Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.7%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      35 (25.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      6 (4.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      8 (5.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.2%)
      James Milner
      5 (3.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      19 (13.7%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      57 (41%)
      Emre Can
      1 (0.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 135

Voting closed: Aug 22, 2015 10:01:46 pm

Liverpool 1-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match debate

Read 47448 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #690: Aug 17, 2015 10:39:06 pm

AND Simon Mignolet has kept more clean sheets in 2015 than any other Premier League goalkeeper.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #691: Aug 17, 2015 10:39:14 pm
      I was exagerrating, i did watch him when Hoffenheim played some important games, and that was my opinion of him. Didn't watch every Hoffenheim game of course.

So this post was just basically your typical bullshit then right?

I've watched alot of Bundesliga and i followed Firmino closely. He doesn't track back, he is a flair player, you can't ask him to defend because he hasn't done it so far in his career. Hoffenheim was a team notorious for their attacking play, but also because they didn't know how to defend.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #692: Aug 17, 2015 10:39:56 pm
      What makes me angry is the fact that if i sayed that Firmino needs more of a freerole and he shouldn't be restricted in his overall play, everyone assumed i have something against him, that i don't rate him or something like that, when it completely the opposite and i really think he will be a very good player for us, if he'll be used where he plays close to his full potential.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,054 posts | 342 
      Reply #693: Aug 17, 2015 10:40:37 pm

F***ing hell. Get a grip. United/Chelsea win games that they perform sh*t in all the time and when they manage to do so it ends up with them challenging for the tittle. So let's not act like getting 3 points while playing bad is the end of the world.

Exactly, at this stage this is what matters.  Only two things disappointed me tonight, though. 
      1) We were so slow to counter attack in numbers and at pace when we had the chance to do it (Moreno excepted). 
      2) The crowd need to be our 12th man - its in our DNA, but it just isn't happening for well- discussed reasons.  All I could hear for 90% of the game was the Bournemouth fans (fair play to you, you did your club proud).  This is ANFIELD for FS!!!

Anyway, I've had enough reading about how much George does or doesn't know about frigging Darmstadt so I'm off to bed.  Gnight YOU REDS!!
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #694: Aug 17, 2015 10:42:07 pm
      So this post was just basically your typical bullshit then right?

No, that was my opinion from watching him play, it proved to be a wrong one, because the facts say otherwise and i was wrong, i'm not a f**king bellend and not accept when i'm in the wrong. I really enjoyed watching Hoffenheim play because they played an exciting style of football, but also were very naively in defence, usually in their games there were goals galore.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #695: Aug 17, 2015 10:42:54 pm
      What makes me angry is the fact that if i sayed that Firmino needs more of a freerole and he shouldn't be restricted in his overall play, everyone assumed i have something against him, that i don't rate him or something like that, when it completely the opposite and i really think he will be a very good player for us, if he'll be used where he plays close to his full potential.

I couldn't agree more. I actually think he could very well become our star player ahead of Coutinho.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #696: Aug 17, 2015 10:43:51 pm

Every player needs to press and track back whether you're Benteke, Cou, Firmino... whoever.

No one gets a free pass to stroll around up front just because you're a "flair player".
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #697: Aug 17, 2015 10:44:42 pm
      Sh*t performance and very lucky with an offside goal not being disallowed but I don't care. Could not give a Monkey's Uncle. 3 points in the bag is the only thing I care about. We beat another bread and butter team today and we do that a further thirteen times this season and we win the league. Honestly, I think some people are only happy when they're moaning.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #698: Aug 17, 2015 10:44:50 pm
      What makes me angry is the fact that if i sayed that Firmino needs more of a freerole and he shouldn't be restricted in his overall play, everyone assumed i have something against him,

It would help if your other posts were not either flat out lies or total unmitigated bullshit....your credibility is about the size of an amoeba's asshole; so even if you do make a valid point it is lost in the cesspool.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #699: Aug 17, 2015 10:45:00 pm
      I couldn't agree more. I actually think he could very well become our star player ahead of Coutinho.

Well in that case we can't ever start Cou and Firmino together.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #700: Aug 17, 2015 10:45:44 pm
      No, that was my opinion from watching him play, it proved to be a wrong one, because the facts say otherwise and i was wrong, i'm not a f**king bellend and not accept when i'm in the wrong. I really enjoyed watching Hoffenheim play because they played an exciting style of football, but also were very naively in defence, usually in their games there were goals galore.

