Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Alberto Moreno (Contract Expired)

Read 178340 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Re: Alberto Moreno Player Thread
      Reply #529: Jan 25, 2016 09:21:12 am
      Weird how a light hearted remark about people's ages and full-backs produced such vehement responses. Chill out guys eh?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. He's just a full-back, some think he's terrible, some think he's really quite good. For what it's worth I hope he becomes really good but in the meantime I shi...t myself every time he's in the line-up.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #530: Jan 25, 2016 09:42:46 am
      Basically he's sh*t going forward and a liability at defending. He does however have great stamina and is lightning fast. Is that good enough?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,695 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #531: Jan 25, 2016 02:12:06 pm
      I'd rather prefer Moreno to Gomez, i like fullbacks who surge forward.

It is about opinion. I think that I would prefer a defender/wing back/full back to do his primary job, to defend. Moreno is shitty defender but yes I agree his attacking is quite decent.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6945 
      Reply #532: Jan 25, 2016 02:42:21 pm
      Moreno is a horrible defender, constantly putting his CB's in a pickle.

Not great is he.

Often wrong side, too small, too rash.  That double attempt at giving away a penalty will go down in the memory banks as one of the most ludicrous on field decisions of our season.

Like Glen Johnson, he's a wing back at best and totally unsuited for 4 at the back.

AND another thing.  How on earth does he get himself so involved in free kicks?

He may well go on to develop further but he's not a guaranteed starter (except due to injuries).
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #533: Jan 26, 2016 01:23:43 pm
      Said it before lad needs a slap across the chops.

Left back with arguably the worst positioning and awareness in the league. His positioning for Naismith's goal was f**king dire I don't think Naismith believed his luck when he saw where Alberto was hence why he waited so long to dart into the box. Positioning for the penalty was even worse not to mention the stupid brain fart lunge in the box seen many a  game in my life time but have not seen anything like it.

He needs to realise he's shooting ability is severely over rate too in fact he needs to rate himself a little less in general.

Bring on Smith.

Eh? Emre Can was entirely at fault for the Naismith goal. The penalty was total madness, no defending that.

His shooting ability is quite good for a defender. He shouldn't be taking set pieces, but even that isn't the biggest deal considering we're all w*nk at them.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #534: Jan 26, 2016 05:48:33 pm
      F**k it...

I like him...

Yea I said it.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #535: Jan 26, 2016 10:41:34 pm
      Appalling performance. I am bemused at how stupid some players can be, but Moreno's form of late has to make him one of the most idiotic players I've ever seen in a Liverpool shirt.

Thing is, I think he has quality, and its not lack of quality making him look sh*t - its the lack of brains. Same applies to Can.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #536: Jan 26, 2016 10:42:43 pm
      Appalling performance. I am bemused at how stupid some players can be, but Moreno's form of late has to make him one of the most idiotic players I've ever seen in a Liverpool shirt.

Thing is, I think he has quality, and its not lack of quality making him look sh*t - its the lack of brains. Same applies to Can.

Fair all that, brainless by both Can and Moreno tonight. Both should be dropped.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #537: Jan 26, 2016 11:06:32 pm
      I think it's clear he is not likely to develop grey matter between his ears any time soon.

Time to give Smith a chance.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #538: Jan 26, 2016 11:13:59 pm
      I think it's clear he is not likely to develop grey matter between his ears any time soon.

Time to give Smith a chance.

Is Emre Can likely to?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #539: Jan 26, 2016 11:16:13 pm

You could ask that about most of our players  :)

grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #540: Jan 26, 2016 11:18:09 pm
      I am starting to see a trend, every game he starts of decent, but as the game goes on he gets stupider and stupider and stupider may be there just isn't enough blood going to his brain. :P
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #541: Jan 26, 2016 11:28:28 pm

Eh? Emre Can was entirely at fault for the Naismith goal. The penalty was total madness, no defending that.

His shooting ability is quite good for a defender. He shouldn't be taking set pieces, but even that isn't the biggest deal considering we're all w*nk at them.

Really?

Why was Can dragged to left in the first place?

