Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Suarez or Coutinho

As they are right now would you trade in Coutinho for Suarez?

Read 6182 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: As they are right now would you trade in Coutinho for Suarez?
      Reply #46: Nov 13, 2016 08:22:57 pm
      Luis for me. A goal scoring machine. Watching all his goals on LFCTV makes me want to cry. He made something out of nothing and defenders sh*t their pants every time he ran at them.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #47: Nov 13, 2016 08:33:08 pm
      Voted to keep Coutinho :) We're top of the table again. And Cou has been our best player - most MOTMs, still only 24!!!, has played absolutely brilliantly this season so far, incredible vision and skill at pace, has started to score regularly, and play to a high level consistently. The way this side plays, he is our most important player.

Absolutely loved Luis when he was here, came so close to winning a title playing brilliant football. But he has moved on, that time is past, for me Coutinho is the future (if he keeps going the way he is).  In saying that, I'd probably swap any other player in the squad for Luis, just not Cou :) If we go on and win the title (and God I hope we do) our biggest challenge will be keeping our best player.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #48: Nov 13, 2016 10:08:58 pm
      Love the priorities there mate  :D

I've got some great vinyl Debs - and I'd have more time to listen to it with them 3 beggars over in Barca!

Mind - that's a great city too. Could live there myself ;)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #49: Nov 13, 2016 10:37:25 pm
      My heart says couts, my head says Louis.
      Couts creates a lot of assists, as well as scoring a few, but for putting he ball in the old onion bag, there's no one on the planet to match louis imo.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #50: Nov 13, 2016 11:00:24 pm
      My heart says couts, my head says Louis.
      Couts creates a lot of assists, as well as scoring a few, but for putting he ball in the old onion bag, there's no one on the planet to match louis imo.

Louis VXI of France that lost his head in the revolution? Louis Tomlinson from 1 Direction fame? Louis Vuitton the fashionista?  :f_tongueincheek:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #51: Nov 13, 2016 11:08:59 pm
      I've got some great vinyl Debs - and I'd have more time to listen to it with them 3 beggars over in Barca!

Mind - that's a great city too. Could live there myself ;)

Yeah same here mate but ours is all safely packed away along with the decks. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #52: Nov 14, 2016 06:35:11 am
      This is like asking to choose between your children (or, dogs as I don't have kids - one of which I named Luis and ironically loves biting stuff).

If Phil keeps this form up there's no reason why in the future he'd have more people picking him but it has to be Luis.

Second best player I've ever seen wear our shirt. A frontline of Phil, Luis, Bob and Mané would be unbelievable.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #53: Nov 14, 2016 07:21:38 am
      Totally different types of players, would take Suarez all day long as much as i love the little man
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #54: Nov 14, 2016 08:07:14 am
      Suarez. Coutinho is a great player to have but very few reach the level Suarez is at.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #55: Nov 14, 2016 09:27:10 am
      Love Coutinho and he has gone up a gear or two this season but he still isn't on the level that Luis is. There are only 3 or 4 players in the world that are.

It's irrelevant whether Luis left us or not, comparing them as footballers then Suarez is the clear winner and he strengthens any team in the world immensely.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,787 posts | 573 
      Reply #56: Nov 14, 2016 01:29:41 pm
      If we keep the current team, win the league, start well in the champions league - he may come back

but to answer the question - he is the best number 9 I have ever seen, so no competition really - sorry Phil you are the bollox, but not at his level yet.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #57: Nov 15, 2016 11:51:30 am
      Used Liverpool as a stepping stone? Tried to engineer a move , even in the previous season? No thanks. No matter how good the player he was, I just never missed him TBH.

Coutinho without a doubt, and he has plenty of time to become even better.

Scored two or more goals in five consecutive home games, first premier league player to score ten goals in a single month, with a total of thirty one goals in thirty three matches and all this having missed the first ten games of the season thus injecting the fear of god into most defences, as well as giving Norwich nightmares, all resulting in helping take us to within a whisper of the Premier League title. And that's just 13/14. Last season he scored fifty nine goals in all competitions, becoming the top goal scorer in La Liga with the second highest amount of assists, helping Barcelona win the title. Without the slightest doubt Luis 'The best player on the planet' Suarez.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #58: Nov 15, 2016 01:22:29 pm
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,658 posts | 488 
      Reply #59: Nov 15, 2016 01:46:40 pm
      Scored two or more goals in five consecutive home games, first premier league player to score ten goals in a single month, with a total of thirty one goals in thirty three matches and all this having missed the first ten games of the season thus injecting the fear of god into most defences, as well as giving Norwich nightmares, all resulting in helping take us to within a whisper of the Premier League title. And that's just 13/14. Last season he scored fifty nine goals in all competitions, becoming the top goal scorer in La Liga with the second highest amount of assists, helping Barcelona win the title. Without the slightest doubt Luis 'The best player on the planet' Suarez.
      I know that already. I still wouldn't want him back. He was gone. End of it. No more looking back.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #60: Nov 15, 2016 03:44:47 pm
      Taking also Suarez meniscus problem would have to be keep Couthino.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #61: Nov 15, 2016 07:24:50 pm
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #62: Nov 16, 2016 10:30:52 am
      Cou has improved by leaps and bounds and I was very harsh on him before but he did improve and will continue to improve. At one point he was getting so much complaints and he never let that affects him and he continue to train hard. After all the hard work he put in to reach where he is now and to now swap him for Suarez, I wouldn't do that. Player to player, yes Suarez is an overall better player at the moment but I think Cou deserves to stay. Suarez wanted to leave and he left and that chapter has closed for good as far as I'm concern.

Quick Reply