Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528897 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #4600: Feb 11, 2016 10:00:59 pm
      Good post and I agree fully.

There are some bad hypocrites on here.

:nod:
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #4601: Feb 12, 2016 10:21:12 am
      The reason for your confusion is that we aren't worse, the results may be about the same but if we had a clinical striker we'd be winning most of our games. Some of you guys need to go back and watch some of the games from the end of last season and beginning of this one, we were bloody dreadful, not even creating chances, let alone scoring, with the players just trotting along, not putting in the effort etc etc. We are far far better now, we just need someone to start scoring goals and with Couts and Studge back hopefully we will. Then in the summer we can bring in some more quality and then who knows how far we can go.

What have you been watching recently? The Newcastle, Watford and West Ham performances were as bad as I've ever seen a Liverpool side perform. Certainly no worse than a Brendan Rodgers side. So take off those rose tinted glasses and stop chatting bull. We all love Jürgen but don't blatantly lie about how we've been performing because it pisses the people off who want to have a genuine discussion about it.

Anyway, my thoughts on Jürgen is that I think we did the right thing bringing him in when we did. There were strong rumours that Mourinho and Van Gaal would get the bullet and at that time Klopp was available so we had to act. It was a now or never scenario.

I stand by what I've been saying for the past few weeks on here though. I'm disappointed at how we've performed under Jürgen so far. Its irrelevant to me that these players aren't his or that we've suffered with some injuries either because I expect a world class manager to organise us much better than what he has but we're still watching the same old chaos week in week out. Some games we have been truly abysmal.

That said there are many positives to take. Obviously we are in a cup final and it has given us all something to look forward too. The summer transfer window should also be very exciting for us. We now have a manager with so much pulling power. Brendan was almost unknown across Europe and couldn't attract any top players. I think that'll change under Jürgen, even with these clowns in charge running us. Jürgen will build a top side here.

So to summarise I think it was a very good move bringing Klopp in and I'm really looking forward to our future. But there is still no getting away that we have been piss poor under him so far and its getting tiresome now people just denying that fact all because they have some sort of agenda against Brendan.

Kopite78
      Reply #4602: Feb 12, 2016 10:55:12 am
      What have you been watching recently? The Newcastle, Watford and West Ham performances were as bad as I've ever seen a Liverpool side perform. Certainly no worse than a Brendan Rodgers side. So take off those rose tinted glasses and stop chatting bull. We all love Jürgen but don't blatantly lie about how we've been performing because it pisses the people off who want to have a genuine discussion about it.

Anyway, my thoughts on Jürgen is that I think we did the right thing bringing him in when we did. There were strong rumours that Mourinho and Van Gaal would get the bullet and at that time Klopp was available so we had to act. It was a now or never scenario.

I stand by what I've been saying for the past few weeks on here though. I'm disappointed at how we've performed under Jürgen so far. Its irrelevant to me that these players aren't his or that we've suffered with some injuries either because I expect a world class manager to organise us much better than what he has but we're still watching the same old chaos week in week out. Some games we have been truly abysmal.

That said there are many positives to take. Obviously we are in a cup final and it has given us all something to look forward too. The summer transfer window should also be very exciting for us. We now have a manager with so much pulling power. Brendan was almost unknown across Europe and couldn't attract any top players. I think that'll change under Jürgen, even with these clowns in charge running us. Jürgen will build a top side here.

So to summarise I think it was a very good move bringing Klopp in and I'm really looking forward to our future. But there is still no getting away that we have been piss poor under him so far and its getting tiresome now people just denying that fact all because they have some sort of agenda against Brendan.

Broadly I utterly agree with what you said mate.

Ultimately though it comes down to whether you think that it was the right time for a change or not? Because if you did then any comparison t Rodgers shouldn't come into the debate. Because personally I'd rather look forward and dwell on the past

I personally did think it was the right time, however I was saying to my mates that Rodgers was also unlucky that Sturridge was injured because he would have made Brendan's  side look different as well.

