Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (2.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (1.1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      4 (4.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      4 (4.3%)
      James Milner
      4 (4.3%)
      Emre Can
      14 (14.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      34 (36.2%)
      Adam Lallana
      4 (4.3%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      0 (0%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      27 (28.7%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Voting closed: Dec 19, 2015 06:05:00 pm

Liverpool 2-2 West Brom: In game and Post match debate

Read 36399 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 West Brom: In game and Post match debate
      Reply #506: Dec 13, 2015 06:17:59 pm
      Goal of the month if not the season by Origi.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #507: Dec 13, 2015 06:18:35 pm
      No, didn't look good Debs can only hope it's just a nasty knock rather than anything serious.

The lad should get a retrospective red card and it's harsh on Lovren because he was in some of his best form with us. I actually thought today was one of his best in recent weeks, apart from one poor pass which he recovered he was solid.

No it didn't look good Luke and the way some of the lads were looking on my impression was a possible broken leg.  Let's hope I'm totally wrong but it's ominous that nothing's been said by the media yet.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #508: Dec 13, 2015 06:19:28 pm
      Seriously, we can only give him that number of chances and time to improve and apparently he hasn't and time waits for no one and it has caused us precious point. If that much time and chances given and he hasn't improve that says so much about his quality.  Not getting into the top 4 because of his mistakes is going to cost us 30 mil in CL money. After tonight's performance I believe Klopp will start to take notice.

There's no doubt that the future of our goalkeepers will be on Klopp's mind tonight.

But I can see why he is playing him. He's just arrived at the club and he explicitly said everyone will get their chance - he doesn't want to undermine the players confidence by dropping players right left and centre. That time will come when judgement day arrives for these players. In Klopp's mind these games are 'auditions' for the players, without them knowing it. Because if Klopp can't improve them, nobody can.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #509: Dec 13, 2015 06:19:37 pm
      Just watching that Dortmund game and their fans are putting us to shame big time. Some atmosphere. Hopefully Klopp can go some way to bringing that here.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #510: Dec 13, 2015 06:20:16 pm
      Just a bad luck, gutted. Mignolet messed with the morale of the team - nothing is worse than work F***ing hard to get the goal we deserved then let one cheap in, ffs Migs. Some esp. young players (Can, Moreno) took quiet long to recover from there. Thought we were pretty strong second half, you just cant walk the ball in against these, crosses are needed but it takes time to get anticipation and chemistry right between team-mates. One of our better displays we just couldnt finish even sitters like Lallana. Hope Lovren is ok, just when hitting the form of his life Pulis´ cloggers set him back :( Well done boys, even so much hated Benteke shown he is capable of one touch footie and was a treat. I really like Klopp, what a fanatic.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #511: Dec 13, 2015 06:20:36 pm
      disappointed in our play for large chunks of the game

passing to slow, no looking to create much, floating straight balls into the box to often and only seemed to speed up when we were 2-1 down.

we went 1-0 up and for the next 5 minutes passed the ball around ourselves in the middle and the back, we should of been keeping a high tempo at that stage and using the frailties that they would of had, having just conceded.

Then Mignolet done his flappy bird impression and we looked shakey for the remainder of the half.

we concede far to many goals from silly positions and have the ability to pass to each other like strangers
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #512: Dec 13, 2015 06:20:37 pm
      Just watching that Dortmund game and their fans are putting us to shame big time. Some atmosphere. Hopefully Klopp can go some way to bringing that here.

Excuse me - did you not hear the fans at the end of the match? As the match wore on the fans got louder and louder. Let's not dwell on that - the fans did their bit today. Why do you think Klopp was pumped up and then brought the players to the KOP at the end.

This view is just really petty. The anger and anxiety was turned into a positive force tonight - yes there was a subdued sound during the first half but it is up to our guys to play well, and they did and the crowd felt that. Sadly, a couple of players let the other players, manager and fans down.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #513: Dec 13, 2015 06:21:55 pm
      Oh and Pawson is a f***in clown.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #514: Dec 13, 2015 06:24:02 pm

Horrible human being he is.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #515: Dec 13, 2015 06:26:48 pm
      Keeper and centre forward were shocking today a chance, no another chance to close the gap gone again...
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #516: Dec 13, 2015 06:32:22 pm
      Excuse me - did you not hear the fans at the end of the match? As the match wore on the fans got louder and louder. Let's not dwell on that - the fans did their bit today. Why do you think Klopp was pumped up and then brought the players to the KOP at the end.

