Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Pre-Match Manchester United vs Liverpool FC 12/09/2015 Kick off 17.30

Read 31149 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Pre-Match Manchester United vs Liverpool FC 12/09/2015 Kick off 17.30
      Reply #207: Sep 11, 2015 04:06:35 pm

Yeah he probably should be in there instead of Ings or Teixeira to be fair butI really want Tex to be getting minutes so I probably shoved him in there out of bias for the young lad.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #208: Sep 11, 2015 05:05:50 pm
      ah ffs. I hate the inbetweeners. ;D

They come in the pub sometimes. I've no idea who they are, but the guys behind the jump get a bit excited.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #209: Sep 11, 2015 05:22:05 pm
      Yeah he probably should be in there instead of Ings or Teixeira to be fair butI really want Tex to be getting minutes so I probably shoved him in there out of bias for the young lad.

See my 11 for the solution Luke.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #210: Sep 11, 2015 05:30:23 pm
      See my 11 for the solution Luke.

Yeah it's one I wouldn't mind seeing Si, probably swap Can for Lucas in your set up but still any change from the stale way we have been approaching games would be welcomed. Also, as I've said, getting Tex in the team would be a massive plus in my opinion.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #211: Sep 11, 2015 05:43:36 pm
      Brendan's motivation for beating Man Utd:

“It’s winning the next game, irrespective of where it is,” the manager told reporters at his pre-match press conference inside Melwood.

“Of course it’s a big game, but once you lose a game and you’ve had two weeks to sit on it, winning the next game is important – no matter where that’s at.

Pretty shocked really. Is that it? 'Beat Utd... because we lost the last game. We need to win.' ???
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #212: Sep 11, 2015 05:55:57 pm
      Yeah it's one I wouldn't mind seeing Si, probably swap Can for Lucas in your set up but still any change from the stale way we have been approaching games would be welcomed. Also, as I've said, getting Tex in the team would be a massive plus in my opinion.

The reason I go for Can is purely to get him playing in what could be his position in the side even if he is rotating with Milner.

Brendan has never been hugely keen on Lucas so if he's moving forward with Can then start him.

I'm not looking forward to a Lucas/Milner two in the middle if I'm honest.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #213: Sep 11, 2015 05:59:54 pm
      I think the predicability in our play and, Arsenal first half apart, the lack of any reall good football has been the biggest negative for me so far this season. It hasn't all been bad as we have ground out results when we previously would have drew or lost games but the one thing I wanted to see this season, and I posted about it in one of the threads was football that made us want to watch this side again.

For me I'd go like this at the weekend:

Mignolet

Clyne    Skrtel    Sakho    Moreno

Can

Milner     Texiera

Firmino

Benteke  Ings

I'd drop Lovren as I think he will struggle to develop into that strong leadre at the back the manager thinks he could be and those silly mistakes just seem to keep coming.

It might seem harsh to drop Gomez out as he has done great but if Moreno is to be our LB then play him and also with a diamond I think we need the full backs to provide the majority of any width and Alberto is more suited to this than Joe.

If Can is to be our DM, or at least the deepest of our midfield players then again just play him and let him develop there. I'd have him there and allow him to drop into the back as the full backs get forward.

Tex is as close to Phil as we have and I'd sit him next to Milner and allow Firmino to play as the 10 and support the front two with Ings playing close to Benteke and feeding off any balls he wins and his natural instincts to play a a striker would give us a bit more up front than we have had so far.

I'd use this game to almost start fresh and play a system that willget more from our squad in an attacking sense than wehave seen so far this season.

I liked Kopiteluke's X1 but with a tweak or two, I hadn't seen your selection Si until I went back a page. And I agree this for me would be ideal against them wankers,
      My X1......
      Migs, Clyne, Gomez, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Milner, Firmino, Ings, Benteke, I thought would be a decent shout but now I've had a re-think I like yours better,

I agree players should be playing in there favoured positions to obtain maximum effort, hence me putting Gomez in at Rcb, Moreno at Lwb, Firmino in the '10' role, after the Whu debacle I thought it's time to give Skrtle a wee rest and remind him what it's like watching from the bench, as for Lovren, like you those same mistakes keep happening, anyhoo,....

