Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      2 (1.4%)
      Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Lovren
      45 (31%)
      Sakho
      34 (23.4%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      1 (0.7%)
      Can
      6 (4.1%)
      Milner
      2 (1.4%)
      Lallana
      1 (0.7%)
      Coutinho
      2 (1.4%)
      Origi
      49 (33.8%)
      Allen
      3 (2.1%)
      Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 141

Voting closed: Apr 10, 2016 10:16:40 pm

Dortmund 1-1 Liverpool: In-game & Post-match "YNWA"!

Read 37721 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Re: Dortmund 1-1 Liverpool: In-game & Post-match "YNWA"!
      Reply #736: Apr 07, 2016 10:19:13 pm
      He played a silly pass to give them possesion

So what about the umpteen passes Henderson and Milner gave away?
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #737: Apr 07, 2016 10:20:59 pm

Oh I completely agree, but Sakho will get the slack as his led to a goal
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #738: Apr 07, 2016 10:21:11 pm
      Zonal marking, looked like Lallana had that area. Dortmund put it in the worst spot for us to defend against Hummels.

Common sense tells you that their best headers of the ball will attack the centre of the 6 yard box. Why we don't do the same whether zonal marking or not is baffling. Sakho wasn't even in shot yet Origi and Lallana were responsible for most of the 6 yard box. Amateur hour!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Live: Dortmund V Liverpool
      Reply #739: Apr 07, 2016 10:21:40 pm
      What a fantastic performance! We deserved to win that game on the balance of real chances, sure they had more half chances and much more quality possession but when it comes to the true chances that were created we could have easily walked away from there with a win. Jürgen fully justified in starting both Sakho and Origi who were both contenders for MotM.

Mignolet: Thought he did very well on the night, should have caught one where he punched but he was at least decisive. Not much he could do with their goal from that range 7/10

Moreno: Couple of brainless moments but boy does this lad recover well. Some tasty interceptions too and was the better fullback for us 7/10

Lovren: Would have got MotM if it wasn't for their goal, I think he and Sakho fu**ed up about their only defensive error by both marking the same man and allowing Hummels to sneak in behind them with only Lallana to beat. Should have scored with his free header too but he at least got it on target. 8/10

Sakho: Some absolutely stunning blocks (as did Lovren have 1 cracker), looked so much better than against Spurs and really was a cracking performance by the big man. Think he had his man for their goal but it looked like Lovren wasn't convinced so has to share some of the blame, better communication needed but really encouraging with these two. 8/10

Clyne: Thought he had a bit of a shocker myself, in possession he was afforded an awful lot. They didn't press out to him and he did absolutely nothing with it. In defence Schmelzer kept getting joy in behind him and either Milner/Henderson and he lost the plot for a while. Beginning to worry about Clyne moving forward 5.5/10

Can: Not a very good first half but a much better second half. A brilliant tackle to bail out Clyne on a 4v3 in their favour, robbed Reus. Shielded the ball well and kept possession much better in that second half. Can't afford such inconsistency but he's young. 6.5/10

Henderson: Awful, worst player out there and rightly subbed at half-time. I thought we needed his physicality/strength but he just never turned up. He gave away the ball countless times in the first half, was unable to catch up to runners who had the ball it was painful to watch. 5/10

Milner: Also not good enough, at the start of the game he gave the ball away with his first 4 touches. Did deliver one decent free-kick for Lovren and picked up an assist but honestly anyone giving him a decent score based on that needs to watch the game much closer because he was a big reason why we lost the battle in the centre. 6/10

Coutinho: Struggled to contribute to the game until the second half (mainly due to terrible service) but did come into it when we had some great chances and even in the first half was absolutely tireless in his closing down. Really impressed with his work-rate and showed some quality but needs to stamp himself on the game a little better in the future. (again I put more blame on the midfield than him on this) 7/10

Lallana: Much like Coutinho with a bit less of the attacking influence, did lose out for the Hummels header (should never be him picking him up) and didn't carry the ball nearly enough, which was a theme until Allen came on, a theme for our midfielders that is who just didn't seem to have the ability to run with the ball. 6/10

Origi: Man of the match for me, he was given so little to work with and nearly every time he did touch the ball he got it under control and they were clearly petrified of him. Single-handedly occupied most of their defence and deserved his goal. Should have scored the second when clean through but hitting the keeper in the face is a touch unlucky as there's no way that's what the keeper intended but he did spread himself fantastically. Typically for us that their keeper had a barnstormer, but Origi never stopped, showed what strength he has and won plenty of balls he simply wasn't favourite for, top stuff for a lad his age and what a turn around! 8.5/10

Allen: Thought he was superb coming on, immediately gave us more meaningful possession in their half and was willing to carry the ball most times he had it. Did one bit of absolutely tremendous tracking stopping their overlap with Reus again when Sakho got isolated on the 80minute mark. Throwing the gaunlet down to start and honestly should be in the side ahead of either Milner or Henderson without question. 7/10

Sturridge: Didn't really have long enough to influence matters.

