Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

The Manager Merry Go Round Tread: [Edited title to encompass all.]

Read 47849 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Re: Manager Merry Go Round: Klopp, Rafa, Ancelotti, Allardyce
      Reply #161: May 28, 2015 05:50:53 pm
      Why the f**k would they come out and say anything straight after a match when they are going to review the entire season?
      It wasn't "disrespect" last year when we waited for the review reports, so why is it this year?

You're talking pure sh*te fella.
      The other day you insisted the club had to hold f**king "crisis" meetings, a middle management bullshit phrase if ever there was one.

What you're doing is making a mountain out of a f**king molehill, and no matter how you try and dress it up as "disrespect", the only person disrespecting anything is you and others calling a loss a f**king crisis, and trying to peddle a scheduled meeting as something it isn't, and never was about.
      They will look at the entire season, and work from there, not take a leaf from this place and start histrionics about a single f**king result.

If FSG had come out straight after the match, people would say they were jumping the gun and needed to sort things out.
      Now that they haven't, it's "disrespect" to the fans.

What the f**k happened to The Liverpool Way where we do these things behind closed doors and then make an announcement?
      Well, I'll tell you what happened: F***ing sly sports and their bullshit rolling news that people sit glued to, wanting to know everything about a situation as soon as it happens.

I'm more than comfortable with them taking their time.
      It's a far better option than rushing a decision.

I SAID under THIS scenario if Rodgers is staying - and that was what is coming out the media and seems the most realistic and what I believe will happen - why not just tell us, and then say they'll do the review? Just for clarification. I would think that the course of the season would determine where they stand on Rodgers, as opposed to one f**king review. The speculation is appropriate because they haven't said an official word about Rodgers. I cannot understand why you are getting your knickers in a twist about this.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #162: May 28, 2015 05:52:46 pm
      I do like this one.

But he won't come here.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #163: May 28, 2015 06:05:16 pm
      I SAID under THIS scenario if Rodgers is staying - and that was what is coming out the media and seems the most realistic and what I believe will happen - why not just tell us, and then say they'll do the review? Just for clarification. I would think that the course of the season would determine where they stand on Rodgers, as opposed to one f**king review. The speculation is appropriate because they haven't said an official word about Rodgers. I cannot understand why you are getting your knickers in a twist about this.

You've said a lot about this, most of it bollocks.
      A couple of days ago you wanted a big F***ing crisis meeting.

You need to understand this: there is a process in place that will decide the future of the manager, and FSG will not budge from that because it has been scheduled for months. The managers review will also depend on what the manager says in the review, so how the F**k can they say "he's safe" or "he's gone" when in all probability it hasn't been fully decided yet.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #164: May 28, 2015 06:21:38 pm
      You've said a lot about this, most of it bollocks.
      A couple of days ago you wanted a big f**king crisis meeting.

You need to understand this: there is a process in place that will decide the future of the manager, and FSG will not budge from that because it has been scheduled for months. The managers review will also depend on what the manager says in the review, so how the f**k can they say "he's safe" or "he's gone" when in all probability it hasn't been fully decided yet.

Why the hell do they need to do a review and listen to Rodgers has to say when they SHOULD be talking over the course of a season? It's needless, and it suggests to me complete negligence from FSG towards all football matters.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #165: May 28, 2015 06:39:33 pm
      Why the hell do they need to do a review and listen to Rodgers has to say when they SHOULD be talking over the course of a season? It's needless, and it suggests to me complete negligence from FSG towards all football matters.

Saves a lot of dosh in knee replacement surgery as it limits excessive jerking.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #166: May 28, 2015 06:41:17 pm
      If you all want Jürgen, Klopp your hands.....
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #167: May 28, 2015 06:45:11 pm

Why?
      Because that's the way they want it.
      It's like the performance reviews people have at work.
      It's an opportunity to analyse and discuss issues, find out what works, what doesn't and to see if the manager has a plan to move forwards and overcome any problems, and also if that plan will work.
      It's a tried and tested formula, and it exists because it works.

It's a much, much better system that the F***ing crisis meetings you're so beloved of, which you see as so very necessary, and yet you have an issue with a review system used all over the world in many different arena's and businesses.

