Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The lack of firepower/ goals is still worrying

Read 7625 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: The lack of firepower/ goals is still worrying
      Reply #46: Oct 20, 2015 12:52:58 pm
      Ings back next weekend? Who worked that miracle?

;D. DOH !

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #47: Oct 20, 2015 01:00:31 pm
      I don't think we have much option, unless the Boss can come up with striker converted to do the job.

Firmino is a forward as well.

So long as we have either off studger, benteke & Origi fit at anytime. he only really plays with 1 striker anyways.

We will see the formation from sunday develop more, certain players are capable of playing in slightly different positions. 4-2-3-1

------------ Sturridge\Benteke\Origi -----------------

-- Can \Ibe -- Lallana\Coutinho -- Firmino\Milner --

---------- Lucas \ Hendo - Milner \ Allen ------------

Maybe if all 3 strikers fit at same time he could change to 4-4-2.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #48: Oct 20, 2015 02:08:55 pm
      How have I written him off I said he isnt a Klopp type of footballer but maybe he can adjust. I just have this vision of Ian Rush in this team he would be perfect and that is who we need a new Ian Rush

I think Benteke will thrive in Klopp's system.  He is capable of initiating the press, cutting passing lanes to shrink the field of play, finding space to collect the ball as a target, link with teammates, and we all know he can score goals when given decent service. I think he will also be helped by the fact that there will be several players in close support of him as Klopp likes to press high and win the ball back in advanced positions.  Obviously we have a difference of opinion, but I'm excited to see if/how he fits into the new manager's plans!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #49: Oct 20, 2015 02:15:50 pm
      I think Benteke will thrive in Klopp's system.  He is capable of initiating the press, cutting passing lanes to shrink the field of play, finding space to collect the ball as a target, link with teammates, and we all know he can score goals when given decent service. I think he will also be helped by the fact that there will be several players in close support of him as Klopp likes to press high and win the ball back in advanced positions.  Obviously we have a difference of opinion, but I'm excited to see if/how he fits into the new manager's plans!!

I think Benteke is a fantastic player but I dont see him running around annoying their defense when they have the ball but I am sure he will get a chance to do it. We need him to score goals we are really suspect in that dept. A young strongman like him should be scaring the sh*t out of defences
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #50: Oct 20, 2015 02:33:17 pm
      How have I written him off I said he isnt a Klopp type of footballer but maybe he can adjust. I just have this vision of Ian Rush in this team he would be perfect and that is who we need a new Ian Rush

Klopp wanted to buy him when he was at Dortmund according to reports, not to mention he wanted to sign Origi as well, so it might be premature to say he's "not a Klopp type player".

I might be wrong here as I haven't finished reading about Klopp's Dortmund, but I was under the impression that he likes his central striker to stay central and not do as much chasing as the support players.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #51: Oct 20, 2015 02:34:42 pm
      I think Benteke is a fantastic player but I dont see him running around annoying their defense when they have the ball but I am sure he will get a chance to do it. We need him to score goals we are really suspect in that dept. A young strongman like him should be scaring the sh*t out of defences

I could be wrong (didn't watch a ton of Dortmund games while Kopp was there) but I don't recall Lewa running around like crazy when they would press. He would initiate the press. Then, when the ball would go wide he would drop off to cut the passing lane, condense the field of play, and find a bit of space so that when they won the ball back they could quickly pick him out and play off of him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #52: Oct 20, 2015 03:51:47 pm
      I could be wrong (didn't watch a ton of Dortmund games while Kopp was there) but I don't recall Lewa running around like crazy when they would press. He would initiate the press. Then, when the ball would go wide he would drop off to cut the passing lane, condense the field of play, and find a bit of space so that when they won the ball back they could quickly pick him out and play off of him.

Is he fit again ?it would be such a boost if he does click. I guess formations and players will change over the coming weeks and months unless we do get a bounce and go on a run and why not the League is not the strongest its been.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #53: Oct 20, 2015 06:18:24 pm
      Is he fit again ?it would be such a boost if he does click. I guess formations and players will change over the coming weeks and months unless we do get a bounce and go on a run and why not the League is not the strongest its been.

I thought he was supposed to be back training this week, but don't know for certain..... We should know soon enough as I'm sure he will get his chance in the next few matches!!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #54: Oct 23, 2015 06:28:38 pm
      1 win in our last 11 games. Only one game this season in which we have scored more than a single goal.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #55: Oct 23, 2015 06:56:20 pm
      Collapse of the Berlin Wall, D Day, the storming of the Bastille, Liverpool score more than one goal in a match without Sturridge - days that will be remembered.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #56: Oct 23, 2015 08:02:54 pm
      Starting with Origi up front last two games ... the lads not up to it ...

Studge can't be relied on. Ings is done and dusted for the season, massive blow.

Leaves Benteke ... who, along with his mental F***ing coach, reckon will find it hard to live with Klopps style...

We'll win some, we'll loose some ... but right now see no way of top4, unless huge upturn / Benteke hits a serious purple patch ...
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,846 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #57: Oct 23, 2015 09:39:45 pm
      Good to see Emre Can playing in midfield and not defending, possibly Can had the most attempts to score last night  I think he will be a top player, Sturridge needs to hit the ground running for Mr Klopp and halt the injuries ,then we can make the team gel together and become decent
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #58: Oct 24, 2015 08:14:21 am
      1 win in our last 11 games. Only one game this season in which we have scored more than a single goal.

Important that we're not losing games though. Just as winning becomes a habit, losing does too.

On our attack, I think we lack pace in it and I think we will even when Sturridge comes back. We badly miss someone like Sterling who can run at defenders with pace and beat them for fun. I also don't think Coutinho is a number ten. He does his best work from deeper positions.

Quick Reply