15 minutes ago you were having a go at Brendan for signing him. F***ing hell, you know no shame.

You and federer are a match made in hell - how you are yet to be banned is beyond me. A couple of wind up merchant arseholes.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #701: Aug 17, 2015 10:46:42 pm
      Wow, didn't know it was that good!! It's better than Sanchez last season and Suarez 13/14 season :o

Yeah very impressive, really do hope when he's fully fit (surely that's all that's keeping him from starting right now) we switch to a 4-3-3 then we can see the benefits he brings to the side at both ends.

With the current set up and selection we only really have two genuine goal threats plus set-pieces, that's not really enough hence why we're scraping the wins. With him in the side it will be 3, I'm hoping he'll really prove to be that link between the two sections of our formation because right now if it isn't Coutinho or a lump up to Benteke it isn't anyone.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #702: Aug 17, 2015 10:47:36 pm
      Goes to show sometimes what a player is doing out there does not show up in the stats...yeah the midfield seem to crumble when he came off...Lallana stepped in though and actually look much better playing deeper.
      I don't understand why he took him off , a strange decision . I'm not a fan of hendo and have been critical of him in the past but he is just about doing the job and we need him there as far as i can see . Rodgers handed him the armband and to substitute him so early into the season is a strange decision .

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #703: Aug 17, 2015 10:48:17 pm
      Every player needs to press and track back whether you're Benteke, Cou, Firmino... whoever.

No one gets a free pass to stroll around up front just because you're a "flair player".

Thing is, part of his natural game is tracking back. So whether he gets a "free role" or not, we'll still see him tracking back :) By free role, I think George means he gets to drift around in attacking areas, something I agree with but he needs to be higher up and supporting Benteke rather than deeper like Coutinho.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #704: Aug 17, 2015 10:48:20 pm
      I don't understand why he took him off , a strange decision . I'm not a fan of hendo and have been critical of him in the past but he is just about doing the job and we need him there as far as i can see . Rodgers handed him the armband and to substitute him so early into the season is a strange decision .

Commentators said he had an ankle knock.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #705: Aug 17, 2015 10:48:29 pm

Needs to play as our holding midfielder with Hendo and Milner in front.

Then we will have balance in midfield.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #706: Aug 17, 2015 10:48:37 pm
      15 minutes ago you were having a go at Brendan for signing him. F***ing hell, you know no shame.

You and federer are a match made in hell - how you are yet to be banned is beyond me. A couple of wind up merchant arseholes.

Wut ? You're always over the top in your comments and always seem full of rage, be more relaxed, the world won't end tomorrow.

I didn't had a go at Brendan for signing him, you're clearly blind or just refuse to see my posts when we signed him. I was a little bit critical of Brendan because i've read that he was shouting at him to defend, against Bournemouth, in his first Anfield game where he was trying to do something upfront, that's all. Don't need to be so frontal and brutal in your attacks mate.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #707: Aug 17, 2015 10:51:48 pm
      Thing is, part of his natural game is tracking back. So whether he gets a "free role" or not, we'll still see him tracking back :) By free role, I think George means he gets to drift around in attacking areas, something I agree with but he needs to be higher up and supporting Benteke rather than deeper like Coutinho.

No mate George clearly stated that Firmino shouldn't be expected to track back and defend as being a flair player that's not part of his game.

Which is bullshit.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #708: Aug 17, 2015 10:52:11 pm
      Commentators said he had an ankle knock.
      That would explain it then .

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #709: Aug 17, 2015 10:52:38 pm

Give it time lad because before long you'll resort to your typical boring self and prove us all right.

F**k me sideways.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #710: Aug 17, 2015 10:54:52 pm
      Give it time lad because before long you'll resort to your typical boring self and prove us all right.

F**k me sideways.

What's the point, you people always choose to see my dark side (the negative nature), and overlook the posts when i'm praising the manager and hoping he would learn from his mistakes and will manage to do a good job in the end.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #711: Aug 17, 2015 10:55:34 pm
      What's the point, you people always choose to see my dark side (the negative nature), and overlook the posts when i'm praising the manager and hoping he would learn from his mistakes and will manage to do a good job in the end.

Waiting for the dossier of evidence.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #712: Aug 17, 2015 10:56:19 pm

What will you do if i'll quote some of my posts from the past ?

Quick Reply