We all want us to turn it around as soon as possible, Jürgen included but like with Rodgers and him being unfortunate to not have Sturridge available it's completely unfair to to take into consideration the injuries the squad has had in the last few months in judging Klopp's early time here.

If he can get his better more threatening players on the pitch together now I'd genuinely expect to see better.

For me comparing or bringing Rodgers into this debate now smacks of an agenda whoever is brining it to the table.

Things haven't been great, not as good as I hoped but there are reasons imo but I just think we need to give the man time.

This stutter is the main reason I hate changing manager in the middle of the season because this type of thing is more likely to happen than if he starts at the beginning of pre season.

Chelsea have hardly torn up the league after bombing Mourinho either with their squad of players

For me Brendan's gone, Jurgens the manager, just judge him on his merits and the job he's doing under the circumstances facing him.
      No need to try and point score off each other by bringing Brendan into it
      « Last Edit: Feb 12, 2016 11:25:44 am by Kopite78 »
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #4603: Feb 12, 2016 11:09:30 am

:clap:
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #4604: Feb 12, 2016 11:21:45 am

Excellent post.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4605: Feb 12, 2016 11:23:36 am
      Dudek's spot on - the squad is sh*te and the only hope is Klopp.
      How is Klopp who is unproven at Liverpool our only hope? Firmino, Coutinho, Allen, Clyne, Teixiera.. etc I think are okay but Klopp is unproven. When Klopp notices Mignolet isn't a good goalkeeper maybe I will think think Klopp is okay too... upto now all I have seen is 9th in the league and Mignolet is perfect for Liverpool etc... no signings in the winter. Doesn't mean Klopp won't be a good manager, just means he has not been yet.
      « Last Edit: Feb 12, 2016 11:38:00 am by Ribapuru »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4606: Feb 12, 2016 11:30:50 am
      oh wow we signed caulker. lets go win the league! seriously. Upto now it would have made no difference if we still had Rodgers or Klopp.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4607: Feb 12, 2016 11:37:41 am
      What you on about you biff?

I asked you a question about you saying there would be no signings in the summer, you throw back some sarky sh*te about a loan signing from January

Talk about agenda

I'll not bother trying to have a chat with you like, not worth it if you want to answer like a child
      ahh okay, I meant winter.. I better change that
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4608: Feb 12, 2016 12:00:19 pm
      That is fine, but the players we have at the club at the moment are better than West Ham, Leicester, Southampton and the toffees....we may not like them..we may think we deserve better but flops or no flops they are better players who are preforming woefully.

Benteke is surely more capable? Here is a guy that has gone from a 1:2 to a 1:4 in terms of scoring...surely although it appears that he has forgotten what a net even looks like he is better than what he is showing now.

Bollocks, who do we have in our squad who is better than Vardy and Mahrez? There are also some very good players in the other teams you mentioned. We have a very very average squad and what makes it worse is that its a seriously unbalanced team who do not fit Klopp's style of football, apart from a few exceptions. To be fair most of them didn't fit Brendan's style of football either but he's the fuckwit who bought them!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4609: Feb 12, 2016 12:05:43 pm
      Yeah there seems a lot of hypocrisy about at the moment. When I said it was the squad that wasn't good enough, had no balance and had no goal threat without Sturridge, everyone seemed to prefer to blame Brendan rather than the players. Now everyone blames the squad and Brendan for buying them while Jürgen gets a free pass. 

I never expected Klopp to wave a magic wand, but I did expect he would quickly improve us defensively and improve our transition. He has improved our transition, but defensively I think we still suffer from the same problems as under Brendan... lack of pressure on the man with the ball. We still give the opposition too much time on the ball enabling them to pick a pass and we also suffer the same problems if not worse from dead ball situations that we did under Brendan. 

Yes but who bought the sh*t players over 3 seasons and don't say its all down to the TC because that's simply not true???
      This is why we now level the critique at the players rather than the excellent manager who has been lumbered with them.

