Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Stoke?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (0.9%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      7 (6.1%)
      Kevin Stewart
      4 (3.5%)
      Joe Allen
      20 (17.5%)
      James Milner
      16 (14%)
      Sheyi Ojo
      6 (5.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      8 (7%)
      Divock Origi
      52 (45.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Voting closed: Apr 14, 2016 05:50:56 pm

Liverpool 4-1 Stoke City: In game and Post Match delight

Read 28249 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Re: Liverpool 4-1 Stoke City: In game and Post Match delight
      Reply #414: Apr 10, 2016 06:58:38 pm
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #415: Apr 10, 2016 06:58:44 pm
      Because Coutinho, Henderson, and Sterling were all playing at a higher level.

I'll use the same logic now. If Allen's playing so well, why has it taken injury to Henderson and suspension to Can for him to get a starting role in the side?

He's a Brendan signing mate, he hasn't exactly set the world alight up until now has he, he's definately playing a lot better under Klopp than he ever did under Brendan, perhaps Brendan for whatever reason couldn't influence him in the way Jürgen can, perhaps Brendan couldn't give him the confidence that Jürgen obviously has,
      Look I'm not going to get into a Brendan V Klopp diatribe here all I'm saying is Joe is playing better than he ever has and that's kudos to Jürgen,

Would you agree that for instance Lucas has performed better under Jürgen, or indeed Dejan ?

YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #416: Apr 10, 2016 06:58:49 pm
      Only saw the second half wow that was a great performance against one of our bogey teams.

Fantastic to see young Ojo get a game, this boy is the real deal and I have huge hopes for him in the future.

Even Milner looked a lot better than in previous games, Allen played well until he tired and Imbula started to get the better of him.
      But for me Stewart was MOM, well the half I saw at least, shielded the back 4 really well and always in the right position.

Origi having another stormer it's looking positive for Thursday.

« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2016 07:14:39 pm by HScRed1 »
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #417: Apr 10, 2016 07:00:49 pm
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #418: Apr 10, 2016 07:01:23 pm
      I'd rather finish fifth if we win the Europa. What happens if we win the Europa and Man City win the champions league? Who gets qualification for the champions league? 1st, 2nd Mcfc and Lfc?
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #419: Apr 10, 2016 07:07:16 pm
      Makes up for the 6-1 pain (Stevie's last game) last year.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #420: Apr 10, 2016 07:21:00 pm
      I'd rather finish fifth if we win the Europa. What happens if we win the Europa and Man City win the champions league? Who gets qualification for the champions league? 1st, 2nd Mcfc and Lfc?

Nope. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, MCFC and us. 5 teams total.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #421: Apr 10, 2016 07:23:02 pm
      Probably wrong thread, but if City get 4th, does that mean the Europa league place they got for winning the league cup transfers to us?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #422: Apr 10, 2016 07:28:55 pm
      Probably wrong thread, but if City get 4th, does that mean the Europa league place they got for winning the league cup transfers to us?

No mate it goes to the team that finishes 6th ... which could still be us.
      If the mancs or West ham win the F.A. cup the 7th placed team will also get a Europa league spot as well. (if they finish as they are in the league)

There are three Europa League places handed to English clubs who do the following: win the FA Cup, win the League Cup and finish fifth in the Premier League.
      The League Cup was won by Manchester City, who are guaranteed a place in the Europa League third-qualifying round if they do miss out on the Champions League with a top-four finish.

Yet if they manage to finish in the top five, despite their recent blip, then their Europa League spot will go to the sixth-placed team.

Manchester United or West Ham could still win the FA Cup too, meaning either of those finishing in the top five would see qualification for the Europa League group stage go to the sixth-placed team.
      The League Cup winners' spot would then go to the side sitting seventh and that's why Southampton, Stoke and Liverpool might fancy their chances for European football next year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3502617/Champions-League-Europa-League-FA-Cup-Capital-One-Cup-affect-qualifies-Europe-season.html#ixzz45RxT20Hg
      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #423: Apr 10, 2016 07:29:23 pm
      Gave my MOTM to Sturridge. Surprised he's only got two votes. Was back to his old self - pressing the backline, making runs, dropping deep, taking on his man and linking up with his teammates. Thought he was great.

Milner and Origi were excellent too and Allen went about his job brilliantly.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #424: Apr 10, 2016 07:34:38 pm
      No mate it goes to the team that finishes 6th ... which could still be us.
      If the mancs or West ham win the F.A. cup the 7th placed team will also get a Europa league spot as well. (if they finish as they are in the league)

There are three Europa League places handed to English clubs who do the following: win the FA Cup, win the League Cup and finish fifth in the Premier League.
      The League Cup was won by Manchester City, who are guaranteed a place in the Europa League third-qualifying round if they do miss out on the Champions League with a top-four finish.

