Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Lucas Leiva

Read 9139 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Lucas Leiva
      Reply #69: Jan 12, 2015 05:36:27 pm
      I wouldn't sell him for that amount.
      But I can see why its being considered. With his age this probably the last time we will get an offer for him which is more than we paid. It also seems like we are desperate to pick up cash right now where we can (Assaidi could have easily waited til the summer), implying that we are tight on cash but want to spend on something bigger.

If it were a case of sell Lucas and get a 20mil pound striker rather than a 13mil striker - even I might be tempted.

The price of a player doesn't dictate their quality or their value to a team. Borini cost 10m, Balotelli cost 16m, Suarez cost 22m Carroll cost 35m. All but one of those are poor at their job.

Assaidi may not have waited until the summer, the chances are we may not have even got an offer for him in the summer.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #70: Jan 12, 2015 08:03:16 pm
      I'd rather keep Lucas, and our settled team, and hunt down Champions League football,
      then be penny wise and pound foolish, again.

Spot on.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #71: Jan 12, 2015 08:31:14 pm
      I wouldn't sell him for that amount.

I wouldn't sell him. Period.

Sign me Mascherano as well and I'd say we have competition for a change.

Get rid and we're a different and frankly more vulnerable side.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #72: Jan 12, 2015 09:03:58 pm
      Surely not? It would be bonkers. Balls to the 'financial sense' angle, I'm sick of hearing it. I swear FSG have turned us all into flipping accounts. And the idea of replacing him with a player like Delph (who tbf doesn't look bad) in mid-season doesn't work for me. Delph has played in Paul Lambert's ultra defensive Villa side, he might be physically superior to Lucas but they don't press the ball, they don't play a high line, they don't get after teams. They simply sit back, deny space and play banks of 4/5. It would take him time to get up to speed at LFC. Lucas is doing a great job at the moment.

It would be sheer folly to let the lad go regardless of the price or the fact hew  as surplus to requirements 3 months ago.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #73: Jan 12, 2015 09:30:53 pm
      Don't see that the benefit outweighs the cost, and a big part of the potential cost for me is anything that might unsteady us just as we've begun to turn things around. In different circumstances maybe...but not now.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #74: Jan 13, 2015 10:20:19 am
      This cant be true. Makes no sense to sell him now let alone loan him. Beaten once in 13 games and that's the one he didn't play. He is possibly out most important player in this system.

Border line negligence if this is true.

Don't care who the replacement is,  you do not replace this position mid season.

Better be media sh*te
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 764 
      Reply #75: Jan 13, 2015 11:13:43 pm
      Madness to sell a key midfield player, who has finally established himself into the side, after such an indifferent start, to my mind.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #76: Jan 14, 2015 12:03:32 am
      can't see any real legs in this anyway?? the express?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #77: Jan 14, 2015 12:19:24 am
      can't see any real legs in this anyway?? the express?

Don't know which paper, but if you'd ordered this for Xmas

you'd get less bullshit.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #78: Jan 14, 2015 02:49:21 am
      I wouldn't sell him. Period.

Get rid and we're a different and frankly more vulnerable side.

Well you'd probably sell him for a billion pounds, which really means we are on the same page - just trying to determine what his true value is.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #79: Jan 14, 2015 01:40:32 pm
      No way this is happening.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #80: Jan 16, 2015 01:06:14 am
      Lucas was pretty dour following his injury lay off. This season he has gradually got up to the level he was pre injury. Showing some of his best form at the moment, and consistently. We would be fools to let him go, especially with the options we will be left with. Another backwards step for me that one. Total madness.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #81: Jan 16, 2015 07:21:24 am
      He's not going anywhere until the summer at least, when his contract will be reviewed which makes sense.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lucas-staying-anfield-brendan-rodgers-8456513
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #82: Jan 16, 2015 07:22:18 pm

Competition? what competition? Masch would own that position and make it his own!! :D

He's not going anywhere until the summer at least, when his contract will be reviewed which makes sense.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lucas-staying-anfield-brendan-rodgers-8456513

This is good to know.

Rossiter will be 19 in a couple of seasons time, so maybe having Lucas staying to mentor Rossiter would be a good idea. Lucas and Can fighting for the defensive midfield role and Rossiter as 3rd choice isn't actually so bad, is it?

I would give Lucas a new 4-5 year contract tbh, but if we don't and do sell, please... buy Schneiderlin or someone far superior!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #83: Jan 16, 2015 07:31:40 pm
      Yann M'Vila was someone always touted regularly on the forum, looks like he will be released by Inter.

I assume because he has not cut the mustard.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #84: Jan 16, 2015 07:35:28 pm
      Yann M'Vila was someone always touted regularly on the forum, looks like he will be released by Inter.

I assume because he has not cut the mustard.

I rated him highly and thought he was gonna become one of the best defensive midfielders around. I really don't know whats happened to him, do you?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #85: Jan 16, 2015 07:39:54 pm
      I rated him highly and thought he was gonna become one of the best defensive midfielders around. I really don't know whats happened to him, do you?

No mate I know he went to Rubin Kazan and then pretty quickly was loaned out to Inter and I sort of lost interest.

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #86: Jan 22, 2015 04:44:30 pm
      If this is true I just hope that LFC officials tell these inter officials, who came to london to talk about Lucas , That they spent thier flight money in vain and send them back to milan immediately
       we have to JUST KEEP LUCAS HERE , we have been much much better with him in the team  and hope that BR don't keep him out to accomodate Allen when he is fit
      http://www.sportsfan.com.au/inter,-liverpool-hold-talks-over-leiva/tabid/91/newsid/152357/default.aspx
      YNWA
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 994 posts | 68 
      Reply #87: Jan 22, 2015 10:07:39 pm
      He's one of my favourite players so I am biased when I say that they would be completely out of their minds to sell Lucas and instead they should be giving him a long contract extension .
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #88: Jan 23, 2015 02:48:56 pm
      can we not make jo Allen wear a blond wig and sell him to inter

Quick Reply