Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your LFC Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      (1.4%)
      Clyne
      (0.7%)
      Lovren
      (1.4%)
      Sakho
      (13.5%)
      Moreno
      (0%)
      Lucas
      (2.1%)
      Milner
      (66.7%)
      Lallan
      (0%)
      Firmino
      (0.7%)
      Coutinho
      (9.9%)
      Origi
      (3.5%)
      Sturridge
      (0%)
      Allen
      (0%)
      Ibe
      (0%)

Liverpool 4:0 Everton. In game and post match GET IN!

Read 36545 times
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Re: Liverpool 4:0 Everton. In game and post match GET IN!
      Reply #713: Apr 21, 2016 11:34:04 am
      Great performance from start to finish and we could have matched Barca with the chances we created.  Even when we beat them 4-0 a couple of years ago the Bitters were not as poor as they were this morning.  Only 3 touches inside our box is incredible really.

Milner is certainly stepping up his game.  Another great performance from him.

Sturridge seems to be enjoying his football again, and the management of his return seems to be working, he looks like he is playing without thinking about it now.  His movement and overall involvement is almost back.

Hopefully Origi is not out too long.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #714: Apr 21, 2016 11:34:20 am
      Looks like a rapist, has the dignity of a sewer rat.
      Terrible tackle deserves the straight red, but I feel that he is tugging the badge more out of embarrassment that anything else.... 
      He knows he has f*^ked up, cost the team, maybe broken Origi's ankle and is trying to take some of the flack off himself by claiming the fans that he was fighting for the team...

We all do stupid things when we are embarrassed.. I remember when i was in my early teens asking a girl to slow dance only to have her say afterward that i was not that go at dancing, and in reply I proclaimed loudly to everyone in ear shot that it was because she kept standing on me feet... As I said we do stupid things when embarrassed
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #715: Apr 21, 2016 11:36:07 am
      Easiest derby I've seen us win, could of been double figures with all the chances we had.

Between the goals, the songs and the laughing at how sh*te they actually are - I thoroughly F***ing enjoyed that!

The since 1995 & 1999 songs were F***ing genius.

Loved Big Mama's celebrations as well.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #716: Apr 21, 2016 11:43:28 am
      Clearly the secret to us winning the quadruple next season is me giving a few people their wish and f****** off for good! Yet another game where I didn't see any of it live sees us put in a quite astonishing performance. I know Everton have problems, but it could easily have been 8-0!

At the moment us and Spurs are the best team in the league by miles and it's now even possible we could get into the top four, (although still a bit of a long shot). The players we spunked money on are coming good, the leaders are finally standing up, James Milner is turning "plodding" into an art form, and our improvement isn't just in terms of left footed passes in the centre circle, it's even translating into points, goals, clean sheets and stuff!

I'm scared to watch the next match in case I f*** it up  :lmao:.

Just makes it all the more difficult in the summer mate. Half the players playing well at the moment I had on my "leaving Liverpool" list. I have more crossings out than names now! :)

Great to see us totally dominating teams and getting the goals too. 14 goals in our last 4 games means we must be doing something right. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #717: Apr 21, 2016 11:51:14 am
      That tit Mori, was he even getting chastised by the assistant manager as he was going off? Looked like someone in an Everton jacket was having a serious word with him.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #718: Apr 21, 2016 11:54:54 am
      Just makes it all the more difficult in the summer mate. Half the players playing well at the moment I had on my "leaving Liverpool" list. I have more crossings out than names now! :)

Great to see us totally dominating teams and getting the goals too. 14 goals in our last 4 games means we must be doing something right.

It endorses what a lot of us have said; Liverpool don't need a major clear out, they just need to get rid of the dead wood and bring in a touch of class. We do that, keep Sturridge and Origi fit and keep this momentum going and there is a very real chance of a title run in next season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #719: Apr 21, 2016 12:05:43 pm

>:D
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #720: Apr 21, 2016 12:10:21 pm
      I'd now take ordinary players who can execute Klopp's tactics well than some famous/highly rated bloke from elsewhere. Having players who are able to carry out what the boss wants them to do is more important than having expensive star players who cannot fit in.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #721: Apr 21, 2016 12:35:02 pm
      FUUUUUCK!! ;D

Cheer up love, it could be worse......

Not.  :P
      :lmao:
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #722: Apr 21, 2016 12:44:21 pm
      I'd now take ordinary players who can execute Klopp's tactics well than some famous/highly rated bloke from elsewhere. Having players who are able to carry out what the boss wants them to do is more important than having expensive star players who cannot fit in.

I agree and that's why I have extra hope for our young players. If they can execute Klopps way of playing then we could have some future stars on our hands...he did it at dortmund so why not here.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #723: Apr 21, 2016 12:49:19 pm
      14 goals scored in te last 4 games.

Is it just me or are we getting the ball forward a lot quicker without Hendo in midfield?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #724: Apr 21, 2016 01:05:39 pm
      ANother superb win, even bfre the sending off we could have been 4 up easy. their goalie was their best player by miles.

