Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

AC Milan 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18609 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: ICC Game 2: Liverpool v AC Milan 3.05AM BST Sunday 31st July
      Reply #115: Jul 31, 2016 04:58:17 am
      Firmino looked good, but Origi was even better! Sturridge and Ings need to step it up if they want that 9 position!

I think our team as a whole looked better with a #6 coming on too, just felt it was more balanced. Nice cameo by Ojo too!!

Klavan looks quality, very  assured and calm defender it seems.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #116: Jul 31, 2016 04:59:28 am
      Thought we had a dodgy spell early in the second half, but other than that we were easily the better side. Origi goal basically killed the game.

Very pleased with our overall performance tonight. More clinical and we could have had 4 or 5 easily.

Second half was better.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #117: Jul 31, 2016 05:00:10 am
      Very encouraging that in my opinion. Had we won that 4 or 5 nil I don't think it would be a flattering scoreline.

Massive positives in Klavan, Origi and Mane.

Biggest negatives for me were Markovic and Coutinho. Perhaps pre-season just doesn't offer enough of an edge for Cou but you're not feeling that sparkle about the lad when he gets on the ball.

Worrying about Couts as he was flat for the latter part of last season too imo.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #118: Jul 31, 2016 05:01:36 am

Yeah I think Milan coming out a bit more second half helped us eventually.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #119: Jul 31, 2016 05:03:31 am
      Worrying about Couts as he was flat for the latter part of last season too imo.

Agreed mate, I don't get it. I thought it was a sign of his head being elsewhere but there's no rumours, nothing suggesting he's on his way so hopefully it's just pre-season not being enough for him these days.

Firmino looked good, but Origi was even better! Sturridge and Ings need to step it up if they want that 9 position!

I think our team as a whole looked better with a #6 coming on too, just felt it was more balanced. Nice cameo by Ojo too!!

Klavan looks quality, very  assured and calm defender it seems.

Thought Ojo did really well but also really poor on occasion. He has some serious talent but his passing is bloody shocking at times, needs to concentrate or practise because it's just dire on occasion.

Agreed about Studge struggling to get in the side, personally I'd start either of Ings or Origi ahead of him right now I think they suit the way we play an awful lot more and bring more space and energy to the side. Sturridge obviously has that world class finish that neither of those can consistently produce like he can but it's about getting the best out of the whole side and for me I'm starting to favour both of them.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #120: Jul 31, 2016 05:05:44 am
      Im liking our team more and more, we now have plenty more goals in the squad and look better organised, especially in defense.
      only negative was Markovitch, I actualy thought Coutts was ok, just a bit rusty, but at least we have other options now.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #121: Jul 31, 2016 05:07:11 am
      Yeah I think Milan coming out a bit more second half helped us eventually.

Definitely.

When they sat in the first half similar to Chelsea we struggle more, that's apparent.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #122: Jul 31, 2016 05:40:33 am
      Very encouraging that in my opinion. Had we won that 4 or 5 nil I don't think it would be a flattering scoreline.

Massive positives in Klavan, Origi and Mane.

Biggest negatives for me were Markovic and Coutinho. Perhaps pre-season just doesn't offer enough of an edge for Cou but you're not feeling that sparkle about the lad when he gets on the ball.

I actually thought this was Markovic's best game of the preseason. First of all he worked off the ball, was involved in pressing quite a bit more than before. On the 2nd goal, he is the one who played Ojo down the wing with a well-weighted ball. On the goal ruled out for offside,he had a very nice one-touch pass to Firminho in close quarters

I'm not saying he will be here for the season and there's no doubt he has severely underwhelmed in the previous matches, his first year at the club, etc. He also got caught sleeping on the ball late which led to a near chance for them. He's also someone the club clearly spent too much money on, but in truth he wasn't awful or worthless tonight. He contributed some positive things and, for whatever reason, Klopp keeps running him out there (you can say shop window but he's not putting Benteke, Balotelli or Luis Alberto in matches). Just saying...
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #123: Jul 31, 2016 06:36:43 am
      I actually thought this was Markovic's best game of the preseason. First of all he worked off the ball, was involved in pressing quite a bit more than before. On the 2nd goal, he is the one who played Ojo down the wing with a well-weighted ball. On the goal ruled out for offside,he had a very nice one-touch pass to Firminho in close quarters

I'm not saying he will be here for the season and there's no doubt he has severely underwhelmed in the previous matches, his first year at the club, etc. He also got caught sleeping on the ball late which led to a near chance for them. He's also someone the club clearly spent too much money on, but in truth he wasn't awful or worthless tonight. He contributed some positive things and, for whatever reason, Klopp keeps running him out there (you can say shop window but he's not putting Benteke, Balotelli or Luis Alberto in matches). Just saying...

