Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Alex Teixeira (Shakhtar Donetsk)

Read 87724 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1630 
      Re: Alex Teixeira (Shakhtar Donetsk)
      Reply #966: Feb 01, 2016 08:14:47 pm
      It gives the impression the TC are doing something positive.

That is probably the only impression you can take from it mate ,
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #967: Feb 01, 2016 08:44:26 pm
      "He wasn't value for money but we tried" stories incoming any moment now.

I'm astounded people actually believed we'd ever get this done. The club may or may not consider him 'worth' what they would have needed to pay but no one forced them to be so public about this.

Just like Konoplyanka this one. The same mistakes made from the same people involved, coincidence?

We may or may not go for him in the summer but I'd be astounded if we get him given summer won't be quite the same window of opportunity for us and more competition.
      And like Konoplyanka he'll end up going for a free to Spain some time down the road , strange one that seeing how we spent that whole January doing the same thing and getting the same result .We didn't strengthen that January either and look what happened .

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #968: Feb 01, 2016 09:24:27 pm
      And like Konoplyanka he'll end up going for a free to Spain some time down the road , strange one that seeing how we spent that whole January doing the same thing and getting the same result .We didn't strengthen that January either and look what happened .

Said earlier if he's nothing else Ian Ayre is consistent, he always comes home with F**k all.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #969: Feb 01, 2016 09:39:24 pm
      Said earlier if he's nothing else Ian Ayre is consistent, he always comes home with F**k all.
      Like the boy that went to the market to sell a cow and came back with some beans , except Ian brings back a tin of curried beans gone out of date since 2012 .

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #970: Feb 02, 2016 04:35:44 am
      I am one of those who said that they are asking for too much and we should wait until summer, but i have to admit that our club could have handled the situation a bit better.
      Like not contacting the player and agreeing the term with the player when we havent agreed the fee with the club. We made the impression on everybody that its just matter of time, including the player himself. He was giving interviews and taking pics with Liverpool fans in US.

If we had waited until agreeing the fee with the club before contacting Alex, then maybe their owner wouldnt have been so pissed because he seemed pissed from the interview he gave to SSN.
      Alex could also feel betrayed by us, so if we are going to bid for him in the summer and their is another club involved. This saga could bite us in the ass.

Wasnt the liverpool way, being quiet until the deal is done? now everybody is disappointed. the fans, Alex and their owner is pissed and its not like Alex is the last player shaktar will ever have, who we are interested in

And his blame lay the feet of the owner of Shakhtar. He even said we made a "very good offer".

Again, we didn't make any noise about him. Jürgen said "nothing to say" and all the sound bites were from Shakhtar.

ESPN Brasil said we were going in with a second bid and would likely get the deal done, not the Guardian or Express. What has been reported by credible sources (the Echo) is that negotiations have continued after Ayre flew back to the UK.

Again my point being that relying on media from people not even involved in negotiating or anything is a set up for letting yourself down. They don't know sh*t.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #971: Feb 02, 2016 09:19:11 am
      Next time it may be an idea to find out how much a player is before we go on a Jolly to the States.

It seems that not even Shaktar knew how much he was, these Ukranian clubs are notorious for this kind of stuff, F***ing bunch of gangsters, why any player would sign for them is beyond me, I feel for the lad. I think the club could have handled it a bit better but they tried to get a target but ultimately failed, no harm done.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #972: Feb 02, 2016 11:49:35 am
      Just come across this...

Let's hope they lower their asking price of Alex is going to be disappointed once again.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #973: Feb 02, 2016 12:46:37 pm
      Just come across this...

Let's hope they lower their asking price of Alex is going to be disappointed once again.

Luckily for JWH&Co hope springs eternal in the human breast.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #974: Feb 02, 2016 05:54:33 pm

Could mean offers to the player, the club and the agent.

Could mean we made the same amount of money in different types of payments.

It could mean anything.

Did you read the rest of it by the way? The bit where he said to trust the club and him on making these decisions?

EDIT: It seems you deleted your post.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #975: Feb 02, 2016 05:59:50 pm

It could mean anything.

Did you read the rest of it by the way? The bit where he said to trust the club and him on making these decisions?

Never trust anyone that says "trust me."

You can trust me on that.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #976: Feb 02, 2016 06:22:12 pm
      "I WANNA GO TO LIVERPOOL! I LOVE LIVERPOOL!"

Ends up at Chelsea.

I can see it now.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #977: Feb 02, 2016 06:23:00 pm

Ends up at Chelsea.

I can see it now.
      Exactly right.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #978: Feb 02, 2016 07:51:28 pm

Ends up at Chelsea.

I can see it now.

While we bring Aspas back on loan   :f_tongueincheek:
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #979: Feb 02, 2016 09:55:03 pm
      Maybe Jürgen realized that the whole squad needs upgrading, that's why he didn't want to splash a big sum of money on a single player...
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #980: Feb 02, 2016 10:22:18 pm

It could mean anything.

Yeah I deleted it, it was basically just petty.

While I disagree with you on this, I don't have an issue with you as a poster and it makes no difference to our situation now till summer.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #981: Feb 03, 2016 06:31:21 am
      I honestly don't see us going back in for this guy in the summer, just like Konoplanka??, I doubt we want to do business with that club again, and other targets will likely become available.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #982: Feb 03, 2016 12:05:52 pm
      That club in China that bought Ramires has just offered 50m euros for him.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #983: Feb 03, 2016 12:12:45 pm
      That club in China that bought Ramires has just offered 50m euros for him.

Where the F**k have these chinese club gotten their money all of a sudden? One other club also got Jackson martinez for 50m euros I think.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #984: Feb 03, 2016 12:46:08 pm
      Where the F**k have these chinese club gotten their money all of a sudden? One other club also got Jackson martinez for 50m euros I think.

Martinez is also now apparently the 5th highest paid player in the world :lmao:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #985: Feb 03, 2016 01:42:21 pm
      The Shakhtar boss has come out and said he's staying until the end of the season.

"The lad's not going anywhere. He's staying with us until the end of the season."
      http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/640685/Alex-Teixeira-Liverpool-Transfer-Target-Not-Moving-China-Shakhtar-Donetsk-Mircea-Lucescu
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #986: Feb 04, 2016 03:31:02 am
      Melissa Reddy(https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_) chats to other footballing Journalists about the Teixiera deal that fell through if any of you guys are bored and interested in listening :p

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2016/02/full-stop-another-belting-new-show/
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #987: Feb 04, 2016 12:51:18 pm
      Where the f**k have these chinese club gotten their money all of a sudden? One other club also got Jackson martinez for 50m euros I think.

The Chinese Government ordered the teams from the top division to invest more money into football.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #988: Feb 04, 2016 12:58:09 pm
      Ali baba!

Quick Reply