Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Penalty-gate

Read 19668 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Penalty-gate
      Reply #161: Feb 20, 2015 10:12:56 pm
      utter sh*te. imagine him trying it on with Gerrard, or any past Captain he saw an opportunity and took advantage i wouldnt play him again.

That you wonder why two players who have been head and shoulders above the goon this season were annoyed shows more than the initial question.

The only thing wrong with it is that hendo didnt deck him and the rest join in and then he got booed off on the stretcher, that would of been the perfect ending.

If Gerrard was on the pitch he'd have taken the penalty,
      and he's the only one that I'd have take the penalty ahead of Balotelli.

Yes there was a bit of handbags. It was a high pressure moment in a high pressure game.
      In order of preference.
      Gerrard
      Balotelli
      Everyone else.

Henderson was given penalty kick status because neither Gerrard or Balotelli started the match.
      As soon as Balotelli comes on nobody else should be taking that penalty.
      The same way that if it was Gerrard coming on nobody else should be taking it.

The rest of your dribbling is a disgrace.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #162: Feb 20, 2015 10:17:10 pm
      So Brendan has kind of proven Gerrard was talking out of his arse then?

I'm not a fan of players who are still playing being in the studio for our games just like I hate the way Brendan is on the likesof TalkSport so often.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #163: Feb 21, 2015 12:14:55 am
      The only thing wrong with it is that hendo didnt deck him and the rest join in and then he got booed off on the stretcher, that would of been the perfect ending.

You no like Mario, why no like?.

redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #164: Feb 21, 2015 01:52:08 am
      Looking a the footage again, i'm not 100% sure that Hendo really wants to take it. 

I may be wrong but have a look at the body language.  I'm not entirely convinced that Hendo really wanted to take that penalty kick.  Cometh the hour cometh the man.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #165: Feb 21, 2015 12:42:17 pm
      Rule should be, you follow the manager off the pitch and the captain on it, that he didn't regardless of whether he scored or not shows he is not a Liverpool player.

Or perhaps he suspected that Henderson, under pressure from the situation, was likely to balloon the pen over the bar, so took the situation under control, knowing his own ability in such situations.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #166: Feb 21, 2015 12:45:18 pm
      If Gerrard was on the pitch he'd have taken the penalty,
      and he's the only one that I'd have take the penalty ahead of Balotelli.

Yes there was a bit of handbags. It was a high pressure moment in a high pressure game.
      In order of preference.
      Gerrard
      Balotelli
      Everyone else.

Henderson was given penalty kick status because neither Gerrard or Balotelli started the match.
      As soon as Balotelli comes on nobody else should be taking that penalty.
      The same way that if it was Gerrard coming on nobody else should be taking it.

The rest of your dribbling is a disgrace.

I couldn't find the exact words myself, but the above is just how it is. Spot on, top analysis.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #167: Feb 21, 2015 12:49:02 pm
      And when you get back to your primary school, report to your teacher for a detention for being so childish and disrespectfull.   :ernie:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #168: Feb 21, 2015 12:57:40 pm
      do not underestimate how one pr**k can mess with a dressing room, forum reason other top clubs got rid of this goon, even though hes not a regular starter you can see why. Hes broken as a team player.

Fixed for you ;D

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #169: Feb 21, 2015 01:19:03 pm

What a w**ker!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #170: Feb 21, 2015 01:24:51 pm
      Surprise we're still talking about this.

Hendo would have been the default option or would designate the taker if neither Mario or Stevie were on the pitch.

Stevie made comments that he shouldn't have but he has one foot out the door already so we can't really argue too much about it. Other than that there's nothing to talk about. Back to business against Southampton tomorrow.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #171: Feb 21, 2015 05:12:38 pm

F**k off w**ker ! I bet you're jerking off to pictures of Joey Barton !
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #172: Feb 21, 2015 05:59:26 pm
      Methinks our Stevie had his 'mercenary, looking for a pundit's job on the telly' head on at the time.

So you really just called Steven Gerrard of all people,in any context,a "mercenary"?And are you implying he took a swipe at a Liverpool player,created unrest at the club to get points toward a job on tv?

Mate,you´ve had over 25.000 posts on this forum.You´re a senior,act like it.F***ing embarrassing...
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #173: Feb 21, 2015 06:12:00 pm
      So you really just called Steven Gerrard of all people,in any context,a "mercenary"?And are you implying he took a swipe at a Liverpool player,created unrest at the club to get points toward a job on tv?

