Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      7 (10.3%)
      Connor Randall
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (4.4%)
      Alberto Moreno
      11 (16.2%)
      Kevin Stewart
      2 (2.9%)
      Joe Allen
      6 (8.8%)
      James Milner
      3 (4.4%)
      Adam Lallana
      24 (35.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      11 (16.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Sheyi Ojo
      1 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: Apr 28, 2016 04:58:12 pm

Liverpool 2-2 Newcastle: In game and Post Match debates

Read 26288 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Newcastle: In game and Post Match debates
      Reply #345: Apr 23, 2016 05:21:11 pm
      Don't worry guys Migs has not given a goal away to the opposition for a while so hopefully we are ok for the next few weeks!
      Seriously what a clown, if anyone can justify this idiot remaining number one next season please come forward.

Some frailties of a lack of midfield cover when the opposition hit us on the break. Not surprised Allen was subbed after that.

Oh well 4th was a pipe dream anyway and if we are going to drop 2 points then might as well be Rafa.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #346: Apr 23, 2016 05:21:55 pm

I dunno mate. First Can then Origi, now probably Sakho ... then this. Think we are on the very edge at the moment mate.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,198 posts | 1274 
      Reply #347: Apr 23, 2016 05:23:12 pm
      One hell of a manager in Brendan Rodgers who brought migs here. That was the start of all our problems. And it hasn't ended.

He shouldn't have signed him, but who was the c*nt who recommended him? And more importantly, is that chump still employed by Liverpool?

Most likely one of those low league simpleton neanderthals in the transfer committee.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #348: Apr 23, 2016 05:25:03 pm
      Don't worry guys Migs has not given a goal away to the opposition for a while so hopefully we are ok for the next few weeks!
      Seriously what a clown, if anyone can justify this idiot remaining number one next season please come forward.

Some frailties of a lack of midfield cover when the opposition hit us on the break. Not surprised Allen was subbed after that.

Oh well 4th was a pipe dream anyway and if we are going to drop 2 points then might as well be Rafa.

I cannot think of ONE Liverpool fan, no matter how crazy he or she is, who thinks he should be our number 1 goalkeeper. As you say though, if one steps forward I'd be astonished.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #349: Apr 23, 2016 05:25:21 pm
      I dunno mate. First Can then Origi, now probably Sakho ... then this. Think we are on the very edge at the moment mate.
      Like a 3 foot 10 inch judge - just another little thing sent to try us.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #350: Apr 23, 2016 05:25:35 pm
      Any defeat is heartbreaking but todays game and the one against the saints are the ones that piss me right off the most.
      I'm not sure what attitude the lads came out with second half but it certainly wasn't the right one,2 goals up or not the game is never over until the final  F***ing whistle,one thing you never do is think a game is won after only 45 minutes.
      As was said during the game ( by son of gun ) that howler from migs gave them belief and our defence lost there arses & went to bits.
      I've personally got no faith at all in our
      Keeper and at times I don't think our defence has.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #351: Apr 23, 2016 05:26:42 pm
      Some even argued he was better than Reina, hilarious to be honest.

I don't usually mention those posts when I am in "I told you so" mode. 
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 764 
      Reply #352: Apr 23, 2016 05:27:20 pm
      Another 2 points thrown away, along with Sakho's drug test failure, as well as injuries. This does not bode well for next Thursday's  semi final.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #353: Apr 23, 2016 05:32:09 pm
      As mentioned by others our two youngsters today were awful.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #354: Apr 23, 2016 05:33:40 pm
      Another 2 points thrown away, along with Sakho's drug test failure, as well as injuries. This does not bode well for next Thursday's  semi final.

Toure was all over the place on that second half. The idea that we can play Lucas alongside Lovren is probably a non starter because we need Lucas in midfield because of the injuries we have there. Today also highlights the need of adequate cover for Clyne. Clyne's speed and work rate on the right ensures not only that we defend well but by getting forward in support of attack he also gives us different routes for goals. With Clyne in our team we guarantee more goals and less goals conceded, quite the reverse from Randall who I think, we score less and concede more due to his sheer inability to provide anything in attack today and tendency to get beat too easily at the back. Flanagan is a much better player than Randall but even then is a poor choice for cover for Clyne. Quite frankly, if Clyne got injured it would be season over!

Sad to say that Jürgen doesn't have a lot to play with.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #355: Apr 23, 2016 05:35:40 pm
      At least the positive from today is it highlights exactly where we need help.

GK
      CM
      RB cover

all essential in the summer.

The massive negative is that it will hurt the confidence we had built up and with so few options to change things what does Jürgen do. Would be an enormous call to change for Ward in a Europa League semi-final, I personally don't see that happening.

RB is an easy fix of course, CM is not.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,646 posts | 6942 
      Reply #356: Apr 23, 2016 05:35:55 pm
      Only defence I can give Mignolet isn't that he hadn't played for 10 days.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #357: Apr 23, 2016 05:36:05 pm
      As mentioned by others our two youngsters today were awful.

