Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your LFC MotM?

Mignolet
      (0%)
      Clyne
      (4.7%)
      Lovren
      (45.8%)
      Sakho
      (12.1%)
      Moreno
      (2.8%)
      Henderson
      (3.7%)
      Can
      (14%)
      Lallana
      (0.9%)
      Firmino
      (3.7%)
      Coutinho
      (0%)
      Benteke
      (10.3%)
      Lucas
      (0.9%)
      Ibe
      (0%)
      Touré
      (0.9%)

Sunderland 0:1 Liverpool. In game and post match debate.

Read 28246 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Re: Sunderland 0:1 Liverpool. In game and post match debate.
      Reply #598: Dec 30, 2015 11:47:34 pm
      Was out with family tonight so just finished watching the game on Sky+.

Happy to get the win. I thought the two centre-halves were excellent tonight, especially Sakho, am VERY surprised to see Lovren getting all the mom votes ahead of the Frenchman tonight because I thought he was a colossas and also used the ball really well. I thought Can had an excellent game as well and Firmino had some bright moments and worked his socks off. Sorry to grizzle but that's about it on the positive front from me.

Was disappointed with the performance against a very poor Sunderland side. Jürgen seemed equally peeved off with the way we played for large chunks of the game but for some reason didn't make any tactical changes until the 80th minute. It was clear from about 10 minutes into the game that we needed a wide player on the pitch. I know he got a touch on the ball for the goal but I would have subbed the anonymous Lallana on 60 minutes. We're playing with three number 10s but they don't have any real movement in front of them. Benteke grew into the game and scored another winning goal but I fear for our longer term prospects of the manager can't bring in a different type of number 9. Lack of width in general is killing us, Clyne tries his best and he did/does ok but for me, Moreno is woeful on the ball, he is so one footed and is scared if he has the ball for more than 2 seconds at a time. One good cross every 180 minutes is about all he offers from an offensive point of view.
      « Last Edit: Dec 31, 2015 12:01:01 am by Scottbot »
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #599: Dec 30, 2015 11:47:56 pm
      It looks like we lost 0-4 given the post game analysis.

"We have a poor keeper", who kept the most clean sheets in 2015.

"We have a poor defence" that just kept two clean sheets at the busiest time of the year.

"Benteke is crap" for a man who got us two goals, two wins, and a MOTM.

"We create nothing", for a side that had 17 goal attempts against Allardyce's bunch of rugby players.

The performance wasn't jaw dropping, but it didn't need to be, and I've seen worse. We just had to win, which we did. Offer me a 1-0 win at Sunderland in mid-winter, I'll take that, just as I did last year. Very few sides got 6 points from 6 this Christmas. We did.

The thing is, I couldn't care less if our defence is poor, Benteke is crap and we create nothing so long as we keep on winning. The march up the table is all I care about.
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #600: Dec 30, 2015 11:52:18 pm
      Get a f**king life.
      We f**king won.
      We got three points and advanced on our rivals.

Bottom line that isn't it. Plenty of people said before the game words to the effect of 'get the points and get out' and we have done that.

sh*t, sh*t performance, but we won to make it back to back clean sheets and wins and that'll do me.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #601: Dec 30, 2015 11:58:19 pm
      The thing is, I couldn't care less if our defence is poor, Benteke is crap and we create nothing so long as we keep on winning. The march up the table is all I care about.

:D ;) xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Right on. 3 POINTS

:aaliverpool2xt1: :ernaehrung004: :food-smiley-005:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #602: Dec 31, 2015 12:03:15 am
      A big positive is that we worked hard and earned the win, the attacking quality on display was utter crap and we have to get rid of Benteke, not a natural striker and will never be good enough. Can we also please get rid of Lallana, what the actual F**k does he bring to the team?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #603: Dec 31, 2015 12:03:19 am
      That surely was a case of winning ugly ,  will take it all dsy long ,  champagne footy can wait for the spring sunshine ,  and a new player or two .
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #604: Dec 31, 2015 12:06:47 am
      We're pretty lightweigh in midfield,one or two robust DM  and a striker with a killer instinct will be most welcome and will take us a long way.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #605: Dec 31, 2015 12:08:06 am
      A fair few free kicks they got in some danger areas. We didn't seem unduly bothered by them which is a surprise given our tendency to make even the worst set piece sides look quality!

Serious SERIOUS test at Upton Park awaits. Quite frankly, the likes of Firmino, Coutinho and Lallana are going to have to shape up for their A game for that one or else we'll get nothing.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #606: Dec 31, 2015 12:11:22 am
      Bottom line that isn't it. Plenty of people said before the game words to the effect of 'get the points and get out' and we have done that.

sh*t, sh*t performance, but we won to make it back to back clean sheets and wins and that'll do me.

Wins are important but seeing your weaknesses/limitations (especially considering the glaring obviousness of them against one of the worst sides in any top league in Europe) are the way to improve in the future.

Right now Benteke is a weakness. Yes he scored, but he's had his arse placed on the bench behind a 20 year old and an unconventional striker in Firmino. The only reason he's playing is injuries. He isn't clinical, he doesn't put in a shift (this morning he was better, though), loses way too many headers for a bloke that is nearly in the clouds and he doesn't get his arse about when we have the ball and provide his teammates with runs to pick out. To add insult, we paid £32.5m for him and it's a F***ing mess.

Stick a proper striker in front of Firmino and Coutinho and they'll come to life. Criticise Robbie but he's just like Coutinho and we all know he can be F***ing deadly but he needs movement up top to come to life. Add a striker who makes runs, drags defenders and creates doubts in the defence's minds and all of a sudden Coutinho and Firmino take control of the game.

