Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1553162 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6821 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #6371: Apr 11, 2016 07:31:48 am
      I think/hope when we smash teams like Stoke some people can understand a little more why one or two of us are "underwhelmed" and frustrated by where we are in the league.

We've now beat Stoke five out of the last six times we've played them in the league, they are nowhere near as good as us. Equally, there is now way on Earth they should be ahead of us in the Prem with a handful of games to go. We are miles better than the Mancs too, and ditto.

This bunch of players is far from being sh*te in this Premiership, we should be a lot higher than we are.

That's what's frustrating me about Leicester almost ready to win the Title, mate. Surely we have a better squad then them and they are just about to do what we have been craving for over 2 and a half F***ing decades. Pisses me right off!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6372: Apr 11, 2016 07:34:26 am
      That's what's frustrating me about Leicester almost ready to win the Title, mate. Surely we have a better squad then them and they are just about to do what we have been craving for over 2 and a half f**king decades. Pisses me right off!

Me too mate.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #6373: Apr 11, 2016 07:40:31 am
      That's what's frustrating me about Leicester almost ready to win the Title, mate. Surely we have a better squad then them and they are just about to do what we have been craving for over 2 and a half F***ing decades. Pisses me right off!

They fought a campaign last season mate just to stay in the league you could look at it and say they were battle hardened , perhaps the players made a mental decision to put a bit more effort in at the beginning , thus avoiding the same battle fortunately for them they realised a bit more effort will take you a long way , thsts the way I see it , they don't know when to give in .
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6821 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6374: Apr 11, 2016 07:42:48 am
      They fought a campaign last season mate just to stay in the league you could look at it and say they were battle hardened , perhaps the players made a mental decision to put a bit more effort in at the beginning , thus avoiding the same battle fortunately for them they realised a bit more effort will take you a long way , thsts the way I see it , they don't know when to give in .

We've shown that never give in attitude for years mate, just not consistently enough over the whole season. Breaks my F***ing heart.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #6375: Apr 11, 2016 07:48:34 am
      Well done.
      Could see everyone passing the ball and then running into positions that make themselves available to receive the ball again.
      Klopp reinstated this.
      Brendan somehow didn't instill this after Suraez left. Or it could be down to just Suraez, without Brendan implementing this in the first place.

Pass and move.

Shankly's mantra.   Pass and move.

Continued by all successful Liverpool managers down the years .

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #6376: Apr 11, 2016 08:00:31 am
      We've shown that never give in attitude for years mate, just not consistently enough over the whole season. Breaks my F***ing heart.
      You are right mate perhaps that's down to players attitude , thinking they only got to get up for big games bit like the fans on times , hopefully that will change under this guy .
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #6377: Apr 11, 2016 10:58:17 am
      That's what's frustrating me about Leicester almost ready to win the Title, mate. Surely we have a better squad then them and they are just about to do what we have been craving for over 2 and a half f**king decades. Pisses me right off!

It really isn't frustrating though.

Leicester have a better team than us, maybe not a better squad, but a better team. They are the best team in the league no doubt.

As for us, we may have a better individual talent and a better squad overall, but prior to Klopp, in no way have we even resembled a team. Given how much of a shambles our teamwork was, there was never any possibility that we could even begin to comprehend a title challenge. Leicester were pretty shambolic last year, but that was more to do with the quality of manager and besides, lets not forget that everything began to click for them towards the end of last season anyway. In the last months of Rodgers, we looked anything but a team, unlike Leicester under Pearson, we never did show shoots of recovery and were fast regressing. That performance this season against Man Utd away was still the most shocking I have seen in a long time (aside from Stoke away, it was always a prerequisite to show fight at Old Trafford no matter what the result would be). They were playing like individuals who had never met each other before. It was an incredibly unbalanced set of players made by the errors of Rodgers and the transfer committee. There was no consensus as to how to build a team, and both factions (management and transfer committee) were guilty of making big errors. It's no wonder that Klopp has had moments of frustration because in my opinion he had inherited a right mess.

