Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will the Redmen win their first home game of the season?

Yes - easy 3 points
      71 (92.2%)
      Draw - points dropped
      3 (3.9%)
      Lose - surely not !
      3 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Pre Match: Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth Mon 17th August 20:00 KO

Read 24336 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth Mon 17th August 20:00 KO
      Reply #138: Aug 16, 2015 10:05:35 pm
      At this early stage of the season I will be happy with the win, even though I do fancy us to get a few goals.  I think Benteke will run riot and get at least 2 goals, with maybe Lallana and Milner getting the others. Think we will score 4 or 5 against these .... just hope they don't score 6 :D   
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #139: Aug 16, 2015 10:48:41 pm
      I really hope Anfield is rocking tomorrow. Let's make it f**king seismic this season! Put the fear in the opponents, put the adrenaline in our boys. Come on redmen!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #140: Aug 16, 2015 11:17:36 pm
      Will be at Anfield for this super pumped and excited will take any win!

Come on you reds!!!
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #141: Aug 16, 2015 11:47:46 pm
      Would love to see a lineup of:

Mignolet
      Clyne Lovren Sakho Moreno
      Can
      Hendo Milner
      Firmino                Couts
      Benteke

Really want to see the Lovren-Sakho pairing. Also would like to see Moreno given a shot. Tough to drop anyone from last week's backline, but I think this is a good match to test the waters of what I personally feel has the *potential* to be our best backline.

Also though Lallana and Ibe struggled to get anything going last week, and personally think that Firmino and Can would have a lot more to offer the side both technically and tactically with the different formation that can release Milner and Hendo into creative positions consistently. Would love to see Lallana or Ibe come in toward the end of the match, Lallana in a central position slotted behind the striker or Ibe on the wing, depending on the flow of the match and our setup.

That's just what I hope for, but being said I wouldn't be mad if I saw the same exact lineup as last week. I think we've got some pretty solid strength in depth. More than anything that I hope to see is an Anfield that is loud and rocking and ready to become an absolute fortress for the whole season.

Let's get it.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #142: Aug 17, 2015 12:32:44 am
      Good?

He wasn't "good". He just wasn't his usual crap self.

One non-sh*te performance from Lovren and you're laying in to our best defender the past 3 seasons claiming he should be dropped. How's that for destroying someone's confidence?

And Lovren wouldn't have even played if Sakho was available.

No, Sakho is our best defender, Skrtel isn't even close and was as f**king dire as Lovren last season. And I think you are letting your prejudice against Lovren get in the way of what was a much better performance than Skrtel.

If you can't praise our players for playing well, don't criticise them when they play badly.

How you cannot see that is baffling - if you are watching performances through your own prejudice then thank god you don't choose the team!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #143: Aug 17, 2015 01:19:19 am
      No, Sakho is our best defender, Skrtel isn't even close and was as f**king dire as Lovren last season. And I think you are letting your prejudice against Lovren get in the way of what was a much better performance than Skrtel.

If you can't praise our players for playing well, don't criticise them when they play badly.

How you cannot see that is baffling - if you are watching performances through your own prejudice then thank god you don't choose the team!

Ay, likewise.

Doesn't want to destroy someone's confidence and then says we should drop the only person in our defence who has performed for the past 5 years or so.

Lovren can't even put 5 games together without being a wreck. That's not being prejudice, its a clear as day, pinch you in the ass, open your eyes, facht. That's why he was dropped so quickly last season.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #144: Aug 17, 2015 02:28:52 am
      Ay, likewise.

Doesn't want to destroy someone's confidence and then says we should drop the only person in our defence who has performed for the past 5 years or so.

Lovren can't even put 5 games together without being a wreck. That's not being prejudice, its a clear as day, pinch you in the ass, open your eyes, facht. That's why he was dropped so quickly last season.

A good majority of our players couldn't put 5 games together without being a wreck last season. You wouldn't judge Stevie's abilities by his performances last year, would you? Take a look at Lovren prior to last season and tell me he's "crap".

Not picking any sort of an argument, but I'd just like to see Lovren given a consistent chance in this team - especially if we can get a proper DM to actually guard our back four. Think he'd surprise quite a few on here if he can just keep his head and hold on to that confidence this season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #145: Aug 17, 2015 03:04:09 am
      A good majority of our players couldn't put 5 games together without being a wreck last season. You wouldn't judge Stevie's abilities by his performances last year, would you? Take a look at Lovren prior to last season and tell me he's "crap".

Not picking any sort of an argument, but I'd just like to see Lovren given a consistent chance in this team - especially if we can get a proper DM to actually guard our back four. Think he'd surprise quite a few on here if he can just keep his head and hold on to that confidence this season.

Thankfully we have the past 8 or so years to judge Skrtel and not last season alone.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #146: Aug 17, 2015 03:36:11 am
      Ay, likewise.

