea.

It gives the club loaning the player in a greater peace of mind in that situation IMHO. A season, for me, isn't long enough for a youngster to give a decent account of themselves especially going to a club where they are more than likely being brought in as 2nd/3rd choice. 2 seasons? More scope. I don't find it strange, I actually think it's perfect sense for the buying club.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #105: Aug 03, 2014 11:00:41 pm

That's akin to a lease isn't it ?

Welcome to the future of football with all sorts of contracts been applied . Clubs seem to be covering their arses on all angles .

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #106: Aug 04, 2014 12:29:27 am
      two year loans aren't too rare but what is unique, I thought, is the case of Nuri Sahin who, after we cancelled our loan, was immideately loaned out to Dortmund from Madrid for 18 months - the rest of that season and the season after. Dortmund bought him back outright in the latest off season, I believe.

I really like the idea of a two year deal for a kid, and the fee at the end seems fantastic if we're willing to keep him.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #107: Aug 04, 2014 07:19:26 am

here are a few
      Daniel Tozser: Midfielder signs two-year loan deal from Parma--http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28215696

Roma prospect moves to Leverkusen on two-year loan deal--http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014/06/roma-prospect-moves-to-leverkusen-on-two-year-loan-deal/

Transfer news: Barcelona forward Cristian Tello joins Porto on two-year loan deal http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11827/9383936/transfer-news-barcelona-forward-cristian-tello-joins-porto-on-two-year-loan-deal

Barça B close two-year loan deal for Sergio Araujo---  http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/barca

YNWA
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #108: Aug 04, 2014 12:05:27 pm
      AS reporting that Manquillo was at Atletico's training ground today but left before the session started. and the player opted for #LFC over Arsenal & others
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #109: Aug 04, 2014 12:33:53 pm
      Manquillo farewell to Atletico

Javi Manquillo was sent to Liverpool / PHOTO: José Antonio García Sirvent - MD

More Sharing Services
      Jesus Hernandez 04/08/2014 12:03
      The Atlético wants to undertake during the next few days an output operation to leave the workforce in 20 troops. An operation that began today with the departure of Javi Manquillo .

The player was able to head to Liverpool after arranging his assignment a few weeks ago the English club for the next two seasons. Atletico granted permission to pass medical examination tomorrow and finish closing the operation. His departure was only awaiting the arrival of Cristian Ansaldi , his replacement behind. With the advent of Argentina, the squad knew America could be free to go and Calderon, as its purpose was to add minutes.

The youth went to the sports before their peers snatched away at 9 am in to say goodbye. The Liverpool a call option on it valued at 7.5 million euros after two seasons to stay north of England is saved. One option that can answer Atletico turn to another repurchase valued at a similar amount.

Guilavogui , seeking to Benfica, Arsenal and Wolfsburg, and Insua have to be the next to leave the Manzanares. Onion , who has publicly stated his desire to leave and negotiate with Sunderland could follow. Baptistão , which meant the Lightning, is awaiting the arrival of a third front.

https://twitter.com/@mundodeportivo | http://facebook.com/MundoDeportivo.com]link[/url]

Pardon the google translate
      Aziz1981
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #110: Aug 04, 2014 12:58:00 pm
      So it seems 2 year loan, with Liverpool having an option to buy but Athletico could in future exercise a buy back option.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #111: Aug 04, 2014 01:03:53 pm
      Don't know why as I've only seen YouTube clips but I've got a good feeling about this kid.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #112: Aug 04, 2014 02:33:07 pm
      This player took me by surprise, at first I was like who? But I already know I don't know most players ability because I can't watch that amount of games.
      This player looks very special, blew my mind when I watched how he plays the game, gets forward in the blink of an eye, great control and strong/focused in defensively.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #113: Aug 04, 2014 10:27:06 pm
      Stuart McCaw Cross ‏@Birdy181 3h
      Javier Manquillo just landed from madrid at liverpool airport! @LFC @SkySportsNews

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #114: Aug 04, 2014 10:39:29 pm
      So it seems 2 year loan, with Liverpool having an option to buy but Athletico could in future exercise a buy back option.

They can purchase him back for a similar amount. That's lame.

Hopefully it's only after a certain amount of time before that clause expires. Would hate for him to be a big hit only for Atletico to sign him back up for a similar fee down the road.

Quick Reply