Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Players for the chop now Rodgers has gone?

Read 24231 times
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Re: Players for the chop now Rodgers has gone?
      Reply #161: Oct 14, 2015 07:56:51 pm
      Yes , you are talking bullshit. The fact you actually think any of these players are anything but sh*te, proves your standards are woefully low. At least our new manager is not on the same warped wavelength as you.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #162: Oct 14, 2015 08:08:30 pm
      I think that the likely ones to go are Mignolet, Enrique & Allen.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #163: Oct 14, 2015 09:08:40 pm
      I think that the likely ones to go are Mignolet, Enrique & Allen.

I think that's probably a fair bet, although I am interested to see if Klopp can perhaps make something out of Allen. Doubtful I know, but I think there might just be a footballer in there somewhere. I watched him a few times when he played for Swansea and he did something there that he has never done since he came to Liverpool.... impressed me.

I would probably add Skrtel to the list too.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #164: Oct 14, 2015 11:13:08 pm
      Yes , you are talking bullshit. The fact you actually think any of these players are anything but sh*te, proves your standards are woefully low. At least our new manager is not on the same warped wavelength as you.

Let us all bow down to the great wisdom of the littlefaced one.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #165: Oct 15, 2015 01:07:19 am
      Littleface is a bog stantard football fan who should never have been allowed to wear a liverpool shirt.

Fixed.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #166: Oct 15, 2015 01:10:25 am
      Have to agree with this, Just because you have a good engine, doesn't make you captain material. Henderson rarely if ever, takes command of a game, and doesn't even resemble an imposing figure of a player.
      Think we'll bumble on and there will be a big purchase in Jan, a dynamic, outstanding powerhouse in midfield who will demand massive effort from everyone. Don't know who mind you, but I bet Jürgen does. ;D

If you are insinuating Gerrard as FMS suggests, then I hate to break it to you..... But Gerrard hasn't been that player in years.

Putting a dead body in midfield would offer more mobility than Gerrard did for us in his latter years.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #167: Oct 15, 2015 01:49:03 am
      Mignolet, Allen, Toure, Lucas, Skrytel and Henderson are all bog stantard footballers who should never have been allowed to wear a liverpool shirt. Klopp will see right through these sub -standard players. Some of whom fans on here have given ridiculous praise.

Ibe will get the kick up the arse he needs, he has done nothing at all in a red shirt. Once again receiving false praise on this forum for doing nothing. We finally have a  manager who will not tolerate mediocrity  from bog standard players. Henderson being Liverpool captain is a slap in the face to this great club. It is no longer amateur night at Anfield.

Saying Lucas, Skrtel, and Henderson should've never been allowed to put on a Liverpool shirt is absurdity at it's finest. I would like to extend my congratulations to you on losing any remaining shred of credibility that you had with any rational, legitimate Liverpool FC fans - if there was still any left, which is unlikely.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,658 posts | 488 
      Reply #168: Oct 15, 2015 05:20:49 am
      Mignolet, Allen, Toure, Lucas, Skrytel and Henderson are all bog stantard footballers who should never have been allowed to wear a liverpool shirt. Klopp will see right through these sub -standard players. Some of whom fans on here have given ridiculous praise.

Ibe will get the kick up the arse he needs, he has done nothing at all in a red shirt. Once again receiving false praise on this forum for doing nothing. We finally have a  manager who will not tolerate mediocrity  from bog standard players. Henderson being Liverpool captain is a slap in the face to this great club. It is no longer amateur night at Anfield.
      What did your friend at Anfield told you now ?  :f_whistle:
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #169: Oct 15, 2015 07:04:05 am
      Saying Lucas, Skrtel, and Henderson should've never been allowed to put on a Liverpool shirt is absurdity at it's finest. I would like to extend my congratulations to you on losing any remaining shred of credibility that you had with any rational, legitimate Liverpool FC fans - if there was still any left, which is unlikely.

Legitimate Liverpool FC Fans ? Ha ha. I've got to say , reading some Of the poster's pious interpretation's of what they think makes a football fan on here, always brings a smile to my littleface.
      You keep on chasing your dream of gaining credibility on a football forum.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1629 
      Reply #170: Oct 15, 2015 07:08:20 am
      If you are insinuating Gerrard as FMS suggests, then I hate to break it to you..... But Gerrard hasn't been that player in years.

Putting a dead body in midfield would offer more mobility than Gerrard did for us in his latter years.

Still scored more goals than anyone else though not bad for a dead body eh .
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #171: Oct 15, 2015 10:21:48 am
      What did your friend at Anfield told you now ?  :f_whistle:
      Nothing. He only tells my brother anything when its something big and he's 100 % certain.He doesn't bother with rumours.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #172: Oct 15, 2015 03:31:44 pm

It's his opinion, they do great work for the club and I do admire the three of them but are they really top class? I doubt it.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #173: Oct 15, 2015 03:37:45 pm
      Lucas, Skrytel and Henderson are all bog stantard footballers who should never have been allowed to wear a liverpool shirt

Im all for having opinions but that my friend is utter bollox!!!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #174: Oct 15, 2015 04:01:20 pm
      It's his opinion, they do great work for the club and I do admire the three of them but are they really top class? I doubt it.