Firmino: Showed why he didn't start, wasn't at the pace of the game but did recover when he lost possession.

Klopp: Brilliant stuff from Jürgen, got the main decisions right. Kept us compact and had a great game plan to keep Reus at bay, he didn't connect with Aubameyang almost at all and it resulted in Aubameyang being subbed, what a great sight that was. Deserved the win but came out of the game with flying colours and brings them back to Anfield with us right in the tie which is what we all would have taken before kick off, well in Jürgen!

Top stuff lads!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #740: Apr 07, 2016 10:23:42 pm
      Very pleased with that.

Considering they've won the last sh*t knows how many games I would have easy taken a 1-1 before the game.

Best European away performance from us since Benitez was in charge.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #741: Apr 07, 2016 10:25:17 pm
      How is Origi meant to beat Hummels in the air from a standing jump? It should have been Lovren or Sakho.

It would be a long and boring post mate so I won't go there. We'l'll have to just agree to differ.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #742: Apr 07, 2016 10:27:39 pm

It was Lallana who ended up in the mismatch yes. Naturally that wasn"t supposed to happen though, I'm kind of on about where it went wrong to allow that you happen.

Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #743: Apr 07, 2016 10:28:19 pm
      What a fantastic performance! We deserved to win that game on the balance of real chances, sure they had more half chances and much more quality possession but when it comes to the true chances that were created we could have easily walked away from there with a win. Jürgen fully justified in starting both Sakho and Origi who were both contenders for MotM.

Mignolet: Thought he did very well on the night, should have caught one where he punched but he was at least decisive. Not much he could do with their goal from that range 7/10

Moreno: Couple of brainless moments but boy does this lad recover well. Some tasty interceptions too and was the better fullback for us 7/10

Lovren: Would have got MotM if it wasn't for their goal, I think he and Sakho fu**ed up about their only defensive error by both marking the same man and allowing Hummels to sneak in behind them with only Lallana to beat. Should have scored with his free header too but he at least got it on target. 8/10

Sakho: Some absolutely stunning blocks (as did Lovren have 1 cracker), looked so much better than against Spurs and really was a cracking performance by the big man. Think he had his man for their goal but it looked like Lovren wasn't convinced so has to share some of the blame, better communication needed but really encouraging with these two. 8/10

Clyne: Thought he had a bit of a shocker myself, in possession he was afforded an awful lot. They didn't press out to him and he did absolutely nothing with it. In defence Schmelzer kept getting joy in behind him and either Milner/Henderson and he lost the plot for a while. Beginning to worry about Clyne moving forward 5.5/10

Can: Not a very good first half but a much better second half. A brilliant tackle to bail out Clyne on a 4v3 in their favour, robbed Reus. Shielded the ball well and kept possession much better in that second half. Can't afford such inconsistency but he's young. 6.5/10

Henderson: Awful, worst player out there and rightly subbed at half-time. I thought we needed his physicality/strength but he just never turned up. He gave away the ball countless times in the first half, was unable to catch up to runners who had the ball it was painful to watch. 5/10

Milner: Also not good enough, at the start of the game he gave the ball away with his first 4 touches. Did deliver one decent free-kick for Lovren and picked up an assist but honestly anyone giving him a decent score based on that needs to watch the game much closer because he was a big reason why we lost the battle in the centre. 6/10

Coutinho: Struggled to contribute to the game until the second half (mainly due to terrible service) but did come into it when we had some great chances and even in the first half was absolutely tireless in his closing down. Really impressed with his work-rate and showed some quality but needs to stamp himself on the game a little better in the future. (again I put more blame on the midfield than him on this) 7/10

Lallana: Much like Coutinho with a bit less of the attacking influence, did lose out for the Hummels header (should never be him picking him up) and didn't carry the ball nearly enough, which was a theme until Allen came on, a theme for our midfielders that is who just didn't seem to have the ability to run with the ball. 6/10

Origi: Man of the match for me, he was given so little to work with and nearly every time he did touch the ball he got it under control and they were clearly petrified of him. Single-handedly occupied most of their defence and deserved his goal. Should have scored the second when clean through but hitting the keeper in the face is a touch unlucky as there's no way that's what the keeper intended but he did spread himself fantastically. Typically for us that their keeper had a barnstormer, but Origi never stopped, showed what strength he has and won plenty of balls he simply wasn't favourite for, top stuff for a lad his age and what a turn around! 8.5/10

Allen: Thought he was superb coming on, immediately gave us more meaningful possession in their half and was willing to carry the ball most times he had it. Did one bit of absolutely tremendous tracking stopping their overlap with Reus again when Sakho got isolated on the 80minute mark. Throwing the gaunlet down to start and honestly should be in the side ahead of either Milner or Henderson without question. 7/10

Sturridge: Didn't really have long enough to influence matters.

Firmino: Showed why he didn't start, wasn't at the pace of the game but did recover when he lost possession.

