Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Liverpool owners 'underestimated how poor squad was' when buying club in 2010...

Read 9028 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Liverpool owners 'underestimated how poor squad was' when buying club in 2010...
      Reply #23: Mar 04, 2016 06:59:36 am
      1st match I ever watched was the 2010 derby a few days after they took over....I am not recalling Fernando Torres being world class from that time on, or at Chelsea or at Athletico

Did I miss something....

May be getting my timeline wrong just. Did FSG buy the club before or after 10/11 season.

In 09/10 he was the best striker in the league and then in 10/11 he was very injury prone.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Liverpool owners 'underestimated how poor squad was' when buying club in 2010...
      Reply #24: Mar 04, 2016 07:28:13 am
      1st match I ever watched was the 2010 derby a few days after they took over....I am not recalling Fernando Torres being world class from that time on, or at Chelsea or at Athletico

Did I miss something....

TBF, Torres and Reina were past their prime, well more specifically in Reina's case he had his head turned after his father claimed he was in talks to secure a move to Barca with an agreement already in place. Valdez didn't move and Reina was caught with his knickers round his ankles, coincided with this, his form certainly slumped. But no, re. Torres you missed nothing there, but prior to that you did.
      « Last Edit: Mar 04, 2016 07:39:45 am by Beerbelly »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #25: Mar 04, 2016 12:16:24 pm
      Exactly Billy.

It was such an easy investment to make, £230m for a global name in the richest league in the world with a fan base the size of ours.

They didn't look at the squad they looked at the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$s.

Absolutely spot on Luke. The truth is they didn't give a F**k about the actual team... not then and not now.

It'll be six F***ing years (come October) with the carpetbaggers at the helm. The return? One league cup.

Remember that "clear vision" which was "at work"? Or that: "After almost two years at Anfield, we [FSG] are close to having the system we need in place" - [John W Henry - 3 Sep 2012]?

What the F**k happened to that?  :lmao:

If they think that, after 6 years, anyone (other than arse sucking retards) will be still F***ing daft enough to buy the lies... well.   :-\

These comanches are the football equivalent of Donald F***ing Trump... full of sh*te and hyperbole.  >:D
      « Last Edit: Mar 04, 2016 12:28:56 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #26: Mar 04, 2016 12:20:26 pm
      Well, in fairness to them this has come out in an ongoing court-case so I read, so it would not surprise me in the slightest if they're being a bit liberal with the truth.

Just a thought.
      Kopite78
      Reply #27: Mar 04, 2016 12:28:16 pm
      I had no doubt at the time it was an opportunistic business opportunity that they couldn't turn down at the price.

Their subsequent chopping and changing, tearing up one vision and starting the next plan shows me that they didn't come in with an overriding way to make us successful

Just that the deal was too good to turn down
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #28: Mar 04, 2016 12:39:10 pm
      They have to force themselves to say that, otherwise it would be difficult for them to explain how they got this club so cheap and later sold the "past the prime" players and made good profit for it. To say otherwise would be shooting themselves in the foot.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #29: Mar 04, 2016 01:35:18 pm
      They have to force themselves to say that, otherwise it would be difficult for them to explain how they got this club so cheap and later sold the "past the prime" players and made good profit for it. To say otherwise would be shooting themselves in the foot.

My thinking too.

In fact what has been said really shouldn't rub Reds up the wrong way, as far as I can see. For me, Mill Financial can carry on taking payments off of Gillete for a 125,000 a month. It's music to my ears really.

And if that means FSG giving evidence that insinuates the state of this club was in dire straights, I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over it.

I think the OP has made a mountain out of a molehill while endeavoring to keep the pitch forks of the masses sharpened.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #30: Mar 04, 2016 01:46:48 pm
      My thinking too.

In fact what has been said really shouldn't rub Reds up the wrong way, as far as I can see. For me, Mill Financial can carry on taking payments off of Gillete for a 125,000 a month. It's music to my ears really.

And if that means FSG giving evidence that insinuates the state of this club was in dire straights, I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over it.

I think the OP has made a mountain out of a molehill while endeavoring to keep the pitch forks of the masses sharpened.

I really don't think they needed to spend the whole of the last 6 years proving we weren't worth much more than what they paid for us though mate :)

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31: Mar 04, 2016 01:47:11 pm

Fair point rk63 but...

I keep coming back to this 'logic': if you "know" it's sh*te [designed "to explain"...], if he/she "knows" it's sh*te and (let's be honest) and if the slowest of the slow "know" it's sh*te: what makes you think that it won't dawn on all the lawyers present that it's sh*te?

Then again maybe they're all stupid and won't see what we see or question it; eh?  ;D

Let's be honest - it is exactly what it is - more bullshit from the carpetbaggers.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #32: Mar 04, 2016 01:48:59 pm
      I really don't think they needed to spend the whole of the last 6 years proving we weren't worth much more than what they paid for us though mate :)

;D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #33: Mar 04, 2016 01:59:45 pm
      Because it has to be proven to be sh*te in a court of law.  ;D

Working on the assumption (big leap, I know) that their solicitors might just be as savvy as you or me and considering you twigged right away: it might be safe to say that they'll twig too.

