Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Liverpool 1:1 Southampton. In game & post match debate.

Read 35077 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Re: Liverpool 1:1 Southampton. In game & post match debate.
      Reply #414: Oct 25, 2015 08:12:26 pm
      Fear is entrenched in this team and the clearest example of that is Clyne who has turned into a pub player overnight, he couldn't cntrol a ball, make a 10 yard pass and was constantly out of position. But he's not the only one Milner and Can we're just as guilty.

Bit worrying too how Cou has performed so far under Klopp, hopefully he turns it around soon..
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #415: Oct 25, 2015 08:14:13 pm
      If Benteke and firminio start on Wednesday then it'll be totally different.

Can needs a rest, he looked fu**ed after 30 mins.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #416: Oct 25, 2015 08:14:34 pm
      Coutinho needs to be dropped for a bit too
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #417: Oct 25, 2015 08:15:10 pm
      Pardon me mate. My expectations, just like all true fans where rather high. The boss got a tough job given the group of players & the injuries but were lfc not sunderland. We should be thriving not merely surviving... I know we'll get there though (may be you're right, )

it's were* not where.
      Plus this quote  "i need them 3 points rolling in sooner than later" I mean like F***ing hell John W. Henry kid, it doesn't work that way.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #418: Oct 25, 2015 08:18:01 pm
      Fear is entrenched in this team and the clearest example of that is Clyne who has turned into a pub player overnight, he couldn't cntrol a ball, make a 10 yard pass and was constantly out of position. But he's not the only one Milner and Can we're just as guilty.

The only way to get some confidence in the players is to get a win fortunately we have Bournemouth next who look shot to pieces.

We just have to hope Firmino and Benteke get up to match fitness asap otherwise there is no goal threat at all. Despite the lovely flicks and turns from Lallana he is completely ineffectual in the final third. 
      Coutinho is having a shocking season.

At least we didn't lose and a draw was a fair result but lots of work for Jürgen to get these players to start doing the basics correctly like keeping hold of a ball........

Clyne, even for all his miss hits, has been solid all season. To call him a pub team player I think is weird actually. He's been almost flawless.
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #419: Oct 25, 2015 08:18:32 pm
      it's were* not where.
      Plus this quote  "i need them 3 points rolling in sooner than later" I mean like f**king hell John W. Henry kid, it doesn't work that way.

Thanks for the correction kid
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #420: Oct 25, 2015 08:20:11 pm
      Migs is not good enough because he cannot nor does not command his area
      Skrtel is not good enough because he backs off too much
      Moreno is not good enough because the guy can't cross or shoot
      Can is not good enough because he doesn't have a footballing brain - he's all energy with little direction
      Milner is not good enough out wide because he's no creative player, he's industrious and hard working
      Lallana is not good enough because his end product/final ball is next to nothing
      Coutinho is not good enough because he's too inconsistent and disappears for too many games a season
      Origi is not good enough because like Balotelli, he's too immobile and needs a second striker alongside him
      Lovren is not good enough because his positional sense is not good enough

EDIT: Just to clarify, I think all the above can be remedied with good coaching, so there's no reason the above players cannot improve. None of us are perfect, so let's get behind all the players!

Sakho, Clyne, Lucas, Sturridge, Henderson, Ings (as a first choice sub at least), Gomez Firmino and Benteke are good enough. Balotelli and Markovich are not even at the club

That's the problem as I see it, and as good as Klopp might be, nothing but a busy transfer window can put it right.
      « Last Edit: Oct 26, 2015 09:43:13 am by Rush »
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #421: Oct 25, 2015 08:21:17 pm

You're welcome my m8.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #422: Oct 25, 2015 08:21:22 pm
      Have had to watch it on a delay so have literally just finished watching the game. I thought we were terrible first half and we played a bit better 2nd half but nothing to get carried away with. My observations were:

- Can was terrible, how did he play 90 minutes? I thought he looked spent after 70 minutes, was slow on the ball and cumbersome in everything he did. I'd rather have Milner in there.

- Lucas was head and shoulders above the rest of the side, mostly bailing his teammates out when they gave the ball away or pinged him another shi...tty pass when he had players on his back. The worry is that Lucas is often our best when the rest are shi...te (he won player of the year during two horrible seasons)

- We need a fookkin genuine wide player in front of Moreno. The lad is hopeless, no better than Cissoko with the ball at his feet and Cissoko is one of the worst I have EVER seen in a red shirt. Saint let him have about 30 foot of space all game because they wanted our lads to pass it to him so he could fun...k it up again. Woeful woeful player.

- what's going on with Coutinho? Didn't clap the fans when he was subbed on 82 minutes and looked like he had a sulk on. Heads gone by the looks of it. Am braced for a bid in the January window.

- Firmino looked quite bright when he came on. First time I've been able to say that.

- if the only fit striker available is Origi then play without a striker.

That's everything I watched, spot on

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #423: Oct 25, 2015 08:23:20 pm
      Coutinho needs to be dropped for a bit too

Ether that or sell him to La Liga in January... He hasn't looked interested at all since Rodge was binned..
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #424: Oct 25, 2015 08:25:13 pm
      Feel sorry for Jürgen, inheriting misfits signed by hi predecessor and trying to stop the rot ! These players need to realise the way they are playing nobody else would sign them in the premiership
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #425: Oct 25, 2015 08:27:21 pm
      Clyne, even for all his miss hits, has been solid all season. To call him a pub team player I think is weird actually. He's been almost flawless.

He has been awful the last two games.