And NOW, you want Rodgers dragged away from his coaching anytime there is a problem to sit around chatting with his line manager about how to fix it.
      Well fixing on field problems is part of the managers job, and will also be part of his performance review.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #168: May 28, 2015 06:52:41 pm
      Why?
      Because that's the way they want it.
      It's like the performance reviews people have at work.
      It's an opportunity to analyse and discuss issues, find out what works, what doesn't and to see if the manager has a plan to move forwards and overcome any problems, and also if that plan will work.
      It's a tried and tested formula, and it exists because it works.

It's a much, much better system that the f**king crisis meetings you're so beloved of, which you see as so very necessary, and yet you have an issue with a review system used all over the world in many different arena's and businesses.

And NOW, you want Rodgers dragged away from his coaching anytime there is a problem to sit around chatting with his line manager about how to fix it.
      Well fixing on field problems is part of the managers job, and will also be part of his performance review.

Leading People & Organization 101
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #169: May 28, 2015 06:57:07 pm

And the part which some are not able to grasp is that once you have set a review date, you stick to that date.
      F***ing around juggling dates and leaking info does nobody any favours.

BR knows it's coming, and I'm sure he has a dossier on where things went wrong ;)

It's hardly rocket science ;D
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #170: May 28, 2015 07:29:03 pm
      And the part which some are not able to grasp is that once you have set a review date, you stick to that date.
      F***ing around juggling dates and leaking info does nobody any favours.

BR knows it's coming, and I'm sure he has a dossier on where things went wrong ;)

It's hardly rocket science ;D

I'm pretty sure at this stage we just need to be patient and wait until the owners have concluded their reviews. I know it's nerve wrecking to wait as we haven't heard anything, but I'm sure we will know the details once the review is over.

patience is required
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #171: May 28, 2015 07:36:06 pm
      I'm pretty sure at this stage we just need to be patient and wait until the owners have concluded their reviews. I know it's nerve wrecking to wait as we haven't heard anything, but I'm sure we will know the details once the review is over.

patience is required

Mike Gordon is conducting the review, presumably at Anfield as he spends a lot of time there, then no doubt he will have a chinwag with JWH, and we'll go from there.

All perfectly normal, no panic and the same as happens every year under FSG.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #172: May 28, 2015 07:51:27 pm
      Saves a lot of dosh in knee replacement surgery as it limits excessive jerking.

Nothing to do with knee jerk reactions, I just think an organisation like FSG should be taking a more hands on approach with football matters and get involved more thoroughly, at least they might learn something about the sport then.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #173: May 28, 2015 08:00:42 pm
      Rafa quits Napoli. Pretty sure its for Real. Theres one that can be chalked off the "possible" list in the coming weeks.

Probably for the better. Should never go back.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #174: May 28, 2015 08:05:17 pm
      Rafa quits Napoli. Pretty sure its for Real.

Yes it's for real, you're not mistaken.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32911775

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,520 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #175: May 28, 2015 08:07:34 pm
      Rafa quits Napoli. Pretty sure its for Real. Theres one that can be chalked off the "possible" list in the coming weeks.

Probably for the better. Should never go back.
      Unless you're Chelsea
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #176: May 28, 2015 08:40:07 pm

Haha I actually didnt mean mine.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #177: May 28, 2015 08:40:36 pm

And can throw ridonculous amounts of cash at the man
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #178: May 28, 2015 08:45:40 pm

i read it in razzle
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #179: May 28, 2015 09:03:39 pm
      If this report about Klopp has any truth in it, then this whole discussion is pointless. Klopp is the best option we got, since Rafa is going to Real Madrid. Just settle this soon and we're good.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #180: May 28, 2015 09:27:07 pm
      ''I like heavy metal more''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwuBfaNm53I

:action-smiley-035:
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #181: May 28, 2015 09:35:58 pm
      Call me a cynic, but if FSG hired Klopp, they would mainly have him because they think he can increase exposure of the club.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #182: May 28, 2015 09:37:45 pm
      Call me a cynic, but if FSG hired Klopp, they would mainly have him because they think he can increase exposure of the club.

As long as Klopp bring in the goods and the trophies then I wouldn't really  care what the owners want to do.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 6390 
      Reply #183: May 28, 2015 09:42:42 pm

Haha, that's pretty good.

Too bad he'd probably be bored back to Germany with the rest home that Anfield can be at times ;)

Quick Reply