Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

'Hillsborough' The Documentary. (1st UK broadcast 08/05/16)

Read 13714 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,950 posts | 5009 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: 'Hillsborough' The Documentary. (1st UK broadcast 08/05/16)
      Reply #92: May 11, 2016 11:35:08 am
      Ex Federation chief Middup refuses to comment on Hillsborough findings
      27 April 2016
      Paul Middup, who was chairman of the South Yorkshire branch of the Police Federation when the Hillsborough disaster occurred, has refused to comment on the inquest's verdict that fans were not to blame.

When ITV News visited him at his home, he said: "I'm not making any statement whatsoever about Hillsborough."

At the time, he was quoted in The S*n as confirming stories published under the headline The Truth, and he was also filmed telling ITV News that the "vast majority" of fans had been drinking and were not listening to police.

When asked directly whether fans were to blame, he said at the time: "The police certainly aren't to blame, because if the fans would do what the police had asked them to do, there wouldn't be any problem, because people would be orderly."
      Last updated Thu 28 Apr 2016
      http://www.itv.com/news/update/2016-04-27/paul-middup-says-he-will-not-be-making-a-statement-about-hillsborough/

Video on the link if you're interested.

Appreciate the update Pups, I have no intention of seeing this fuckers mug anymore than I would of sticking my fingers up bin ladens putrifying arse, there are no words currently discovered that could accurately describe how I feel about him and his lying cretinous cronies,

Even now when all evidence proves he/they were lying and covering their own arses he/they can't admit it, they undoubtedly are the lowest form of human life imaginable,

I need to stop now cos I'm F***ing seething to think that these kunts are still breathing !!

Peace & Justice '96'

YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #93: May 11, 2016 11:41:09 am

He's tried tweeting a sh*t apology and even tweeting that it's pretty low to criticise him and making statements about 'images we'd like to forget'

He's a fat bellend.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #94: May 11, 2016 11:44:20 am
      He's tried tweeting a sh*t apology and even tweeting that it's pretty low to criticise him and making statements about 'images we'd like to forget'

He's a fat bellend.

Fergie Arse licking  thundercunt mate.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,950 posts | 5009 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #95: May 11, 2016 11:49:56 am

WTF, is this f**ker for real, I'm just wondering if it wasn't Manure's team bus that got bottled would he spouted such a idiotic and immature comment, me thinks not, this is very obviously a typical comment from a ignorant f***in know all who really hasn't got a clue about the whole truth about Hillsborough,

To compare a few mindless thugs who chucked a few bottles to our '96' is off the f***in scale, I agree , sack the f**ker, he has no place in the public's eye when he can't recognise the difference between '96' innocent lives to that of a team bus.

YNWA
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #96: May 11, 2016 11:53:14 am
      I saw this when he said it and I had to think at first I had misunderstood what he had said I was fuming .I cant stand the little tw*t and he should be sacked as other Sky staff have been for saying offensive things.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #97: May 11, 2016 12:01:13 pm
      the ignorance over Hillsborough is just mindblowing and now this and his fake apologies . If people have twisted his words why apologise. This c**t needs taking down.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #98: May 11, 2016 12:08:11 pm

Been following this, he actually blames people for misunderstanding him.

Manc, Murdoch loving troll.

https://twitter.com/EamonnHolmes/status/730336307994468353

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #99: May 11, 2016 12:08:47 pm
      I think just because we've always known the Truth about Hillsborough, the lies are so ingrained into a generation of fans that they'll never accept anything other than what they were told in '89.

I know some have been genuinely shocked at the lies and cover up and have admitted they never believed our version but held their hands up and confessed they were duped and feel stupid and angry for it but the hate for us at that time mate us easy targets and will continue with their bile.

I'd be amazed if we didn't hear the usual nasty chants tonight.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #100: May 11, 2016 12:23:44 pm
      I think just because we've always known the Truth about Hillsborough, the lies are so ingrained into a generation of fans that they'll never accept anything other than what they were told in '89.

I know some have been genuinely shocked at the lies and cover up and have admitted they never believed our version but held their hands up and confessed they were duped and feel stupid and angry for it but the hate for us at that time mate us easy targets and will continue with their bile.

I'd be amazed if we didn't hear the usual nasty chants tonight.

Everyone has know the TRUTH, they have chosen to ignore it as it was convenient and funny for them to carry on with their bigoted abuse, a form of racism if you will.

The country, since Thatcher, has always advocated the abuse of Liverpool, as we are a bastion of solidarity and community spirit, and they have nothing.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #101: May 11, 2016 12:27:54 pm
      If they do it'll be interesting to see the FA's response.

It'll demand more than the usual lily livered, hand wringing sh*te.

They'd probably ignore it mate, they won't want to bringing themselves into controversy after seemingly swerving any blame in the recent Inquests.