Skrtel has never been one of our 'greatest' defenders. He benefited from having the more supreme talents of Agger and Carra with him. In the best of times, he was second billing to their 'star man' status. More like the Watson to their Sherlock Holmes, or Robin to their Batman. And now he's been given the 'lead role' for the last few years, and the results aren't that impressive - lets be honest, a spin off from Batman focusing just on Robin would be utter sh*t. And so it has proved. He sure has put in some excellent performances the last few years, but last year was woeful and lets not get ahead of ourselves to think he is one of Liverpool's greatest ever defenders.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #147: Aug 17, 2015 06:44:44 am
      Another win and a clean sheet for the Reds tonight. Think the same starting eleven that played against Stoke, should be the line up, anyway hopeful for a win with Benteke on the score sheet.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #148: Aug 17, 2015 07:13:09 am
      Would like to see Markovic at least on the bench.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #149: Aug 17, 2015 08:59:10 am
      Have a wee sneaky Firmino is gonna get an hr at least tonight, and possibly Can starting as well. Been soem chat about those 2 starting.

Mignolet
      Clyne Skrtel Lovren Gomez
      Can Hendo Milner
      Firmino  Coutinho
      Benteke
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #150: Aug 17, 2015 09:19:03 am
      Have a wee sneaky Firmino is gonna get an hr at least tonight, and possibly Can starting as well. Been soem chat about those 2 starting.

Mignolet
      Can Hendo Milner
      Firmino  Coutinho
      Benteke
      Would love to see Firmino start.
      Guess theres no place for Markovic this season.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #151: Aug 17, 2015 10:51:39 am
      Would love to see Firmino start.
      Guess theres no place for Markovic this season.

Brendan has said Marko & Moreno are not 1st choice, but will get games, just need to take thier chance when it comes.

Once league cup, FA cup and Europa Cup starts these guys will get plenty games.

Only 1 game a week just now, so wont be many changes to teams.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #152: Aug 17, 2015 11:16:51 am
      Tonight is a big game for me. Away to Stoke was never going to be a true test of the quality of our acquisition and new look line up. Games like tonight, where we should be dispatching newly promoted teams with relative ease at home are a good etst of quality. The real test is of course against the big teams, but beating teams on the other end with ease breeds confidence and momentum.

Really looking forward to it.

Ps: who voted for us to lose tonight? This is where democracy falls down imo, negative people should be allowed to have opinions :)
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #153: Aug 17, 2015 11:32:12 am

Mignolet
      Can Hendo Milner
      Firmino  Coutinho
      Benteke

Yea, that looks tasty, solid yet with a front three that we expect a lot from.
      I didn't realise Firmino scored 3 in a closed door friendly during the week - reckon few lads are right, we might see him start.
      Regardless, looking forward to the first home game of the season. Hope the crowd make themselves heard ...
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #154: Aug 17, 2015 11:44:16 am
      Brendan has said Marko & Moreno are not 1st choice, but will get games, just need to take thier chance when it comes.

Once league cup, FA cup and Europa Cup starts these guys will get plenty games.

Only 1 game a week just now, so wont be many changes to teams.
      They better use that chance if they get it,i would love to see Markec in the first team.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #155: Aug 17, 2015 11:47:42 am
      Im not sure if its a false feeling from within, but I reckon we're gonna give a good perormance tonight and win 3-0.

Benteke to get off the mark too...

Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #156: Aug 17, 2015 11:52:16 am
      Im not sure if its a false feeling from within, but I reckon we're gonna give a good perormance tonight and win 3-0.

Benteke to get off the mark too...
      Me too got the same result in my head.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #157: Aug 17, 2015 12:23:32 pm
      Yea, that looks tasty, solid yet with a front three that we expect a lot from.
      I didn't realise Firmino scored 3 in a closed door friendly during the week - reckon few lads are right, we might see him start.
      Regardless, looking forward to the first home game of the season. Hope the crowd make themselves heard ...

crowd must be up for it, evening kick off, 1st game of season, Will be bouncing.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #158: Aug 17, 2015 12:24:19 pm
      They better use that chance if they get it,i would love to see Markec in the first team.

agreed, Interesting season for quite a few players, league cup is a big comp for a lot of them.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #159: Aug 17, 2015 01:19:08 pm
      Right boys and girls. I'm off to the holy shrine that is Anfield, home of Liverpool Football Club and hopefully a very nice three points, which would put us right up there and in the mix nice and early  :kop5cf8koxp6:

Enjoy the game everyone...come on you mighty REDS !!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #160: Aug 17, 2015 01:20:19 pm
      Right boys and girls. I'm off to the holy shrine that is Anfield, home of Liverpool Football Club and hopefully a very nice three points, which would put us right up there and in the mix nice and early  :kop5cf8koxp6:

Enjoy the game everyone...come on you mighty REDS !!

Have a great time Cas and stay safe hun  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Quick Reply