Arguably, the squad balance is still very poor, but that is obviously not Jürgen's fault. But it's not beyond possibility that he could get them all playing together considering the astonishing improvements of individuals like Origi, Lovren and Allen to name a few. Since Klopp arrived, his immediate task for this year was to steady the ship. I think he is doing that - I've seen more resolute and resilient performances under Klopp, suggesting a new maturity for some of these players.

As said above, it's about looking at the bigger picture, and while we are obviously not where we want to be (seriously, why do some on here think some of us are happy with 7-9th place?), the performances have markedly improved since Klopp came in. There's not too many matches where we can say we deserved to lose. The players look like they know what their role is - there's less of this clueless possession and mindless defending and they seem to more or less know what they have to do. Dortmund last week was a perfect example.

The team looks like it needed brains to become tactically aware and while there's still teething problems - that's not a surprise though as we haven't had a tactically astute side since Rafa was our manager. The management team though have given that to them and it will only improve with time.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #6378: Apr 11, 2016 11:01:01 am
      Klopp had a bit of learning and adjusting to do in this league as its much stronger than the Bundesliga, he's getting there now, take yesterday as an example, Klopp in my opinion was prepared to sacrifice 3 points going off his selection knowing champions league qualification through the league is all but gone in preference to rest players for the Dortmund tie.

With a few signings and a season of acclimatising to the league under his belt I think we'll see real progress next season.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #6379: Apr 11, 2016 12:09:51 pm
      It really isn't frustrating though.

Yes it f**king is.

We've been waiting the best part of 3 decades to lift a league title.

You are not kidding anyone!
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2016 12:21:25 pm by Beerbelly »
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #6380: Apr 11, 2016 12:19:48 pm
      Not necessarily regarding yesterday or v Dortmund but I think when we speak about Klopp and his decisions we have to give credit to the whole management team too. Clearly Klopp is the motivator but I can't help feeling Buvac and Krawietz contribute a lot of tactical ideas.

Ultimately it's Klopp who takes the plaudits and the abuse but those two surely deserve a mention in here.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #6381: Apr 11, 2016 12:23:22 pm
      Not necessarily regarding yesterday or v Dortmund but I think when we speak about Klopp and his decisions we have to give credit to the whole management team too. Clearly Klopp is the motivator but I can't help feeling Buvac and Krawietz contribute a lot of tactical ideas.

Ultimately it's Klopp who takes the plaudits and the abuse but those two surely deserve a mention in here.

Absolutely Mate,  Buvac is not known as the Brain for no reason.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #6382: Apr 11, 2016 12:24:46 pm

You heard it here first, Jürgen Klopp is the German Harry Redknapp!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #6383: Apr 11, 2016 12:26:34 pm

You heard it here first, Jürgen Klopp is the German Harry Redknapp!!

Does his Dog do his accounts?
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #6384: Apr 11, 2016 12:31:54 pm

Yeah, some rare breed called a Mossack Fonseca.

Artaylor may well have a point, one of the perceptions of Rodgers is that it was a one man show - as opposed to the Hodge which was a no man show.

Mike Marsh and Pascoe did not seem, to us on the outside, to be anything other than solid lads to get his ideas across. O'Driscoll and McAllister had no time to get involved really before all got binned.

Whereas, the little we know about Klopp's assistants are that there is a bit more of partnership. I think ultimately that's needed in modern management, you can't shoulder that burden alone and expect to not lose your mind.

I'd point to Wenger's current situation as proof of that.

Benitez and Mourinho have a pretty big backroom staff that follow them from job to job. I'm sure others do as well but I'm not up on that. I think be challenged and having a wider group of eyes, ears and brains must be an asset.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #6385: Apr 11, 2016 12:42:06 pm
      Yeah, some rare breed called a Mossack Fonseca.

Artaylor may well have a point, one of the perceptions of Rodgers is that it was a one man show - as opposed to the Hodge which was a no man show.

Mike Marsh and Pascoe did not seem, to us on the outside, to be anything other than solid lads to get his ideas across. O'Driscoll and McAllister had no time to get involved really before all got binned.

Whereas, the little we know about Klopp's assistants are that there is a bit more of partnership. I think ultimately that's needed in modern management, you can't shoulder that burden alone and expect to not lose your mind.

