Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your LFC MotM?

22. Mignolet
      (0%)
      19. Manquillo
      (0%)
      37. Skrtel
      (0%)
      6. Lovren
      (2%)
      18. Moreno
      (5%)
      8. Gerrard
      (11.9%)
      14. Henderson
      (5%)
      20. Lallana
      (68.3%)
      50. Markovic
      (0%)
      31. Sterling
      (5.9%)
      45. Balotelli
      (1%)
      10. Coutinho
      (1%)
      9. Lambert
      (0%)
      Other...
      (0%)

Liverpool 1-1 Everton: In-game & post-match "..."

Read 33736 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Everton
      Reply #230: Sep 27, 2014 02:46:33 pm
      I thought we played well... just couldn't score and then got robbed at the death.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #231: Sep 27, 2014 02:46:33 pm
      F**k I can't wait till Sturridge is back. He adds a whole new dimension to our game.

He does, I do feel given time, Mario will be able to deliver. But Sturridge getting injured when a new striker comes in at the club - worst case scenario ever. Give it a year, I'm sure Mario would have won us games what with being used to the system and all that.

I still blame that stupid c**t Hodgson for this.
      Tadders

• 6,828 posts | 580 
      Reply #232: Sep 27, 2014 02:46:54 pm
      Oh and by the way - Lallana will be class when Sturridge is back - a pedestrian Ballotelli is not ideal
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #233: Sep 27, 2014 02:47:36 pm
      Brendan out you F***ing c**t , always sitting deep when leading, like we are a relegation team, worked last season when the luck , solely the luck saved us. See the games vs norwich, west ham, sunderland

Disrespectful is too kind a word for "supporters" like you.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #234: Sep 27, 2014 02:47:39 pm
      To be fair I thought we played much better today and defended generally pretty well. You can't legislate for a fella scoring a worldy in the dying seconds. As it's dropping to him we're all hoping he's going to hit it as it was a one in a hundred chance. Sometimes they fly in, usually they don't.

As for Mario's sitter, it was actually a great save.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #235: Sep 27, 2014 02:48:46 pm
      Can't blame our defence for that goal, you simply don't save those. Maybe should have been closing him down quicker, but this is Phil F***ing Jagielka when does he hit a shot like that, only against us it seems.

Deserved to win, Barry should have been off early, we should have had a couple off Balo at least but we got punished for sitting back.

People moan when we sit back at the end, they moan when we attack at the end. I thought our performance was better than recent weeks, Gerrard much better and Lallana miles better, MotM for me today Adam. Also think our defending was better than it has been but we've been sucker punched and anyone can take those.

It hurts more because of our shocking results recently, need to pick ourselves up and get on a winning run or we'll see this race for top 4 be a tough ask.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #236: Sep 27, 2014 02:48:47 pm
      Brendan out you f**king c**t , always sitting deep when leading, like we are a relegation team, worked last season when the luck , solely the luck saved us. See the games vs norwich, west ham, sunderland

well well well that makes a very good supporter/fan out of you

YNWA

smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #237: Sep 27, 2014 02:49:31 pm
      You are as bad as each other. Prats.

Another DISGRACEFUL performance.

Sick of this bunch now.

Appalling. Why they let Everton attack? Why they stood off? Why they did nothing?

Lalana at the end there showed what we needed to do. But after he ran around, what did the lads do? Nothing. Sat down. Had a chat. Bunch of pussies. No fight in them. No pride. No care.

Brendan out you f**king c**t , always sitting deep when leading, like we are a relegation team, worked last season when the luck , solely the luck saved us. See the games vs norwich, west ham, sunderland
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #238: Sep 27, 2014 02:49:35 pm
      Dare I say it? I was actually quite happy with our performance.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #239: Sep 27, 2014 02:50:36 pm
      It feels like a loss, we played well enough to win, but we didn't take our chances. Mario needs to sharpen up QuickTime!

Balotelli was the subject of a lot of provocation, thought he did well not reacting. It's gonna click one day soon.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #240: Sep 27, 2014 02:50:40 pm
      Somebody up there hates us...
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #241: Sep 27, 2014 02:52:53 pm
      Would of been a good result with an ok performance. Now its a poor result with an ok performance. Which is a lot worse in my eyes.

Balotelli should have scored. We looked a lot better with Coutinho on, Markovic seems off the pace and not with it.

Sterling showed glimpses of what he can do but end ball was never there. Moreno and Manquillo were quite average today. 

Not sure why we didn't have two up top it's clear Balotelli doesn't like to run in behind the defence, have him with someone up top and he will get more space. Showed great strength and linked up well, but needs to be more direct when attacking.

We need to up the tempo, we don't have that same hunger and desire to get the goals this season.

Onto the next one ay.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #242: Sep 27, 2014 02:54:06 pm
      The amount of chances we had today................... ......... how did we not comfortably win that?

You waste your chances, you're going to invite real pressure at the end. When some of the new players get to grips with the system, goals will come, but it's ball-achingly frustrating at the moment.

It's encouraging we played a lot lot better today, but god, nothing makes you feel good from this match especially when you need the points.

