Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Whats The Worst Present You Have Received..?

Read 1753 times
      The Anfield Warrior
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,029 posts | 32 
      • RED Blooded since '67
      Whats The Worst Present You Have Received..?
      Oct 31, 2007 01:14:37 pm
      Its my 40th Birthday in a few weeks and I seem to get weird presents from some relatives...

My Grandmother once game me a Goldfish in a Plastic Bag (not sure how it was still alive) I had to go buy him a fishtank, His name was Trevor, she named him
      I also got a 5kg bag of Licorice Bullets, (have never eaten Licorice since)
      5 pairs of 2nd hand socks (my Grandmother again...)
      a Birthday card with $5 ( and some cheap Pizza Vouchers...)
      a tin of Tennis Balls for my 30th birthday (have never played Tennis)

the list goes on....

So Fess up......  what have you gotten, that you wish you didnt...?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Whats The Worst Present You Have Received..?
      Reply #1: Oct 31, 2007 01:17:17 pm
      Once i got a mug with a hole in the bottom of it apparently it was a joke mug! that was terrible
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2: Oct 31, 2007 03:29:37 pm
      A knitted ET jumper from my aunt when i was a kid. It was hideous!!
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #3: Oct 31, 2007 08:26:12 pm
      Once I got a pencil, and only one as well. The worst thing was that it was wrapped in newspaper as well.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #4: Nov 01, 2007 08:47:52 pm
      A disposable razor! Wrapped in a napkin!  8) Such good friends hehe!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #5: Nov 02, 2007 12:36:26 am
      My girlfriend got me a handheld car waxing thing for Christmas - bearing in mind I wash my car about twice a year through the automatic garage car park. 

It was (obviously) never used.  I usually remind her about it once a week.

I confess I may be guilty of purchasing a poor present.  It may have been the same year I bought my gf a recipe book for Cheesecakes.  Best thing is she has actually made a couple of them - result!
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #6: Nov 04, 2007 10:31:29 am
      I have to say, I have got some bad presents over the years, but the worsted i gave. ;D

It was about 3 weeks before Christmas,( a lot of years ago ) and me and my X wife where splitting up.
      I went down Christmas day with presents for my lads, they were made up.
      Said to the X wife, here i have got you a present as well, a smile came on her face.

I got her a cheap shopping Tolley, and said this will help you, because I'm not here to carry the shopping bags.

She was not a happy bunny.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #7: Nov 10, 2007 10:01:36 am
      I have to say, I have got some bad presents over the years, but the worsted I gave. ;D

It was about 3 weeks before Christmas,( a lot of years ago ) and me and my X wife where splitting up.
      I went down Christmas day with presents for my lads, they were made up.
      Said to the X wife, here I have got you a present as well, a smile came on her face.

I got her a cheap shopping Tolley, and said this will help you, because I'm not here to carry the shopping bags.

She was not a happy bunny.
      Haha! thats class mate.
      Worst presents I ever recieved include organic socks (didnt even know you could get them) needless to say they finished off in the bin. When I passed my driving test I recieved a driving manual as a xmas present!
      Bad presents I've given out include, a toothbrush, a box of hankies and a playstation 2 that was broken an I wanted to get rid of (got £50 for it to!)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #8: Nov 10, 2007 04:32:57 pm
      Hm. I've never had anything truly awful that I can think of right now.. A few times I've got things I really wasn't fussed on, I've either given it to someone who would want it, or to a charity shop.

My mum right, I must have about 10-15 cousins, and she bought presents for all of them for their birthdays and Christmas up until they were 18, and one year she got my one cousin Kirsty a pack of pencils that she got her name printed onto (she was only about 10ish at the time so it's quite a good present for then!) .. while me and my sisters got these mugs that were blank and you could colour in this paper and put it in the mug which cost £1 from Hyper Value..
      My mum was not amused, she stopped giving them all presents there and then, now she gives to my 2nd cousins who are like 13 and under, because we used to get 'good' presents off those 2nd cousins grandparents (our aunties and uncles) --- If that makes any sense! :\

That I know of, I've never given anything awful, unless it was a joke and then a proper present was given! :)

Quick Reply