Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your Liverpool MOTM?

Mignolet
      (0.6%)
      Clyne
      (0.6%)
      Sakho
      (64%)
      Lovren
      (1.1%)
      Milner
      (0.6%)
      Lallana
      (0.6%)
      Henderson
      (0.6%)
      Can
      (7.4%)
      Firmino
      (0.6%)
      Coutinho
      (23.4%)
      Sturridge
      (0%)
      Origi
      (0%)
      Allen
      (0%)
      Benteke
      (0.6%)

Man Utd 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match celebration

Read 48402 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Man Utd 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match celebration
      Reply #874: Mar 18, 2016 06:32:19 am
      Really made up waking up today. Two ups for the price of one there.
      I like that Coutinho's goal beat De Gea at an angle everyone expects him to save from... class, lmao.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #875: Mar 18, 2016 06:37:58 am
      Still bouncing from knocking the mancs out. Was great to feel a little more relaxed than usual watching a game against them (in the second half anyway).

We really need to start finishing off our chances though, as somewhere sometime we are going to pay if we keep failing to put the ball in the net. Thankfully the mancs were as bad as we were and missed two or three clear cut chances too.

The more I watch that Coutinho goal (and I have seen it a good few times now) the better it gets. I think he gives De Gea "the eyes", before chipping the ball over him. Wonderful goal made all the better by its importance and timing.

Very very happy, especially as I honestly wasn't that confident going into the game. 
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #876: Mar 18, 2016 06:40:18 am
      75000 crowd and our boys just humiliated £300 million of "talent"

John I hope you don;t mind me correcting your post,but shouldn;t that be 300 million quid of sh*te,you would have to go back to the Busby Babes when Manure had talent.
      We fully deserved to go through to the quarter finals,well done to Jürgen Klopps lads.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #877: Mar 18, 2016 06:44:21 am
      Thought he ran his contract down to get the big payday move, then asked to come back 2 years later after missing out on Istanbul, and barcodes only Club to offer him a deal. Think he had to buy himself out for £1 mill as well.
      Went to scum and always talks us down out of bitterness.
      His loss was of his own making, and after holding us to ransome, expected us to welcome him back with open arms.
      Little sh*t, good player for us but I hate the little f**ker now.

He did run his contract down but talks about us as if he is bitter?

His punditry over these two games has been as biased towards as could be. Rubbed Scholes and Ferdy up big time after last week's game and twisted the knife on Utd last night.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,217 posts | 1646 
      Reply #878: Mar 18, 2016 06:44:23 am
      Watched the match in some pub in Cape Town and nect thing there's Jason mcateer and God himself in there!! Couldn't believe it.

Over the moon we pasted the filth, it was a dominant performance that, especially the second half.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #879: Mar 18, 2016 06:55:29 am
      Watched the match in some pub in Cape Town and nect thing there's Jason mcateer and God himself in there!! Couldn't believe it.

Over the moon we pasted the filth, it was a dominant performance that, especially the second half.

Do you live there or holiday? Wow that's pretty random, they were there yeap?

Had to remove a post, I got too excited.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #880: Mar 18, 2016 06:58:41 am
      Had to remove a post, I got too excited.

Happens to us all mate... just wipe your screen with a cloth and you should be ok.

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #881: Mar 18, 2016 07:00:51 am
      Happens to us all mate... just wipe your screen with a cloth and you should be ok.

Had to control my laughing there Sainty boy, thanks.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #882: Mar 18, 2016 07:28:53 am
      Just watched Paul Scholes speak about the game and i feel a few brain cells lighter.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #883: Mar 18, 2016 07:58:36 am
      I got the impression from his interview that he was going home, packing his bags, and getting off!

Which would be a real shame!

Aye, the longer he's at the toilet the better.

Nah let the mancs get fourth, then when we win the Europa league we take that CL spot from them :D

Doesn't work that way anymore mate. England would just have five representatives in the Champions League just like Spain did this season with Real, Barcelona, Atletico, Valencia and Sevilla.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #884: Mar 18, 2016 08:06:31 am
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #885: Mar 18, 2016 08:10:27 am
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #886: Mar 18, 2016 08:11:35 am
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #887: Mar 18, 2016 08:37:03 am
      He did run his contract down but talks about us as if he is bitter?

His punditry over these two games has been as biased towards as could be. Rubbed Scholes and Ferdy up big time after last week's game and twisted the knife on Utd last night.
      Owen is one annoying  little  cnut.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,305 posts | 2771 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #888: Mar 18, 2016 08:48:28 am
      First of all well done for reaching the next round of the Europa Cup. It was fully deserved as you were by far the best side over the two legs. Secondly, I'm more pleased that you won to shut a now increasingly large section of our fans singing chats that are totally despicable.

I just can't apologies enough  :(  what worries even more is that it only use the be a small section from both sets of fans chanting remarks that are certainly not warranted. However, it's now becoming a big problem with so called United fans. I even heard on sky sports news just before the match started a commentator was talking about the coming game and you heard a fan in the back ground shout M######. Something really needs to be done. This is no longer a minority by our fans and needs to be addressed and ban every tw*t that sings such nonsense. Seriously, I just can't find enough words to say sorry.  :(

Best of luck in the next round and if there's any justice I hope you go on and win the cup to shut those scum fans off even more.
      « Last Edit: Mar 18, 2016 09:42:55 am by Keith Singleton »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #889: Mar 18, 2016 08:54:50 am
      It's a dyslexic fanny.  ;D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #890: Mar 18, 2016 08:56:34 am
      The goal is an absolute thing of beauty, I could watch it over and over (and thanks to exiled, we all can!).