I do like your idea of slotting young Tex next to Milner. Not so sure tho of Can instead of Lucas, but again if he's earmarked for that role lets play him there, also, Ings up with Benteke needs to happen. With Sturridge on the periphery we need to be playing with a front two attack,

Don't know about you mate but I can't see Brendan being so bold, he's most likely to revert to his new un-usual cautious approach with the negative overtones chucked in for not so good measure,

Do or die is what I say, hope Brendan says ' Feck it, let's go for it '

YNWA

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #214: Sep 11, 2015 06:01:05 pm
      The reason I go for Can is purely to get him playing in what could be his position in the side even if he is rotating with Milner.

Brendan has never been hugely keen on Lucas so if he's moving forward with Can then start him.

I'm not looking forward to a Lucas/Milner two in the middle if I'm honest.

Not as a two no, but with Teixeira they could balance out quite ok, especially with Firmino ahead of them. The more I look at your formation the more I begin to like it, Milner having the ability and endurance to offer a wide right option to double up with Clyne and Firmino doing the same with Moreno could be a very fluid team.

Unfortunately I think Brendan would force them to be too disciplined in their positioning and not allow the roaming as much. If we did end up playing that fluid formation I believe we could put the Mancs away because their defence is as dodgy or worse than ours. A shame that De Gea will probably be back for this game though.

I liked Kopiteluke's X1 but with a tweak or two, I hadn't seen your selection Si until I went back a page. And I agree this for me would be ideal against them wankers,
      My X1......
      Migs, Clyne, Gomez, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Milner, Firmino, Ings, Benteke, I thought would be a decent shout but now I've had a re-think I like yours better,

I agree players should be playing in there favoured positions to obtain maximum effort, hence me putting Gomez in at Rcb, Moreno at Lwb, Firmino in the '10' role, after the Whu debacle I thought it's time to give Skrtle a wee rest and remind him what it's like watching from the bench, as for Lovren, like you those same mistakes keep happening, anyhoo,....

I do like your idea of slotting young Tex next to Milner. Not so sure tho of Can instead of Lucas, but again if he's earmarked for that role lets play him there, also, Ings up with Benteke needs to happen. With Sturridge on the periphery we need to be playing with a front two attack,

Don't know about you mate but I can't see Brendan being so bold, he's most likely to revert to his new un-usual cautious approach with the negative overtones chucked in for not so good measure,

Do or die is what I say, hope Brendan says ' Feck it, let's go for it '

YNWA

Yeah to be fair to Si I think he's got me edging towards his suggestion now, can see how the pieces fit very nicely, although I must say Can as the sitter is a risk too far in my opinion.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #215: Sep 11, 2015 06:13:44 pm
      Don't know about you mate but I can't see Brendan being so bold

I can't either and I have to say I'm not a big fan of the conservative Brendan although with the pressure he's under I do understand why he's reverted to a more cautious approach.

But even with the caution were still struggling to close out games convincingly so I'd much rather he went out swinging so to speak.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      Reply #216: Sep 11, 2015 06:14:54 pm
      Not as a two no, but with Teixeira they could balance out quite ok, especially with Firmino ahead of them. The more I look at your formation the more I begin to like it, Milner having the ability and endurance to offer a wide right option to double up with Clyne and Firmino doing the same with Moreno could be a very fluid team.

Unfortunately I think Brendan would force them to be too disciplined in their positioning and not allow the roaming as much. If we did end up playing that fluid formation I believe we could put the Mancs away because their defence is as dodgy or worse than ours. A shame that De Gea will probably be back for this game though.

Yeah to be fair to Si I think he's got me edging towards his suggestion now, can see how the pieces fit very nicely, although I must say Can as the sitter is a risk too far in my opinion.

Yep , I like it Luke, that Si fella's a canny lad, clever too by all accounts, shame Brendan won't be so adventurous tho, I think we all know that he's still in survivor mode,
      I wouldn't worry too much about who they play in goal mate, we're still gonna have to put the ball in that onion bag 2 or 3 times, De gea, will feel the pressure and won't want to F**k things up, so,let's pepper the f**ker, he can't save them all, !