Failing that all they have to do is scan this forum for a heads-up. Maybe you should delete your posts sharpish; we wouldn't want to be helping thon c**t.  ;D
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #34: Mar 04, 2016 02:00:19 pm
      Fair point rk63 but...

I keep coming back to this 'logic': if you "know" it's sh*te [designed "to explain"...], if he/she "knows" it's sh*te and (let's be honest) and if the slowest of the slow "know" it's sh*te: what makes you think that it won't dawn on all the lawyers present that it's sh*te?

Then again maybe they're all stupid and won't see what we see or question it; eh?  ;D

Let's be honest - it is exactly what it is - more bullshit from the carpetbaggers.

Hmmm ... can't turn back the clock

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #35: Mar 04, 2016 02:02:22 pm
      Hmmm ... can't turn back the clock

Er... I'm not sure what that means but... okay?  8)
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #36: Mar 04, 2016 10:01:59 pm
      May be getting my timeline wrong just. Did FSG buy the club before or after 10/11 season.

In 09/10 he was the best striker in the league and then in 10/11 he was very injury prone.

First game I watched was sometime in like October 2010 where we were at the bitters; Next thing I remember was Torres asking to transfer.

In my short LFC life my feelings on Fernando was see ya..wouldn't want to be ya.
      Kopite78
      Reply #37: Mar 04, 2016 10:15:23 pm
      First game I watched was sometime in like October 2010 where we were at the bitters; Next thing I remember was Torres asking to transfer.

In my short LFC life my feelings on Fernando was see ya..wouldn't want to be ya.

None of us will know what was going in his head or how he was being advised however it's fairly well known that he was a player who needed an arm round the shoulder, needed that love

When Kenny came in during Jan '11 Torres scored something like 3 in 3.. Certainly two at Wolves ( I think one in a defeat at Blackpool) but his head was turned and he wanted to go.. He hated Woy.. And never really gave Kenny a chance

It's hard to know if had he stayed and felt wanted that he couldn't have got to near his previous level ( even during the previous October? He got a couple of worldies under Hodgson against Chelsea ) but he went there ( regretted it for me) struggled and never felt that love that was all important to him

He is known to have said after Gerrards match a couple of years  back that not getting booed and having his song chanted at Anfield again allowed him to move on as he couldn't before. Getting booed there hurt him.

It's impossible to say with great certainty that he could t have stayed at a very good level had he never left here
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #38: Mar 04, 2016 11:24:23 pm

Father forgive him he knowns not what he is saying! :)

I loved Torres while he was here, one of my favourite players ever, and while I was devastated like most when he left, I have never felt the hate that others have for him.

Loved Torres, loved the bounce, loved the goals and the celebrations...in a way that even Suarez never got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCYKAaef5Zs
      « Last Edit: Mar 05, 2016 12:14:56 am by s@int »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #39: Mar 05, 2016 12:37:27 am
      Father forgive him he knowns not what he is saying! :)

I loved Torres while he was here, one of my favourite players ever, and while I was devastated like most when he left, I have never felt the hate that others have for him.

Loved Torres, loved the bounce, loved the goals and the celebrations...in a way that even Suarez never got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCYKAaef5Zs

Yeah he was truly lethal, I honestly couldn't believe the decline at Chelsea the most dramatic collapse in form since Shevchenko :lmao:

Just watching that really does show what a bloody good team we had back then, miss so many of those players, Voronin especially ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #40: Mar 05, 2016 12:54:02 am
      Yeah he was truly lethal, I honestly couldn't believe the decline at Chelsea the most dramatic collapse in form since Shevchenko :lmao:

Just watching that really does show what a bloody good team we had back then, miss so many of those players, Voronin especially ;D

Me too and Voronin saved the day one f**king hot day in Toulouse when the French ripped my family and I off for ticket prices.
      I wont tell you what we paid.
      Its embarassing.

Remember Rafa and Torres down by the touchline.
      Nando had class  .
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #41: Mar 05, 2016 08:13:20 am
      Would be great to see a movie of that period - Eddie Redmayne as Torres. Patrick Stewart as Rafa. Jim Broadbent as the Hodge.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #42: Mar 05, 2016 08:42:33 am
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #43: Mar 05, 2016 09:56:53 pm
      I suppose that reads better than
      "Liverpool owners offloaded all the highest earners and then wondered how it went wrong."

His pace was unreal.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 91 
      Reply #44: Mar 05, 2016 10:37:28 pm
      How quick did Gerrard control the ball and thread the ball through to Torres in the movie clip show first clip,  absolutely world class. What a shame we couldn't have had Luis and Fernando playing together.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #45: Mar 06, 2016 09:08:08 am
      How quick did Gerrard control the ball and thread the ball through to Torres in the movie clip show first clip,  absolutely world class. What a shame we couldn't have had Luis and Fernando playing together.

That of course was the original intention.

Quick Reply