Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      6 (6.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (1.1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (3.4%)
      Kolo Toure
      8 (9.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      3 (3.4%)
      Lucas Leiva
      21 (23.9%)
      Joe Allen
      33 (37.5%)
      James Milner
      9 (10.2%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (1.1%)
      Phil Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.1%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      2 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: May 01, 2016 10:00:21 pm

Villarreal 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post match debates

Read 40853 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Villarreal 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post match debates
      Reply #690: Apr 29, 2016 11:27:11 am
      I understand the frustration here,we were unlucky to concede;  but had Alberto Moreno been more composed in his effort the result could have been so different.... I am quietly confident with what I saw last night to believe that we will get a result when they come to Anfield... Feel Klopp was trying to look after Sturrigde while trying to give Benteke some game time should we need him down the line due to the Injures we have in the striker department

The thing for me is that, that run Moreno makes is Sturridge making it if he's on with the ball almost guaranteed to end up in the back of the net, not the back of the stands. No ifs, no buts, Klopp fu**ed up last night in his team selection and substitutions and we paid for it. It happens. What's important now is that he gets it right for the return leg and we give Villa a footballing lesson they'll never forget.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #691: Apr 29, 2016 11:45:20 am
      The thing for me is that, that run Moreno makes is Sturridge making it if he's on with the ball almost guaranteed to end up in the back of the net, not the back of the stands. No ifs, no buts, Klopp fu**ed up last night in his team selection and substitutions and we paid for it. It happens. What's important now is that he gets it right for the return leg and we give Villa a footballing lesson they'll never forget.

Villa already had a footballing lesson from us - remember? 6-1 was it? ;)  :f_tongueincheek:

Now, it is Villarreal's turn.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #692: Apr 29, 2016 11:45:57 am

Sturridge would not have won the ball in the first place!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #693: Apr 29, 2016 11:51:25 am

But Sturridge would have been in the penalty area waiting for the pass. Which would have made it all the more frustrating when Moreno ignored him and just blasted it into the crowd.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #694: Apr 29, 2016 11:57:48 am
      But Sturridge would have been in the penalty area waiting for the pass. Which would have made it all the more frustrating when Moreno ignored him and just blasted it into the crowd.

Moreno doesn't have the composure in defence or attack to look up and see what is around him so even if Studge was there Moreno would still have put the ball in the top stand.

I agree Studge should have been on instead of Ibe.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #695: Apr 29, 2016 12:00:08 pm
      Moreno doesn't have the composure in defence or attack to look up and see what is around him so even if Studge was there Moreno would still have put the ball in the top stand.

I just said that :)

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #696: Apr 29, 2016 12:14:42 pm

Sorry didn't read your post fully.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #697: Apr 29, 2016 12:16:21 pm

No worries mate...not many do :(
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #698: Apr 29, 2016 12:20:06 pm

;D

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #699: Apr 29, 2016 01:18:21 pm

I don't understand you at all. When in the history of the game, has anything other than goals ever won a match? We had no goals in us last night. None. Zilch. Not a dicky bird. Why? Because Klopp made the wrong decision on the team. He is fallible. He does make mistakes now and then like the rest of us. Firmino has been out of form for the last couple of months. Benteke has been out of form all season. Origi and Sturridge have both been in red hot form but only one of them was available for selection. Even if you don't start with Sturridge, to bring Benteke on rather than him was simply to compound the mistake and he cannot claim to operate a meritocracy. Pundits see it. Journalists see it. The majority of fans see it. Why can't you?
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #700: Apr 29, 2016 01:23:21 pm
      I think Klopp's tactic was spot on but team selection and substitutions were bizarre at best. Most of the time we didn't press high which is good decision IMO. Villarreal actually invited us to press higher with recycling the ball in deeper areas when they had the ball. We defend fairly compact and also have three decent chances to score.

Team selection is other thing. If we decided not to press higher than Studge was better option than Firmino up front. It was totally different game than, for example, against Manchester City  where other team were happy to attack us and we got enough space to kill them at the counter. But Villarreal defend with overloading deep area with eight or nine players and use pace up front when they get the opportunity. Studge is way better than any of our available players to score or combine in front of goal in a tight space. Also, it's strange that we start to press higher late in the game when Benteke came into the game. He cannot press effectievly and he didn't offer any smart movement up front.

