Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Watford 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post match discussion

Read 35573 times
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Re: Watford 3-0 Liverpool: In game and Post match discussion
      Reply #690: Dec 20, 2015 09:50:55 pm
      Today sum up why we never win league even with kloop as manger or any top manger we turn up against big teams sh*t against teams we should be beating we need look like other long term building job again
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #691: Dec 20, 2015 09:56:25 pm
      My player ratings:

Bogdan: Was unlucky with the first goal but should have just caught it then there wouldn't have been a problem. I thought he should have done better with the second too and he flapped like a penguin for the first hour or so. That said, he did make one good save and a couple of other decent ones, his clearing was instinctive and reliable, and he was playing behind a non existent defence. Hard to judge really, clearly not a great league debut but I wouldn't totally write him off. 3/10.

Clyne: As usual awful going forward and it's got to the point now where teams don't even bother closing him down. Worryingly his defensive solidity has evaporated along with his confidence, and he's proving those of us who said he was "7/10 every game merchant" totally wrong. Take today for example. 2/10.

Skrtel: Absolutely terrible from minute one, his defending for the second goal where he goes for it with the wrong foot was an embarrassment. 1/10.

Sakho: I can only hope he's nowhere near fit and that's not his true form. Brutal. 1/10.

Moreno: His usual brainless self mixed in with occasional brighter moments. Did actually try and get in on goal a couple of times so perhaps we are starting to work on that pattern, but then on the one occasion he did made a complete and utter nonsense of it. I said a few weeks ago that I'd take 20 million quid for him and copped a bit of flak, I stand wholeheartedly by my assessment. 3/10.

Lucas: WTF has happened to him? Absolutely useless in central defence but probably played better there than he did in midfield. Barely put a foot right. 1/10.

Can: Awful from start to finish. Some good lung busting recovery surges nudged him into 3/10 territory, but seeing him throw himself to the floor after receiving a minor slap and wasting OUR time when we were 2-0 down sickened me to the pit of my stomach. Where is the fight in the lad, where is the devil? It's an image that I'll have to work hard to erase, and he has become in that one moment one of my least favourite of our players. 0/10.

Henderson: Terrible, but by a distance our best player. Actually looked like he gave a sh!t which made him stick out like a sore thumb, had two shots on target and one absolutely woeful cross, and ran around a bit. Comfortably on the basis of that my MOM. 5/10.

Firmino: Absolutely stunk the place out. His haircut is starting to annoy the f*** out of me, as is the silly tattoo on his neck. A player who was today devoid of any backbone or desire, he was a disgrace to the shirt. 0/10.

Lallana: The king of the halfway line step-over. Contributed precisely zero to the cause, and seeing his perfectly coiffured locks in an advert for Head & Shoulders at half time was enough to make me wretch. His attempt to block a near post corner at the end of the first half is a video clip we ought to play to him before he leaves the dressing room should he ever wear our shirt again. As things stand he is a parody of a professional footballer, all the wealth and trappings to go with his bags of ability, but in a red shirt he is stealing a living. 0/10.

Coutinho: Awful but played two decent passes as I remember. One to Henderson, one to Clyne. 4/10.

Subs:.

Origi: Did more than most. 3/10.

Benteke: As above, should have started lets be brutally honest. 3/10.

Ibe: If he doesn't offer more than either Lallana or Firmino, I'm Steve McClaren and you can Schpank me and call me Betty. 3/10.

Jürgen. Not a good day. Given the pitch, the weather and the opponent our whole approach was miles off what we needed. We definitely should have started with either Benteke, Origi or both.

A plus for the Ibe/ McClaren comment :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #692: Dec 20, 2015 10:03:34 pm
      I just read that in a Chinese accent and think you should now defo change your name to China.

Why should he bother if he has such a lack of faith?
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2015 03:17:11 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #693: Dec 20, 2015 10:05:22 pm
      Bizarre post. Why should he bother if he has such a lack of faith?

What?
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #694: Dec 20, 2015 10:11:17 pm
      Utter bloody garbage from the first seconds,I mean honestly what the F**k was that as a performance??.
      I really cannot think of a more spinless gutless display in recent memory.
      Only Henderson comes out of this car crash of a game with any mark of respect the rest laughable and it was probably a massive wake up call to Jürgen.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #695: Dec 20, 2015 10:12:21 pm
      He's right though, we only seem to play well in big games, it's so frustrating!

