Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      9 (10.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (1.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      11 (13.3%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      7 (8.4%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      10 (12%)
      Roberto Firmino
      33 (39.8%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      4 (4.8%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      5 (6%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Joao Teixeira
      2 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Voting closed: Feb 27, 2016 08:08:03 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Augsburg: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 25279 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Augsburg: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Feb 26, 2016 12:52:59 pm
      But anyone out there who believes that on the type of performance with displayed yesterday evening has to be deluded...

Don't understand what you mean - believes what?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #507: Feb 26, 2016 01:04:36 pm
      I am just glad we got thru the tie - onwards and upwords as they say.

A thought:
      How about this Augsburg keeper. He commands his area and looks very good.

I would gladly swap Mignolet for Augsburg keeper. He looks good. Why not buy him and send Mignolet on loan? We can do lot worse then this Augsburg keeper.

Yeah the thought crossed my mind, he looked okay didn't. Shouldn't really judge him on one performance against us mind but from that showing he's probably worth keeping an eye on.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #508: Feb 26, 2016 01:39:52 pm
      Maybe Klopp requires the experience of Hendo & Milner at this stage of the season in Europe & the final?..
      Maybe, but it detracts from our general play at present, plus there are quite a few experience players on the pitch at present for us and I feel we would benefit from the boldness and audaciousness of youth in the team. Also there in no natural leader on the pitch, and Henderson or Milner does not fit the bill, just feel we need to teak things at present, until Klopp cn start to get his players in next season
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #509: Feb 26, 2016 01:58:20 pm
      Aren't those alarm bells ringing in your ears about how much pish you talk!

Ffs fella give your heid a wobble.

YNWA
      Tbh mate probably not, but we could sneak it, that's possible too, who thought in 2005, we'd be champions,  no f**ker gave us a prayer then did they?

YNWA
      Yes  we could sneak it, That is possible.... But I feel in doing that some here would see that as justification that most of the players we have at present are good enough and that would be a grave mistake....

I for one Knew that we would win in 2005, Told a friend; an Arsenal supporter during half time " I don't know how we will come back, but I know we will, because all during the CL season and has it progress i have been telling anyone who listened that our (LFC) name is on that cup, I Know it i"...... That something I just knew. It was not hoping it would happen, or believing, having faith it would.... It was knowing

Don't know if your a gambling man... But those of you who back horses will know what I mean.... If is like when you are looking at a racing guide and a horse jumps out at you for no reason, you go back and read the form on it, and can find no reason to back it, sometimes you do and sometimes you don't but the horse will Always win..... That's the same feeling I had in 2005. I JUST KNEW
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #510: Feb 26, 2016 02:01:26 pm
      Again the result was much better than the performance, although we could and should have won much more comfortably.

We are through... that's all that really matters.

I am becoming concerned with the poor level and how out of form quite a few of our players are playing at the moment. We really do need to up our game. Poor finishing, wrong choices and poor passing made this game much more difficult than it needed to be.

The most worrying thing for me for Sunday is with a couple of exceptions that was as strong a team as we can put out at the moment. I think Toure and Flanagan will both be back for the final, but apart from those changes not many options of strengthening the team.

I don't think the balance is right in our midfield but I don't think individually they are as bad as some are saying...they just don't seem to work well as a group.

Great to progress, but we will need to up our levels (especially our finishing)if we are going to progress further in this competition.

Corners... wtf.   
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,231 posts | 8572 
      Reply #511: Feb 26, 2016 02:25:13 pm
      Yes  we could sneak it, That is possible.... But I feel in doing that some here would see that as justification that most of the players we have at present are good enough and that would be a grave mistake....

I for one Knew that we would win in 2005, Told a friend; an Arsenal supporter during half time " I don't know how we will come back, but I know we will, because all during the CL season and has it progress i have been telling anyone who listened that our (LFC) name is on that cup, I Know it i"...... That something I just knew. It was not hoping it would happen, or believing, having faith it would.... It was knowing

Don't know if your a gambling man... But those of you who back horses will know what I mean.... If is like when you are looking at a racing guide and a horse jumps out at you for no reason, you go back and read the form on it, and can find no reason to back it, sometimes you do and sometimes you don't but the horse will Always win..... That's the same feeling I had in 2005. I JUST KNEW

Everyone going to Istanbul felt the same, didn't even enter our heads we were playing one of the best teams in Europe at the time!!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,231 posts | 8572 
      Reply #512: Feb 26, 2016 02:29:40 pm
      Job done last night, we got a bit nervy towards the end, but that is what this team needs right now, that experience about how to hold onto a lead in Europe.

Actually didn't think Henderson played that bad, although should of buried that chance he had from five yards out.

Milner battled well, although his corners need to improve, think everyone he took last night was sh*te.