Think of it like this:
      Brendan < Than the players
      The players < Klopp

BTW by "<" I mean worse

Does that help to understand my mindset and I assume that of the other "hypocrites".
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4610: Feb 12, 2016 12:11:10 pm

Only for people who have conveniently forgotten how utterly crap we were against Stoke, Aston Villa or matches against any of the top teams last 3 seasons. F**k me talk about selective memory here.

I am not for one moment suggesting everything has been rosy under Klopp but apart form a couple of games where we were dreadful we have been a much better team under Klopp than we were towards the end of Brendan's reign of no cups.

Just think of how many chances we are now creating in matches, yes our defence is still sh*t, but until we can bring in some reinforcements and a new keeper it will stay sh*t and in fact in many ways I think even it has improved under Klopp, althogh sadly not at defending set pieces.
      Kopite78
      Reply #4611: Feb 12, 2016 12:11:43 pm
      It's tired old ground talking about who's responsible for this player and that player

Know what? I just want us to start acting like the big f**k off massive football club we are in our approach to everything we do

Klopp has the big f**k off reputation in football, especially European football so I want us to go into this summers window and act like a big club, go for a couple of real big game changers, stop pissing around with gambles and potential, don't think we can't get players.. Try for the top players, push the boat out, sell the club, sell the project. Stop trying to be too clever for our own goods, it ain't working.

Two f**k off worldies make the difference to this squad, we have a manager to attract them, we have the name to attract them.. Let's have the mentality to match
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #4612: Feb 12, 2016 12:53:43 pm
      paul joyce ‏@pjoyceexpress  2h2 hours ago
      Klopp: Usually everyone who could walk played, now we have to make some decisions.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #4613: Feb 12, 2016 01:04:05 pm
      Maybe someone has some stats to confirm this or not, maybe I'm wrong but I seem to remember us creating lots of chances under Brendan, just not converting them.
      Sure the football was poor last season, depressing at times,  but the attitude of the players e definitely played a part in that, much the same as some of this season's poor results.

I seriously can't wait until next season already to see the type of players Klopp brings in, there's few players on our team that can't be improved upon.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #4614: Feb 12, 2016 01:16:24 pm
      It's tired old ground talking about who's responsible for this player and that player

Know what? I just want us to start acting like the big f**k off massive football club we are in our approach to everything we do

Klopp has the big f**k off reputation in football, especially European football so I want us to go into this summers window and act like a big club, go for a couple of real big game changers, stop pissing around with gambles and potential, don't think we can't get players.. Try for the top players, push the boat out, sell the club, sell the project. Stop trying to be too clever for our own goods, it ain't working.

Two f**k off worldies make the difference to this squad, we have a manager to attract them, we have the name to attract them.. Let's have the mentality to match

How many barriers to the dream do you want?
      Try these:- JWH&Co, Ian Ayre, the transfer committee......
      The irony is these fuckers are supposedly working towards the same dream that we are, now that is mental.
      Kopite78
      Reply #4615: Feb 12, 2016 01:19:04 pm
      The irony is these fuckers are supposedly working towards the same dream that we are, now that is mental.

What's done is done Stuey

I'm (possibly dreaming) hoping that the fresh start under Klopp that was made is that.. A fresh start, a change in mentality.

We will only know after the summer but f**k me we are a massive club who shouldn't act like a small one.. Getting Klopp shows intent for me, let's hope that continues into the transfer strategy

I'm not talking them throwing their own money at it as we know that isn't going to happen, but F**k spreading the money over 10 signings a summer and go all out for two cherries on the top type players

If we have anywhere between 50-100m in the summer which isn't unrealistic with what we generate, the new TV deal plus sales.. Go get a couple of top end classy players who will transform us

Time to start acting big time again
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4616: Feb 12, 2016 01:37:15 pm

You mean the same barriers who sanctioned big money moves for Benteke, Lallana, Lovren and of course Klopp, look we know you hate Americans or maybe just American owners but stop banging the drum all the time please.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #4617: Feb 12, 2016 01:49:48 pm
      Broadly I utterly agree with what you said mate.