Mate,you´ve had over 25.000 posts on this forum.You´re a senior,act like it.F***ing embarrassing...

Imagine the shitstorm if i said that, 25.000 posts and he comes up with this kind of sh*t, i too said that he should have kept his mouth shut and don't pick on Balotelli, but calling him in any context a mercenary is just stupid.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #174: Feb 21, 2015 06:27:22 pm
      Still can't make out what was what with that. Not sure why Hendo was arguing considering Rodgers has said that Mario was the designated taker once he was on. Was Hendo unclear on the instructions?

Sturridge came out of it the worst for me as there was no need for him to get involved and I don't like the fact he didn't celebrate. I'm over it though.

As everybody has said the the correct penalty taker took it and scored.

I'll admit I was very surprised when watching Stevie after the game but he was speaking honestly but unfortunately a bit too honestly and to the wrong audience. By doing that he's give some of his staunchest haters an excuse to stick the boot in again. Shame a lot of them are connected, in more ways than one, to this forum.

He shouldn't have said what he said but unless it was something that he had previous on, or continued to do, then I and others should be able to put it down as being something that he probably regrets instead of slating him. Like him or loathe him he is well in credit.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #175: Feb 21, 2015 06:30:21 pm
      F**k off w**ker ! I bet you're jerking off to pictures of Joey Barton !

You still up at this time kid  :roll:
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #176: Feb 21, 2015 06:39:58 pm
      Stevie needs to shut his mouth, he's talking like an ex-player already.

You didnt get a response by slagging our captain off so you choose to abuse a forum member time for you to take a few deep breaths lad.
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #177: Feb 21, 2015 06:49:36 pm
      The fact that we,along with everyone else,are making a fuss out of this shows you the disruptive nature of this disrespectful pr**k.The fact he scored it is so beside the point.He completely disregarded the Captain´s authority,and that is simply unacceptable.He has a proven penalty record,ok.Ask for the ball,if the Captain says no,F**k off.What Sturridge did and what Steven said were not the best way to go about things,but I see where they are coming from.

Daniel was trying to get Jordan some balls and make his armband be respected,and Steven just said it as it is.None would have happened if this blackest of sheep weren´t on the pitch or in this club in the first place.All this embarrassing mess in return for a "great run" of 3 games which include 1 no-brainer tap-in and 1 penalty.Pathetic.

For the sake of this club´s reputation,integrity and respect we must get rid of this rotten apple.To think that Steven Gerrard will leave in the summer and he of all people might stay makes me shudder.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #178: Feb 21, 2015 06:51:29 pm

In the context of touting/advertising for a pundit's job, which incidentally has F**k all to do with LFC, watching the game in that capacity demands some shall we say outspoken opinion, probably moreso than if SG was outside Anfield talking to any Liverpool supporter.
      He would be taking on an adopted persona in order to impress whoever needs impressing to hopefully gain employment.
      Literal definition of mercenary, nothing disrespectful in the word at all used in that sense.
      ISIS recruits are somewhat different.   
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #179: Feb 21, 2015 06:54:11 pm

By the way lad it is you who are F***ing embarrassing.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #180: Feb 21, 2015 06:56:17 pm
      Now if we had a penalty committee (just like the transfer committee) sitting  on the side line these problems would not arise. :f_tongueincheek:
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #181: Feb 21, 2015 07:53:47 pm
      This is EXACTLY what I'm saying...  A media wooden spoon and now....

Stevies now a mercenary,
      Balo is not a "Liverpool player",
      Hendo has no balls and thinks he's Gerrard
      And, Sturridge is a trouble causer.................. ........................

NOT, that 3 very competitive driven lads had a tiny 20 second debate..????
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,548 posts | 726 
      Reply #182: Feb 21, 2015 08:15:59 pm
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMPJo0tP_to#ws

Look at those unhappy faces! the dressing room is clearly divided! Damn that Balotelli! hes a cancer to the team!

*Sarcasm*
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #183: Feb 21, 2015 09:45:20 pm
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMPJo0tP_to#ws

Look at those unhappy faces! the dressing room is clearly divided! Damn that Balotelli! hes a cancer to the team!

*Sarcasm*

Who's the lad at 1:43 ? That's a great save ! Is that Ibe ?  :))

Quick Reply