Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1544262 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #7015: May 02, 2016 12:09:01 pm
      Yea, kinda like when attacking players get the chance to jog or walk around and rest when the ball makes its way back to our defensive 1/3.

When I play there are no commercials or timeouts, and there is no walking around on the court when I don't have the ball.

So your saying you are fitter than a professional NBA? Nice one buddy.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #7016: May 02, 2016 12:09:11 pm
      Yes those sliding tackles must be a really bummer when your running at full pelt with a basketball. Probably the biggest cause of injuries eh  :lmao:

You really are tool. Have you ever even watched a game much less played?

Go draw a charge from someone the size of Lebron James and tell me it's a non contact sport. Try getting a rebound in a sea of guys that are 6' 9" and 250 lbs. Yea, they are all very careful to make sure they don't harm anyone else under the rim. :lmao:

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #7017: May 02, 2016 12:09:32 pm
      So your saying you are fitter than a professional NBA? Nice one buddy.

Where did I say that? I was merely pointing out your ignorance as you try to make points that you aren't qualified to make.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7018: May 02, 2016 12:09:48 pm
      Any of you thought the reason you're exhausted after playing basketball is because you're not actually that fit  ;D

SO Jürgen KLOPP THEN - YOU KNOW, THE GUY WHO MANAGES LIVERPOOL!
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #7019: May 02, 2016 12:11:18 pm
      American sports are sh*t.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,242 posts | 850 
      Reply #7020: May 02, 2016 12:11:59 pm
      Any of you thought the reason you're exhausted after playing basketball is because you're not actually that fit  ;D

add to that a little beer belly doesn't help ;D

back to Klopp! needs to make a crucial decision this thursday by starting Sturridge, I'm a bit surprised he doesn't rate him that much and he has a big decision to make not only this week but this summer
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,451 posts | 8658 
      Reply #7021: May 02, 2016 12:12:59 pm
      3 games in a short time? :lmao:

How do you explain the NBA playoffs? Where guys are playing 3 games often times with only one day of rest between? And that's after an 82 game season......

Are you saying footballers just aren't able to cope as well as basketball players?

Have you ever played Basketball?

it's quite a fast paced sport, especially at high level in the NBA. It might not be as exhausting as football, but nevertheless requires a huge deal of fitness and running.

I agree with FL on this one.

Weirdo's!!

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #7022: May 02, 2016 12:13:20 pm
      You really are tool. Have you ever even watched a game much less played?

Go draw a charge from someone the size of Lebron James and tell me it's a non contact sport. Try getting a rebound in a sea of guys that are 6' 9" and 250 lbs. Yea, they are all very careful to make sure they don't harm anyone else under the rim. :lmao:

No need for the insults always a sign of someone losing a debate.

Anyway you stick to your point, pretty sure Jürgen knows what's good for the players or I suppose he could always take your advice   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #7023: May 02, 2016 12:15:03 pm

Headed out soon to run ten miles debs, I do alright ;)

I think the real point here is Jürgen likely was playing kids because he feels the league games aren't as important, but the "don't you say a cross thing about Jürgen" crowd has to find excuses and has latched on to the myth that players are fragile and might get injured. Even though he played our most injury prone player 90 minutes.

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #7024: May 02, 2016 12:15:28 pm
      Back on topic! Jürgen is tall enough to play basketball!  :f_tongueincheek:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #7025: May 02, 2016 12:16:29 pm

Nah, never interested me Netball but looking at the game played,football is far more taxing..
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7026: May 02, 2016 12:16:50 pm
      add to that a little beer belly doesn't help ;D

back to Klopp! needs to make a crucial decision this thursday by starting Sturridge, I'm a bit surprised he doesn't rate him that much and he has a big decision to make not only this week but this summer

I thought Jürgen said he was due to only play 45 minutes yesterday so he was available to start on Thursday but that Daniel said he was fine for the full 90 at half time?  I'd be surprised if he didn't anyway, it's a totally different scenario to last week.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #7027: May 02, 2016 12:19:38 pm
      Nah, never interested me Netball but looking at the game played,football is far more taxing..

Oh so you can judge something by looking at it? Is that you Donald Trump?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #7028: May 02, 2016 12:22:58 pm
      Oh so you can judge something by looking at it? Is that you Donald Trump?

