Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Is Colin Pascoe a good enough assistant or do we need a new one.

Read 32319 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Is Colin Pascoe a good enough assistant or do we need a new one.
      Reply #184: Apr 16, 2015 09:09:40 pm

It does actually, it makes his post factually incorrect.

Yeah because healthy debate is what you're after for sure, such as in that ridiculous post trying to make things personal with me and accusing me of judging players based on Football Manager?

Because you have and you do. Or should I believe you spend 150 hours per day watching Italian, Spanish, League 1, League 2, Champions League, Bundesliga football? Behave Diego, it was aimed as a joke because you give out your opinion all the time based upon that game, surely asking for it on this occasion couldn't have caused such offence, unless of course it hit a nerve?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #185: Apr 16, 2015 09:12:46 pm
      Luke, tell us what you see here....

Colin Pascoe and Brendan Rodgers discuss "stuff"
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #186: Apr 16, 2015 09:14:05 pm

Already seen that one mate, good case for the defence imo, about time someone posted it.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #187: Apr 16, 2015 09:14:16 pm

The FA Cup with a pair of glasses on it right behind Pascoe?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #188: Apr 16, 2015 09:15:30 pm
      Because you have and you do. Or should I believe you spend 150 hours per day watching Italian, Spanish, League 1, League 2, Champions League, Bundesliga football? Behave Diego, it was aimed as a joke because you give out your opinion all the time based upon that game, surely asking for it on this occasion couldn't have caused such offence, unless of course it hit a nerve?

You're being ridiculous Luke. And for someone so worried about being "factually correct", that's quite an accusation here - based on what again? I work with sports and hope to build a career in that field, so yeah, I watch a lot of it. But I always make clear when I've watched players on a regular basis or just on occasions, and have never made judgements of players on leagues I don't watch such as L1 or L2, so you're just talking out of your arse with no "factual" basis :roll:

I had far more respect for you than that... talk about wanting "healthy debate" and not just arguments. But you go on judging assistant managers based on a nod of the head and thinking you're adding much healthy debate here.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #189: Apr 16, 2015 09:19:33 pm
      The FA Cup with a pair of glasses on it right behind Pascoe?

Hehehe
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #190: Apr 16, 2015 09:19:50 pm
      You're being ridiculous Luke. And for someone so worried about being "factually correct", that's quite an accusation here - based on what again? I work with sports and hope to build a career in that field, so yeah, I watch a lot of it. But I always make clear when I've watched players on a regular basis or just on occasions, and have never made judgements of players on leagues I don't watch such as L1 or L2, so you're just talking out of your arse with no "factual" basis :roll:

I had far more respect for you than that... talk about wanting "healthy debate" and not just arguments. But you go on judging assistant managers based on a nod of the head and thinking you're adding much healthy debate here.

Got to agree here sorry Luke, and you know I've got time for you mate. Diego does mention FIFA players but never tries to honestly use FIFA as a comparison to the actual player.

I read you all time the Luke but in this thread I'm sorry but you do seem to be making a bit of a daft argument and clinging on to it with your finger nails. Not having a pop just my opinion. You're well entitled to yours too obviously.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #191: Apr 16, 2015 09:20:21 pm
      Already seen that one mate, good case for the defence imo, about time someone posted it.

I'm not sure who the defense is anymore? What side am I on? ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #192: Apr 16, 2015 09:26:04 pm

I'm not adding, I'm responding Diego. My opinion is said many times and keeps getting asked to be re-iterated. There's not much healthy debate in this thread I'll give you that! I expect it to be locked very soon in fact.

I don't have the inclination or patience to go through your posts in the transfer threads, they're there for all to see.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #193: Apr 16, 2015 09:28:11 pm
      Got to agree here sorry Luke, and you know I've got time for you mate. Diego does mention FIFA players but never tries to honestly use FIFA as a comparison to the actual player.

I read you all time the Luke but in this thread I'm sorry but you do seem to be making a bit of a daft argument and clinging on to it with your finger nails. Not having a pop just my opinion. You're well entitled to yours too obviously.

That's all it is WAHS, an opinion, right or wrong but it's still the one I hold, as for Diego, did I say he posted his FM recommendations as 100% sure they'll succeed, no, I said he's made observations based upon a football game, so am I not allowed to make them with my own eyes?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #194: Apr 16, 2015 09:30:01 pm
      That's all it is WAHS, an opinion, right or wrong but it's still the one I hold, as for Diego, did I say he posted his FM recommendations as 100% sure they'll succeed, no, I said he's made observations based upon a football game, so am I not allowed to make them with my own eyes?

No, your eyes are bad, it's been proven already in other matchday threads ;D
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #195: Apr 16, 2015 09:30:02 pm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #196: Apr 16, 2015 09:31:32 pm
      No, your eyes are bad, it's been proven already in other matchday threads ;D

I've had laser eye surgery, they're much better than they used to be!

As for being proven wrong, I've no problem with being wrong from time to time, we all are, I'm happy with being right most of the time though.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #197: Apr 16, 2015 09:34:10 pm
      I said he's made observations based upon a football game

Observations? You said I "make judgements on players based on playing a computer game". Saying "X player is good on FM15" is making an observation, which is quite different to actually judging the said player in real life because of Football Manager.