Ojo was decent when he came on.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #358: Apr 23, 2016 05:41:20 pm
      I know people will say it's harsh to blame Randall but he was at fault for both their goals, as much as Migs made a classic calamity of the first he still had his header to win and was nowhere near it. Second he just doesn't get out for the block, granted that is more difficult but still it was no surprise to see him subbed off.

I agree with Randall. As for Migs, I don't think it was a huge calamity, he just wasn't good enough, it was either gamble on the free header or intercept the cross as he knew Randall was in trouble, , but unfortunately, Migs was too slow in coming out and missed the punch (I'm sure a better keeper would've got to that ball quicker).

I'm not gonna blame Migs for our loss, nor Randall or our midfield, but what I would say is, under Klopp, even if we are winning, rather than having that defensive mind set, we're still in attacking mode and trying to get that 2nd, 3rd, 4th goal etc which will leave us vulnerable throughout the match. Sometimes, we need to know when to switch off attack mode and play more cautious when we are in the lead imo , especially when we have a weaker team.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #359: Apr 23, 2016 05:42:28 pm
      Only positive I can think of is that my self imposed exile from watching us can now end. On a slightly more annoying note, I told a load of Chelsea fans downstairs that we we were the best team in the league bar none at half time. I'll get f****** loads off them c**** tonight.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #360: Apr 23, 2016 05:43:59 pm
      Only defence I can give Mignolet isn't that he hadn't played for 10 days.
      If it had been 310 days we would have been some where around 2nd place  :roll:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #361: Apr 23, 2016 05:45:45 pm
      That [losing points from winning positions] has grown, unchecked, to absolutely ridiculous, almost laughable, proportions DW.  :-\

I remember when the calls used to go out for a new goalkeeping coach and/or a dedicated defensive coach - I'm actually surprised they haven't resurfaced, loud and clear, way before now.

F**k only knows what the answer is (I still look at quality of personnel first n foremost) but the problem has become embarrassing and something new needs to happen.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #362: Apr 23, 2016 05:45:53 pm
      I agree with Randall. As for Migs, I don't think it was a huge calamity, he just wasn't good enough, it was either gamble on the free header or intercept the cross as he knew Randall was in trouble, , but unfortunately, Migs was too slow in coming out and missed the punch (I'm sure a better keeper would've got to that ball quicker).

I'm not gonna blame Migs for our loss, nor Randall or our midfield, but what I would say is, under Klopp, even if we are winning, rather than having that defensive mind set, we're still in attacking mode and trying to get that 2nd, 3rd, 4th goal etc which will leave us vulnerable throughout the match. Sometimes, we need to know when to switch off attack mode and play more cautious when we are in the lead imo , especially when we have a weaker team.

Agree that we must know when to switch and control the game but you do need a solid midfield for that option and it's where, even in the first half, I felt we just didn't have the control in there to be totally confident.

In terms of Migs coming out to bail Randall out, I think you're giving Migs too much credit there mate his eyes are firmly fixed on the ball and he's bought the idea that he can make it. Some may suggest it's the quality of cross but that's something keepers train on every single session so there's no excuse for that one. In terms of Randall's mistake, he's young, he sees a keeper barreling towards him and probably thinks the keeper's responsibility at that point which it isn't. He still has to compete for that header which he fails to do so personally I'd hold them both culpable.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #363: Apr 23, 2016 05:52:23 pm

When your on the very edge mate, you push back harder, just ask Scottish shepherds, and their sheep, they've always got a smile on their faces,    ;)  ;D

YNWA
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #364: Apr 23, 2016 05:53:28 pm
      What a joke, F^*ked up my weekend....
      Well lets hope this was some sought of plan, to help out Rafa and Newcastle and that in return they buy Mignolet of £35m (What we paid for Carroll) and give us a couple young players,(Rolando Aarons Being one) in return  :roll:... It might, just might rescue my weekend
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #365: Apr 23, 2016 05:53:33 pm
      were far too casual as an attacking unit, and i would put money that our ability to score or even find a team mate from a corner is in the bottom three in the league.

if all the central defenders and keeper left in the summer i would not but an eye lid.

for all the experience at all levels that they all have, on far to many occasions they play like conference players

i wonder what was said at half time - as it seems like everyone downed tools
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #366: Apr 23, 2016 05:54:15 pm
      When your on the very edge mate, you push back harder, just ask Scottish shepherds, and their sheep, they've always got a smile on their faces,    ;)  ;D

YNWA

I prefer the Welsh method... a pair of Wellies for their back legs and then take a long run up. :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #367: Apr 23, 2016 05:54:17 pm
      What the hell happened. I stop watching (to go to a memorial service  :'() and find out we threw away a 2 goal lead?

Good grief

Quick Reply