Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

2015-2016 Premier League Title - Can we dream?

Read 10806 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      2015-2016 Premier League Title - Can we dream?
      Dec 03, 2015 02:40:32 pm
      Maybe this is premature, maybe it's a bit pie in the sky, but I can't help but catch myself thinking "just maybe".

A new man in charge, an invigorated club, an invigorated team, scoring goals, defending (mostly ;D) and I believe  I saw it written that we are higher in the league at this point in time than we were when we finished 2nd just a couple years back. We've played all the big boys at their grounds already....it's setting up nicely for Jürgen to take us marching to the top.

I'm sure people will tell me why I shouldn't dream....but I'm going to ignore them and dream anyway. COYR!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Re: 2015-2016 Premier League Title - Can we dream?
      Reply #1: Dec 03, 2015 02:47:46 pm
      Maybe this is premature, maybe it's a bit pie in the sky, but I can't help but catch myself thinking "just maybe".

A new man in charge, an invigorated club, an invigorated team, scoring goals, defending (mostly ;D) and I believe  I saw it written that we are higher in the league at this point in time than we were when we finished 2nd just a couple years back. We've played all the big boys at their grounds already....it's setting up nicely for Jürgen to take us marching to the top.

I'm sure people will tell me why I shouldn't dream....but I'm going to ignore them and dream anyway. COYR!
      Doesn't surprise me but that season we went on a run of winning like 13 PL games right after christmas. It would be very very impressive to match that.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #2: Dec 03, 2015 02:52:56 pm

No one stops anyone from dreaming!

But to achieve that would take monumental efforts. To start with, most of us are still utterly unconvinced with our form at Anfield (with the graveyard atmosphere a minor contributor) and that's why the bold part is the problem. Home is where we find it difficult to find the back of the net. Based on current form, we have 6 'winnable' fixtures - 4 away and 2 at home - before Arsenal and United come to Anfield.

Lets see where we are then and talk again on Jan-17. But I'm very optimistic on a top-4 now, finishing ahead of Spurs and Chelsea (no disrespect to Leicester)

Doesn't surprise me but that season we went on a run of winning like 13 PL games right after christmas. It would be very very impressive to match that.

Yup, we never lost a game between the 2 losses to Chelsea! End of Dec to End of Apr... that's quite something!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #3: Dec 03, 2015 02:55:59 pm
      I think most on here know my thoughts on this.

Of course we can win it.

Will we?

Who knows and time will tell but I think this squad along with Jürgen is capable.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4: Dec 03, 2015 03:04:28 pm
      The previous 10 games BK (Before Klopp) we won only one game.

The first 10 games AK  (After Klopp ) we have lost only one ("f**king" :) ) game.

We are staying grounded because of the three years BK.

Six points ?

The way the others are playing?

The fixtures we have second half of the season ?

FU*K YEH   !
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #5: Dec 03, 2015 03:21:28 pm

Not premature at all and if anybody tells you not to dream tell the miserable b***ard to go and swivel on it.

Paul Cope described it perfectly on TAW's post match 'The Pink' podcast last night so I'll repeat to an extent.

If you're not enjoying this now and are one of those people that says that they'll only be happy when we've actually won something then I struggle to see what you're in it for. You're missing out.

This is currently great and something, at this very early stage, is happening here and straight away I'm jumping right on board with the title talk. Again, coming close and failing come May can produce the knock on effect from over achieving but f**k it, this is supposed to be fun.  We over achieved in the 13/14 season but tell me: What season did you enjoy most during Rodgers' time here? (and don't any smart arses say this one ;) )

Title talk? I'm all over that sh*t! What's the worst that could happen? We don't win it? Well I'm numb to that pain but I'm not too accustomed to being in and enjoying title races.

Smile, sit comfortably, buckle up and enjoy the ride. Just get all over it, you'll enjoy it.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #6: Dec 03, 2015 03:21:43 pm
      Don't discount this season yet ppl, we're only six points adrift of top spot with more than half the season to go, last weekend we jumped up 4 places what with results elsewhere going our way,

I'm definately not giving up until it's mathematically impossible, with Klopp to bring in one or two of his players in Jan, and making us stronger, who's to say we won't go on a winning streak, perhaps that winning streak has already begun,

And no I'm not getting carried away, well maybe I am a wee bit but how can you not be ?