Ultimately though it comes down to whether you think that it was the right time for a change or not? Because if you did then any comparison t Rodgers shouldn't come into the debate. Because personally I'd rather look forward and dwell on the past

I was very supportive of Brendan in his third season and was one of few who thought he would turn things around. He lost me a little when he signed Benteke though. I just couldn't understand why he spent most of our kitty on such a player that was obvious to me wouldn't fit in here. After struggling the season before with Lambert and Balotelli it didn't make any sense and I was annoyed at him for that and felt he hammered the last nail into his own coffin.

This season we started off poorly and I thought it was possible Brendan had lost the dressing room. So at that point even I was leaning towards changing the manager. As I said earlier though I think the main reason we had to change managers was so neither Chelsea or united landed Klopp - we had to get in there first. So for that reason alone I thought it was the right decision.

I personally did think it was the right time, however I was saying to my mates that Rodgers was also unlucky that Sturridge was injured because he would have made Brendan's  side look different as well.

We all want us to turn it around as soon as possible, Jürgen included but like with Rodgers and him being unfortunate to not have Sturridge available it's completely unfair to to take into consideration the injuries the squad has had in the last few months in judging Klopp's early time here.

This gets spoken about quite a lot on here and it annoys me. A lot of people quite often remind us that Jürgen hasn't had a fit Sturridge to play but forget that Brendan didn't either.  If anything I feel more sorry for Brendan when it comes to Sturridge. Sturridge was unfit when Klopp arrived here so Jürgen should have prepared and planned without him. Brendan on the other hand relied on Danny but he was struck down with injury almost overnight.

Brendan went from having the leagues two best strikers to having Balotelli who he didn't even want. Those who were against Brendan never excused our results on Sturridge being unfit and constantly criticised Brendan for not getting the best out of Mario instead or for not signing a forward in January.

I said this the other day in here that Jürgen now has a similar situation with Benteke. Jürgen probably doesn't want Benteke either and clearly isn't getting the best out of him. Jürgen didn't sign a forward in January either. But nobody says anything about that and instead we blame the owners or for Sturridge being unfit? Seems a load of bollocks to me.

Fact is that if both managers had a fit Daniel Sturridge in their team then both managers would win the vast majority of their matches. Daniel is that good of a player and can transform any side. But it can't be one rule for Jürgen and another for Brendan. Neither manager had Sturridge available to them.

For me Brendan's gone, Jurgens the manager, just judge him on his merits and the job he's doing under the circumstances facing him.
      No need to try and point score off each other by bringing Brendan into it

I agree with this but look out for certain people who will continuously excuse our abysmal performances and just lie basically. I'm absolutely baffled that anybody can say that we have been consistently much better under Jürgen than we were Brendan. That's not to say that I don't think Jürgen will improve us and will take us to great heights, because I do. But currently we are f**king woeful so lets not sit here and talk bullshit and pretend everythings great. Because it isn't. It might be one day but right now it definitely isn't - we are sh*t.  So lets all stop looking for excuses and talking bollocks and just accept that we could have, and should have, done much better under Jürgen so far.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #4618: Feb 12, 2016 02:03:57 pm
      Hamannstheman.

;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,329 posts | 6383 
      Reply #4619: Feb 12, 2016 02:04:44 pm
      Only for people who have conveniently forgotten how utterly crap we were against Stoke, Aston Villa or matches against any of the top teams last 3 seasons. F**k me talk about selective memory here.
      We haven't exactly been flying against teams like Sunderland this season now have we?

Just think of how many chances we are now creating in matches, yes our defence is still sh*t, but until we can bring in some reinforcements and a new keeper it will stay sh*t and in fact in many ways I think even it has improved under Klopp, althogh sadly not at defending set pieces.