One thing that is really missing at the moment is pace. None of our forward players scare the opposition at the moment, real shame Ibe has lost his form at the wrong time.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #426: Oct 25, 2015 08:40:25 pm

One thing that is really missing at the moment is pace. None of our forward players scare the opposition at the moment, real shame Ibe has lost his form at the wrong time.

I may be totally mistaken with the wavelength thing, I'm never a person who says I'm not wrong, but isn't he kind of amazingly and well better than Glen Johnson, like x 10.
      This is where I don't get the faux modern game, we want defenders to be wingers too. Bayern Munich had Ribery and Roben as their wingers, they didn't have to defend that much I'd imagine.
      In other words RB and LB should just pass the ball to RW, LW, they can overlap by all means but when was the last time there was a Roberto Carlos attacking winger in the EPl or anywhere? I'm lost here now with this.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #427: Oct 25, 2015 08:41:58 pm

Yep, we simply aren't a threat on the break without Studge in the side. We desperately need young Ibe to become the player he can be and a return to fitness of Studge if that is to change. Oh and a centre mid who releases the ball quickly on the break, to be fair Henderson does bring that to the table.

I just worry we lose at Chelsea next week and in truth, the season becomes a it of a write off with regards to the league season. I feel like we will struggle to qualify for any European football next year.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #428: Oct 25, 2015 08:58:44 pm
      I said in the Pre match thread that with our lack of fire power at the moment we needed the clean sheet if we were to get a win. There's just not 2 goals in this side at the moment. We looked a different side when Benteke came on, and hopefully going forward the return of Sturridge and Henderson (and Ings in the longer term) will boost that further. But for now, with what we have at our disposal how do we make goals? It's obviously not a simple question to answer and has to be right up there on Klopps to-do list, right beside eradicating silly errors at set pieces.

Overall it was far from a terrible performance, and far from a terrible result. There was further signs of the changes Klopp is trying to make. If it were so simple that his presence alone could fix this situation everyone would be changing managers every week. It's a long way back but I've seen enough in the last 3 matches to feel like we have an identity again, and a purpose. There will be plenty more days like this on the road, but as long as the effort is there we need to take them in our stride.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #429: Oct 25, 2015 08:59:53 pm
      Migs is not good enough because he cannot nor does not command his area
      Skrtel is not good enough because he backs off too much
      Moreno is not good enough because the guy can't cross or shoot
      Can is not good enough because he doesn't have a footballing brain - he's all energy with little direction
      Milner is not good enough out wide because he's no creative player, he's industrious and hard working
      Lallana is not good enough because his end product/final ball is next to nothing
      Coutinho is not good enough because he's too inconsistent and disappears for too many games a season
      Origi is not good enough because like Balotelli, he's too immobile and needs a second striker alongside him
      Lovren is not good enough because his positional sense is not good enough

Sakho, Clyne, Lucas, Sturridge, Henderson, Ings (as a first choice sub at least), Gomez Firmino and Benteke are good enough. Balotelli and Markovich are not even at the club

That's the problem as I see it, and as good as Klopp might be, nothing but a busy transfer window can put it right.

Sturridge isn't good enough because he can't stay healthy.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #430: Oct 25, 2015 09:00:12 pm
      What a shame. Different manager same problem. I still believe the collection of players have the capability to score 3,4,5 in a match... The selection was poor, the sub was late and not in the proper order. Other than the pressing, the tactics was a weak one (if there's actually any!). I really hope we get better; i had predicted a draw or a loss for LFC hoping I would be proven wrong. SMH

wash hog
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #431: Oct 25, 2015 09:06:12 pm
      I don't think we were anywhere near as bad as some of you have been saying.

Not perfect by any stretch but I've seen enough to suggest we will improve more as the weeks move on.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #432: Oct 25, 2015 09:17:11 pm
      As Klopp himself said there is plenty to work on there and overall we are starting to look better each game.

One thing though Can, how many times did he run with the ball into the opposition half only to run down a blind alley or play the wrong pass. And in turn ends up out of position leaving us short at the back. I'm beginning to think CB might be his best position but there again he has not played that often in midfield and he is young and inexperienced.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #433: Oct 25, 2015 09:24:06 pm
      One thing though Can, how many times did he run with the ball into the opposition half only to run down a blind alley or play the wrong pass. And in turn ends up out of position leaving us short at the back.

Not just this match, but it happens in others too. Most of the time, he just doesn't know what to do when he's in the final third.

but there again he has not played that often in midfield and he is young and inexperienced.

I agree with this, but I'm still unsure whether he should be our CM long term. He does the grunt work decent enough, but what else? Maybe it's time we consider looking into a ball playing midfielder along side, Lucas? Perhaps Chirivella or Brannagan?

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #434: Oct 25, 2015 09:28:45 pm
      Simon scampering Mignolet.

Thought we were better second half. Too many average players though.

Keeper who can claim a cross top priority in January. Start from the back
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #435: Oct 25, 2015 09:31:09 pm
      Not just this match, but it happens in others too. Most of the time, he just doesn't know what to do when he's in the final third.

I agree with this, but I'm still unsure whether he should be our CM long term. He does the grunt work decent enough, but what else? Maybe it's time we consider looking into a ball playing midfielder along side, Lucas? Perhaps Chirivella or Brannagan?

I would imagine Henderson will be Lucas partner once he is back but yeah in the mean time it's difficult, might be worth trying out Tex midweek?

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #436: Oct 25, 2015 09:40:22 pm
      I would imagine Henderson will be Lucas partner once he is back but yeah in the mean time it's difficult, might be worth trying out Tex midweek?

Yeah, Hendo and Lucas would be my first choice, totally forgot about him :D

Would love to see Teixeira get 90 mins under his belt, then we'll have some kind of inkling of what he can offer.

Quick Reply