Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Sunderland v Liverpool Weds 30th Dec 19:45KO

Read 11042 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Sunderland v Liverpool Weds 30th Dec 19:45KO
      Reply #23: Dec 28, 2015 06:56:07 am
      I am going for a win for us but Borini and Coates will be out to stop us getting the 3 points,they will not succeed though.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #24: Dec 28, 2015 07:40:47 am
      Really think this will be a more testing game for us than Leicester was. Fat Sam loves to beat us and will send out a team to really try to bully us just as Watford and WBA did.

Set pieces and long balls will be the name of the game from Fat Sam with plenty of balls played into the corners for his players to battle for.

We really need to be up for this game, not treating it as 3 points already in the bag.

I would stick with Benteke for this one, not only for his goals but because I think we will need him defending set pieces too. I think we will make some changes for this game even though we have the "extra day" recuperation. Hopefully some of our walking wounded will return for this one but more likely Allen or Lucas will come in.

I think we will win, but I don't expect it to be easy.   

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #25: Dec 28, 2015 08:20:38 am
      F**k, didn't realise/forgot fat Sam managed these.

Let's race into a 3 nil lead, and have Klopp looking at his watch!

And show the 'Its-over' sign!  :laugh:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #26: Dec 28, 2015 08:35:52 am
      Probably worth putting in here as well as the player thread:

https://twitter.com/pjoyceexpress/status/681247487819145216
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #27: Dec 28, 2015 08:49:00 am
      Moreno and Clyne have been massively overused. If they play on Wed and Sat again then a hamstring sh*te is more than likely. Milner on for Clyne vs Sunderland, Enrique to start at West Ham.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #28: Dec 28, 2015 08:53:41 am
      Same team. Benteke for Origi.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #29: Dec 28, 2015 09:03:16 am
      I hate Fat Sam with an absolute passion.

Any win will do.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #30: Dec 28, 2015 09:43:57 am
      Sunderland are sh*te even Lallana should score here.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,178 posts | 527 
      Reply #31: Dec 28, 2015 10:20:40 am
      Sunderland are sh*te even Lallana should score here.

And so were Newcastle, and look what happened there. No easy games in the Prem this year, when will people wake up to that.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #32: Dec 28, 2015 10:23:12 am
      And so were Newcastle, and look what happened there. No easy games in the Prem this year, when will people wake up to that.

There is "easier" games and this is one of them depending of course on which LFC turn up, the one which played Leicester or Watford?

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #33: Dec 28, 2015 10:33:07 am
      This is going to back into the jungle for us, and we've proved we ain't exactly the VC so far.

Some known knowns about Sunderland.

1. Forget that they are at Home, they will park the bus, the refreshment van and the under-14's mini bus.

2. If it moves they will kick it. Note to Firmino & Lallana, if it doesn't move they will kick it until it does. You may as well move.

3. They will not make the slightest attempt to play football Jürgen. They will launch it into our half and then attempt to initiate a bar room brawl somewhere in the vicinity.

4. From attacking set piece situations they will be dangerous, Fat Heads teams always are. Defensive set-pieces? I shouldn't think against us that will come into play.

5. Simon Mignolet used to play for them, and he is dodgy from crosses. They will get people around him and bombard him.

6. F*** knows who it is, but they've probably got someone who can take a throw in like a scud missile.

7. The ground will be packed, they will scrap like two ferrets in a sack and it will be a highly charged atmosphere. The Sunderland players will run until they drop.

8. If they score first we will be bang up against it.

There, if we formulate a game plan which takes all that into account we'll be fine. If though Jürgen chooses to completely ignore my advice just like he did in my "are we prepared to lose" thread, I may stop giving it. I haven't slept worrying about that, and even more importantly my forum credibility is shot to pieces.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #34: Dec 28, 2015 10:57:52 am
      Not sure about Sunderland parking the bus, they  need 3 points badly. If we let them have the ball and stay compact like we did in some phases vs Leicester they´ll have to come forward, leaving space behind for counter-attacks. Its a two ways street tho, when a fast break isnt on and they have all men behind the ball we wont do much without Benteke up top, Firmino is not a striker and never will be. Shame we dont have a Ings for this one, a versatile type against any sort of opposition set-up.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #35: Dec 28, 2015 11:01:46 am
      This is going to back into the jungle for us, and we've proved we ain't exactly the VC so far.

Some known knowns about Sunderland.

1. Forget that they are at Home, they will park the bus, the refreshment van and the under-14's mini bus.

2. If it moves they will kick it. Note to Firmino & Lallana, if it doesn't move they will kick it until it does. You may as well move.

3. They will not make the slightest attempt to play football Jürgen. They will launch it into our half and then attempt to initiate a bar room brawl somewhere in the vicinity.

4. From attacking set piece situations they will be dangerous, Fat Heads teams always are. Defensive set-pieces? I shouldn't think against us that will come into play.

5. Simon Mignolet used to play for them, and he is dodgy from crosses. They will get people around him and bombard him.

6. F*** knows who it is, but they've probably got someone who can take a throw in like a scud missile.

7. The ground will be packed, they will scrap like two ferrets in a sack and it will be a highly charged atmosphere. The Sunderland players will run until they drop.

8. If they score first we will be bang up against it.

There, if we formulate a game plan which takes all that into account we'll be fine. If though Jürgen chooses to completely ignore my advice just like he did in my "are we prepared to lose" thread, I may stop giving it. I haven't slept worrying about that, and even more importantly my forum credibility is shot to pieces.