Because we did not buy a pure goal scorer in the Summer. Balotelli is a target man. He's not meant to be running the channels, he's meant to be holding the ball up, turning his man, nodding the ball down or getting on the end of headers. He is not meant to be leading the attack and the fact that we're being forced in to playing him like that is a failing of our Summer transfer policy. Blatant missed chance aside, he had a reasonable game. He's a square peg trying to be forced in to a round hole and people need to stop blaming him for that.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #243: Sep 27, 2014 02:57:32 pm
      I thought the performance  was not bad at all. Lallana worked his socks off and IMO was MoTM.

zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #244: Sep 27, 2014 02:58:21 pm
      sh*t,sh*t,sh*t,....

:mad: :mad: :mad:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,530 posts | 1517 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #245: Sep 27, 2014 02:58:52 pm
      Because we did not buy a pure goal scorer in the Summer. Balotelli is a target man. He's not meant to be running the channels, he's meant to be holding the ball up, turning his man, nodding the ball down or getting on the end of headers. He is not meant to be leading the attack and the fact that we're being forced in to playing him like that is a failing of our Summer transfer policy. Blatant missed chance aside, he had a reasonable game. He's a square peg trying to be forced in to a round hole and people need to stop blaming him for that.
      He's on £80,000 a week and if the manager says you run the channels, you run the channels. If the manager says you need to be more mobile up front, you do that too. Just like the manager told him 'you do mark at corners now'
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #246: Sep 27, 2014 03:00:02 pm
      We need to face facts. This team is going to need time to gel and adopt Brendans tactics.

Hope we make the most of this years CL participation because in all honesty we're simply not good enough to make the top 4 to take part next year.

I hope there's money available for a proper pacey forward in January.

Second place syndrome is striking again it would seem :f_tongueincheek:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,451 posts | 2845 
      Reply #247: Sep 27, 2014 03:00:10 pm
      Feels like a defeat but I do think people are being a bit too negative. We created a lot more openings today and if it was Sturridge instead of Markovic we probably would have created even more and maybe scored a few more too.

Defence were a lot more solid today, Moreno was doing brilliantly (until he almost threw it away in the last second) against the much bigger and stronger Lukaku and the CBs were more commanding (even though Mignolet again tried to F**k them over by not coming out).

Gerrard and Hendo were much improved in the middle, Gerrard in particular put in a performance like the ones he was producing towards the back end of last season. Sterling was decent, created some things but was wasteful on other occasions. Markovic was very poor and was the clear weak link but I think he'll get better with time and Coutinho returned to the side with a decent shift. Lallana was my clear MOTM, always looking to make something happen and the way he was running about everywhere making tackles was brilliant, he will be one hell of a player for us.

Not sure what to make of Mario's performance. Some very nice touches and again he put in a top shift but his end product seems a worry and he really should have scored twice (Howard shouldn't be getting a sniff for that second chance). I think he will get better with time, it's just a mighty shame that Sturridge got injured so early meaning we had to rely on Balotelli at such an early point in his Liverpool career.

How we pick ourselves up from this one will define our season. We need this game to fire us up, we need to use it as motivation to go on and kill teams off. We are still lucky that only Chelsea really have got off to a flyer so we aren't going to be miles off the pace come next weekend but it's getting to that point now where if we don't get on a run the top 4 is looking like one hell of a struggle.
      wolves76
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #248: Sep 27, 2014 03:01:31 pm
      Im actually relieved cos although we deserved to win the game by two or three I thought after their one in a million kind of goal they were then going to steal it at the end with that free kick.  Imagine that?  Bad enough now but imagine if they had beaten us in injury time with that back heel. That really would have summed up our day. So Im a bit gutted we did not win but deep down relieved it wasnt worse.  And I am at least encouraged with most of the performance.   I thought we played very well apart from the last ten when we were understandably jittery and sat too deep. If Sturridge returns and Emre Can and Joe Allen get fit and challenge central midfield then I think we can be pretty formidable again.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #249: Sep 27, 2014 03:03:31 pm
      Well at least the trend is broken.. W L W L W L W D and that was a pathetic September

Off to Switzerland, pick up an away win and we have West Bro (H), QPR (A), Hull (H), Newcastle (A) until the plastics come here. Common boys, lets have a good October
      rossyred

• 9,309 posts | 1670 
      Reply #250: Sep 27, 2014 03:03:46 pm
      bit harsh on balo could have been hero but for Howards shoulder.

Mignolet -6still stuck to line but not lot to do
      Manquillo 6 - offered little offensively but good at back
      Lovren and Skyrtel-7
      Moreno-7 bjt rash at back with pen appeal and near costly foul at end but good going forward
      Hendo7 more snappy and pressed well benefited from rest
      Stevie 8 much better due to having more time and trademark goal
      Sterling and lallana 8/9
      Markovic 3
      Balo 6
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,217 posts | 4412 
      Reply #251: Sep 27, 2014 03:04:17 pm
      Jagielka showing Balo how to do it.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #252: Sep 27, 2014 03:04:18 pm
      Average performance, even though we played better than Everton and should've got the win. Really unlucky and totally gutted with the result.

A draw at home always feels like a loss, no matter who we face.

Quick Reply