Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

Michael Owen appointed International ambassador for Liverpool FC

Read 51442 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Re: Michael Owen appointed International ambassador for Liverpool FC
      Reply #276: May 26, 2017 04:27:06 pm
      I'm in with the arsed crowd here,small time with the petition,we've got way more supporter issues than Owen.Kinda more concerned about why so many of ours were watching United in a cup final.hmmm. ;)
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,627 posts | 762 
      Reply #277: May 26, 2017 04:44:47 pm
      didnt beardsley play for everton?

didnt peter schmeichell play for city?

yall need to grow the F up.

its not like he went DIRECTLY to united.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,627 posts | 762 
      Re: Micheal Owen appointed International ambassador for Liverpool FC
      Reply #278: May 26, 2017 04:46:11 pm
      I fully disagree with this appointment. He played for arch rival and I can never forgive him. All my anger is because when I was growing up, he was my favourite player more than Gerrard but he betrayed our friendship.

However as a Religion teacher, I forgave him but did not forget what he did.

i'll never forgive 70% of this forum voting to Sell Suarez, because he nibbled a Chelsea player. Bunch of emos ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #279: May 26, 2017 05:02:58 pm
      You want him to lose a job and be humiliated in the media ? For saying " We "  when talking about Man U ?  Good to see you're not one of those people who over react easily .
      I don't know him personally but he did a pretty good job for us on the pitch and scored goals that won us trophies  , once he left us he could do what he wanted . Big deal.

YES.  I do.

Do you have a problem with that ?

He cant even stay impartial trousering a fat fee for his whining "commentary".

Sit down tonight and go right back to when  Rafa came in and the way Owen pissed him off. 

He had the choice finally at the end of his Madrid / Newcastle snake oil story to  do what he wanted.

He must have been desperate to join the Scum on a "pay as you play" basis not realising that Ferguson was jerking off over the whole thing. Loving that he had got one over on LFC .

When you've found out who Phil Chisnall is  come back and tell me who and what he is and what he represents .
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #280: May 26, 2017 05:05:42 pm
      Hope everyone signs the petition ...  and when the club does see sense we can then publicise his sacking in the media.

Will enjoy that.

Already done 👍🏻

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8677 
      Reply #281: May 26, 2017 05:07:32 pm
      I'm surprised being from Huyton you hate Everton and the mancs equally. I'm from Prescot so the same neck of the woods as you pretty much and I'm sure like me and anyone else from Merseyside you have many blue mates.

I hate Everton too come derby day, but in general I laugh at them more than i despise them. They're just our noisy daft neighbours.

I do, I wind them up to death cos they're bitter as F**k and they F***ing hate me cos I go the match and the sh*te they come out with about reds not going the game won't wash with me. I just buzz off the cu*ts, same way I buzz off the mancs. But that stuff about them being daft, nah some of them bluenoses are horrible, bitter, bas**rds!

I used to work with Alan Stubb's brother-in-law in Kirkby, another blue who every single day would bring the F***ing rag in and leave it by my desk and tell me "he only buys it for the racing."

My motto for them is once a blue..............always a manc!!

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,513 posts | 2873 
      Reply #282: May 26, 2017 05:08:21 pm
      He's a bit of a tw*t who should never have got that position but all this petition stuff is just ridiculous and very Everton-esque.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #283: May 26, 2017 05:08:34 pm
      I'm in with the arsed crowd here,small time with the petition,we've got way more supporter issues than Owen.Kinda more concerned about why so many of ours were watching United in a cup final.hmmm. ;)

Probably something to do with attempting to put the knockers on them and see them lose.

Bah! Lucky feckers 😡

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8677 
      Reply #284: May 26, 2017 05:09:51 pm

It's footy and there was F**k all else on the telly ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8677 
      Reply #285: May 26, 2017 05:14:37 pm
      Owen should never have signed for them. It's not as if he was short of offers but as usual he was thinking about himself and not the millions of people who once loved and supported him.