Yep, very similar to tactics employed by Pulis if I'm not mistaken!!

What is this credibility you speak of bigmick    :f_whistle:

YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #36: Dec 28, 2015 11:09:42 am
      Looking at our opponents and results over the past 6 weeks the pools panel would have this down as a home win.

Looking at Sunderland's results they'd have it down as an away win!

Let's go out of 2015 with another win because these games, no matter what the current state of a Liverpool side is, should be games that we win.

Barring some referee interventions I will be very disappointed if we don't get all three points.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37: Dec 28, 2015 12:07:35 pm
      If we play with the same passion and commitment as we did against Leicester then we win, if its the same lacklustre pussy performance as against Watford then we lose, its as simple as that. I fancy us to win though and it would be very nice to win comfortably again.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #38: Dec 28, 2015 12:23:23 pm
      Yep, very similar to tactics employed by Pulis if I'm not mistaken!!

What is this credibility you speak of bigmick    :f_whistle:

YNWA

Haha it's zero mate, I'm painfully aware of the fact!
      marska43
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | 14 
      Reply #39: Dec 28, 2015 01:20:58 pm
      This game has the potential to be a headache for us. I can absolutely see Sunderland sitting in deep and playing on the counter. Hopefully, being at home they will try not to do that for their fans' sake. Defoe is always a threat for a goal against the run of the play, and they way we've been on set pieces, if Fletcher plays he will be a danger in that area. And Borini will a point to prove. On our side, I can see either Clyne or Moreno getting a break with either Randall or Smith sliding in. With Benteke in for Origi, I'd like us to remain the same as we can go 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 or even 4-3-3, and change on the fly if needed again. With the (non)consistency factor of both teams, we could either lose this 1-0 or smash them 4-0. Impossible to predict, but we need to catch fire here and keep gaining points as those above us drop them as they did on Boxing Day.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #40: Dec 28, 2015 01:52:39 pm
      even more importantly my forum credibility is shot to pieces.

I was thinking about this earlier, and I reckon I've just about got is sussed out if you wanted to make a real statement just bin all your posts mate. . It may arguably make you slightly less likely to get pluses (I don't think it would), but I reckon it'd be worth it both to send out a message, AND to have a look at some alternative posts.

:)
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #41: Dec 28, 2015 02:06:12 pm
      This game has the potential to be a headache for us. I can absolutely see Sunderland sitting in deep and playing on the counter. Hopefully, being at home they will try not to do that for their fans' sake. Defoe is always a threat for a goal against the run of the play, and they way we've been on set pieces, if Fletcher plays he will be a danger in that area. And Borini will a point to prove. On our side, I can see either Clyne or Moreno getting a break with either Randall or Smith sliding in. With Benteke in for Origi, I'd like us to remain the same as we can go 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 or even 4-3-3, and change on the fly if needed again. With the (non)consistency factor of both teams, we could either lose this 1-0 or smash them 4-0. Impossible to predict, but we need to catch fire here and keep gaining points as those above us drop them as they did on Boxing Day.
      Shame that apart from raw Randall and Smith, we dont have any semi-competent full back to step in. Thats why I opt for Milner if hes fit - Sunderland wont give us a hard time on quick wing play so James should be ok there if hes fit to start.

The last thing we need is for one of our full backs to get injured at SOLight. You better rest them on Wednesday to bring them back fresh on Saturday rather than risk an injury against a big Sams thuggs.

Not sure what the story is with Enrique. I see pictures of him training. Sure hes not good enough, but at least bringing him on when the game is over would give one of our fullbacks more time to relax and be fresh ahead of tough encounter against West Ham less than 2 days later.

Thanks god these two young lads of ours are not injury prone and have a lot of energy. Jürgen can start them as long as they are fit..

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #42: Dec 28, 2015 02:43:19 pm
      , a

Mate, I love reading your posts, you make a lot of sense and I regard you as one of the wisest and most knowledgeable poster's, so your credibility is assured, no worries.

YNWA

Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,178 posts | 527 
      Reply #43: Dec 28, 2015 03:09:25 pm

Mick,

keep posting fella, I enjoy your posts don't always agree with them, but its all about opinions mate.
      Where this place goes wrong along with most forums, is people take some statements to heart. Obviously there will be the knobs and dickheads, but you have to try and ignore them and that bit is not always easy.

At least 99% on here are ok.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #44: Dec 28, 2015 03:19:58 pm
      I was thinking about this earlier, and I reckon I've just about got is sussed out if you wanted to make a real statement just bin all your posts mate. . It may arguably make you slightly less likely to get pluses (I don't think it would), but I reckon it'd be worth it both to send out a message, AND to have a look at some alternative posts.

:)

I think I had better make sure people know I was just taking the piss out of your opening post in the What if Jürgen binned the lot of em against Leicester? Are we prepared to lose? thread before I start getting hate mail :)

I was thinking about this earlier, and I reckon I've just about got is sussed out if Jürgen wanted to make a real statement. It may arguably make us slightly less likely to win (I don't think it would), but I reckon it'd be worth it both to send out a message, AND to have a look at some alternative players.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #45: Dec 28, 2015 03:59:30 pm
      I think I had better make sure people know I was just taking the piss out of your opening post in the What if Jürgen binned the lot of em against Leicester? Are we prepared to lose? thread before I start getting hate mail :)

I got it and liked it mate, but you did the right thing explaining it. Saves yourself a job later on  :-\.

Quick Reply