Anyway at fault again for another goal went wondering out of position missed timed a tackle allowing Bojan acres. Got absolutely bullocked by Klopp in the 110th minute when Lucas (from the right side of his CB position) had to come across and clutter Affelay for him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #542: Jan 27, 2016 12:12:54 am
      Really?

Why was Can dragged to left in the first place?

Anyway at fault again for another goal went wondering out of position missed timed a tackle allowing Bojan acres. Got absolutely bullocked by Klopp in the 110th minute when Lucas (from the right side of his CB position) had to come across and clutter Affelay for him.

And that was because Bertie braindead got involved in a running battle with Walters!!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #543: Jan 27, 2016 12:21:53 am
      Hope someone got a picture of it but Klopp had his hands around Moreno's throat at the end of the game. Only a 'play' throttling, but I think everyone who saw it got the message.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #544: Jan 27, 2016 12:37:14 am
      F**k sake at one stage he didn't bother running back when Walters had a stretch on him .
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #545: Jan 27, 2016 11:04:40 am
      Moreno loses the man he is marking too easy in my opinion. I think Klopp yelled at him about it yesterday during the game.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #546: Jan 29, 2016 05:45:10 pm
      "He is not easy to face in training either". I love that line. Flano is a f**king maschine. You pick him to your team ´cause you dont want to play against him. Very underated going forward as well.

Luis Suarez: I think Liverpool have a new Jamie Carragher too, and that’s Jon Flanagan. He’s very, very similar. He has the same personality, he’s aggressive on the pitch. He may be limited in technical terms, but he knows that and plays to his strengths. When Carra played as a full-back, if he went up the line he knew what he had to do and what not to do. Flanagan is the same. He knows. He has the spirit and hunger that Carra had, the same ambition to squeeze every last drop of talent out of himself. He’s going to go a very long way. Players like that will always go a very long way. People may say, ‘he hasn’t got this, he hasn’t got that’, but a player like him will succeed. He’s not easy to face in training either.

wrong tread sorry.
      « Last Edit: Jan 29, 2016 06:24:31 pm by Lio Varadkar »
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #547: Jan 29, 2016 06:18:06 pm
      "He is not easy to face in training either". I love that line. Flano is a f**king maschine. You pick him to your team ´cause you dont want to play against him. Very underated going forward as well.

Luis Suarez: I think Liverpool have a new Jamie Carragher too, and that’s Jon Flanagan. He’s very, very similar. He has the same personality, he’s aggressive on the pitch. He may be limited in technical terms, but he knows that and plays to his strengths. When Carra played as a full-back, if he went up the line he knew what he had to do and what not to do. Flanagan is the same. He knows. He has the spirit and hunger that Carra had, the same ambition to squeeze every last drop of talent out of himself. He’s going to go a very long way. Players like that will always go a very long way. People may say, ‘he hasn’t got this, he hasn’t got that’, but a player like him will succeed. He’s not easy to face in training either.

Wrong thread mate :laugh:
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #548: Jan 29, 2016 06:25:09 pm
      yeah sorry mate.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #549: Jan 29, 2016 10:01:20 pm

wrong tread sorry.

Not every player who shows heart and is scouse is the next Carragher. Carragher was one of the best defenders around, was solid, and was consistent - Flanagan won't even come close to Carragher's level. Carragher was much better technically than he's given credit for.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #550: Jan 29, 2016 10:11:50 pm

Not every player who shows heart and is scouse is the next Carragher. Carragher was one of the best defenders around, was solid, and was consistent - Flanagan won't even come close to Carragher's level. Carragher was much better technically than he's given credit for.

Maybe your right, time will tell, in the meantime if Luis Suarez rates him that'll do for me. I'd take him over Moreno's headless chicken impressions every time.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #551: Jan 30, 2016 12:07:04 am
      Moreno for his own long term future at the club needs to sit out a few games as he is no where need the level of a non league player never mind PL.
      His positioning is just atrocious, almost as if he has never played as a defender.
      He charges out of position like a over excited puppy leaving gaping holes at the back.
      Going forward he has virtually no end product.

I like the guy because he is young I hold hope he can improve but the way Klopp wanted to rip his head off the other day I fear for his long term future with any many more performances like the one the day.

PS odd despite how sh*te some players are we hold out some fulorn hope they will come good!

Quick Reply