I'd point to Wenger's current situation as proof of that.

Benitez and Mourinho have a pretty big backroom staff that follow them from job to job. I'm sure others do as well but I'm not up on that. I think be challenged and having a wider group of eyes, ears and brains must be an asset.

:nod:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #6386: Apr 11, 2016 01:09:18 pm
      Looks like Klopp has got some sort of handle how the PL works now, our form shows we have lost once in our last 7 games & and this rate I have no reason why we can't go onto a winning run in our remaining games.

Next season is going to be fun under Klopp, I can see us challenging for the title, I'm that confident in Klopp.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #6387: Apr 11, 2016 01:09:54 pm

They've all been together for a very long time mate, they trust each others judgement on all football matters implicitly. 

I can't remember which one's which between the 2 but I believe the "eyes" watch both our players and the oppositions, as well as some scouting, whilst the "brains" formulates the plan on how best to utilise our players and the tactics to overcome the opposition, based on the findings of the "eyes".

I also think the idea to put Pep Linders in charge of coaching a development squad of the most talented Academy lads at Melwood was a masterstroke.  You can see the ease with which some those lads have come into the 1st team when needed and not looked out of place.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #6388: Apr 11, 2016 01:16:42 pm
      Looks like Klopp has got some sort of handle how the PL works now, our form shows we have lost once in our last 7 games & and this rate I have no reason why we can't go onto a winning run in our remaining games.

Next season is going to be fun under Klopp, I can see us challenging for the title, I'm that confident in Klopp.

I think a bit of cautious optimism is fine. A lot depends on our summer.

The league may not be as mental next year, I can see Chelsea and United spending big to make up for missing out on the Champions League. Not to mention City improving and Arsenal and Spurs doing their usual business.

It's okay to aim to win the league, the club senior management should be building exclusively for for this... not for increased revenues and that stuff. But I don't think a title challenge should be expected next year, it's possible but I don't trust our fans not to throw the toys out the pram if we aren't still in for it by February.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,431 posts | 6422 
      Reply #6389: Apr 11, 2016 01:16:49 pm
      It's early, but we are starting to get that invincible aura back little by little.

Thursday may well tell the tale in how far we've come.

Send Dortmund packing back to Germany and we won't be flying under the radar any longer.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #6390: Apr 11, 2016 01:30:03 pm
      I'd ignore most of the reviews about his performances in Ligue 1 last season, he was decent, certainly nowhere near one of the worst in the league like he was made out to be.
      Quite. When I watched Lille he was the only player actually looking to attack, still managed to do fairly well and scored only one less than the Antony  "annointed greatestest everaar, surpassing-Pele-at-this-point-is-merely-a-formality" Martial (who has a worse goals to minute ratio than all four of our strikers - plus Firmino)

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2015/2016/roberto_firmino/165/165/2021/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/anthony_martial/165/165/3926/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/christian_benteke/165/165/3738/36/p|premier_league/2015/2016/divock_origi/165/165/4176/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/daniel_sturridge/165/165/441/36/p#goals_scored#90
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #6391: Apr 11, 2016 02:00:07 pm
      Yes it f**king is.

We've been waiting the best part of 3 decades to lift a league title.

You are not kidding anyone!

Erm, I was talking about Leicester winning the league - that's not frustrating. It's only frustrating if we could actually compare ourselves to them and IF we had a good team. Like I said with us good squad, sh*t team. That's what we have been and there was no way we were winning anything given the performances at the end of last season and beginning of this one.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #6392: Apr 11, 2016 02:03:31 pm
      Erm, I was talking about Leicester winning the league - that's not frustrating. It's only frustrating if we could actually compare ourselves to them and IF we had a good team. Like I said with us good squad, sh*t team. That's what we have been and there was no way we were winning anything given the performances at the end of last season and beginning of this one.

Fair enough.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,431 posts | 6422 
      Reply #6393: Apr 11, 2016 02:03:36 pm

You are having a laugh. We do have a reasonably good team. You don't draw Dortmund at their place with a sh*t team.

Quick Reply