Saying "Pascoe nods the head all the time to Brendan" is an observation. Saying "he's a guy that is batting way above his station, he's landed a job at the top table by luck more than substance" is passing judgement - which, again, is a quite different thing.

If you're gonna act like that Luke, at least don't run away.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #198: Apr 16, 2015 09:35:50 pm
      I've had laser eye surgery, they're much better than they used to be!

As for being proven wrong, I've no problem with being wrong from time to time, we all are, I'm happy with being right most of the time though.

My condolences....because as most of you know, I'm never wrong.  :P
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #199: Apr 16, 2015 09:39:53 pm
      Observations? You said I "make judgements on players based on playing a computer game". Saying "X player is good on FM15" is making an observation, which is quite different to actually judging the said player in real life because of Football Manager.

Saying "Pascoe nods the head all the time to Brendan" is an observation. Saying "he's a guy that is batting way above his station, he's landed a job at the top table by luck more than substance" is passing judgement - which, again, is a quite different thing.

If you're gonna act like that Luke, at least don't run away.

It's my opinion, based on observations, that Pascoe is a yes-man, was at the start of the thread, still is. I'm happy to call that a judgement.

How about your 'observations' about your FM players? You don't want those to be judgements though, I see, they're just observations, ok.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #200: Apr 16, 2015 09:41:11 pm
      The only "observation" about Pascoe that I can make is that the man isn't scared of the cold.

That leads to my judgement that he is a bit of a loon, because any man in his right mind should dislike the cold.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #201: Apr 16, 2015 09:46:22 pm
      How about your 'observations' about your FM players? You don't want those to be judgements though, I see, they're just observations, ok.

Don't pretend you don't understand the difference between saying "X player is good on FM" and actually saying he's good. The first is an observation I often make, as a curiosity if anything else. When I actually judge a player, it's because I know him and have watched him - and it's often players who are not even good on the game, because FM does not come into question then.

But you go on believing whatever you want... just don't accuse me of things like that, talking out of your arse, because I take offence. I wouldn't if it was from some forum idiot but I held you at higher esteem than that. Not arsed anymore.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,947 posts | 5007 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #202: Apr 16, 2015 09:46:26 pm
      Alright, stop shouting Billy lad ;)

Apologies for mine mate but after 6 months of watching somebody dig away at people I finally snapped.

Soz.

Everyone has a breaking point WAHS, that's fairy muff, I'm not exactly innocent myself, some of the sh*t I've posted admittedly has been downright embarrassing to myself, and perhaps others too, however, no matter how much you disagree with someone it doesn't excuse the amount of personal insults posted recently,
      I'm guilty in the past of being over exuberant and perhaps calling a spade a spade, and quite rightly been banned, but I can't say I've ever resorted to the kind of insults I've unfortunately read in recent times,

We are all supposed to belong to the same brethren and stick together no matter what, I haven't seen much of this at all if I'm honest in the last few weeks,

What a shame such a class forum as this one has been reduced to the kind most of us would laugh at if it were from one of our rivals, pot, kettle & black, immediately springs to mind.

No need to apologise to me mate, perhaps you could offer that to a other poster as a olive branch, it doesn't matter whether you believe you should or not, the point being you offer, and for me that takes a lot more courage than chucking a few insults around.

YNWA
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #203: Apr 16, 2015 09:49:51 pm

The difference is he knows that a player being good on FM doesn't mean they are good in real life. He is essentially posting someone else's opinion (the creators of FM in this case) and saying that they think the player is good. It isn't a judgement on his behalf - he is observing someone else's judgement.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,262 posts | 4934 
      Reply #204: Apr 16, 2015 10:19:21 pm
      The only "observation" about Pascoe that I can make is that the man isn't scared of the cold.

:lmao:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #205: Apr 16, 2015 10:48:05 pm
      Don't pretend you don't understand the difference between saying "X player is good on FM" and actually saying he's good.

Ah really, ok now you tell us, I'll note that next time you say it then.

When I actually judge a player, it's because I know him and have watched him - and it's often players who are not even good on the game, because FM does not come into question then.

You mean when you've judged them with your own eyes, performing their role, then you're fine to make a judgement, got it! (wait I've read that somewhere before)

But you go on believing whatever you want... just don't accuse me of things like that, talking out of your arse, because I take offence.

Ah didn't think you would offend quite so easily Diego, never had you down for someone so precious. See I didn't take offence when you said it was ridiculous, nonsensical and embarrassing, but then a judgement is clearly more offensive than any of those :lmao:

I wouldn't if it was from some forum idiot but I held you at higher esteem than that. Not arsed anymore.

Feeling is mutual.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #206: Apr 16, 2015 11:13:36 pm
      You mean when you've judged them with your own eyes, performing their role, then you're fine to make a judgement, got it! (wait I've read that somewhere before)

I'm sure you're not so daft to suggest that a player's performance and an assistant manager's performance can be assessed in the same level by watching games on tv - clutching at straws again.

Ah didn't think you would offend quite so easily Diego, never had you down for someone so precious. See I didn't take offence when you said it was ridiculous, nonsensical and embarrassing, but then a judgement is clearly more offensive than any of those

I said your opinion was ridiculous, nonsensical and embarrassing - yes, I did all of that and would do it again.

You, on the other hand, has accused me of being a liar. That, in my view, is far more serious.

But...

So I'm no longer bothered.

Quick Reply