History tells us that when a manager is employed he invariably has his team playing better and better the more he spends with them on the training field, look how we were prior to Jürgen's arrival as to what we are like now after something like 10 weeks or so,
      So what of the next 10 weeks ? Ask yourselves this, come mid Feb do you think we will still be six pts of the top, or do you think that at this precise moment in time is simply a vane of form and that we will simply fall away,

Not to sound arrogant or pig headed, I believe we will be right in the mix, within the top 4, with the already won league cup sat in the trophy room, and continually battering teams into submission, we of course will still have little bumps along the way, but so will the other contenders, not one side is going to run away with it,

Can we dream 2015/16 ? Yes we can, for one title after another ?

BOSS THA !

YNWA
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 61 
      Reply #7: Dec 03, 2015 03:22:50 pm
      6 points isn't much at this stage of the season,with so many points to play for,and our closest rivals to play at home,so yes i think we can bring home no.19.  Klopp has got this team playing to a totally different level to BR,i have said on the Klopp thread,for me if Sturridge can stay fit,and it is a big if,he will bang the goals in all day long,we will defo be in with a shout come May.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #8: Dec 03, 2015 03:25:37 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #9: Dec 03, 2015 03:48:57 pm
      The PL standard in general is poor this season.

We have a very capable squad guided by a world class manager.

So we have as good a chance as anyone else in my opinion.

We Can. I Believe.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #10: Dec 03, 2015 03:53:47 pm
      Not premature at all and if anybody tells you not to dream tell the miserable b***ard to go and swivel on it.

Paul Cope described it perfectly on TAW's post match 'The Pink' podcast last night so I'll repeat to an extent.

If you're not enjoying this now and are one of those people that says that they'll only be happy when we've actually won something then I struggle to see what you're in it for. You're missing out.

This is currently great and something, at this very early stage, is happening here and straight away I'm jumping right on board with the title talk. Again, coming close and failing come May can produce the knock on effect from over achieving but f**k it, this is supposed to be fun.  We over achieved in the 13/14 season but tell me: What season did you enjoy most during Rodgers' time here? (and don't any smart arses say this one ;) )

Title talk? I'm all over that sh*t! What's the worst that could happen? We don't win it? Well I'm numb to that pain but I'm not too accustomed to being in and enjoying title races.

Smile, sit comfortably, buckle up and enjoy the ride. Just get all over it, you'll enjoy it.

Brilliantly put!

I'll dare to dream, cos it actually looks like it'll come to fruition in the next couple of seasons, however there is no reason why we can't get some gorgeous momentum going, and I truly believe this current form is just the beginning.

Even though I love our squad at present, what if we are surprised with a top signing in January which will get the goosebumps going with excitement. I don't expect a Reus type signing yet, but imagine lucking out with a player of the ilk of Lacazette?

In 2013-14 it was more in wonder for me and the belief grew. The only time I really thought the title was definitely ours was after the win over City.

Dare to dream guys. If you are a true Red, f**k realism, and dare to dream. I think this season is up for grabs as there are many so called upsets and no team is streaking clear. What's the worst that can happen? I'm sure we can all deal with disappointment as we've all had to come to terms, in our own ways with such a long Title drought.

Don't judge us for what we are now, believe that we can improve and the squad can still be bolstered in January with some fresh blood.

Watching the recent games against Chelsea and City and today's mauling, the fear factor is back, similar to how opposition defenders' body language looked in the days of El Pistolero.

You just never know.

YNWA
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #11: Dec 03, 2015 04:42:29 pm
      F**k it, if you can't dream and get excited then what's the point of being a football fan!? To be a cynical b***ard? F**k that, I want the excitement, the euphoria, even those terrible lows that make the highs so much better! And who's to say any of us can't enjoy that!?

Football is fun again, so can we win the league, of course we can! We can win the whole lot, and have a party trying to do it! And I'll tell you what, Jürgen throws a great party!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #12: Dec 03, 2015 04:54:21 pm
      Do we dream? Of course.