Yes I can & Just as Klopp see's something in Mignolet....I'm Bernie Sanders by the way...
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #7029: May 02, 2016 12:24:21 pm
      Grabs popcorn
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7030: May 02, 2016 12:25:21 pm
      Headed out soon to run ten miles debs, I do alright ;)

I think the real point here is Jürgen likely was playing kids because he feels the league games aren't as important, but the "don't you say a cross thing about Jürgen" crowd has to find excuses and has latched on to the myth that players are fragile and might get injured. Even though he played our most injury prone player 90 minutes.

But do you have a team of medics, with all the scientific paraphernalia, checking you over after that 10 mile run to see how taxing it's been on your body?

Jürgen has been saying for weeks why he's rotated like he has and that it's nothing to do with the next game but the one previous so people are only repeating him.  He's done it all season in various competitions when he's had injury issues with his main players.  As for the "most injury prone player" see my post above about what Jürgen said about him.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #7031: May 02, 2016 12:32:44 pm
      If Klopp doesn't start Sturridge on Thursday ( he will of course) , and we were to go out, the backlash would be awful.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,451 posts | 8658 
      Reply #7032: May 02, 2016 12:47:45 pm
      If Klopp doesn't start Sturridge on Thursday ( he will of course) , and we were to go out, the backlash would be awful.

No it won't, anyone moaning that F***ing much can F**k off over the park to Goodison, they'll be in fine company then!!

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7033: May 02, 2016 12:59:20 pm
      No it won't, anyone moaning that f**king much can f**k off over the park to Goodison, they'll be in fine company then!!

Quite right. All the "real" supporters will just blame Migs. :)
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #7034: May 02, 2016 01:02:19 pm
      No need for the insults always a sign of someone losing a debate.

Anyway you stick to your point, pretty sure Jürgen knows what's good for the players or I suppose he could always take your advice   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

I really don't know how this turned into Basketball vs Football, but to say basketball is not as taxing football is pretty ignorant. If you have ever played basketball you would have known. Modern basketball is all about fast breaks, and even the the pick and roll teams run high paced plays.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #7035: May 02, 2016 01:09:18 pm
      I really don't know how this turned into Basketball vs Football, but to say basketball is not as taxing football is pretty ignorant. If you have ever played basketball you would have known. Modern basketball is all about fast breaks, and even the the pick and roll teams run high paced plays.

It was more about the risks of playing our only two fit midfielders in 3 games in quick succession in light of the fact they are injury prone.
      People who are dogmatic  have a strange way of bringing in other scenarios and in this case basketball.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #7036: May 02, 2016 01:11:51 pm
      No it won't, anyone moaning that f**king much can f**k off over the park to Goodison, they'll be in fine company then!!
      I have to disagree, Sturridge should have started last Thursday and should start next Thursday. I am putting it very politely when I say it was a strange choice not to use him. If we don't go through people will hold Klopp partly responsible. The main culprit is Lori though. I have no doubt Origi would have scored or set a goal up. I don't think you can say everybody who has a different opinion should become an Everton fan just because Everton bad mouth their manager a lot. There is a difference between supporting the manager being at the club and supporting every choice he makes, I do support Klopp in his managerial position but I don't support all his choices he makes and if we are to sweep his mistakes under the carpet just to not look like Everton fans then that is just being ignorant to ourselves and bad way to be as fans. I can list atleast 5 mistakes but I still think Klopp is the best manager for us.

1: Claiming Mignolet is perfect for Liverpool.
      2: Giving Mignolet 5 year contract.
      3: Playing Mignolet almost all season and not giving Ward a chance.
      4: Not realizing how bad Skrtel was until it cost us badly, then using him again after.
      5: Not playing Sturridge against Villareal.

I still support Klopp as being the manager but these are big mistakes to me, mistakes that could have made the difference between champions league football or not, that doesn't mean I am going to become an Everton fan like you suggest people who recognise his mistakes should do, neither does it mean I will pretend it didn't happen to look like a bigger Klopp supporter. It is not some kind of competition it is an opinion and I can understand if there is backlash.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7037: May 02, 2016 01:36:39 pm
      People who are dogmatic  have a strange way of bringing in other scenarios and in this case basketball.

Next up :- Cricket vs Baseball

:)

Quick Reply