Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Radamel Falcao (Monaco)

Read 35066 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Re: Radamel Falcao (Monaco)
      Reply #299: Aug 20, 2014 06:39:40 pm
      I'm just waiting for United to sign Di Maria, for Madrid to sign Falcao. Watch the meltdown then.

Was just thinking same thing. Do you buy this as genuine interest mate?

Looking for another perspective as the whole thing has my "spider-cynisism" tingling.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #300: Aug 20, 2014 06:55:20 pm
      Was just thinking same thing. Do you buy this as genuine interest mate?

Looking for another perspective as the whole thing has my "spider-cynisism" tingling.

I think Rodgers is definitely interested, plus reliable sources have said we're interested. I just don't think FSG would sanctioned £20 million for a season long loan. They spent entire transfer windows bargaining over 2-3 million and failing to bring them in (Demspey, Sturridge in the summer, Salah, Willian to name a few). I don't see them thinking this is financially prudent. 

I think Falcao is Real Madrid bound even IF we would stomp up the money, and Di Maria is PSG/United bound. Still questions if he'd want to go to United, but I wouldn't rule it out.

However negative and pessimistic I sound, I just don't see this happening. Not with FSG's history.

I'd happily be proven wrong though.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #301: Aug 20, 2014 07:04:47 pm
      This isn't idle gossip mate, we're actively perusing these players. Actively perusing and signing though are too different things. As for our being a feeder club to Real and Barca, that will only happen when English players are as talented as South Americans which isn't going to happen any time soon and even when it does, can you imagine the inflation attached? I mean if Downing was worth £20 million because he was English, imagine how much Falco would be worth if he was English too?  :o

Surely you mean with the exception of Stevie G? Who, after all basically told Real to f**k themselves ;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #302: Aug 20, 2014 07:09:06 pm
      I think Rodgers is definitely interested, plus reliable sources have said we're interested. I just don't think FSG would sanctioned £20 million for a season long loan. They spent entire transfer windows bargaining over 2-3 million and failing to bring them in (Demspey, Sturridge in the summer, Salah, Willian to name a few). I don't see them thinking this is financially prudent. 

I think Falcao is Real Madrid bound even IF we would stomp up the money, and Di Maria is PSG/United bound. Still questions if he'd want to go to United, but I wouldn't rule it out.

However negative and pessimistic I sound, I just don't see this happening. Not with FSG's history.

I'd happily be proven wrong though.

Just for my info who exactly are the reliable sources?

lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #303: Aug 20, 2014 07:12:40 pm
      Just for my info who exactly are the reliable sources?

Tony Barret from the Times is reliable, Paul Joyce is seen as reliable too and a couple others that have said we're interested in Falcao.

Their reliability is not impregnable but they're seen as the most reliable journalists other than the Echo.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #304: Aug 20, 2014 07:13:59 pm
      Tony Barret from the Times is reliable, Paul Joyce is seen as reliable too and a couple others that have said we're interested in Falcao.

Their reliability is not impregnable but they're seen as the most reliable journalists other than the Echo.

Okay fair enough they are pretty reliable as can be for journo's.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #305: Aug 20, 2014 07:18:47 pm
      Re Falcao or whoever as the Luis replacement.

Two other bullshit mantras really piss me off
      1)"Sturridge needs to step up to the plate" this yr.
      Well 1stly he wont be "stepping up to the plate" because he doesnt play baseball.
      2ndly he did terrifically last yr, and cant be expected to do much more. Infact, he may actually find it a bit harder!
      Managers watch videos, players learn your weaknesses, the old "u get your first year for free in the Premiership" saying.
      We lose 31 goals with Luis. Sturridge isnt gonna add those 31 goals to his own 20 something haul. Nor is he gonna add many assists. Infact the loss of Luis may well make it harder for him to match his own tally of last season.

Sterling, Markov, Coutinho are all kids and (as u can expect!) havent been massively prolific in previous years. Again
      Henderson too is not a top goalscorer, never has. Gerrards prolific yrs are a long way gone.
      Bottom line is we need a top scorer AND top creator, most prferably IN ONE PLAYER!

2)The other monumental bullshit mantra:-
      "we've always replaced stars in the past, its nothing to worry about".
      Yeah we replaced Keegan by stumping up big money - on Kenny, Souness AND others.
      We didnt immediately replace our other stars.
      Just look at the utter dogshit we had to watch thro the years. Names like Paul Stewart, Karl Heinz Riedle, Baros and Cisse and Carroll, amongst MANY MORE. All of these were bought to fill the role of some lynchpin or other.