Maybe a mass writ for slander for every away fan in the ground?  Make them all culpable until they realise they're all responsible for stopping it?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #102: May 11, 2016 12:37:17 pm
      Everyone has know the TRUTH, they have chosen to ignore it as it was convenient and funny for them to carry on with their bigoted abuse, a form of racism if you will.

The country, since Thatcher, has always advocated the abuse of Liverpool, as we are a bastion of solidarity and community spirit, and they have nothing.

Oh I get that mate, the establishment have always known it but the general public, other footy fans etc were quite happy to accept what they were told and have refused point blank to listen to any other version..

They hated us for winning everything. 

They blamed and hated us for all English teams being banned from Europe after Heysel even though it was the witch who insisted on it.

They may have been shocked at 96 people losing their lives at Hillsborough but they were more than happy to accept we were responsible for it and for some the verdicts don't and won't change that view.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #103: May 11, 2016 12:38:16 pm
      As a 23 year old, I wasn't even alive when it all happened. I was 9 years old when I started supporting Liverpool back in 2002. Back then, there weren't many news reports about the disaster where I live and I was too young to understand all the political and judicial stuff going on. After watching the Hillsborough Memorial Service as a teenager in 2009, it hit me. I started to understand how big it really was and how much it really meant to everyone involved.

Half a year ago I started reading and watching everything I could find about Hillsborough. News reports, newspaper articles, online reports, documentaries, threads on this forum... The extent of the cover-up is just mind-boggling. I just can't get my head around it. How can any human being do something like that? How did they live with themselves for so many years? Why would they let so many people go through hell for such a long time just to cover their own asses, knowing the truth? It's absolutely disgusting.

I just finished watching the documentary with my younger brother a few hours ago. Apparently the average age of those who died was 24. My brother and I are both in that age category and it feels really weird. So many people died doing what they loved, supporting their club, the club we all love. It's the connection we all have with the 96. My mother came home from work and saw me sitting in the couch. She instantly asked me why I looked so angry. We sat down and I told her everything I know about Hillsborough, trying to hold back my tears. As a law student I feel somewhat ashamed. Ashamed that I might be part of a system, albeit in another country, that failed so many people for so long.

It also fills me with great sadness, that a lot of people who fought so hard for the 96, aren't here to see the results of their hard work. Anne Williams comes to mind... What an amazing, strong woman. I'm proud to be a Liverpool supporter, proud to be a little part of such a big, warm and strong community that held its stand for so long, that never gave up.

I also signed the petition and forwarded it to the few Liverpool fans I know.

Justice for the 96 - They'll never walk alone.

Brilliant post, Danzel. Well said.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #104: May 11, 2016 12:43:04 pm
      I don't think they'd be able to, the chants already been raised in commons so the politician would have to raise it again.

And what are Parliament going to do to stop it mate?

They could maybe demand the FA or PL ban all opposition fans coming to Anfield.  Or demand that the Clubs are given hefty fines but no doubt somehow we'd be the main ones to suffer.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #105: May 11, 2016 04:34:43 pm
      Having watched the programme again, it is obvious that the whole disaster started because of  the prank by coppers in Sheffield playing a trick on one of the new recruits. Dressed in dark clothing and balaclavas, and with guns, they "abducted" the poor bugger and threatened him. This led to an inquiry in which, the totally blameless, Chief Inspector Brian Mole, who would have been in charge at Hillsborough being moved to another patch, and then to Duckenfield replacing him.

I wonder if these guys realise just what they started with a "little prank".

God forgive them.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #106: May 11, 2016 07:39:17 pm
      I keep thinking how upset I get with the likes of Holmes I know we all do and then I think how much more hurtful must it be for the families, its beyond belief and imagination how damaging these ignorant little pieces of sh*t are and why is he still in a job they were quick enough to sack Gray and Keyes for being sexist the death of 96 INNOCENT fans should not be the source of off the cuff remarks that are based on ignorance.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #107: May 11, 2016 11:00:12 pm
      Eamonn Holmes has always been a grade-A tosser. No surprise then that he supports Man Utd.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,269 posts | 4935 
      Reply #108: May 12, 2016 01:02:22 am
      Eamonn Holmes has always been a grade-A tosser. No surprise then that he supports Man Utd.

Yep.

He's a F***ing moron.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #109: May 12, 2016 04:57:43 am
      Watched this tonight with my wife.....she is not much of a sports follower and always commented when YNWA was sung before a match that it was like some kind of religion; she never really understood when I tried to explain it to her.

We were both in tears during the showing and she understands now.

God bless the 96 and they're families may all of them now be at peace.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #110: May 12, 2016 08:56:28 am
      I didn't see him this morning I expect he did not mention it today.

Quick Reply