Also, I couldn't give a sh*t what people sing or shout. Never gave a F**k about what other fans think or say about us and I won't be starting now.

As for Owen, he was pretty much irrelevant to me when he decided to F**k off to Madrid.

End of the day he was signed up by the yanks to sell some merch to our global fans.

Must kill him knowing one of our greatest nights of recent times and he was sat in a villa in Madrid watching it on the telly!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #286: May 26, 2017 05:16:11 pm

He what!

What a C**t.

* May contain fake news.

Well it's not a choke slam but there was this infamous piece of footage from Michael Owen's Soccer Skills (I don't have it on VHS myself...honest)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqOxNspUPyE

Notice Neville Southall doing all the coaching. No tips or advice from Owen who could have given the young lad tips on how to prepare against strikers instincts and all that. Instead when he scores (which is often) he chooses to gallivant round the field, giggle as he rounds the keeper and pretty much rub it in the face of the poor young keeper who's doing his absolute best. 'Well done he's 13' says an empathetic Southall at the end.

What a c**t.

He choke slammed the poor kid after filming ended.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #287: May 26, 2017 05:33:15 pm
      Well it's not a choke slam but there was this infamous piece of footage from Michael Owen's Soccer Skills (I don't have it on VHS myself...honest)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqOxNspUPyE

Notice Neville Southall doing all the coaching. No tips or advice from Owen who could have given the young lad tips on how to prepare against strikers instincts and all that. Instead when he scores (which is often) he chooses to gallivant round the field, giggle as he rounds the keeper and pretty much rub it in the face of the poor young keeper who's doing his absolute best. 'Well done he's 13' says an empathetic Southall at the end.

What a c**t.

He choke slammed the poor kid after filming ended.

I heard he Tombstoned the mother of that kid when she came to pick him up....
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #288: May 26, 2017 06:52:10 pm
      I heard he Tombstoned the mother of that kid when she came to pick him up...

That wasn't even the worst carnage, he then gave the father a two hour commentary on why he did it, poor cu*ts ears were bleeding.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,305 posts | 2771 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #289: May 26, 2017 06:58:55 pm
      I also don't understand why some of you call your passed legends. Owen did a great job for you when he was at the club. He helped put Liverpool in the record books like so many legends at Liverpool. If / when Rooney leaves United I wish him the very best of luck no matter what club he goes to. I'll remember all the good times he did for our great club.

Very rare you see any player play for just one club. That's football and shouldn't really be any ill feeling. Have YOU!!! been in the same company all your life??
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #290: May 26, 2017 07:05:04 pm
      YES.  I do.

Do you have a problem with that ?

He cant even stay impartial trousering a fat fee for his whining "commentary".

Sit down tonight and go right back to when  Rafa came in and the way Owen pissed him off. 

He had the choice finally at the end of his Madrid / Newcastle snake oil story to  do what he wanted.

He must have been desperate to join the Scum on a "pay as you play" basis not realising that Ferguson was jerking off over the whole thing. Loving that he had got one over on LFC .

When you've found out who Phil Chisnall is  come back and tell me who and what he is and what he represents .
      I'm a live and let live kinda person , petty grudges aren't for me. I couldn't give a F**k who Phil Chisnall is .
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,217 posts | 1646 
      Reply #291: May 26, 2017 07:09:20 pm
      I also don't understand why some of you call your passed legends. Owen did a great job for you when he was at the club. He helped put Liverpool in the record books like so many legends at Liverpool. If / when Rooney leaves United I wish him the very best of luck no matter what club he goes to. I'll remember all the good times he did for our great club.

Very rare you see any player play for just one club. That's football and shouldn't really be any ill feeling. Have YOU!!! been in the same company all your life??

Firstly you can't compare clubs to company's. One pays you a fortune for doing a hobby the other is to out good on the table and if you're lucky it pays enough for you to be able to finance a decent motor which you'll pay off for years.