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #696: Dec 20, 2015 10:14:39 pm
      Yeah I got that Chinese vibe when I read that  :)

He's right though, we only seem to play well in big games, it's so frustrating!

I know mate. Not sure how we would have done today against absolutely anybody, though.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #697: Dec 20, 2015 10:17:10 pm
      What do these players have in common  :-

Lucas
      Can
      Lallana
      Firminho
      Coutinho

They're in the engine room. I personally believe this is where the real problem is, they're very technical players but weak and slow. When come up against strong, fast and physical players, all of them will struggle and has struggled as what I have seen in the last few matches. BR and the committee when they bought these players maybe thinking of a foreign league because non of them were professional footballers before. When teams don't press us, these players are world beaters, when they do press us we're a bunch of losers. Therefore, we have far too many lightweighs in our squad and that may explain why our performance varies from opponent to opponent. Klopp could put up the best formation, and i don't find much to complain before the game started today, however, when our players do not have the physical attributes combine with the skills we will somewhat neutralised in many ways and we have seen that in the last few matches. 

Good post mate. Just highlighted this part and I think you're pretty much on the money there. For me, midfield has been as bigger issue as any of our more obvious 'problem' areas.

This is why only a small handful on here appreciate the work James Milner does because he does have that engine and physicality that said players in your post lack albeit Can; who doesn't have the mobility like Milner to cover ground.

He isn't the complete midfielder by any stretch and lacks creativity and the vision and weight for the sublime passes. But he works his arse off and gets about the pitch and never gives up. He does add steel to the midfield if nothing else, and I think our record with him in the side is much better than without.

Obviously, what we need is the complete midfielder (ala Gerrard in his pomp), which Milner, Henderson and possibly Can may never be. At least however, Milner's head will never drop and it appears we missed him again today.

We need a Rolls Royce in there because these Rovers will continue to cough and splutter.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #698: Dec 20, 2015 11:19:04 pm

This is why only a small handful on here appreciate the work James Milner does because he does have that engine and physicality that said players in your post lack albeit Can; who doesn't have the mobility like Milner to cover ground.

Gotto agree 100% on that and he has the tendency to foray into the opposition box where not too many of our players have the courage to do so. Looks like a few more Milners and Jimmy Cases will be most welcome from now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #699: Dec 20, 2015 11:50:46 pm
      What a mess that was...

1) 9 corners we had.. they had 7.. why does Coutinho continuously take a sh*t corner?..and each time the ball did come in we had nothing to meet it..

Moreno took the majority of our corners today...
      In fact, I dont even remember Coutinho taking one?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #700: Dec 20, 2015 11:52:12 pm
      The James Milner thing is a very fair point indeed. Nobody can say for certain that if Milner had played we wouldn't have turned in our most gutless performance for the whole season, but my guess is we wouldn't.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #701: Dec 21, 2015 12:30:27 am
      woeful performance from start to finish.

keeper was absolute dogs
      defense was poor all across the back line, getting beat very easily, horrible on the ball, playing slow passes, poor positioning and showing no desire
      midfield was just as bad, playing sloppy slow passes, coming 2nd to everything, poor work rate, no invention
      attack - i didn't see one. only Origi came on and showed some sort of desire
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #702: Dec 21, 2015 12:59:26 am
      Hmm....

I'm sorry but Liverpool beat City and Chelsea it's because Klopp is brilliant. Liverpool lose to Palace, West Brom and Watford it's because of Rogers' team. You cannot have it both ways. It's simply not fair and ignorant judgement reserved for the moronic and narrow minded. Klopp tactically got it wrong today, clear as daylight. Look at the pitch and look at the game we tried to play, all wrong from start to finish. The only difference is that I think Klopp will address and fix these errors where as towards BR's ending run I didn't think he could.

We have the team we just need them to pick themselves up and figure out what type of football Liverpool should be playing at this time.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #703: Dec 21, 2015 03:21:21 am

Was directed towards Ireland - apologies.

