Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your LFC MotM?

22. Mignolet
      (0%)
      19. Manquillo
      (0%)
      37. Skrtel
      (0%)
      6. Lovren
      (2%)
      18. Moreno
      (5%)
      8. Gerrard
      (11.9%)
      14. Henderson
      (5%)
      20. Lallana
      (68.3%)
      50. Markovic
      (0%)
      31. Sterling
      (5.9%)
      45. Balotelli
      (1%)
      10. Coutinho
      (1%)
      9. Lambert
      (0%)
      Other...
      (0%)

Liverpool 1-1 Everton: In-game & post-match "..."

Read 33466 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Everton: In-game & post-match "..."
      Reply #253: Sep 27, 2014 03:04:33 pm
      What a F***ing strike though!  :couch:
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Everton
      Reply #254: Sep 27, 2014 03:04:45 pm
      what an anticlimax
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #255: Sep 27, 2014 03:09:52 pm
      Balotelli was pretty good on the second half, despite the goal he lost. And, in my opinion, Gerrard was the MoM.

I'm pi**ed, but I do see some improvements.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #256: Sep 27, 2014 03:11:52 pm
      Would we have won, everyone would be saying "Balotelli had a good game and was unlucky not to score."
      As Jagielka scored that completely incredible goal and it's finally a draw, it becomes "Balotelli the pedestrian missing sitters costed us the win."

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #257: Sep 27, 2014 03:12:34 pm
      ... dont look   ... but in all their dysfunctional state,  the Scum sit one point and three places above us.
      « Last Edit: Sep 27, 2014 06:04:16 pm by eurored »
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #258: Sep 27, 2014 03:13:33 pm
      He's on £80,000 a week and if the manager says you run the channels, you run the channels. If the manager says you need to be more mobile up front, you do that too. Just like the manager told him 'you do mark at corners now'

No you don't, as I said, it's trying to force a square peg in to a round hole. You don't spend money on a player who doesn't fit your system, you either adjust your system to get the most out of him or you don't buy him in the first place. Anything else is a total waste of time, effort and money.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,706 posts | 150 
      Reply #259: Sep 27, 2014 03:15:25 pm
      What's our Chances to get top 4 now realistically ?

Seriously whats wrong with this club ? Why we go F***ing backward after being in the top .
      Not reaching top 4 will be a disaster it means we won't attract great players unles we pay huge wages and we don't do that .
      Ffs the top4 is getting away and away F***ing disaster start to this season
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #260: Sep 27, 2014 03:18:08 pm
      What's our Chances to get top 4 now realistically ?

Seriously whats wrong with this club ? Why we go f**king backward after being in the top .
      Not reaching top 4 will be a disaster it means we won't attract great players unles we pay huge wages and we don't do that .
      Ffs the top4 is getting away and away f**king disaster start to this season

If results go the way they are right now and Arsenal beat Spurs later then we'll be 4 points off fourth (and that team in 4th is Southampton so odds are we will catch them), one behind United, one ahead of Everton and level with Spurs.

Calm down, there's still 96 points up for grabs and today, even though it hurts a f**king lot, was a step in the right direction.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,246 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #261: Sep 27, 2014 03:19:16 pm
      Another two points wasted,a game we dominated, but never looked convincing in front of goal, can't understand sitting back for the last 10 minuets and inviting Everton on. Another disappointing game, seven points after six games, simply not good enough.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #262: Sep 27, 2014 03:20:16 pm
      Why the fu*k did we have to conduct Remy's medical in the States? Land of the ambulance chasers and doctors in perpetual arse covering mode.

UK doctors passed him here FFS!

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #263: Sep 27, 2014 03:23:58 pm
      Can't believe how some people rate Mario, and say he will become good. When was the last time he had a really good game for Milan? He is a average striker with a big ego, that's about it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #264: Sep 27, 2014 03:28:42 pm
      The result aside a much better performance today but the question remains when Sturridge is not playing where are the goals going to come from. It's obvious Balo with all his attributes is not a goal machine.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #265: Sep 27, 2014 03:30:20 pm
      Had a gut full. Of the ale and after that performance/result it's the best way to be.