This view is just really petty. The anger and anxiety was turned into a positive force tonight - yes there was a subdued sound during the first half but it is up to our guys to play well, and they did and the crowd felt that. Sadly, a couple of players let the other players, manager and fans down.
      Don't start getting defensive mate, it's well known among us that the atmosphere at Anfield these days is generally subdued and dull, to put it nicely.
      Redangel

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #517: Dec 13, 2015 06:34:23 pm
      No it didn't look good Luke and the way some of the lads were looking on my impression was a possible broken leg.  Let's hope I'm totally wrong but it's ominous that nothing's been said by the media yet.

I agree Debs, I said to DH that it looks like it's a broken leg. I truly hope for his sake we're wrong, it didn't look good though. Surely there has to be a retrospective Red for that, it was a horrendous challenge and he didn't even get  a yellow.
      Anyway, get well soon Dejan!

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #518: Dec 13, 2015 06:36:34 pm
      I agree Debs, I said to DH that it looks like it's a broken leg. I truly hope for his sake we're wrong, it didn't look good though. Surely there has to be a retrospective Red for that, it was a horrendous challenge and he didn't even get  a yellow.
      Anyway, get well soon Dejan!

Was a disgusting piece of dangerous play and even more disgusting is that the referee thought it was totally legitimate while at the same time he was giving soft free kicks against us. Pawson clearly proving that he is not cut out to referee at the highest level. Thought he was an embarrassment today and that's not even taking into account that he needed 10 seconds to seemingly make a decision.

A lightweight fraud of a referee.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #519: Dec 13, 2015 06:36:34 pm
      Gutted for Dejan he has worked so hard to get back into this side and show how good he can be and he has improved game after game.
      Fingers crossed for the lad
      Claudio
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #520: Dec 13, 2015 06:46:50 pm
      Liverpool Hospital Club...
      we're not so lucky when it comes to injuries.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #521: Dec 13, 2015 06:48:16 pm
      I noticed Gomez posted and then quickly deleted a get well soon message on facebook for Dejan and something about coming back stronger for it. That doesn't sound good to me.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #522: Dec 13, 2015 06:48:51 pm
      storophanthus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 16 
      Reply #523: Dec 13, 2015 06:50:13 pm
      I was disappointed with the crowd... I don't think most  visitors in Anfield today know how to sing the  Fields of Anfield Road, or they were so shy that they didn't try to sing along..

I saw when Klopp try to build the enthusiasm after Origi's Goal and some people with Liverpool accessories just stare at him and smile.. WTH!!!
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #524: Dec 13, 2015 06:53:24 pm
      We had the chance of buying Bogdanovic from Stoke. (He even said that he would be training at Anfield over the Summer.) Then we bought Mignolet. 

Another superb decision by the Committee.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #525: Dec 13, 2015 06:57:18 pm
      We had the chance of buying Bogdanovic from Stoke. (He even said that he would be training at Anfield over the Summer.) Then we bought Mignolet. 

Another superb decision by the Committee.

You mean Begovic?

Agreed though - remember it seemed to be between those two. Quite what inspired the committee and the management to plump for Mignolet....well I'll never know. Probably because it would have cost us about £5m less in transfer fee and overall wages....even though Mignolet's mistakes are probably now costing us about tens of millions of pounds in revenue money from competing at a higher level.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #526: Dec 13, 2015 07:04:47 pm
      any link to to the origi goal
      missed it as satellite signal went off for a few minutes after Origi entered the the pitch and came on again by the final whistle

how much more  time klopp want to give Mignolet a ''rest'' and play Bogdan, another crucial bad simon's decision  caused us 2 points I say

YNWA
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #527: Dec 13, 2015 07:20:02 pm
      Lots of focus on Mignolet but the biggest issue facing klopp is that without Sturridge we don't have the forward players to unlock a side that sits in, defends in numbers and invites crosses. It's the single biggest reason why we haven't put in one decent performance at home this season (best under Brendan or Jürgen). It such a shame that our best and most important player can't stay fit because his presence would solve the problem instantly.

Clearly we need a number 9 of genuine game changing ability come the January window, no two ways about it.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #528: Dec 13, 2015 07:21:53 pm
      For me, that was a career threatening challenge from Gardner. It has to be a retrospective ban on that challenge, and I guess 8 games. How the referee doesn't deal with that in the first instance though, is incredible. Everyone could see straight away it was a serious injury. Referee Pawson should receive a disciplinary procedure for failing to spot anything wrong. Utterly disgraceful!

Quick Reply