Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jeremy Menez (AC Milan)

Read 8331 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Jeremy Menez (AC Milan)
      Reply #23: Jul 15, 2015 10:36:13 pm
      there is no upside here only frustration and eventual failure.

Sounds more appealing doing it for £10m than £32m :D

Seriously though, we bought Suarez from a substandard league and as he was a 'Clever' and 'Versatile' player, he seamlessly fitted into our side/system, not saying Menez would do the same, but the way he plays football compared to Benteke, I'd Hazard a guess his transition would be easier.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #24: Jul 15, 2015 10:38:07 pm
      Anyway its all by the by as I'm sticking to my initial Gut Feeling/Thought.

Got a feeling this is to counter the leaks coming out from Villa about United, a who blinks first PR campaign.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #25: Jul 15, 2015 10:38:57 pm
      Menez is greedy and doesn't understand the meaning of teamwork from what I have seen, he never passes the ball and thinks he's Messi!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #26: Jul 15, 2015 10:41:33 pm
      I thought the reason most were against getting Bacca was because players coming to the PL for the 1st time later in their careers never do well?  Or is this different because he's not expensive?

Just get the player Brendan wants ffs.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #27: Jul 15, 2015 10:43:37 pm
      Don't worry, I believe I have a 0% record when it comes to starting transfer target threads. Sorry I didn't do the Benteke one ;D
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #28: Jul 15, 2015 10:44:58 pm
      Seriously though, we bought Suarez from a substandard league and as he was a 'Clever' and 'Versatile' player,

I know Daz but come on...Luis was 23 and had just finished scoring 81 goals in 110 appearances...surely there is a difference with somebody that is going to be 29  at the end of the next campaign and has amassed a record of 68 goals in 381 appearances.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #29: Jul 15, 2015 10:46:20 pm
      Sub standard player struggling in a sub standard team which still carries hype because of the clubs rep. No thanks.

I didn't know we were talking about Liverpool players. :f_whistle:

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #30: Jul 15, 2015 10:53:28 pm
      Pretty sure we have a Menez transfer rumour every year.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31: Jul 15, 2015 10:55:08 pm
      I know Daz but come on...Luis was 23 and had just finished scoring 81 goals in 110 appearances...surely there is a difference with somebody that is going to be 29  at the end of the next campaign and has amassed a record of 68 goals in 381 appearances.

Still gives him a couple of years at the top level, minimal lay out, not a big risk whilst we wait for Ings, Origi to settle in or alternatively find better.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #32: Jul 15, 2015 11:09:58 pm
      I didn't know we were talking about Liverpool players. :f_whistle:

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #33: Jul 16, 2015 10:48:36 am
      your basically comparing one of the best strikers in the worlds goalscoring record to a winger,  who has probably played as an attacking midfielder as much as a out and out striker.  Do you expect Nathan Clyne to score as much as Suarez too.  :roll: I myself wouldn't pay much for an aging forward.  I'd have Suarez back on a free after his Barcelona contract is up though, he'll be 32 then and probably won't cost a much.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #34: Jul 16, 2015 10:57:41 am
      Pretty sure we have a Menez transfer rumour every year.
      I have seen Tello and Lavezzi every transfer window.  Not so much Menez, maybe you are thinking about when we were linked with Gomez? and I don't mean Joe Gomez.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #35: Jul 16, 2015 02:31:15 pm
      FanBoy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #36: Jul 16, 2015 03:06:21 pm
      Quality on FIFA 14.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #37: Jul 16, 2015 06:04:10 pm
      Menez is not a goal scorer he had one good season in Seria A that is all before that he was very inconsistent. He isn't a proper striker anyway more a winger/forward, we need a proper striker. Benteke every day of the week over Menez.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #38: Jul 17, 2015 05:51:29 am
      It would be interesting how Milan would (as an Italian club ) react If we go for a loan deal with an option to buy.....And maybe they pay a part of his wages too :lmao:

With Benteke’s deal close, Liverpool now eye exciting winger (Menez)
        http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,47926.30.html

YNWA
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #39: Jul 17, 2015 05:33:02 pm
      He is a very good player: he can dribble, can score and has experience.
      At the reported price, he might be a bargain.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #40: Jul 18, 2015 01:13:05 pm
      I've not followed Menez at Milan, but considering how he was used at PSG, Roma and French team, he may be labelled an attacking midfielder with best position being right* wing and secundary one behind the striker(s). At most he may be called a "forward", he's clearly not a "striker" (or he'd be rated a very average one, having scored less than one goal every 5 games in his carreer) and was especially not used as one at PSG where he was 90% of the time on right wing. (edit : <- late reaction to opening article, see it was already sorted out)

Out of that, I rather like the player who has impressive technique and tend to panic defenders with unexpected movements will the ball, but his work rate without / tendancy not to track back may be a problem in PL, if he hasn't changed since his PSG years. While he showed in some important games he has the ability to involve himself in pressing or defensive tasks, he has/had some annoying tendancy to be lazy and just wait for the ball to return to his area when less motivated.

(* there were some tries to use him on the left, but iirc he was very unefficient there)

Quick Reply