Onwards and upwards LFC.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #725: Apr 21, 2016 01:11:50 pm

Is it just me or are we getting the ball forward a lot quicker without Hendo in midfield?

I think it was simply that Milner and Henderson didn't work well together, they both had the same weaknesses and it left us too exposed.

Admittedly we may also be getting the ball forward faster without Henderson's Chuckle brothers routine ... "to me to you" which used to irritate the life out of me.   
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #726: Apr 21, 2016 01:15:34 pm

I really think you could be right there. Thing is Hendo was not averse to getting the ball forward two years ago. I remember a beautiful defence splitting pass for Suarez to score against Cardiff in December 2013 which showed his ability but my god he somewhat regressed to the tame, timid and cautious Hendo of a few years back. Since he's been injured it has been remarkable just how much more decisive the midfield has been and dare I say, dominant? Before his injury Henderson always seemed to be caught in between spaces - occupying no man lands where you couldn't press or block passes. If he did step forward to press the ease with which teams would go around him was so obvious. I think Henderson has a lot of work to prove that he deserves a place in the starting eleven. Lucas, Allen, Can, Milner - they all play with so much more purpose, clarity and decisiveness.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #727: Apr 21, 2016 01:16:32 pm
      FUUUUUCK!! ;D

Cheer up love, it could be worse......

Not.  :P

She's got a bit of the crazy eyes going there  ;D
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #728: Apr 21, 2016 01:17:44 pm

Absolutely so. That unnecessary side pass that made the difference and took the momentum out of an attack.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #729: Apr 21, 2016 01:30:52 pm
      Feel great today....
      Grinning from ear to ear...

Loved every minute of that..

Lallana should've had a hat trick first half!..
      Second half was like a kick about at Melwood...

Took the piss we did..

What's the motto under their badge ? FOUR NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM or something ;D

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,695 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #730: Apr 21, 2016 01:31:56 pm
      Milner, Origi an Sturridge had stepped up their game a lot in these passed weeks. Keep it up.

Brilliant game and atmosphere.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #731: Apr 21, 2016 01:32:28 pm
      I think it was simply that Milner and Henderson didn't work well together, they both had the same weaknesses and it left us too exposed.

Admittedly we may also be getting the ball forward faster without Henderson's Chuckle brothers routine ... "to me to you" which used to irritate the life out of me.   

Me too. I hated it so much almost threw the remote at the TV few times.

Personally, we would not miss (we are *NOT* missing Henderson now) if he is sold. I would be very happy if he goes instead of born again Pirlo. Pirlo brings urgency to the game and goes forward.

Please Klopp sell Henderson in summer - PLEASE.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #732: Apr 21, 2016 02:04:29 pm
      Just a Good all round training session in preparation for bar codes and Europe league.
      Unfortunate injury to Origi, but almost expect that sort of thing when you are humiliating the opposition in a local derby !
      He should get a min 3 game ban plus a gbh with intent charge!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #733: Apr 21, 2016 02:04:39 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2U2Ui19DyE&feature=youtu.be

This and Klopp laughing his head off for the last 20 minutes is utterly humiliating for them. Then I read John Henry's twitter account and found out what Bush League in America meant - basically called Everton a minor league side. All in all I can't think of a more embarrassing day Everton have had.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #734: Apr 21, 2016 02:06:36 pm
      Seven players (Can, Milner, Hendo, Allen, Lukas, Stewart and Grujić) can compete for CM spot next season. I guess two of those players will go next tranfer window (Grujić is not one of them obviously). I'm afraid Allen is one of them. Don't know about Hendo, he wasn't himself after injury but this could be changed after proper preseason under Klopp. Anyway, I think we will sign another CM this summer, someone who could be perfect fit to play alongside Can.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #735: Apr 21, 2016 02:09:29 pm
      I really think you could be right there. Thing is Hendo was not averse to getting the ball forward two years ago. I remember a beautiful defence splitting pass for Suarez to score against Cardiff in December 2013 which showed his ability but my god he somewhat regressed to the tame, timid and cautious Hendo of a few years back. Since he's been injured it has been remarkable just how much more decisive the midfield has been and dare I say, dominant? Before his injury Henderson always seemed to be caught in between spaces - occupying no man lands where you couldn't press or block passes. If he did step forward to press the ease with which teams would go around him was so obvious. I think Henderson has a lot of work to prove that he deserves a place in the starting eleven. Lucas, Allen, Can, Milner - they all play with so much more purpose, clarity and decisiveness.

Agreed, I'd also say bravery.

There's a fear of failure that seems to emanate from Hendo, it's why people get so frustrated with him because, as you say, he does seem to possess the skill but the application or willingness to try let's him down all too often. It's been a pleasure to see our side without the likes of Henderson and Skrtel to be honest, really highlighting what a lot of us believed.

Quick Reply