They don't have to be top class, they just have to offer something to the squad. You best inform Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea that not all of their players are top class, they'll be devastated :roll:
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #175: Oct 15, 2015 04:17:37 pm
      They don't have to be top class, they just have to offer something to the squad. You best inform Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea that not all of their players are top class, they'll be devastated :roll:

You're right actually, they provide grit/determination and their work isn't always noticed because it's not supposed to be flashy. But, we may see some changes now though over these next few years, well we definitely will but these players may not figure in our plans, Henderson is the most likely to keep his place but who knows, he mightn't.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #176: Oct 15, 2015 04:25:38 pm
      You're right actually, they provide grit/determination and their work isn't always noticed because it's not supposed to be flashy. But, we may see some changes now though over these next few years, well we definitely will but these players may not figure in our plans, Henderson is the most likely to keep his place but who knows, he mightn't.

Henderson is like a bull in a China shop when he's on the pitch which can be seen as both a good and a bad thing. The key thing is though he chases the ball down and puts the opposition under pressure to either utilise it [the ball] or lose it.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #177: Oct 15, 2015 04:36:32 pm
      Henderson is like a bull in a China shop when he's on the pitch which can be seen as both a good and a bad thing. The key thing is though he chases the ball down and puts the opposition under pressure to either utilise it [the ball] or lose it.

Jürgen will like that energy, Henderson is probably going to be one of the managers favourite players I think. But, no one knows yet how he rates anyone. Also he'll coach him to just do a job and not try to do everything. That's what I reckon anyway, interesting times, I can't wait to see our first game under the new manager, even though I've took into account the limited training time and all that.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #178: Oct 15, 2015 04:40:58 pm

I think you are being a bit harsh on Henderson. He has a lot more to his game than just chasing around like a bluearsed fly. He has a decent range of passing and when allowed to get forward can make a few assists. For me his one weakness is his "bottle" in front of goal. Give him no time to think and he has no problem, give him time and space to get off his shot and his head goes.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #179: Oct 15, 2015 04:51:02 pm
      We have missed Hendo greatly since he got injured. Skirtel has been a loyal servant, and suffered from having many different partners.

Lucas is missed when he is not in the team.

All good players for LFC. but not quite upto the standard of say an Alonso or a mascarano. That is perhaps the point being made, which is very unfair cos there are not many in the world upto that standard.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #180: Oct 15, 2015 05:02:14 pm
      I think you are being a bit harsh on Henderson. He has a lot more to his game than just chasing around like a bluearsed fly. He has a decent range of passing and when allowed to get forward can make a few assists. For me his one weakness is his "bottle" in front of goal. Give him no time to think and he has no problem, give him time and space to get off his shot and his head goes.

I never said that's the only thing to his game, I was merely pointing out that Henderson has one of the key things to his game that Klopp likes in his midfielders. I actually like him as a player hence why I've selected him in previous line ups that I'd like to see. I've also said I'd like to see him play the odd game behind the striker and see how he gets on because he could provide a few goal scoring opportunities and it'd also fit in with the "defend from the front" philosophy.

We have missed Hendo greatly since he got injured. Skirtel has been a loyal servant, and suffered from having many different partners.

Lucas is missed when he is not in the team.

All good players for LFC. but not quite upto the standard of say an Alonso or a mascarano. That is perhaps the point being made, which is very unfair cos there are not many in the world upto that standard.

One of the problems I have with Skrtel is he struggles to manage the back line. Half of the time he's pointing to stuff but there's nothing coming out of his mouth so it's hard for players to understand what he's instructing them to do. Another thing - could be either natural instinct or the system - is he defends far too deep, especially on set pieces. It gives the opposition so many goal scoring opportunities. A corner will come in and more often than not he's not marking anybody of any threat, the ball then gets cleared and when we should be charging out Skrtel is still camped out well inside our own box.

I'm hoping that the manager either comes up with a system whereby this isn't a problem or he makes it an area for improvement next summer (keeper also.
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2015 05:15:06 pm by mcarz »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #181: Oct 15, 2015 05:16:03 pm
      All good players for LFC. but not quite up to the standard of say an Alonso or a mascarano. That is perhaps the point being made, which is very unfair cos there are not many in the world up to that standard.

Who in the current team is up to that standard except Coutinho  ?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #182: Oct 15, 2015 05:23:57 pm
      Who in the current team is up to that standard except Coutinho  ?

Sturridge, Sakho, Firmino, Clyne, Henderson at a minimum. Likely others are debateably as well. If not, then what was the use of getting a shiny new manager?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #183: Oct 15, 2015 05:24:09 pm
      I never said that's the only thing to his game, I was merely pointing out that Henderson has one of the key things to his game that Klopp likes in his midfielders. I actually like him as a player hence why I've selected him in previous line ups that I'd like to see. I've also said I'd like to see him play the odd game behind the striker and see how he gets on because he could provide a few goal scoring opportunities and it'd also fit in with the "defend from the front" philosophy.

Fair enough mate. I mistook your "bull in a china shop" analogy for meaning that's all you thought he had to his game.

Quick Reply