Yet if they manage to finish in the top five, despite their recent blip, then their Europa League spot will go to the sixth-placed team.

Manchester United or West Ham could still win the FA Cup too, meaning either of those finishing in the top five would see qualification for the Europa League group stage go to the sixth-placed team.
      The League Cup winners' spot would then go to the side sitting seventh and that's why Southampton, Stoke and Liverpool might fancy their chances for European football next year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3502617/Champions-League-Europa-League-FA-Cup-Capital-One-Cup-affect-qualifies-Europe-season.html#ixzz45RxT20Hg
      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Guess it's up to us then.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #425: Apr 10, 2016 08:17:23 pm
      Bit of pay back for the humiliation they gave us last season.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #426: Apr 10, 2016 09:15:22 pm
      Hard to believe Stoke were above us before kick off..same old same old, route one footy up to Crouchie.

Thing that pleased me the most was the continued pressing with the ball.
      Even at 4-1 we were still closing down and attacking with speed looking for more goals and it was very easy second half.

Smart thinking by Milner to play the quick free kick to Moreno for the first.
      Ace wing play by Ojo to put it on a plate for Studge.
      Origi's confidence just grows and grows each time he plays.

Stewart was solid as was Allen.
      Firmino's positional play off the ball was excellent too.

Great performance, just need to get to grips with this zonal defending from set pieces as it's become our achilles heel these last few games..especially when the smallest player on the pitch glides in unmarked and gets a free header five yards out. :mad:

Sets everything up nicely now for Thursday's game which, for me, is gonna be as big as the Chelsea semi in 2005..
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #427: Apr 10, 2016 09:20:36 pm
      Great result. Was very impressed with the full team effort. Everyone put in a great shift. Shame about the set piece, but that aside we were very good.

Next year looks so promising. We are very hard to score against from open play. Very hard indeed. I would love to know how we compare in the league for goals conceded from open play since xmas? Anyone? Also, as much as he has really bugged me for a long time now, Mignolet has done well since christmas. Hes no superstar yet, but he has sorted a lot of the stupid stuff out. Bulked up a bit too and seems to be doing a better job.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #428: Apr 10, 2016 09:21:33 pm
      I think this game also demonstrates the importance of having a top class goalkeeper. Not sure if we would have scored quite so easily if Stoke's first choice had been fit.

Not complaining mind you.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #429: Apr 10, 2016 09:24:41 pm
      Superb win! What makes it all the better is that it came against a side more than ready to compete with us, that's not a scoreline based on them being sh*t.

The mark of Klopp is really starting to show. When we are on the ball we are always looking to do something with it. There's a real intent there and that intent is not lessening whenever we unsuccessfully try to punt the ball forward. He seems to have got them playing real purposeful balls meaning we're getting the ball in dangerous areas so much more.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #430: Apr 10, 2016 09:34:18 pm
      Bit of pay back for the humiliation they gave us last season.

I think we humiliated ourselves to be honest, I don't think any credit can be given to Stoke.
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #431: Apr 10, 2016 09:50:31 pm
      Very good game from the lads!!  Origi was great and I'm very excited to see more of him, but I gave MotM to Moreno.  Thought he was very good all game, and it's no surprise that our most dangerous attacks all started down our left flank.  I was impressed with Ojo and Stewart, and Studge even looks to be getting back close to his brilliant best.  It seems like Jürgen got it right with the rotation and many of Thursdays starters should be well rested.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #432: Apr 10, 2016 09:55:19 pm
      Torres like performance by Origi in the second half there! What a sensational turnaround from his first few performances of the season. Really thought we had bought a dud here a few months ago but Jürgen has looked at him and seen where he can improve. Keep it up Divock!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #433: Apr 10, 2016 10:45:30 pm
      Just got back from the game gave my motm to a player who's turn around under Klopp has been great to see little Joe thought he was great in midfield today , over all though a very good team performance onwards to Thursday .
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #434: Apr 10, 2016 11:28:10 pm
      Well done to our RED lads,I went for a 3-0 win for us in the prediction league so I suppose 4-1 was close enough.Now to take the same enthusiasm and energy into the Borussia match.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #435: Apr 10, 2016 11:30:29 pm
      Well, that analysis on MOTD was F***ing abysmal :D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #436: Apr 10, 2016 11:47:37 pm
      Hahaha, said we could catch them cu*ts on the goal difference too, only 1 behind them now! Really does feel like the Southampton game is going to come back a hurt is massively.
      God how I wish we had beaten Spurs  :mad:

BTW My earlier post about BR & Allen was not aimed at you Luke, It was at those out there who slagged of BR for signing Joe Allen ( Can't Remember you ever doing that Luke....

Pity Brendan couldn't get him playing the way Jürgen is, might have something to do with influencing his players in the right manner ??
      YNWA

And yes Billy you could have a point there

Quick Reply