And if anyone disputes we have spent some time in the wilderness, can they remind me of the time we last won the League?

Agree with you to a certain extent regarding Studge and goals. Yeah, it was probably down to Luis pulling players out of position that gave Studge that many opportunities to score in the first place. Hoping to see Sterling and Coutinho take up the mantle of displacing players now whilst also contributing greatly to scoring themselves.

Don't mean to be pedantic but.......Keegan to Hamburg for £500k, Dalglish to Liverpool for £440k.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #306: Aug 20, 2014 07:26:59 pm
      Would be great to get him, but I just can't see it, still think he'll end up at Real Madrid.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #307: Aug 20, 2014 07:37:02 pm
      Don't worry guys they're just waiting til my birthday to announce it.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #308: Aug 20, 2014 07:57:31 pm
      I refuse to play my wildcard until Falcao signs on the dotted line.

How much do you think FF would price him at? Got to be 13.0
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,431 posts | 6422 
      Reply #309: Aug 20, 2014 07:58:53 pm
      Some interesting stuff on twitter about an article from RMC Sport, supposedly reliable?

Says we are going to take on Falcao for 12£ With a buy option of 40£.

Might as well get Falcao and Balotelli, transfer business done!
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #310: Aug 20, 2014 08:01:56 pm

Tony Barrett said our interest was rebuffed. Never said anything about us going back in or anything.

Some interesting stuff on twitter about an article from RMC Sport, supposedly reliable?

Nothing on twitter is really that reliable other than a few sources. RMC sport would not be one of those I trust. Take it with a grain of salt.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #311: Aug 20, 2014 08:02:33 pm

£40???

Bargain

Sign him up. :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,431 posts | 6422 
      Reply #312: Aug 20, 2014 08:05:56 pm
      I don't know why everyone is so anti-twitter, yes you have to wade through the bollockssmiths (learned that one on this forum ;D) on there but that's no different than talkin to people in reL life. If you flow credible people wih credible sources a lot of news breaks on twitter first.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #313: Aug 20, 2014 08:08:32 pm
      I don't know why everyone is so anti-twitter, yes you have to wade through the bollockssmiths (learned that one on this forum ;D) on there but that's no different than talkin to people in reL life. If you flow credible people wih credible sources a lot of news breaks on twitter first.

Agreed. RMC sport is not the most reliable in my opinion. That is what I was getting at. I was more so talking about when people say "the talk on twitter" because to me "talk on twitter" is just fan based speculation.

Also I just can't see this one happening. I really, really, really hope I am wrong on this one though.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #314: Aug 20, 2014 08:11:03 pm

The same source that previously said the deal was a no-goer because of the buy option?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,933 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #315: Aug 20, 2014 08:11:49 pm
      Imagine if we sign Balotelli and get Falcao on loan with option to buy.

If that were the case id have Sturridge and Falcao line up as a partnership with Ballo on the bench.

Wow that would be amazing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,431 posts | 6422 
      Reply #316: Aug 20, 2014 08:35:47 pm
      The same source that previously said the deal was a no-goer because of the buy option?
      No idea man, hadn't heard of them before to be honest but saw claims that they were supposed reliable.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #317: Aug 20, 2014 09:21:33 pm
      Imagine if we sign Balotelli and get Falcao on loan with option to buy.

If that were the case id have Sturridge and Falcao line up as a partnership with Ballo on the bench.

Wow that would be amazing.

I'd put £100 on is winning the League tbh!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #318: Aug 20, 2014 09:45:29 pm
      This geezer is the real deal. Imagine we get him? It'll be unbelievable. Good for the prem.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,933 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #319: Aug 20, 2014 09:54:01 pm
      I'd put £100 on is winning the League tbh!

Making you a nice sum of money.

12/1 sky bet has us winning the league.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #320: Aug 20, 2014 09:55:03 pm
      Don't know why but Falcao deal seems more realistically achievable than the over inflated asking price of Cavani or never likely Reus.
      I think the reported £20M a year loan although expensive might be enough for FSG to pursue this one esp if it guarantees CL and another assault on the PL.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,132 posts | 127 
      Reply #321: Aug 20, 2014 10:10:52 pm
      Don't know why but Falcao deal seems more realistically achievable than the over inflated asking price of Cavani or never likely Reus.
      I think the reported £20M a year loan although expensive might be enough for FSG to pursue this one esp if it guarantees CL and another assault on the PL.

Could'nt agree more, the prems top sides have signed top strikers this window, up to now (no disrespect to studge or sterling) all we've done is sold one.

Quick Reply