Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The Manager Merry Go Round Tread: [Edited title to encompass all.]

Read 47808 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Manager Merry Go Round: Klopp, Rafa, Ancelotti, Allardyce
      Reply #230: May 31, 2015 11:24:00 am
      Reading some of the posts above, I'd have to admit that I can't remember a Liverpool team be quite so wasteful around the oppositions box.
      Can't even put the blame on Balotelli or Rickie Lambert, because: we never gave them games, time to gel, build up momentum or Feel part of the team.
      There has been no delivery for anyone, can't even play simple passes when it counts, scrappy loose balls as a final product. Having Sterling as a lone striker, if someone told me that last season I would dread it, it'd be a nightmare scenario for me. Because his ego has always rubbed me up the wrong way, I knew his ego would balloon and he'd be the greediest spoilt brat to ever grace the pitch for us.
      Not the right thread but thought I'd offer my thoughts on the topical subject of the moment in this thread.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #231: May 31, 2015 11:34:34 am

maybe send him a DVD of the Palace or Stoke games or if your feeling mean the FA Cup semi final against Villa

The apt words hear is "As a whole" I am not saying every game was thus, I am saying most games were.... Even clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona have below par game..... If you are saying that "as a Whole" our season has been poor then I would have to agree with your assessment
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #232: May 31, 2015 11:35:55 am
      Raheem would have probably been nursing a bruised face all season if Klopp had been our manager this season.

Doubt he'd have had the constant ring piece licking he's had off Brendan all season anyway.

EDIT: Brendan should have shunned the kid like has done with Borini and Balotelli.

But he took the opposite route and massaged the lads ego all season then give him a token dropping in the last game of the season.

Well said. For someone who's supposedly a great man manager, he's shown a real lack of understanding towards most of HIS signings.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #233: May 31, 2015 11:49:46 am
      Pointless and irrelevant drivel simply to give the manc cu*ts or as you would have it Man Utd, some kudos.

This Is me.... I like to put myself in other people shoes, to look at both points of a engagement , have a open mind about things, I will pay attention to the news and what a read in New Papers,or on debate shows but in the end I make my own judgement on things.... I can be convinced or change my opinion about the discussion "IF" someone can put forward a cogent argument as to why I am wrong...

We are Debating here are we not?... Was not "Son Of A Gun" doing the same thing on this site when he asked                     

Serious question skip - and for all those who want the manager sacked.

Would you sack Brendan with Klopp and Ancelotti unavailable? Or hold out under such a scenario?

I do not agree with you about It being pointless, when it simulates debate
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #234: May 31, 2015 11:55:53 am
      Been on this forum some time and it's got to be said the above ranks as one of the best examples of complete horseshit I have had the misfortune to contemplate.
      Do us all a service and get back to that w*nk utd forum.
      As I have said I can see other people point of view..... I my not agree with them but I respect thier rights to have differing views from me...I never feel threatened by other peoples view points so I never insult others for having them.... Just Thought I would put that out there ;)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #235: May 31, 2015 12:27:17 pm
      Raheem would have probably been nursing a bruised face all season if Klopp had been our manager this season.

Doubt he'd have had the constant ring piece licking he's had off Brendan all season anyway.

EDIT: Brendan should have shunned the kid like has done with Borini and Balotelli.

But he took the opposite route and massaged the lads ego all season then give him a token dropping in the last game of the season.

it is the foul stench that is at the very core of the club now. Players should want to be here and then demonstrate that they can be worthy of the shirt. Who wouldnt support a player who gave his all and how many now fit that category.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #236: May 31, 2015 12:43:53 pm
      it is the foul stench that is at the very core of the club now. Players should want to be here and then demonstrate that they can be worthy of the shirt. Who wouldnt support a player who gave his all and how many now fit that category.

Exactly mate, and on the flip side the manager should be strong enough to punish rather than praise an under performer.

We've got nobody now who will fight to the end, probably the only one we do have is flanno.

EDIT: You wouldn't even mind if they were average players and gave their all... Kind of like Cissokho was, you could see the lad was massively out of his depth but he tried his heart out.

Also I think a big part of yhis problem is simply down to man management.

Like playing well and getting dragged off while an under performing player stays on, or playing well ala Madrid then getting dropped completely.

I know you should be playing out your skin regardless but it must slowly eat away at you to the point that you couldn't be arsed any more.

I've had similar situations in my jobs where I've quit because of poor management. You get to a point where you think F**k this.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #237: May 31, 2015 12:46:28 pm
      Exactly mate, and on the flip side the manager should be strong enough to punish rather than praise an under performer.

We've got nobody now who will fight to the end, probably the only one we do have is flanno.

I dont remember Rafa publicly praising or chastising a player publicly it was all about the team. Brendan enjoys the media spotlight.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #238: May 31, 2015 12:50:48 pm

Yup true, I still believe Rafa was 2 players short of getting his hand on the holy grail. He worked under similar contraints, bargain buys. 
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #239: May 31, 2015 12:52:46 pm
      I dont remember Rafa publicly praising or chastising a player publicly it was all about the team. Brendan enjoys the media spotlight.