Anyway Mancs in Europe next, most of our attacking players plus Coutinho stay fit and I think we'll do those bas**rds.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #513: Feb 26, 2016 04:34:51 pm
      No one is disputing that Shabs, what I was saying is that whether you like them or not Henderson and Milner form what ever reason are performing poorly, Maybe we should consider other options,Teixeira,Stewart, Brannagan etc
      I disagree about Milner. I said for a long time Henderson should be dropped. I never really seen anything special in him anyway, but Milner I think is absolutely class and even when he is having a bad game his set pieces can get you a goal. He is good at Corners, Free kicks, Penalties, Throw ins.. scores in open play, can play wide.. Midfield! does defensive duty well. He is the complete package. He might not be as good as Gerrard in his prime! but Milner sure is our best midfielder next to maybe Coutinho and Firmino, who is more like a forward anyway. His penalty was brilliant! Nobody on our team would have took a better penalty that he did yesterday. You need a good penalty taker on the field who can take important penalties like that under pressure. I am surprised people think he did badly yesterday as I thought even though he didn't particularly stand out in open play, he has done in a lot of games this season. If you saw the game yesterday you would have seen him play a clever dummy and run in the box, he almost scored a second but the delivery was just a bit too high for him. He also got into a brilliant position but Sturridge didn't pass to him when he would have been through on goal. On another day he would have had a hattrick. That isn't even the only time Sturridge was selfish yesterday, multiple times Milner was actually a very good option that Sturridge overlooked and took the shot himself and missed. Also other players were guilty of not passing to Milner when he was in good positions and at one point he cross the ball along goal and nobody was on the end of it.
      « Last Edit: Feb 26, 2016 04:45:28 pm by Ribapuru »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #514: Feb 26, 2016 04:45:07 pm
      I disagree about Milner. I said for a long time Henderson should be dropped. I never really seen anything special in him anyway, but Milner I think is absolutely class and even when he is having a bad game his set pieces can get you a goal. He is good at Corners, Free kicks, Penalties, Throw ins.. scores in open play, can play wide.. Midfield! does defensive duty well. He is the complete package. He might not be as good as Gerrard in his prime! but Milner sure is our best midfielder next to maybe Coutinho and Firmino, who is more like a forward anyway. His penalty was brilliant! Nobody on our team would have took a better penalty that he did yesterday. You need a good penalty taker on the field who can take important penalties like that under pressure. I am surprised people think he did badly yesterday as I thought even though he didn't particularly stand out in open play, he has done in a lot of games this season. If you saw the game yesterday you would have seen him play a clever dummy and run in the box, he almost scored a second but the delivery was just a bit too high for him. He also got into a brilliant position but Sturridge didn't pass to him when he would have been through on goal. On another day he would have had a hattrick. That isn't even the only time Sturridge was selfish yesterday, multiple times Milner was actually a very good option that Sturridge overlooked and took the shot himself and missed.

Watch his delivery of corners you clown!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #515: Feb 26, 2016 04:48:21 pm
      Watch his delivery of corners you clown!
      I seen Milner take a bad corner before, I also seen Suarez miss a penalty and Gerrard fluff a free kick. What is your point?
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #516: Feb 26, 2016 04:55:38 pm
      I seen Milner take a bad corner before, I also seen Suarez miss a penalty and Gerrard fluff a free kick. What is your point?

How many poor corners did you see from Milner last night. Must have been four that the keeper caught without moving and two that never beat the first man. If that is good in your eyes I wouldn't want to see bad.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #517: Feb 26, 2016 06:10:22 pm
      How many poor corners did you see from Milner last night. Must have been four that the keeper caught without moving and two that never beat the first man. If that is good in your eyes I wouldn't want to see bad.
      So because the keeper caught it that means it is a poor corner? I think it means that he got the corner in the right are and it is the players job to try and get it. Players have got the get in front of the keeper not on the other side, Milner is going to assume that other players are going to run for it. Do you think Suarez would see the ball going in the box and think, the keeper can get that so I am not gonna try and get it first? If the player is in front of the keeper before the ball is kicked a defender will follow. It is better to lose your man on the way to the ball not have your marker where you want to take the shot.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #518: Feb 26, 2016 07:00:36 pm
      So because the keeper caught it that means it is a poor corner? I think it means that he got the corner in the right are and it is the players job to try and get it. Players have got the get in front of the keeper not on the other side, Milner is going to assume that other players are going to run for it. Do you think Suarez would see the ball going in the box and think, the keeper can get that so I am not gonna try and get it first? If the player is in front of the keeper before the ball is kicked a defender will follow. It is better to lose your man on the way to the ball not have your marker where you want to take the shot.

Ok you're right, Sturridge, Firmino, Sakho, Can, Coutinho must all be sh*t cos not one of them could get on the end of those superb crosses.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #519: Feb 26, 2016 07:05:48 pm
      Ok you're right, Sturridge, Firmino, Sakho, Can, Coutinho must all be sh*t cos not one of them could get on the end of those superb crosses.

Honestly mate this guy is on a mission to win the LFCReds end of year award for the biggest buffoon on the forum.