Will we? (Highly) Likely not.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #13: Dec 03, 2015 05:06:09 pm
      Dream no not really......because .its not a dream its a very real possibility based on our recent performances.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #14: Dec 03, 2015 05:20:06 pm
      Of course we can dream!!  City are 1 long term injury to Aguero away from being mediocre.  Arsenal are already suffering an injury crisis and could stumble in the coming weeks.  Utd look the front runners at this point due to a very easy fixture list over the next 5 weeks, but we are in the same boat.  We have a pretty manageable schedule between now and January and if we can make up 2 or 3 points on Utd between now and then, then it's game on in the 2nd half of the season!!!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #15: Dec 03, 2015 05:51:33 pm
      I let myself get carried away in 2013/14 season and ended up bitterly dissapointed, I won't be making that mistake again, I'm going to keep my feet firmly on the ground, but I can't fail to be excited at the way Klopp has turned our fortunes around, there will be many twists and turns between now and the end of May and I'm going to enjoy every single one.

Fasten your safety belts folks, it's going to be one hell of a bumpy ride.

Can we win it? Yes, we can, BUT I'd be more than happy to finish in the top four with a final or two in the cup competitions, there is one thing I am sure of though, Jürgen Klopp will win the Premiership with Liverpool Football Club.  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

With this kind of passion behind us, who knows how far we can go  ;) ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #16: Dec 03, 2015 05:59:48 pm
      Were only 6 points off top spot.

League is ours to lose ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #17: Dec 03, 2015 06:19:41 pm
      Were only 6 points off top spot.

League is ours to lose ;D

;D

Boss Tha   Shabs mate.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #18: Dec 03, 2015 06:21:16 pm
      Realistically, we can't say where we can be. We might win it and we might target top 4 comfortably and a cup win.

With Klopp, we turned around losing 1-0 to wins: Bordeaux, Chelsea, Southampton. I can't remember ever doing that under Rodgers.

He gave the team and fans that belief, magic dust and urge to win.

Yes we can dream and God n klopp can do the rest :D
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 342 
      Reply #19: Dec 03, 2015 06:34:00 pm
      Instead of just dreaming, let's believe.  Then, as well as believing, expect.  There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #20: Dec 03, 2015 06:40:48 pm
      If we can keep our form and going into the new year with positive results in the next few weeks, why not. We just have to keep our consistency, drop as few points as possible and let others stumble along the way and we are in with a chance. Red cafe is shitting bricks at the moment and they know too well we're back big time.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,881 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #21: Dec 03, 2015 08:18:09 pm
      How can we not dream?

This man Klopp makes it possible. Didn't think we'd have as good as opportunity to win it once Suarez left, but I do believe again.

F**k, I don't even get worried if the other team scores first anymore, I know we have the mettle, the abilities and the desire to get us the 3 points everytime.

Roll on the rest of the Season and may the best team (that being us) win.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #22: Dec 04, 2015 09:26:49 am
      Dreaming is great and everyone should be encouraged to do it. For my part I'll offer up a bit of sobering analysis.

If Sturridge stays fit it is my guess that by the end of the season he could end up with 20 goals in the league. I know that would require a phenomenal effort (I think it's 18 goals in 25 games or something), but he's easily capable of that IMHO. On a side note, I actually think he could better that and is worth a bet for top goalscorer, you'll get a ridiculous price.

The league is awful this season, absolutely p!ss poor. Chelsea cannot win it but will improve, beating some of our rivals along the way. The Mancs cannot win it because they are in turmoil and no team has ever won it with a manager who gas a head like a totem pole, fact. Arsenal have got an unbelievable run of injuries and because of this IMHO, they cannot win it either. Leicester won't win it (although if we don't I hope they do) simply because they won't, while Tottenham won't either, for the same reason.

That leaves Man City who are absolute certainties, or they should be. The problem for them is, they have progressed in the Champions League this season, and we must all hope and prey that they get a good draw in the next round. Keep the f*ckers in there as long as possible and their star players lose all interest in games against Sunderland, Bournemouth and the like. Added to that, there's then the increased chance they'll end up playing Barcelona or Bayern in the last eight, huge hype and anticipation (with rested players in the league, distractions and lost points) before they get banjoed about 8-0 over two legs.

Can we win it? Yes. Will we? If Sturridge stays fit, my best guess is we'll be within 3 points of the top come the end of the season, whether that'll be ahead or behind only time will tell.

Quick Reply