Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match:

Jones
      2 (2.3%)
      Touré
      1 (1.2%)
      Skrtel
      1 (1.2%)
      Sakho
      25 (29.1%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Gerrard
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      2 (2.3%)
      Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Coutinho
      14 (16.3%)
      Sterling
      15 (17.4%)
      Lallana
      8 (9.3%)
      Mignolet
      5 (5.8%)
      Can
      12 (14%)
      Lambert
      1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Burnley 0:1 Liverpool. In game & post match smash and grab.

Read 27552 times
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Re: Burnley 0:1 Liverpool. In game & post match smash and grab.
      Reply #506: Dec 26, 2014 05:42:45 pm
      Got the 3 points, that's all that matters. Mignolet is on his way to be the biggest star of those football funnies show, seriously how can a keeper allow that ball to go out. Get that new keeper signed in the first hour of transfer window. Couts and Sterling showed that extra bit of quality can decide these games. Sakho put in a stellar performance and Can can be an interesting option at the back.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #507: Dec 26, 2014 06:08:31 pm
      Got the 3 points, that's all that matters. Mignolet is on his way to be the biggest star of those football funnies show, seriously how can a keeper allow that ball to go out. Get that new keeper signed in the first hour of transfer window.

and he was complaining why  the chavs goalie is ahead of him in the belgian squad
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #508: Dec 26, 2014 06:13:58 pm
      We were lucky to get the points and Rodgers tactics " if you can call them that " were all over the gaff . Markovic can't play wing back Boyd was all over him .
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #509: Dec 26, 2014 06:21:32 pm
      Up to 9th!!!!!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #510: Dec 26, 2014 06:24:19 pm
      So easy to play against us today for Burnley. They marked our wing backs ANC just lumped the ball up and with Lucas and Gerrard being probably the most immobile midfielders in the league they had us pinned in our own half.

So easy to see but obviously too difficult for Rodgers to adjust him tactics. A accusation that has been thrown at him many times with good reason that he is just too slow or unable to react with what is happening in front of him.

The tactic today seemed to be let burnley tire themselves out........!
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #511: Dec 26, 2014 06:25:13 pm
      Couldn't watch or follow the game today so have read through the match thread from about page four on to get a feel for how it went. General gist was they were pretty sh*te! No Klein here was happy except for a ten second spell after the goal and we were very lucky. Not surge if it's worth tuning into game of the day later!

Had to win with most of the sides above us doing the business and now were in the dizzy heights of 9th!
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #512: Dec 26, 2014 06:29:52 pm
      The tactic today seemed to be let burnley tire themselves out........!
      That just about sums it up and the 2 best players on the pitch were on the losing side ,Ings and Boyd .

Redangel

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #513: Dec 26, 2014 06:52:12 pm
      Great to get 3 points, but the performance really leaves a lot to be desired. Brendan still has a lot of work to do, he needs a really good window, we just cannot afford any more duffs.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Re: Live: Burnley V Liverpool
      Reply #514: Dec 26, 2014 06:52:35 pm
      My ratings:

Jones: Was injured so couldn't kick it or dive for any shots apparently. That said, having watched the full 90 minutes I fully understand why we took a risk on him. 3/10.

Sakho: I thought he was our best player and MOM, defended well and did little wrong. 7/10

Skrtel: Dodgy at first but got better. Along with the rest of the defenders deserves a pat on the back as they were swamped by Burnley yet kept a clean sheet. 6/10.

Toure: Plays as well as you can expect a squad filler freebie. 5/10.

Markovic: Poor on the day, never got into it. 4/10.

Henderson: Ran around a lot, achieved little. 4/10.

Lucas: Saved us a goal by sticking his leg out, stuck to his task. 5/10.

Gerrard: Poor on the day, did though hit a couple of lovely passes. 5/10.

Lallana: Outmuscled and outfought early on, stuck to his task and gradually came into it. 5/10.