Is it any wonder so many posters get annoyed with his nonsense.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #520: Feb 26, 2016 07:13:40 pm

Ward would've won them all.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #521: Feb 26, 2016 08:34:35 pm
      Milner actually crossed it in a perfect place right across the goal line and no one was there. It is even on the end of the highlights. I suggest you watch it.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #522: Feb 26, 2016 08:35:10 pm
      Honestly mate this guy is on a mission to win the LFCReds end of year award for the biggest buffoon on the forum.

Is it any wonder so many posters get annoyed with his nonsense.
      Funny how you backed him up when he was actually incorrect. I suggest you watch the highlights too.
      Kopite78
      Reply #523: Feb 26, 2016 09:56:00 pm
      Milner actually crossed it in a perfect place right across the goal line and no one was there. It is even on the end of the highlights. I suggest you watch it.

Funny how you backed him up when he was actually incorrect. I suggest you watch the highlights too.

You do know they will work intensively on set pieces day in day out.

They will work on where to put the ball as to where the runs are made... Right?

So either every player is making the wrong runs...
      Or the ball is being put in the wrong area...

Neither of which you know as ( I've read your posts I know you weren't ) you weren't at the training sessions you can't say 100% they are incorrect can you?

I actually like Milner, he's a piano carrier... We just need more piano players to compliment him
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #524: Feb 26, 2016 10:13:37 pm
      No need to f**king watch it I was there. And if it was so perfect why didn't we score 6 more? Is the rest of the team sh*t?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #525: Feb 27, 2016 11:12:09 am
      Everyone going to Istanbul felt the same, didn't even enter our heads we were playing one of the best teams in Europe at the time!!
      But did you feel that way at half time??
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #526: Feb 27, 2016 11:23:30 am
      I disagree about Milner. I said for a long time Henderson should be dropped. I never really seen anything special in him anyway, but Milner I think is absolutely class and even when he is having a bad game his set pieces can get you a goal. He is good at Corners, Free kicks, Penalties, Throw ins.. scores in open play, can play wide.. Midfield! does defensive duty well. He is the complete package. He might not be as good as Gerrard in his prime! but Milner sure is our best midfielder next to maybe Coutinho and Firmino, who is more like a forward anyway. His penalty was brilliant! Nobody on our team would have took a better penalty that he did yesterday. You need a good penalty taker on the field who can take important penalties like that under pressure. I am surprised people think he did badly yesterday as I thought even though he didn't particularly stand out in open play, he has done in a lot of games this season. If you saw the game yesterday you would have seen him play a clever dummy and run in the box, he almost scored a second but the delivery was just a bit too high for him. He also got into a brilliant position but Sturridge didn't pass to him when he would have been through on goal. On another day he would have had a hattrick. That isn't even the only time Sturridge was selfish yesterday, multiple times Milner was actually a very good option that Sturridge overlooked and took the shot himself and missed. Also other players were guilty of not passing to Milner when he was in good positions and at one point he cross the ball along goal and nobody was on the end of it.

You like Milner I can see that, But as pointed out by others and the reason I posted my original comments way the quality of his play, Crosses to close to the Keeper, over hit crosses, poor corners  losing the ball in poor areas pasting into areas were no Liverpool player was near, his decision making poor.....

His penalty, he scored, but you do realize that Penalties always favor the penalty take don't you, and btw the best penalty taker we have is Super Mario, but I would want him in the side...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,231 posts | 8572 
      Reply #527: Feb 27, 2016 11:36:23 am
      But did you feel that way at half time??

Me I was too busy kicking F**k out of my seat and calling Kewell all the shithouses going!! Brother and another lad marched up and down steps screaming at people to get up and sing YNWA, to get behind the team, as my brother put it "they're a bunch of old cu*ts, no way they can keep that tempo up in the second half"
      craventom
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | 68 
      Reply #528: Feb 27, 2016 12:10:30 pm
      I am just glad we got thru the tie - onwards and upwords as they say.

A thought:
      How about this Augsburg keeper. He commands his area and looks very good.

I would gladly swap Mignolet for Augsburg keeper. He looks good. Why not buy him and send Mignolet on loan? We can do lot worse then this Augsburg keeper.

Marwin Hitz indeed is one of the best goal keepers in german Bundesliga these times.

Due to the highly acknowledged "kicker" sports magazine even the best one with an average mark of 2,55 (1,0 would be best and 6,0 worst). Followed by Zieler (Hannover), Adler (Hamburg), Fährmann (Schalke), Baumann (Hoffenheim), Horn (Köln/ Cologne), Karius (Mainz) and Neuer (München/ Munich).

The Germans never lacked of very good keepers, all these would currently be a definite boost to the LFC team (sorry, Migs, I know you do your best, but your performances are not on a constantly high level). This swiss guy on the top of the ranking only slightly outperforms the others who are all germans and whose performances imo are only shortly behind. And all of them have proven their consistency over at least 2-3 years already.

However, he deserves to be on the top of that ranking for his great reflexes on the goal line plus his command of the penalty area plus a real impressive physical presence.

Quick Reply