He can hammer the whole team publicly but not individuals which clearly shows his lack of experience and favoritism.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #240: May 31, 2015 12:55:43 pm

Nope, I remember hearing stevie say that rafa was pretty emotionless and you were lucky to get a pat on the back... And even then he'd be pulling certain minutes up from the match and telling you you should have done things better.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #241: May 31, 2015 01:08:44 pm
      He can hammer the whole team publicly but not individuals which clearly shows his lack of experience and favoritism.
      Mourinho did it much worse to Hazard, sometimes it can be the kick up the ass a player needs! Not the way I'd do it, but Hazzard hasn't looked back  since.
      This nit picking of the managers supposed faults is unnecessary, I don't remember much criticism of his man management last season when, I've never in all years my years as a Red , seen such team.spirit!
      It seems people are going looking for any stick they can use to beat the manager with, when all you have to do is highlight tactics and results to get your point across.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #242: May 31, 2015 01:26:20 pm
      Mourinho did it much worse to Hazard, sometimes it can be the kick up the ass a player needs! Not the way I'd do it, but Hazzard hasn't looked back  since.
      This nit picking of the managers supposed faults is unnecessary, I don't remember much criticism of his man management last season when, I've never in all years my years as a Red , seen such team.spirit!
      It seems people are going looking for any stick they can use to beat the manager with, when all you have to do is highlight tactics and results to get your point across.

What Mourinho did, he has superstars in the whole squad and he could feck anyone player off as there'll be another equally good or better player to step in.

No need to nit pick here, last season there's no need to criticize the players as Suarez has done the bulk of the work for BR, I was wrong to deny that but there're many intelligent and knowledgeable posters here that could see that, so everything is well and dandy. We're looking at the past and the season just ended it's there for everyone to see and judge.

Not trying to discredit the manager, playing players out of position, tactics that do not work and strange tactics and expects the players to perform, not forgetting players performing well got dropped next game and he comes out and blasted the players, so it's still reflected in the results, whichever way we put it. he may have lost the dressing room big time by now. Ok, may I'll say it in another way, nit picking on BR is a result of his failed man management and tactics.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015 01:37:37 pm by redkop63 »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4588 
      Reply #243: May 31, 2015 02:00:29 pm
      Nope, I remember hearing stevie say that rafa was pretty emotionless and you were lucky to get a pat on the back... And even then he'd be pulling certain minutes up from the match and telling you you should have done things better.

& that's the sort of direction our players lack, at times I've felt Rodgers praise the skipper too much to keep the skipper onside & lambast players like Balotelli undeservedly.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #244: May 31, 2015 02:06:36 pm
      Rafa has been confirmed accidentally as Real's new manager so we can exclude him at least until christmas.
      So it Ancelotti or Klopp if infact we are going to change managers
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,518 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #245: May 31, 2015 02:41:43 pm
      footballitalia ‏@footballitalia 5h5 hours ago

Jürgen Klopp will be Coach of #Napoli after Rafa Benitez goes to #RealMadrid , claims Franz Beckenbauer
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #246: May 31, 2015 03:03:02 pm
      footballitalia ‏@footballitalia 5h5 hours ago

Jürgen Klopp will be Coach of #Napoli after Rafa Benitez goes to #RealMadrid , claims Franz Beckenbauer

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #247: May 31, 2015 04:42:34 pm
      To say there was no nit picking of Brendans management last season when it was all going well is somewhat missing the point. I seem to recall plenty of comments about his lack of ability to coach a team to defend a decent lead or just take a draw. Ultimately these failings probably cost us the league last season.

However the sign of a good manager is how you cope when things are not going well and I think that is where things go pear shaped for him. The inability to change formation to suit the opposition or take account of available players, playing his 'favourites' rather than in form players, no plan B, strange team selections, strange substitutions both in timing and personnel have ultimately led to the position where we are now.

We cannot blame the loss of Suarez or indeed the injury to Sturridge for the stare of things this season.

Brendan was well aware that Suarez would be
      leaving even before last season had ended and despite filling out the squad over last summer to say that we could not cope with the loss of one player is quite frankly laughable.

I was on the fence with Brendan but the lack of passion on the field pretty much since the Man U game and ultimately the horror show at Stoke has made me think that he does not have the ability to turn things around when all is not well.

Some will argue that we had a good patch in the middle of the season and the results speak for themselves.  However closer analysis would suggest luck had its fair share of those results as we had a lot if good luck rather than bad on that run with some scrappy wins and lucky draws.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,335 posts | 6386 
      Reply #248: May 31, 2015 08:35:33 pm
      There is no such thing as luck.

Luck is a word used to describe a situation that is seemingly unexainable.

It's stupid to say that our good stretches are due to luck and our bad stretches are down to Brendan. That totally takes the players and their performance out of the equation.

And no, no one knew Suarez was leaving before the season was even over, revisionist history that is.

Brendan has a lot to answer for, but mystical things "luck" aren't included.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #249: May 31, 2015 08:44:22 pm

And no, no one knew Suarez was leaving before the season was even over, revisionist history that is.

Really? It was clear as day from the previous summer he would be on his way, his new contract was just to sort out the buy out clause.

Anyone who couldn't see he was going to be on his way is incredibly naive and I would have expected the club to have been planning for his departure, which they all failed to do.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #250: May 31, 2015 08:46:25 pm
      Really? It was clear as day from the previous summer he would be on his way, his new contract was just to sort out the buy out clause.

Anyone who couldn't see he was going to be on his way is incredibly naive and I would have expected the club to have been planning for his departure, which they all failed to do.

Of course

He only signed the deal to ensure he was off for certain
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,335 posts | 6386 
      Reply #251: May 31, 2015 08:47:53 pm

Nah, no one thought he was leaving, most people figured he'd stay since we made CL. Hell, a lot of folks thought he was staying even after he bit the Italian. 

Like I said, revisionist history by those that wish to push an agenda.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #252: May 31, 2015 08:56:02 pm
      Nah, no one thought he was leaving, most people figured he'd stay since we made CL. Hell, a lot of folks thought he was staying even after he bit the Italian. 

Like I said, revisionist history by those that wish to push an agenda.

Maybe in your eyes, but no one could turn around and say they were surprised when he was off.

On my phone at the moment so can't check and confirm, but I'm fairly sure there was a few articles knocking around before the season finished that Barca were coming for him.

Quick Reply