Coutinho: Lovely pass for the goal and a couple of trademark dribbles. Looked lightweight though (probably because he is I suppose). 5/10.

Sterling: A little greedy and disinterested at times, but a good finish for the goal. 6/10.

Subs:

Mignolet: A truly staggering performance. In all my years watching football I've never seen anybody do what he did when he conceded the corner. He looks to me like he's got the yips or something, and on the evidence of that appearance he is a complete liability. 0/10.

Can: Thought he did well when he came on. If he can actually play centre half (and it looks like he is able to) then he ought to play in front of Kolo IMHO. 6/10.

Lambert: We played far better when he came on, and that's his job. 6/10.

Overall performance: Really really poor. Very fortunate to get the win. 3/10.

Lucas was head and shoulders above Gerrard, wrong rating there mick.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #515: Dec 26, 2014 07:18:32 pm
      Work today so missed the game, at least we got the three points though. M.O.T.D. it is then.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #516: Dec 26, 2014 07:19:05 pm
      Brendan still has a lot of work to do, he needs a really good window, we just cannot afford any more duffs.
      It's a pity he didn't do some business last January , We might have won the title .

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #517: Dec 26, 2014 07:25:03 pm
      It's a pity he didn't do some business last January , We might have won the title .

I don't know about that mate. We went 15-1-3 from Jan. 1 until the end of the season last year. We dropped too many points in fixtures 1 to 19.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #518: Dec 26, 2014 07:27:39 pm
      Two wins off west ham in fifth, mad F***ing league this is.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #519: Dec 26, 2014 07:30:10 pm
      I don't know about that mate. We went 15-1-3 from Jan. 1 until the end of the season last year. We dropped too many points in fixtures 1 to 19.
      i did say might , we'll never know now will we ?

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #520: Dec 26, 2014 07:50:21 pm

You mean like signing Konoplyanka?  Yep it was definitely Brendan's fault we missed out on that signing!!!
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #521: Dec 26, 2014 07:50:42 pm

Nosebleed territory this season, I'm not a cynic really, at least we could shorten the gap this season in particular. I thought our near champions from last season would flourish even without Suarez and well Sturridge?
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #522: Dec 26, 2014 07:56:01 pm
      This game; we we got 3 points, it was horrendous to watch. Certain players did great things but that's just it... we don't play like a team, as someone said before it seems like the dressing room is f'd. I'll find you and plus you dude. not today though.
      Thankfully we got 3 points, but it hasn't gave me any faith to go on because we were a mess until the 2nd half but come on this is Burnley.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,498 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #523: Dec 26, 2014 08:01:02 pm
      If you had told me in mid August that without Sturridge until late January, playing the worst football in decades, with a confidence ravaged first choice keeper who was now second choice keeper yet forced to play because your now second choice keeper who had just become first choice keeper (who was barely if at all better than your once first choice keeper), was injured

And that even with no recognised striker on the pitch yet a £16m striker on the bench who had scored no goals for us in the league, that even though we'd be out of the Champions' League at the first hurdle having won just two games, with our worst league points tally since 1134 AD (or some crap), having scored half the goals we'd scored this time last season, yet conceding more goals than last season, and that being the case even with our £20m defender on the bench unable to get a game because he was so poor in form, and another £16m left back on the bench because his positional play and defending was that bad, that your £20m attacking midfielder was preferred in that position, if you'd have told me all that and yet despite all that - we'd still be only 7 points off Champions' League, I'd have laughed my head off.

And bitten your hand off.