At Anfield we need to attack and it will be difficult game IMO. They don't have world-beaters in the team but they know how to defend very well and use the space in the counter. They will have the chance because we need to be proactive in the second leg which will suit them pretty well.

I hope I'm wrong and hope we destroy those cu*ts 4-0 at Anfield.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #701: Apr 29, 2016 01:34:21 pm

;D
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #702: Apr 29, 2016 01:38:46 pm
      Villarreal taught were very poor side, every time we play teams we should beat we seem go to sh*t
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #703: Apr 29, 2016 02:12:05 pm
      I don't understand you at all. When in the history of the game, has anything other than goals ever won a match? We had no goals in us last night. None. Zilch. Not a dicky bird. Why? Because Klopp made the wrong decision on the team. He is fallible. He does make mistakes now and then like the rest of us. Firmino has been out of form for the last couple of months. Benteke has been out of form all season. Origi and Sturridge have both been in red hot form but only one of them was available for selection. Even if you don't start with Sturridge, to bring Benteke on rather than him was simply to compound the mistake and he cannot claim to operate a meritocracy. Pundits see it. Journalists see it. The majority of fans see it. Why can't you?

I have already said Sturridge should have come on instead of Ibe.

It's your assertion that Sturridge would have regained the ball off the opposition like Moreno did that I was questioning.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #704: Apr 29, 2016 02:46:30 pm
      Its clear Origi is a Klopp type of player runs all day for the team takes the pressure off in away games and scores goals. That isn't Danny is it. However  I think we will see him start on Thursday and if we get to the final because we have to win those games.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #705: Apr 29, 2016 03:50:28 pm
      F**k me people have it out for Alberto don't they. Saying he should have been more composed in front of goal. I didn't see anyone else getting to that position, no one else has the pace to get there and then judging a left back on his finishing of a tough chance is more than harsh.

Fair enough talk about defensively but going on about the very difficult chance he made himself is too far I think.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #706: Apr 29, 2016 04:38:53 pm

Shooting accuracy of Hendo  TBH

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #707: Apr 29, 2016 04:39:28 pm
      l think their curse on our club, injuries to best players and when things going well sakho failed drug test and when we come close winning league and league we end up F***ing up,
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #708: Apr 29, 2016 06:53:58 pm
      F**k me people have it out for Alberto don't they. Saying he should have been more composed in front of goal. I didn't see anyone else getting to that position, no one else has the pace to get there and then judging a left back on his finishing of a tough chance is more than harsh.

Fair enough talk about defensively but going on about the very difficult chance he made himself is too far I think.

Yet they don't mention the new messiahs blatant shitbag effort in front of goal (Joe Allah is his new name apparently ... it's F***ing embarrassing & not funny). Moreno is the fashionable punchbag when early on in the season people were up his arse constantly.

No real anger in this post tbh, I was going to remove it. It may come across as mad anger and I'm not even having a go a Allen's rebirth as a player who we admire because he's come back like a mo fo.
      « Last Edit: Apr 29, 2016 07:09:44 pm by fishÏ€ »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #709: Apr 29, 2016 07:04:41 pm
      Moreno's "chance" was neither here nor there. When you've got to sprint half the length of the pitch with a defender biting at your heels before trying a snapshot on the run you're up against it.

Defensively though and specifically positionally he is a disaster waiting to happen. I cannot imagine what's going through his head when with two minutes of stoppage time remaining and the scores at 0-0 he goes haring off out of position to try and win a tackle. Surely at some point if he is too thick to work it out for himself someobody has got to say "Alberto, just sit in and hold until the fella with the whistle blows it for the end of the game". I can't be THAT hard, can it?
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #710: Apr 29, 2016 07:08:16 pm
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,551 posts | 726 
      Reply #711: Apr 29, 2016 07:08:48 pm
      Match finished in the 93rd minute.

what i love about forums. Despite the fact that i clearly said i only saw clips and didn't see the whole game.

Rather than talk about the main point of the comment. people would rather point out minor irrelevant errors that have nothing to do with the overall topic at hand. Bravo

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #712: Apr 29, 2016 07:09:27 pm

:dunce2:

Quick Reply