Confused as to how our fans especially can defend his performances considering we've had Sturridge, Suarez and Torres all playing for us for nearly the past decade collectively. Their movement destroys(ed) teams. Benteke makes us predictable.

EDIT: Just a last "F**k you" to Kevin Friend. Comfortably the worst ref in the league. Cockhead.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #607: Dec 31, 2015 12:16:21 am
      Why do every other team's players seem to work harder than ours? Our boys (bar a couple) don't look to be putting 100% of themselves into the games. Maybe I'm being too harsh because want to see us smash team's, but it just looks that way to me.
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #608: Dec 31, 2015 12:21:27 am
      Wins are important but seeing your weaknesses/limitations (especially considering the glaring obviousness of them against one of the worst sides in any top league in Europe) are the way to improve in the future.

Right now Benteke is a weakness. Yes he scored, but he's had his arse placed on the bench behind a 20 year old and an unconventional striker in Firmino. The only reason he's playing is injuries. He isn't clinical, he doesn't put in a shift (this morning he was better, though), loses way too many headers for a bloke that is nearly in the clouds and he doesn't get his arse about when we have the ball and provide his teammates with runs to pick out. To add insult, we paid £32.5m for him and it's a f**king mess.

Stick a proper striker in front of Firmino and Coutinho and they'll come to life. Criticise Robbie but he's just like Coutinho and we all know he can be f**king deadly but he needs movement up top to come to life. Add a striker who makes runs, drags defenders and creates doubts in the defence's minds and all of a sudden Coutinho and Firmino take control of the game.

Confused as to how our fans especially can defend his performances considering we've had Sturridge, Suarez and Torres all playing for us for nearly the past decade collectively. Their movement destroys(ed) teams. Benteke makes us predictable.

EDIT: Just a last "f**k you" to Kevin Friend. Comfortably the worst ref in the league. Cockhead.

Mate I 100% agree with you, after the game tonight was a programme on Michael Owen and Robbie Fowler and all i could think was how they would have had a field day tonight, natural finishers make a huge difference.

But tonight was never going to be easy, we all knew that beforehand, we always struggle in these games, but I would take that result tonight all day long, ending the year on a win, can't complain!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #609: Dec 31, 2015 12:22:22 am
      Why do every other team's players seem to work harder than ours? Our boys (bar a couple) don't look to be putting 100% of themselves into the games. Maybe I'm being too harsh because want to see us smash team's, but it just looks that way to me.

They're soft, mate.

The only two that would rather break their own leg making a tackle than stand by and let someone get away is Sakho and Lovren. Emre tries but he's buggered after half an hour.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #610: Dec 31, 2015 12:22:31 am

A few of them have been spoilt playing behind the mad man we had last season up front.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #611: Dec 31, 2015 12:26:04 am
      Mate I 100% agree with you, after the game tonight was a programme on Michael Owen and Robbie Fowler and all i could think was how they would have had a field day tonight, natural finishers make a huge difference.

But tonight was never going to be easy, we all knew that beforehand, we always struggle in these games, but I would take that result tonight all day long, ending the year on a win, can't complain!

Fair enough mate, i agree it was always going to be one of those games and happy to just get the win.

But that's why we're here in our arm chairs at full time :D We all hope the team learns and improves.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #612: Dec 31, 2015 12:26:18 am
      A few of them have been spoilt playing behind the mad man we had last season up front.

Balotelli ?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3895 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #613: Dec 31, 2015 12:28:05 am
      We've complained about the fact that, recently, LFC has failed to capitalise on the results of others.
      Well tonight we sit level with United thanks to doing exactly that.

Progress.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #614: Dec 31, 2015 12:29:27 am

Come on Saint you know I made a mistake with the timing there. Don't persecute me  :D

Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #615: Dec 31, 2015 12:31:25 am

I didn't have any real issues with our work rate tonight dude, the lads were terrible in the Watford game but I feel they have worked hard the past two games.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,625 posts | 760 
      Re: Live: Sunderland V Liverpool
      Reply #616: Dec 31, 2015 12:33:11 am

i watched bits and pieces while at work. Whats your point?

I watched other full games when match threads were just as negative and embarrassing where we ended up winning.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #617: Dec 31, 2015 12:34:12 am
      Came in to post pretty much that so ta mate.  ;)

I would've spelt day right though.  :D
      Haha mate its that fat finger syndrome on my phone .
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #618: Dec 31, 2015 12:34:59 am

This is what made me lose hope and give up at the start of the season. A majority of our players are simply in it for there themself. We have an exciting future under Klopp, and if these lot cannot get going for him then they simply need to piss of to a club who are happy for them to put in half assed performance. Chelsea and Man Utd seem to be the going trend! flog these lazy bas**rds to them!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,625 posts | 760 
      Reply #619: Dec 31, 2015 12:37:24 am
      Who ever thinks Robbie Fowler would 'bag lots of goals' in this team is misguided. Owen yes. Fowler. Up front on his own? ;D don't think so. He was never that kind of player.

But in saying that. Benteke is actually getting goals. So whats the moaning about? SMH.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #620: Dec 31, 2015 12:40:41 am
      I didn't have any real issues with our work rate tonight dude, the lads were terrible in the Watford game but I feel they have worked hard the past two games.

I thought it was more that we had a big problem pressing than our lack of work rate. We seemed to press for the first 10 mins in both halves, then spent the rest of both halves not knowing whether to press or get men behind the ball. 

Quick Reply