Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Stoke?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (0.9%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      7 (6.1%)
      Kevin Stewart
      4 (3.5%)
      Joe Allen
      20 (17.5%)
      James Milner
      16 (14%)
      Sheyi Ojo
      6 (5.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      8 (7%)
      Divock Origi
      52 (45.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Voting closed: Apr 14, 2016 05:50:56 pm

Liverpool 4-1 Stoke City: In game and Post Match delight

Read 28489 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Liverpool 4-1 Stoke City: In game and Post Match delight
      Reply #391: Apr 10, 2016 06:03:38 pm

Hahaha, said we could catch them cu*ts on the goal difference too, only 1 behind them now! Really does feel like the Southampton game is going to come back a hurt is massively.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,789 posts | 892 
      Reply #392: Apr 10, 2016 06:03:46 pm
      Wow! Spurs with 3!! Haha.. our victory made sweeter!!!  :lmao:
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #393: Apr 10, 2016 06:04:51 pm
      Gave my MOTM to Origi down to the impact he had when he came on but alot of good performances out there today. Stewart looked very tidy in the centre. Joe looked full of energy aswell. Well done lads a great result and performance.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,538 posts | 1489 
      Reply #394: Apr 10, 2016 06:05:12 pm
      I'll be enjoying MOTD tonight :-)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #395: Apr 10, 2016 06:05:13 pm
      Can't complain about much there (their goal maybe).  Even the tactical switch at half time paid dividends.

Two headed goals from crosses as well.

Good stuff.  Well in the reds.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #396: Apr 10, 2016 06:07:50 pm
      I didn't see or hear any of it, but with that team out it's a fantastic results.  That's why I get frustrated when sh*te like that is above us in the league.

Been upto my eyes all day doing this. Check it out on Twitter. @TheLoftSW19.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #397: Apr 10, 2016 06:07:53 pm
      Can't complain about much there (their goal maybe).  Even the tactical switch at half time paid dividends.

Two headed goals from crosses as well.

Good stuff.  Well in the reds.

The tactical switch was excellent - we were well in control once Klopp made the change. Encouraging that Klopp has the intuitiveness to tweak it for the better.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #398: Apr 10, 2016 06:08:07 pm
      Would totally agree with that too Billy and pretty much nail on the head mate.

Not one to knock previous managers, Woy being the exception, but the difference in how we play, the confidence we have is purely down to Jürgen's belief in his charges, in turn the players are starting to sing from the same song sheet, Brendan for all his efforts would not get the same effort from the same players, imho we have probably one of the best managers in the world, I just hope that our custodians recognise that fact when it comes to signing the cheque book !

YNWA
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #399: Apr 10, 2016 06:09:55 pm

Not one to knock previous managers, Woy being the exception, but the difference in how we play, the confidence we have is purely down to Jürgen's belief in his charges, in turn the players are starting to sing from the same song sheet, Brendan for all his efforts would not get the same effort from the same players, imho we have probably one of the best managers in the world, I just hope that our custodians recognise that fact when it comes to signing the cheque book !

YNWA

Again mate, absolutely spot on.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #400: Apr 10, 2016 06:11:33 pm
      Wait. So you didn't give it to Origi because you thought it was a cross? So what, even if it was? Deadly cross, deadly shot.

My God...

Exactly!!!! What is he on about? It's the perfect cross!!!!!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #401: Apr 10, 2016 06:13:51 pm
      I didn't see or hear any of it, but with that team out it's a fantastic results.  That's why I get frustrated when sh*te like that is above us in the league.

Nice! Just followed you.

Will pop in for a drink at some point mate
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #402: Apr 10, 2016 06:15:01 pm

In a nutshell mate, looks great, especially like Lofty Wainright and your prices are clearly reflective of the area :D (fleecing them!)
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #403: Apr 10, 2016 06:15:50 pm
      Pity Brendan couldn't get him playing the way Jürgen is, might have something to do with influencing his players in the right manner ??

YNWA

To be fair, Allen was excellent for us when he first joined and had a very good season in 13/14 too.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #404: Apr 10, 2016 06:20:08 pm
      To be fair, Allen was excellent for us when he first joined and had a very good season in 13/14 too.

Can't remember Joe having too many 'outstanding' performances in his Brendan days mate if I'm honest, but that might just be the onset of the Altzeimers, if he had played that well why then was he omitted from the side so often ?

YNWA
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #405: Apr 10, 2016 06:20:21 pm
      F***ing Origi, knackered my prediction!
      On a more serious bye, well done lads, great result.

You and me both mate, would have been my 2nd perfect on the trot !!
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #406: Apr 10, 2016 06:24:58 pm

Can't remember Joe having too many 'outstanding' performances in his Brendan days mate if I'm honest, but that might just be the onset of the Altzeimers, if he had played that well why then was he omitted from the side so often ?

YNWA

Because Coutinho, Henderson, and Sterling were all playing at a higher level.

I'll use the same logic now. If Allen's playing so well, why has it taken injury to Henderson and suspension to Can for him to get a starting role in the side?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #407: Apr 10, 2016 06:33:21 pm
      Something bugging me, if we win our game in hand we will be six points off forth, but our top four chances have been written off. Spurs are seven points behind Leicester, but are still being given a chance.    :f_doh:
      Admittedly our hopes of top 4 are slim, but still better than Spurs chances of catching Leicester IMO.

Anyway, great to see were finding form at the right time to push for the Europa league now, whisper it quietly but I fancy our chances now!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #408: Apr 10, 2016 06:35:45 pm
      Something bugging me, if we win our game in hand we will be six points off forth, but our top four chances have been written off. Spurs are seven points behind Leicester, but are still being given a chance.    :f_doh:
      Admittedly our hopes of top 4 are slim, but still better than Spurs chances of catching Leicester IMO.

Anyway, great to see were finding form at the right time to push for the Europa league now, whisper it quietly but I fancy our chances now!

We just can't seem to bridge that gap. I genuinely wouldn't expect us to get near.

Thursday is the biggest game since Chelsea at home 2013/2014. Let's hope this time is a win.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #409: Apr 10, 2016 06:36:56 pm

If we'd kept the lead against Southampton I'd still have some belief considering City still have to play Arsenal and they're away to Chelsea next but right now even hope is thin on the ground. I'll always hope until it's mathematically impossible.

I think both tasks are well out of the reach of both sides mate.

Bookies have us @ 20/1 for top 4 and Spurs @ 5/1 for the title and I do agree the prices for both should be much closer to the 20/1 mark.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #410: Apr 10, 2016 06:42:14 pm
      pic.twitter.com/xCFr4O49Mv (https://twitter.com/LiverpoolGifs/status/719185271544246276?s=17)
      Klopp being sarcastic to Hughes  :D Legend!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #411: Apr 10, 2016 06:43:13 pm

I think the difference is mate that in order for us to get 4th 3 or 4 teams have to slip up, for Spurs to win the title only Leicester need slip up.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #412: Apr 10, 2016 06:56:18 pm
      I think the difference is mate that in order for us to get 4th 3 or 4 teams have to slip up, for Spurs to win the title only Leicester need slip up.

True and unfortunately all it needed for us to miss out top 4 was one team hitting some form and it looks like Citeh have, I'll be happy with 5th though and I fancy us to get it.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #413: Apr 10, 2016 06:57:00 pm

Quick Reply