Fair enough Robby.

For me far too many of our attacks lose all impetus for his involvement.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #124: Jul 31, 2016 06:41:22 am
      He contributed some positive things and, for whatever reason, Klopp keeps running him out there (you can say shop window but he's not putting Benteke, Balotelli or Luis Alberto in matches). Just saying

Good point.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #125: Jul 31, 2016 07:31:33 am
      Not that Gigi has been bad, just kind of invisible for me so far.

Didn't even know he was on the pitch most of the time he was in the game.

Anyway, cracking goal by Origi.  Not sure how much of an accomplishment it is to beat Milan, they're absolute rubbish.

Mane looked very lively.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #126: Jul 31, 2016 08:06:40 am
      Didn't even know he was on the pitch most of the time he was in the game.

Anyway, cracking goal by Origi.  Not sure how much of an accomplishment it is to beat Milan, they're absolute rubbish.

Mane looked very lively.

Give your arse a chance for fucks sake.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #127: Jul 31, 2016 08:25:03 am
      Give your arse a chance for fucks sake.

fed reckons he is a Liverpool supporter stuey,God help us if we lose a game.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #128: Jul 31, 2016 08:33:12 am
      Agreed mate, I don't get it. I thought it was a sign of his head being elsewhere but there's no rumours, nothing suggesting he's on his way so hopefully it's just pre-season not being enough for him these days.

Thought Ojo did really well but also really poor on occasion. He has some serious talent but his passing is bloody shocking at times, needs to concentrate or practise because it's just dire on occasion.

Agreed about Studge struggling to get in the side, personally I'd start either of Ings or Origi ahead of him right now I think they suit the way we play an awful lot more and bring more space and energy to the side. Sturridge obviously has that world class finish that neither of those can consistently produce like he can but it's about getting the best out of the whole side and for me I'm starting to favour both of them.

We simply have to start a fit Sturridge. I think origi is going to have a great season so why can't we have both in the first 11? :)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #129: Jul 31, 2016 08:37:27 am
      fed reckons he is a Liverpool supporter stuey,God help us if we lose a game.

Usually ignore the tool mate must be an early morning impulse thing, have to learn to stop reading sh*te before 12.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #130: Jul 31, 2016 08:46:49 am
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #131: Jul 31, 2016 08:52:54 am
      Who played the ball in for Origi?

Haven't seen anybody say.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #132: Jul 31, 2016 09:12:07 am

:laugh:

AM#18
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #133: Jul 31, 2016 09:37:32 am
      looked like a typical pre season game its hard to give 100% mentally when you know it doesn't matter and I expect Jürgen had them doing training sessions in the morning.
      Having seen the Origi goal and how he links and holds play up so well I would be worried about place if I was Daniel.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #134: Jul 31, 2016 09:51:46 am

It was Moreno, very typical nobody has mentioned it. If it had of been Coutinho there would be cum stains all over the forum and we'd have to shut the site down for cleaning.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: ICC Game 2: Liverpool 2-0 AC Milan
      Reply #135: Jul 31, 2016 10:45:05 am
      We simply have to start a fit Sturridge. I think origi is going to have a great season so why can't we have both in the first 11? :)

I'm not so sure on either count mate. I like the system we've been playing and while a lot of people seem to have been happy to knock our performances I've been mightily impressed. We've yet again given away virtually no shots on target, dominated possession and all attacking metrics.

So on the first count I think 2 strikers is a no way, neither Origi nor Sturridge strike me as the types to thrive out wide either. Potentially Studge from the right but he doesn't track nearly as much as anyone else we play there and that would be a bit of a square peg / round hole situation for me.

It's brilliant that it is even conceivable to have 3 strikers all competiting right up there for that spot, all of them will know that someone is snapping at their heels and honestly whoever Jürgen starts with will have to hit the ground running or he'll soon be bench and that's exactly what we all wanted from our squad, proper strong competition for places.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #136: Jul 31, 2016 11:03:28 am
      Between Mane, Origi, Ojo and Wijnaldum we finally have legitimate pace in the squad again.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #137: Jul 31, 2016 11:17:23 am
      Just watched the game and I'd say overall, things are coming together nicely.  Not sure there's a definite starting places for any of the attacking players with the exception of Mane, he's been a constant threat everytime he's played although to be fair the others have barely played.

Origi and Firmino link up better together than any of our other attackers as showed 2nd half of last season but as others have said it's great that we now have so many options right across the pitch.

We're definitely better organised now too, far less headless chickens on the pitch.  Still a long way to go before that first PL game and still plenty of places up for grabs.  So, so happy that we've finally got proper competition for places, everywhere.

Quick Reply