Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Philippe Coutinho (PSG)

Read 28004 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (PSG)
      Reply #92: Jun 03, 2016 05:40:16 pm
      £45m is tempting in the event that we have some equally as good, if not better lined up (like Gotze)...

Should be able to get a high-quality forward AND central midfielder or left back with that amount.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #93: Jun 03, 2016 05:41:43 pm
      'I'd be surprised if Coutinho wanted to leave and amazed if Liverpool agreed to sell.' #lfc (James Pearce)
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #94: Jun 03, 2016 06:10:12 pm
      So we got more money for $terling then PSG reportedly offer for Coutinho.  :roll: Price should be bigger if we intend to sell.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #95: Jun 03, 2016 06:16:09 pm
      So we got more money for $terling then PSG reportedly offer for Coutinho.  :roll: Price should be bigger if we intend to sell.

The price should be;

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #96: Jun 03, 2016 06:20:29 pm
      If we can't get Bernando Silva or Isco, then we shouldn't look to sell :)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #97: Jun 03, 2016 06:24:14 pm
      Why post we should be able to get this or that if we sell Coutinho?

We've some deadwood to shift on and we've just won the lottery with TV money.

We don't 'need' to sell him to buy, nor should we if were serious about having a good go at the league this year with no European distractions.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #98: Jun 03, 2016 06:28:52 pm
      'I'd be surprised if Coutinho wanted to leave and amazed if Liverpool agreed to sell.' #lfc (James Pearce)

I think Pearce is half right. Wouldn't surprise me if Coutinho wanted to go.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #99: Jun 03, 2016 06:35:52 pm
      But with de gea - weren't they doing a swap deal with Navas and it failed as it wasn't completed in time (bloody fax machine)

That's what I was meaning mate. After something like that we would be looking to sell at the first opportunity, they have managed not only to keep him, but keep him happy.

Hopefully now I have said that, he fucks off back to Spain and they are forced to buy Mignolet or Bogdan as his replacement :)
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1668 
      • YNWA
      Reply #100: Jun 03, 2016 07:29:24 pm
      Maybe the context was the Copa, and something was lost in translation... I'm going to take it he was saying he misses seeing Brazil win cups, specially off the back of the German game in the WC at home.

Slightly odd comment though about the Cups, but won't read much into it for now. Even if he wants to go, and I currently don't think he does, don't think we should let him. Am sure Klopp will be reassuring him we'll win Cups next year, no pressure...
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #101: Jun 03, 2016 09:50:42 pm
      I think Pearce is half right. Wouldn't surprise me if Coutinho wanted to go.

It wouldn't come as a shock would it? We've all been saying on here for the last year or so that failure to win anything and sooner or later he'll be off.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #102: Jun 03, 2016 10:27:51 pm
      Catastrophic mistake selling one of our best players. Again.

Hate the way we're a selling club now.

F***ing bollocks
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #103: Jun 04, 2016 02:54:21 am
      Catastrophic mistake selling one of our best players. Again.

Hate the way we're a selling club now.

F***ing bollocks

WE HAVENT SOLD ANYONE.

RESPECTED JOURNOS SAYING IT WONT HAPPEN.

Geez...
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #104: Jun 04, 2016 04:02:46 am
      I would have more of an issue if sturidge was sold to be honest
      I like Phil but to me he is still very inconsistent
      Saying that though, he is still quite young and will certainly get better but Daniel in my opinion, when fit, is an utterly top striker and a player I feel we would be far more foolish to sell than Phil.
      Obviously I would rather not sell either or lalana, Lovren, firmino, Clyne or origi.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #105: Jun 04, 2016 05:33:42 am
      Kopite78
      Reply #106: Jun 04, 2016 08:47:16 am
      With respect to his comments about missing winning things as with all these things the context is missing as we don't see the question asked of him

Look he may go, he may not, it's going to be another long summer, but there's no point getting yourself in a twist over single lined comments without context provided and designed by reporters paid to fill column inches and get click bait
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #107: Jun 04, 2016 03:22:22 pm
      Apparently the vultures are circling now with Barca supposedly interested.

Personally I think it is too early for Couts to go to Barca. Needs to improve his consistency and maybe even his goals to games ratio before he would get a regular place in their team.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #108: Jun 04, 2016 03:50:50 pm
      I get the strong impression that we don't defend our best players from these type of raids in the same way other big clubs do.
      Or don't want to.  ;)

The fact is... us real football fans know that losing top players doesn't help the football team into being winners [not when the 'strategy' is to replace them with players who might, maybe, possibly, end up being every bit as good a few years from now >:D]. However...

Think of it like an investor - yet another player who was bought for buttons can be sold for a huge % mark-up - you haven't had to increase your initial investment by one F***ing cold cent - your investment portfolio has gone through the roof and...

wait for it...   :lmao:

the daft bas**rds, you're stroking, are still talking 'trans-F***ing-ition' and questioning the player's loyalty, rather than asking why the team is winning F**k all after six years... "Ka Ching, Ka Ching"... "F***ing Limey mugs"

Oh and... the school of 'thought' that 'if a player wants to go you can't stop him'? Think of this - what if... what if Phil wants to go and PSG only offer £10m: would FSG sanction his sale?... Would they F**k.  ;)  :laugh:

Listen; Phil will only be sold if and F***ing when the money's right. That might be this Summer or later but it'll be about finance, not football, when he is.
      « Last Edit: Jun 04, 2016 04:33:25 pm by bad boy bubby »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #109: Jun 04, 2016 06:05:55 pm

Stuck out on the left thing watching on as he tried to cover for Moreno whillst the midfield couldn't get the ball anywhere near him as they were being total over ran.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #110: Jun 04, 2016 06:13:52 pm
      Stuck out on the left thing watching on as he tried to cover for Moreno whillst the midfield couldn't get the ball anywhere near him as they were being total over ran.

Yeah I agree with this. It's not that he didn't turn up at the game but more a case that we didn't play the sort of game that allowed him to play. If your midfielders cannot get a hold of the game (which was the case for the whole game, not just the second half) then don't expect the attackers to be that visible.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #111: Jun 04, 2016 06:16:16 pm
      His 70K a week contract is a fortune to all of us but a pittance to a player of his ability. It has been a flashing light, a neon sign beacon saying "I can be bought for a big fee" ever since he signed it. It's no accident on the side of the club either.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #112: Jun 04, 2016 06:53:41 pm
      His 70K a week contract is a fortune to all of us but a pittance to a player of his ability. It has been a flashing light, a neon sign beacon saying "I can be bought for a big fee" ever since he signed it. It's no accident on the side of the club either.

His wage definitely doesn't match up to most in the squad.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #113: Jun 04, 2016 07:14:46 pm
      Apparently the vultures are circling now with Barca supposedly interested.

Personally I think it is too early for Couts to go to Barca. Needs to improve his consistency and maybe even his goals to games ratio before he would get a regular place in their team.

Barcelona won't move for Phil this summer, if they get Denis Suarez back their priorities are elsewhere like a striker, cb and full back cover
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #114: Jun 04, 2016 07:47:00 pm
      Yeah I agree with this. It's not that he didn't turn up at the game but more a case that we didn't play the sort of game that allowed him to play. If your midfielders cannot get a hold of the game (which was the case for the whole game, not just the second half) then don't expect the attackers to be that visible.

I just don't like him out on the left mate. Much prefer him a little deeper or central. Anywhere that the play goes through him for the most part.

Quick Reply