YNWA
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #217: Sep 11, 2015 06:17:51 pm

Yep , I like it Luke, that Si fella's a canny lad, clever too by all accounts, shame Brendan won't be so adventurous tho, I think we all know that he's still in survivor mode,
      I wouldn't worry too much about who they play in goal mate, we're still gonna have to put the ball in that onion bag 2 or 3 times, De gea, will feel the pressure and won't want to f**k things up, so,let's pepper the f**ker, he can't save them all, !

YNWA

It's true mate and I've always preferred attack being the best form of defence. Seems nobody has the confidence in Brendan to be so 'adventurous' when really, as you say, it's just playing the players in the positions that suits them best.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      Reply #218: Sep 11, 2015 07:04:32 pm
      It's true mate and I've always preferred attack being the best form of defence. Seems nobody has the confidence in Brendan to be so 'adventurous' when really, as you say, it's just playing the players in the positions that suits them best.

Attack, hasn't that been part of our mantra for all those successful years we had 'Back Then' some say, we were only formed in 1992, and we've been chasing ever since, only those fella's namely Evans, Houllier, Benitez, and some bloke called Dalglish were brave enough to be so bold,

Brendan flirted a season or two ago but, will he be as adventurous ever again in his tenure,

He f***in needs to be ???

YNWA
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #219: Sep 11, 2015 07:09:58 pm
      Best form of attack, to put the ball in the back of the net, more times than the opposition. Starting at OT tomorrow evening.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #220: Sep 11, 2015 08:30:06 pm
      @thisisanfield: Rodgers on Lovren: Now has to show character, I’m sure he’ll do that.

Great looks like the big lump who can't even get into the Croatia team will be in the team again tomorrow!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2829 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #221: Sep 11, 2015 08:42:49 pm
      @thisisanfield: Rodgers on Lovren: Now has to show character, I’m sure he’ll do that.

Great looks like the big lump who can't even get into the Croatia team will be in the team again tomorrow!!

Slight advantage now with utd

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #222: Sep 11, 2015 08:53:36 pm
      Or maybe he will have to show charachter to get back into the team after losing his place to Sakho, could take it either way.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #223: Sep 11, 2015 09:08:14 pm
      Dreading this match. The over exaggeration that will unfold if we lose, will be unbearable.

Heres hoping we can keep the wolves (or sh*t fans) from the doors.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #224: Sep 11, 2015 09:22:42 pm
      Jack Sear retweeted
       Damian ‏@DamianLFCpl  20m20 minutes ago
      Liverpool set to make one enforced change: Mignolet – Clyne, Škrtel, Lovren, Gomez – Milner, Lucas, Emre Can, Firmino – Benteke, Ings

Pretty much as expected, would be nice if we leaked a different team to you know, once in a while not be so damn predictable.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #225: Sep 11, 2015 09:39:27 pm
      Jack Sear retweeted
      Liverpool set to make one enforced change: Mignolet – Clyne, Škrtel, Lovren, Gomez – Milner, Lucas, Emre Can, Firmino – Benteke, Ings

Pretty much as expected, would be nice if we leaked a different team to you know, once in a while not be so damn predictable.

As in the West Ham game every manager will have seen Gomez is useless as an attacking force which makes it overload the other side and stop any potential threat.

There again Rodgers might be hoping for another repeat of the Arsenal first half performance, only problem being Utd don't have Callum Chambers playing for them!

That midfield trio looks so one paced and lacking creativity it's shocking.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #226: Sep 11, 2015 09:41:19 pm
      BRING ON YER MANCHESTER UNITED...........

Let's have them redmen!!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #227: Sep 11, 2015 11:15:42 pm
      Looks like Rooney might be injured for this, not sure if that's a good thing or not (to be fair he does seem to have a knack of scoring against us).
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #228: Sep 11, 2015 11:38:01 pm
      Jack Sear retweeted

Like we said earlier today Luke most of us thought this would be the team and I expect that to be the one that we hear about at 4.30 tomorrow.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #229: Sep 12, 2015 12:17:47 am
      I am a little disappointed that he has been so predictable with his selection, but maybe he will surprise everyone with his formation and tactics. I don't believe he will stick with the defensive tactics and just relying on our defence to hold firm without having something up his sleeve.

I think the first goal will be all important tomorrow (can't see us coming back), get that and confidence and belief may start to flow.   

Quick Reply