Secondly, Rooney will be leaving you at a time that all fans want him to leave not slap bang in his prime for a pittance.

I'm not that arsed about Owen really but when he joined the mancs initially I was angry at I'm but now, I'm over it. But I can see why people can't stand him, he seems like a right little gobs***e imo.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,305 posts | 2771 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #292: May 26, 2017 08:24:26 pm
      Firstly you can't compare clubs to company's. One pays you a fortune for doing a hobby the other is to out good on the table and if you're lucky it pays enough for you to be able to finance a decent motor which you'll pay off for years.

Secondly, Rooney will be leaving you at a time that all fans want him to leave not slap bang in his prime for a pittance.

I'm not that arsed about Owen really but when he joined the mancs initially I was angry at I'm but now, I'm over it. But I can see why people can't stand him, he seems like a right little gobs***e imo.

Company/job it's all the same thing in my opinion RW. It's not as if Owen came to United straight from Liverpool. I remember when Ince came to your place, wasn't ideal but he never got slagged off by me, no doubt he got plenty of stick from other mancs. However, I just look at it he spent his best years at United.

Owen spent his best years at Liverpool and that's all that matters. Rooney also spent his best years at United.  I find it very frustrating that fans call legends in their swan song years when in reality they gave us fans their best years...

Rant over.  :D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #293: May 26, 2017 11:19:39 pm

Keith I think you need to understand the way Owen left L.F.C. For a start he led us supporters to believe he would sign a new contract for a whole season,when he had no intention to sign.He run his contract down and so enabled Real Madrid to buy him for a measly 8 million quid and they were able to on sell Owen for a profit 12 months later.Also the majority of supporters  believe he lost  any right to represent this club when he signed for Manure.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #294: May 26, 2017 11:26:22 pm
      Actually scrap everything I've said. Just saw a replay of the 2001 Cup final on BT Sport. Two quick fire goals from Owen. Belter.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #295: May 27, 2017 01:57:56 am
      At the end of the day, the role itself doesn't mean sh*t!

Its like the titles given by the queen. OBE, MBE, SIR, look at who holds them titles! it means FECK ALL. It used to don't get me wrong, but today? nope, its all about the money and rep. Nothing more.

For me Kenny Dalglish, his stand, is the talking point, and will be for years. Owen and this ridiculous ambassador thing, in a couple of months? who will give a sh*t?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,627 posts | 762 
      Reply #296: May 27, 2017 02:25:28 am
      wait? someone started a petition? ;D how arsenal fan TV are u? Embarrassing.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8677 
      Reply #297: May 27, 2017 02:33:33 am
      wait? someone started a petition? ;D how arsenal fan TV are u? Embarrassing.

It was started I think by someone on Twitter after originally trying to contact Tony Barrett, only to be told he doesn't start work in his role until the end of June.

As said I remember us laughing our heads off when some Everton fan started one over ref Mark Clattenburg awarding us two pens and not sending off Kuyt after we won a derby at Goodison 2-1.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #298: May 27, 2017 10:02:59 am
      I'm a live and let live kinda person , petty grudges aren't for me. I couldn't give a f**k who Phil Chisnall is .

I will educate you and tell you who Phil Chisnall is,he was signed from manure in 1964 about the same time as we signed Geoff Strong from Arsenal.Geoff Strong made the grade with Bill Shankly but Phil Chisnall didn't and we sold him to Southend. Regarding Owen and bearing grudges If he had been upfront and given a honest reason as to why he wanted to leave instead of feeding us a load of sh*te for 12 months that he would sign a new contract then his actions might of been viewed differently.
       In the 1965 F.A. Cup Final it was a toss up between Chisnall and Geoff Strong who would replace the injured Gordon Milne,Shanks got it right and chose Geoff Strong.
      « Last Edit: May 27, 2017 10:20:24 am by Billy1 »

Quick Reply