Yea, we are creating more chances...and we still can't finish any of them....so who cares? No one is saying Brendan was as good as Klopp, what people are saying is that many of us had hoped that things would have gotten markedly better after switching managers but it hasn't worked out that way. What we are also saying is how it's amazing it was all Brendan's fault then, but now it's the players fault...when in reality, the players have stayed the same, it's the manager that's changed.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #4620: Feb 12, 2016 02:22:26 pm

‏@LFCData
      Since Klopp took over, Liverpool have had the most shots (289) in the PL but scored just 24 goals (5th most). #LFC

Kopite78
      Reply #4621: Feb 12, 2016 02:24:45 pm

This gets spoken about quite a lot on here and it annoys me. A lot of people quite often remind us that Jürgen hasn't had a fit Sturridge to play but forget that Brendan didn't either.  If anything I feel more sorry for Brendan when it comes to Sturridge. Sturridge was unfit when Klopp arrived here so Jürgen should have prepared and planned without him. Brendan on the other hand relied on Danny but he was struck down with injury almost overnight.

Brendan went from having the leagues two best strikers to having Balotelli who he didn't even want. Those who were against Brendan never excused our results on Sturridge being unfit and constantly criticised Brendan for not getting the best out of Mario instead or for not signing a forward in January.

To be fair (to me  ;D) I literally just said that in that post..
      I firmly believe that had Sturridge been fit under Rodgers that we would have been in a different position.
      You only have to look at the end product in one match this season under Brendan as a yardstick, Villa at home, Sturridge fit, cutting edge, quality in the final third.. We win the game.
      Sturridge is of that quality that he would make the difference to any side in the league if he could stay fit.

Jürgen didn't sign a forward in January either. But nobody says anything about that and instead we blame the owners or for Sturridge being unfit? Seems a load of bollocks to me.

Fact is that if both managers had a fit Daniel Sturridge in their team then both managers would win the vast majority of their matches. Daniel is that good of a player and can transform any side. But it can't be one rule for Jürgen and another for Brendan. Neither manager had Sturridge available to them.

I can't talk for others on this as I don't know the background but in terms of January we can only guess and can't really have an informed decision.

My view is that Klopp has plans for the summer and wants to implement them then, that signing someone now when he has his eye on something else in the summer wouldn't be right, it may have altered his budgets for the summer too, so he's decided to work with what he has and make an informed decision on them and see where we are then.
      The Texiera deal was in place but at a value and seemingly that was Klopp's valuation of him and he didn't want to go higher.
      If a summer target had been available now he may well have signed him but they probably weren't, so what's the point in signing a makeshift for 6 months that alters any long term restructure?
      I'm not blaming anybody for January, my view is that bringing in a manager mid season always leads to this type of upheaval as he needs time to evaluate what he has.

Mate we aren't far apart with the seems of things, I supported Brendan until he went, fully, however I did feel it was time for a change, but in an ideal world I would have done that in the summer and not have a half way transitional season we are witnessing.

I'm not saying we couldn't have done better either, I think we could of course, but I could see what Rodgers couldn't control and gave him leeway on that, and I'm doing the same under Klopp..
      However or whatever we put it down to since he has been here he has been without near on all his best attacking threats, Sturridge, Coutinho, Ings, Origi.. His captain is playing injured, he lost all cbs at one point.. For me those are mitigating circumstances for a stuttering start..
      And I did give the benefit to Rodgers as well.

Good post though yours like
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #4622: Feb 12, 2016 02:34:37 pm
      You mean the same barriers who sanctioned big money moves for Benteke, Lallana, Lovren and of course Klopp, look we know you hate Americans or maybe just American owners but stop banging the drum all the time please.
      Big money moves on the money made from selling our top.players!
      If we didn't have Suarez and Sterling to sell how much do.you think our big money signings would have been?
      Stuey's point stands, less quantity, more quality!

Quick Reply