Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Joe Allen (Man Utd)

Read 6161 times
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Re: Joe Allen (Man Utd)
      Reply #23: Aug 27, 2014 02:18:58 pm
      Not a chance. Not for 50 million. They need him more than they need Di Maria

Seriously?

the guy is so average, not only would we somehow get 20 million for him but we will also give them a player who will do a worse job torres did at chelsea....
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #24: Aug 27, 2014 02:28:25 pm
      Allen is starting games for us. And is doing well enough. So would not sell.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #25: Aug 27, 2014 02:44:02 pm
      Seriously?

the guy is so average, not only would we somehow get 20 million for him but we will also give them a player who will do a worse job torres did at chelsea....

Allen has ability, has started the season in good form, and like Hendo got last season he should be given a chance to prove himself this season.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #26: Aug 27, 2014 03:08:56 pm
      I'd much rather keep him.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #27: Aug 27, 2014 03:09:15 pm
      :lmao: Worst transfer gossip all year? Why on earth would we sell one of our usual 18 to United? hahaha

Beyond that, we shouldn't be looking to sell Allen. Tidy player, probably our best midfielder vs City, changed the game vs Southampton. Showing signs of good form like he did when we first bought him. Great player to have in the squad.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #28: Aug 27, 2014 03:20:48 pm
      :lmao: Worst transfer gossip all year? Why on earth would we sell one of our usual 18 to United? hahaha

Beyond that, we shouldn't be looking to sell Allen. Tidy player, probably our best midfielder vs City, changed the game vs Southampton. Showing signs of good form like he did when we first bought him. Great player to have in the squad.

Agree TRM.

We have to keep this squad together and build on it like we have done this summer.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #29: Aug 27, 2014 03:27:29 pm
      Agree TRM.

We have to keep this squad together and build on it like we have done this summer.

Would you still be of the same opinion if the sale of Joe meant that we could bring in Pogba, Vidal or some other top player?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #30: Aug 27, 2014 03:33:51 pm
      Would you still be of the same opinion if the sale of Joe meant that we could bring in Pogba, Vidal or some other top player?

Interesting question mate.

I like Joe. Always have done but if I knew for a fact that if we sold him we'd buy Pogba then it's obviously a no brainer.

I don't see that happening however and with a big season ahead I think Joe will have his part to play.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #31: Aug 27, 2014 03:36:59 pm
      If we could get a really top midfielder (Pogba etc), I'd drive Allen to that grotty mill town personally..

With Pogba, I'd still be wondering about the post Luis gap, but we'd really get a boost in the middle of the pitch.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #32: Aug 27, 2014 03:37:05 pm
      I don't get this best midfielder business, when he came on against Southampton or versus Man City.  He flattered to decieve and he certainly decieved a fair amount of people.  If we had a replacement lined up, I'd certainly entertain bids of £20m plus.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33: Aug 27, 2014 03:38:34 pm
      How desperate are they?

I like little Joe by the way, but they've gone through a truly desperate summer. All of their signings were severely overpriced and now they're looking for a Liverpool squad player? Haha!

I still wouldn't sell to them for any sum of money, I remember they refused letting go of Heinze for us :D :D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #34: Aug 27, 2014 03:39:14 pm
      Interesting question mate.

I like Joe. Always have done but if I knew for a fact that if we sold him we'd buy Pogba then it's obviously a no brainer.

I don't see that happening however and with a big season ahead I think Joe will have his part to play.

I just get the feeling Brendan would like a midfield addition, hence the rumoured loan/sale of Lucas and now the unlikely rumour about Allen. I think we still have money in the pot for the right player but maybe not room in the squad unless we sell ?
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #35: Aug 27, 2014 03:42:46 pm
      Perhaps their reasoning is that they've got quite a few physical type players - Rooney, Van P upfront, plus their midfielders.

Allen would give them a bit of fluidity and sharp short range passing, when power/steel isnt that important.
      We're actually a little bit the other way - we lack a bit of bite sometimes in the midfield.
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #36: Aug 27, 2014 03:51:44 pm
      No brainer. If this is true, he should be aready at the scum...
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #37: Aug 27, 2014 03:56:20 pm
      No brainer, Owen should have got a good reception when he visited playing for Utd!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #38: Aug 27, 2014 03:59:28 pm
      Personally, I wouldn't give them the sh*t on Joe Allen's boots for 20m, but everyone to their own!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39: Aug 27, 2014 07:51:52 pm
      No brainer, Owen should have got a good reception when he visited playing for Utd!

You can't be serious. Please tell me you are joking.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #40: Aug 27, 2014 07:59:45 pm
      Oh... Oh... Can I play?

What about -  Would you be of the same opinion if the sale of Joe meant we would bring in Poulsen or Anderson?  ;D
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #41: Aug 27, 2014 08:01:48 pm
      Personally, I wouldn't give them the sh*t on Joe Allen's boots for 20m, but everyone to their own!

If we could get a really top midfielder (Pogba etc), I'd drive Allen to that grotty mill town personally..

I'm torn between these two. I don't want us to do anything to help those fuckers, but if we can improve our own team (with a better player) then that is probably what I would opt for.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #42: Aug 27, 2014 08:14:17 pm

Make that all of us.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #43: Aug 27, 2014 09:39:31 pm
      They're free to buy him for a good price, Allen supported Man U growing up and it may be something he wants. I haven't got a problem with it, I should have because it's Man U.
      It's up to the player here because he mightn't figure a lot for us.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #44: Aug 27, 2014 09:43:46 pm

It was only an instinctive response to the poster above mine.   Can't stand Owen.  But this had nothing to do with that.  At the end of the day if someone is willing to sell them a player then there should be nothing wrong with that player having a good game against us or more so scoring the winning goal.  In fact if one is willing to sell that player in my opinion, however subjective it is.  If the player going which in this case in Joe Allen, if he scored the winning goal or made that significant contribution, deserves to be applauded by that same fan that wanted the move to happen.  Just my opinion. 

We can't open the door of transfers to them scum bags.   It has been closed for generations.  Once it opens then you can't just close it at will.   They won't sell to us and we shouldn't sell to them. 
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #45: Aug 27, 2014 10:05:08 pm
      We've only just strengthened our squad,  why would we weaken it again by helping out our fiercest rivals?  Never going to happen.

Quick Reply