There's so many great things about it, starting with the in to out and round run which had the fullback wondering where he'd gone. From there the full back HAS to engage Coutinho as close to where he first gets on the ball as possible. Foul him if he has to but keep him out if the area where he's going to be in all sorts of trouble.

Course he didn't do that, but from there it's all about Coutinho. As the little Brazilian approaches Viyella (or whatever the f*** his name is) will have been thinking "oh sh!t, show him onto his left, onto his weaker foot, don't let him come inside and hit it" and just as he's unscrambling his thoughts he gets done with the most beautiful little feint which stops him dead in his tracks. The beauty being of course that Phil actually goes where the full back wants him to go, but on his terms. There's a little gear change and whoosh he's gone, then it's the eyes to DeGea before the cutest little dink. I swear like everyone else I wondered WTF had just happened when it first went in, I think even the fans in the ground didn't realise. I should think the lads in the away end had no idea.

It was a truly wonderful goal, particularly in the context of the contest. It will be remembered for many a year, pure class.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #891: Mar 18, 2016 09:10:13 am
      That run of Couts in the second half going past four scum players.
      A moment of beauty.

Next ?

Finish above them in the League.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #892: Mar 18, 2016 09:14:58 am
      First of all well done for reaching the next round of the Europa Cup. It was fully deserved as you were by far the best side over the two legs. Secondly, I'm more pleased that you won to shut a now increasingly large section of our fans singing chats that are totally despicable.

I just can't apologies enough  :(  what worries even more is that it only use the be a small section from both sets of fans chanting remarks that are certainly not warranted. However, it's now becoming a big problem with so called United fans. I even heard on sky sports news just before the match started a commentator was talking about the coming game and you heard a fan in the back ground shout M######. Something really needs to be done. This is no longer a minority by our fans and needs to be addressed and ban every tw*t that sings such nonsense. Seriously, I just can't enough words to say sorry.  :(

Best of luck in the next round and if there's any justice I hope you go on and win the cup to shut those scum fans off even more.

Thanks for the apology, but I think it's time we nailed this "both sides do it" nonsense. I think if you were in the Liverpool away end at ANY game and started singing Munich songs you'd last about five seconds before you were told in no uncertain terms to shut the f*** up. Liverpool fans aren't Angels (we have nine bad lads give or take  :f_whistle:) but none of them do that. Particularly and even more the case now Manc fans can be relied upon to shower themselves in sh!t and shame every game (even when they aren't even playing us).

So no, it's time for an unqualified apology from the club, and action (such as behind closed doors games) from the FA. Every club had racist chanting in the 70's, we don't condone that on a "they did it as well" basis. We shouldn't here, a large section of your fans are disgracing not just themselves and Manchester United, but football and humanity as a whole.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #893: Mar 18, 2016 09:23:32 am
      Twas, truly a thing of beauty.

When it went in I grabbed the missus around the neck and repeatedly said "he's don't it!" and smothered her with kisses, apparently whilst swinging her to and fro I hurt her neck so she'll remember it too.

;D

Sorry love. ;)

:lmao:

chanfield
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #894: Mar 18, 2016 09:24:59 am
       ;D Great result, appalling chants so good to see a proper supporter taking more action than UEFA. I hope the chair throwing / fighting doesn't lead to fans being blanket banned for the next round.

The media coverage prior to 2nd leg from nationals and BT in particular was awful in terms of Utd bias. I think I saw one advert where LFC were not even mentioned other than the fixture text!??!!  :mad:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,743 posts | 7177 
      Reply #895: Mar 18, 2016 09:28:38 am
      Twas, truly a thing of beauty.

When it went in I grabbed the missus around the neck and repeatedly said "he's don't it!" and smothered her with kisses, apparently whilst swinging her to and fro I hurt her neck so she'll remember it too.

;D

Sorry love. ;)

She will need to be out the house for the final then.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #896: Mar 18, 2016 09:30:24 am
      Thanks for the apology, but I think it's time we nailed this "both sides do it" nonsense. I think if you were in the Liverpool away end at ANY game and started singing Munich songs you'd last about five seconds before you were told in no uncertain terms to shut the f*** up. Liverpool fans aren't Angels (we have nine bad lads give or take  :f_whistle:) but none of them do that. Particularly and even more the case now Manc fans can be relied upon to shower themselves in sh!t and shame every game (even when they aren't even playing us).

So no, it's time for an unqualified apology from the club, and action (such as behind closed doors games) from the FA. Every club had racist chanting in the 70's, we don't condone that on a "they did it as well" basis. We shouldn't here, a large section of your fans are disgracing not just themselves and Manchester United, but football and humanity as a whole.

This is true. Every club have their own dickhead supporters and we're no different but United were singing those songs in their thousands in both legs and that's the difference. I went to the first leg and was sat in the paddock by the anfield road end so I was right next to those fuckers and it was deafening. It wasn't just 1 or 2 of them, it was the vast majority. Horrible cu*ts.

Didn't go last night but you could hear them loud and clear on the telly too - that's despite the bad press they had this week too. Shocking. Uefa need to act. And the FA.

United fans for me are on a whole different scale to any other club so its no wonder they get their heads kicked in up and down the country every week. Horrible bunch of inbred cu*ts.

We did our talking on the pitch anyway and humiliated them over two legs. Absolutely embarrassed them. Of all the teams to knock them out of a European competition it was us  :lmao: they must be livid.

LIVERPOOL F.C EUROPEAN ELITE.  5 times you F***ing wankers.

Quick Reply