#Believe
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #524: Dec 26, 2014 08:04:36 pm
      10 points off 3rd, 10 points off 3rd from bottom now.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #525: Dec 26, 2014 08:04:53 pm
      If you had told me in mid August that without Sturridge until late January, playing the worst football in decades, with a confidence ravaged first choice keeper who was now second choice keeper yet forced to play because your now second choice keeper who had just become first choice keeper (who was barely if at all better than your once first choice keeper), was injured

And that even with no recognised striker on the pitch yet a £16m striker on the bench who had scored no goals for us in the league, that even though we'd be out of the Champions' League at the first hurdle having won just two games, with our worst league points tally since 1134 AD (or some crap), having scored half the goals we'd scored this time last season, yet conceding more goals than last season, and that being the case even with our £20m defender on the bench unable to get a game because he was so poor in form, and another £16m left back on the bench because his positional play and defending was that bad, that your £20m attacking midfielder was preferred in that position, if you'd have told me all that and yet despite all that - we'd still be only 7 points off Champions' League, I'd have laughed my head off.

#Believe

haha you beautiful believer, cool tho.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #526: Dec 26, 2014 08:08:55 pm
      I'm just pleased for everyone for the result, but I'm sure there are many people on here going wtf, 3 points is 3 points but no one here really thinks yes that's totally boss. It was dodgy to F**k.
      Clean sheet though kids.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #527: Dec 26, 2014 08:09:14 pm

#Believe

Ha ha this!

We win our next two home games then who F***ing knows huh....
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #528: Dec 26, 2014 08:19:27 pm
      Really bored atm, so I thought maybe il try to rate our team performance. This is how I saw it, could be some of you don't agree and I welcome the feedback.

Jones: can't really rate him because he was on the pitch for couple of min. Should have dived to try that shot.

Mig: 5/10 poor performance. Looked shaky the whole game. His clearances and ball distribution was poor.

Toure: 6/10 decent game, did his job. Didn't do anything noteworthy but that's a good thing when it comes to a defender imo.

Skrtel: 6/10 clean sheet. Alright performance. Still could see his lack that f confidence.

Sakho: 7/10 tried to slide tackle a little too much in the start. He doesn't look comfortable with the ball but he somehow manages to pass the our players.  started to think that awkward thingy is just his technique. Solid performance overall

Lazar: 5/10 was pushed off the ball too easily. Hope he picks up for the next game. I feel for the guy tho, he wants to play as attacking player tho but is stuck with a kind of lwb role

Hendo: 5/10 no surprise that he is wasted on the side. The boys runs and runs but lacks the skill and pace to play on the side. Reminds of kuyt under Rafa.

Lucas 6/10 looked slow today but still had a decent game imo. Lost ball here and there but made up for it by getting it back. Would call it a ok performance tho.

Stevie 5/10  I can't get myself to criticise him. Love the player but I see why some are saying that he shouldn't be playing every game.

Cou: 6/10 shouldn't be playing on the right. He looks most dangerous in the middle or the left. He likes to cut in with his right foot to shoot other find a pass. Doesn't work when you are playing on the right. Great assist. Only thing that stopped me from giving him 5

Lallana: 5/10 the boy never gets tired. Wasn't his day. 

Sterling: 6/10. I know he scored the only goal but that doesn't automatically mean that he had a good game. He took the goal well but he is getting too selfish. He had couple of chances where he could have put other players in better postion but he choose to dribble or shoot. Had a woeful first touch most of the time.
      He took the goal well, and is hell of a talent. We sometimes forget how young and raw he actually is. Too much pressure on him atm, and he needs to be rested for his own good.

Can: 7/10 alot of us were saying he should get some time on the pitch and he showed why. He wasn't playing where he prefers to play but looked solid. I don't think put a foot wrong for the whole time he played. I would go as far as saying that I doubt we would have had a clean sheet if he wasn't on the pitch.
      Would love to see him as a cm or dm.

Lambert : 6/10 looked decent. Held the ball few times but lacks the pace. Could clearly see that with all the early starts of his runs.

Like i said, it's only my opinion not I'm not dressing them as fact but I welcome the feedback. It always intrigues me how we all see the same game differently.

Last not least. Three points. F**k yeah :)

Quick Reply