Irregardless of the result today it's overreaction to be reading posts from Ireland that says we'll 'never win the league' even with Klopp in charge. That's what I mean with regards to 'lack of faith'. But in the context of such a bad defeat, it's understandable for people to be hot headed in their responses.

Having said that, Klopp will be at this club long after some of those players on the field yesterday have gone through the exit door.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #704: Dec 21, 2015 07:05:58 am
      Sad-Sad-Sad, that is a sad for each Watford goal. Without a doubt we have got to bring 3 players in in the January window to add strength right through the middle from goalie to striker. We  have had enough of underperforming and overpaid players and it is time for a major clear out.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1627 
      Reply #705: Dec 21, 2015 07:08:52 am
      Still fuming , not because we lost because the players let us down with such a gutless piss poor performance I can remember from a team in red , they should be fvkin ashamed when they walk into melwood today and see that badge they are supposed to be representing , truthfully if I turned in for work and performed like that id be fcked off out the door , I think quite a few of them will and should be getting that come the summer .
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #706: Dec 21, 2015 07:29:21 am
      for sure,One thing came out  from this game, we just don't have a leader in the squad, hendo is trying but seems nobody of the others take notice, every one of them playing as a single not as a  team
      not saying that the game would have changed, but I think , with all his weakness we missed milners aggressivity in this one
      we lost nearly all ball disputes in all the 90 minutes
      just 1 point  from a very possible (and that came in the last minute) 9 in the last 3 games
      And I, like most , was confident of going into the Leicester game with a very better position and confidence
       I don't know now , ranieri's team is more in form than Watford,and flying , I am really afraid to play them now , even if LIVERPOOL are at home, just hope they prove me very wrong, its going to be a hard one ,me think

YNWA
      chappers
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #707: Dec 21, 2015 08:44:38 am
      i think klopp got alot of work to do, some new players in the next window and next season hope he can sort it out with his own team
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,646 posts | 6942 
      Reply #708: Dec 21, 2015 09:05:14 am
      Problem we've got is that we already have to win the next 10 games to even get to a 2 points per game average.

We've played 17 games and we've got the points total of winning 8 games (24pts).  Really really poor season so far.

Points totals after 17 games (last 12 years)

38 2008 Benitez
      37 2005 Benitez
      36 2013 Rodgers
      33 2007 Benitez
      30 2011 Dalglish
      28 2006 Benitez
      27 2009 Benitez
      25 2004 Benitez
      24 2015 Rodgers/Klopp
      22 2010 Hodgson
      22 2012 Rodgers
      22 2014 Rodgers

2010-2015 will not go down as a glorious half-decade in the history of LFC.
      Tadders

• 6,785 posts | 573 
      Reply #709: Dec 21, 2015 10:05:10 am
      Tactics, pressing, leaders, motivation, whatever - if you don't have a goalkeeper who can catch a ball forget it.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #710: Dec 21, 2015 10:24:02 am
      It might sound a bit off but this result means will smash LC on Boxing Day.

At the moment they fear no-one and rightly so but this does mean they’ll think we're there for the taking and they'll go for us big time... let them!! I reckon we will smash these 4-0...

NB... this idea is the only thing keeping me going at the moment so please just humour me!! ;)
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Reply #711: Dec 21, 2015 10:26:53 am
      I welcome your optimism, mate!

I need a bit of that right now.  Where'd you get it from?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #712: Dec 21, 2015 10:29:45 am

Funny, I remember you saying that Klopp would have that team in the top 4 when Brendan was in charge! I also remember you saying that Brendan wasn't responsible for the signings of Firmino, Moreno, Can, Sakho, players that had a poor game today.
      You're anti Brendan Bullshit will surely die out eventually, but feel free to use it in the meantime when Jürgen gets it wrong!

I have faith in Klopp, he will turn things around with a few minor adjustments to the team he has.

Oh and don't worry about there not.being anymore overhauls, FSG can always cash in on Coutinho when.Barca come calling next summer!

Ignore the tw*t! His 'F**k-Brendan' tirades have gone beyond the last nerve, that some don't even bother anymore. This idiot hailed the signings of Firmino, Can and Sakho who all had a 0/10 performance last night! His logic is 'Win- its Klopp, Lose- its Brendan'!

Quick Reply