Klopp: Brilliant stuff from Jürgen, got the main decisions right. Kept us compact and had a great game plan to keep Reus at bay, he didn't connect with Aubameyang almost at all and it resulted in Aubameyang being subbed, what a great sight that was. Deserved the win but came out of the game with flying colours and brings them back to Anfield with us right in the tie which is what we all would have taken before kick off, well in Jürgen!

Top stuff lads!

Totally agree with Allen, thought he was class when he came on.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #744: Apr 07, 2016 10:29:13 pm

Mate watch it again. It was bad. It was really poor
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #745: Apr 07, 2016 10:29:18 pm
      Best European away performance from us since Benitez was in charge.

Yup.

And how the two United legs and this fixture have made this Europa campaign feel like much more of a thing.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #746: Apr 07, 2016 10:30:55 pm
      It would be a long and boring post mate so I won't go there. We'l'll have to just agree to differ.

Jürgen mentioned it was Origi if you need a deciding vote :)
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #747: Apr 07, 2016 10:35:14 pm

Why's that?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #748: Apr 07, 2016 10:36:19 pm
      Lovren and Sahko brilliant tonight but went for Origi motm for his 100% graft along with his talent for holding the ball up and giving us a breather.
      Also for his great strike.
      In fact only weak spots for me were Milner and Henderson.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #749: Apr 07, 2016 10:37:34 pm
      People having a go at Milner, and while I agree he was poor on the ball, I though off the ball he was excellent. Got in between the channels, blocked them and was generally key in limiting Dortmund's ideas.

Was very crucial in coming away with a good result.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #750: Apr 07, 2016 10:38:54 pm
      Extremely proud of the lads tonight it's been too long since when we would put one over so called big teams in Europe.

Apart from the goal which I think was a error from Sakho and Lovren as they both went for the same man, incidentally Hummels was a class act esp with his distribution and Agger like runs into our midfield, the defence was excellent.
      Moreno gets a lot of stick defensively but honestly Clyne is just as bad going forward!

Thank God Henderson went off he was horrendous and the difference Allen made was night and day. The injury excuse is wearing thin, incidentally the Dortmund  20 year old CM can't remember his name we should snap him him up, everything that Henderson is not.

Lallana and Coutinho worked hard which is all you can expect in a away tie.

Origi was clearly MOM showing Sturridge the way forward in endeavour and effort.

The tie is not over but I'm confident we can progress.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #751: Apr 07, 2016 10:40:58 pm
      People having a go at Milner, and while I agree he was poor on the ball, I though off the ball he was excellent. Got in between the channels, blocked them and was generally key in limiting Dortmund's ideas.

Was very crucial in coming away with a good result.

Milner did what he does best, worked hard got in some good blocks, worked the wide areas and got an assist. If he could pass the f**king ball a bit better, we would have a quality player.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #752: Apr 07, 2016 10:41:28 pm
      I'm amazed people are laying into any of our players.  Yes I think a real top goalie might have saved their goal, yes Origi went to sleep for it, Sakho caught in no man's land etc but these things happen sometimes.

Overall we were brilliant, every last one of em. And yes that includes Milner (who got another assist ) and Moreno.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #753: Apr 07, 2016 10:42:59 pm
      That was a proper European away performance. That's honestly everything I have to say about that. Smiling.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #754: Apr 07, 2016 10:43:21 pm
      Extremely proud of the lads tonight it's been too long since when we would put one over so called big teams in Europe.

Apart from the goal which I think was a error from Sakho and Lovren as they both went for the same man, incidentally Hummels was a class act esp with his distribution and Agger like runs into our midfield, the defence was excellent.
      Moreno gets a lot of stick defensively but honestly Clyne is just as bad going forward!

Thank God Henderson went off he was horrendous and the difference Allen made was night and day. The injury excuse is wearing thin, incidentally the Dortmund  20 year old CM can't remember his name we should snap him him up, everything that Henderson is not.

Lallana and Coutinho worked hard which is all you can expect in a away tie.

Origi was clearly MOM showing Sturridge the way forward in endeavour and effort.

The tie is not over but I'm confident we can progress.

Weigl? Brilliant player.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #755: Apr 07, 2016 10:44:32 pm

That's the one class player for a 20 year old.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #756: Apr 07, 2016 10:46:46 pm
      I've got the goal on sky plus and have watched it about ten times. Seriously guys Sakho and Lovren DON'T go for the same man.

Sakho doesn'the go for ANY man, Lovren tracks the six and it goes above them. It is 100% Origi though is tasked with picking up the header if it clears the centre halves. He is with Hummers and goes to sleep. It happens. Had Sakho also not nodded off Lovren could have got it as he would,t have had to track the six.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #757: Apr 07, 2016 10:48:04 pm

After about 20 minutes I told my lad to just watch him alone. What a lovely footballer.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #758: Apr 07, 2016 10:48:32 pm
      Someone mentioned him, but Hummels was bloody brilliant tonight. No wonder he is the perennial transfer target for the scum.

Quick Reply