I don't know about anyone else but it felt as though four hours had past watching 90mins of football. In contrast to last season, if felt like 90mins had gone by in a flick of the eye.

A draw was a fair result, as on show were two teams low on confidence. It was turgid at times and the two teams on Merseyside were simultaneously in retreat. No confidence, cohesion or movement in the final third ensured we carried on with our toothless ness.

I think Rodgers in hindsight got it wrong playing Markovic from the off. Not only was the game passing him by but without another striker to support Balotelli we looked dross up top.

This is the first time I've ever got to watch the big Italian over a number of games and I have to say he hasn't convinced. I think we need to see him paired rapid with Sturridge as I believe both players, certainly Mario can/should prove to be more effective upfront than on their own.

The game needed someone to change the game and it was the old guard in Ste-Gerrard to make that change with a sweet free kick. We never looked like scoring in a month on Sundays during play and it fell to the captain to get this dysfunctional Liverpool team outta the poop.

That, said, ten minutes to go and we retreated and invited Neverton onto us. Defending isn't our strongest point and seeing this I wasn't holding my breath, after all the last ten minutes felt like an hour, such was the dire performances of both teams.

Lallana for me was our MOTM, never stopped, didn't shrink and apart from Sterling was the only player to offer quality in the final third. Not totally convinced on Manquillo as of yet but that's by the by, after another forgettable afternoon in front of a forgettable home crowd.

Pished.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #266: Sep 27, 2014 03:30:55 pm
      Can't believe how some people rate Mario, and say he is become good. When was the last time he had a really good game for Milan? He is a average striker with a big ego, that's about it.

I see it that way too. Never rated him and what I see now is what I saw when he was at City and Milan.

I know it's been a few games, but this is how Balotelli has been throughout his career. I really want to see Borini given a run of games with Sturridge.

DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #267: Sep 27, 2014 03:35:58 pm
      With this result, we are currently behind Man Utd.

Embarrassing.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6735 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #268: Sep 27, 2014 03:37:35 pm
      The crowd was awful again tonight. A F***ing Derby and you could hear a pin drop at lots of stages during the match. Shocking!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,565 posts | 730 
      Reply #269: Sep 27, 2014 03:41:37 pm
      We played well today.

BUT We need goals.

Also defensively still need to improve. Hold strong. I mean, 90 mins we should have blocked the cross that came in the eventually came to Jagielka. THEN even after that in the last few secs we gave up freekick on the right and could have lost it, luckily barry didnt finish.

We need to finish our chances. Cant wait for a fit Sturridge back.

We desperately need better back up strikers to compliment how we play.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #270: Sep 27, 2014 03:46:03 pm
      So gutted.

I have still have no idea why we reverted from keeping the ball to just standing off them in the last 5 minutes.

At least we have Basel game to look forward to now...
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #271: Sep 27, 2014 03:48:15 pm
      Brendan out you f**king c**t , always sitting deep when leading, like we are a relegation team, worked last season when the luck , solely the luck saved us. See the games vs norwich, west ham, sunderland

You're right.

Shocking miss by Brendan from three yards out. Then he backed off Jagielka giving him a free hit.

If it wasn't for Brendan's poor footwork he would have got a hand to that shot too.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #272: Sep 27, 2014 03:50:36 pm
      Poll added.

We move on...
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #273: Sep 27, 2014 03:51:51 pm
      "Stomping, walking in my big black boots...............

BUT WHEN WILL THEY SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just take that shot dammit.

Tired of needless passes around and within the 18 yard box when taking the shot may have been better.

Guilty: Markovich Moreno Lallana Coutinho
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #274: Sep 27, 2014 03:54:05 pm
      Lallana put in the motm shift today. Gerrard scored the goal. Gerrard for motm
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #275: Sep 27, 2014 03:57:27 pm
      Gutted... but what a strike, I've got to admit.
      I was impressed today, our passing looked sharper and there was fire in the players.
      Henderson's long passes were class.
      Also Lallana is looking better every time I get to see him.
      I know it's horrible to miss out at the end like that, it was only a case of being more clinical in front of goal. our all round play including defense was way more professional and sharper by a mile in comparison to the last three games.

Quick Reply