Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      16 (13.1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.6%)
      James Milner
      16 (13.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      1 (0.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      63 (51.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      23 (18.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (0.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Voting closed: Jan 04, 2017 07:26:01 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21509 times
      Aceh_TheKop
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Dec 31, 2016 09:17:37 pm
       :laugh:
      That gives me an idea...... Gini n Tonic anyone?... ;D

:laugh: :laugh:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #415: Dec 31, 2016 09:33:04 pm
      Almost goes without saying that he will score against us too.

Ye of little faith Sir 
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #416: Dec 31, 2016 10:04:20 pm
      Love the meg on Stirling.

Levels of quality there
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #417: Dec 31, 2016 10:14:31 pm
      Get the F**k in!

What an important win that was. Great stuff lads.

Was bricking it second half but we scraped through and came away will all 3 points. Yeah Baby.

And where the F**k did they get 4 minutes stoppage time from?  cu*ts. That Ref was trying to screw us as much as he could. pr**k.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #418: Dec 31, 2016 10:15:24 pm
      James Milner has just found £50m in his back pocket.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #419: Dec 31, 2016 10:24:54 pm
      Get the F**k in!

What an important win that was. Great stuff lads.

Was bricking it second half but we scraped through and came away will all 3 points. Yeah Baby.

And where the F**k did they get 4 minutes stoppage time from?  cu*ts. That Ref was trying to screw us as much as he could. pr**k.

I thought that about the stoppage time. We didn't use all of our subs and there were no long stoppages for injuries. Thought the ref took the piss with that corner in 2nd half stoppage time too. He allowed the City players to be no further than 4-5 yards away from our corner taker just because we were taking a short one and it was late in the game.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #420: Dec 31, 2016 10:39:11 pm
      I thought that about the stoppage time. We didn't use all of our subs and there were no long stoppages for injuries. Thought the ref took the piss with that corner in 2nd half stoppage time too. He allowed the City players to be no further than 4-5 yards away from our corner taker just because we were taking a short one and it was late in the game.

Yep was calling him a c**t, for the majority of the second half!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #421: Dec 31, 2016 10:45:38 pm
      Voted Gini as MOTM as I think he's one of the most naturally gifted and intelligent players we have in the team. I was unimpressed when we paid £25m for him to be extremely honest, but now I am completely sold on the idea. Great, great player. Milner was also fantastic.

I'm particularly pleased with our recent signings. Klavan has proven to be an extremely capable defender and Mané is one of the best players in the Premier League.

Onwards and upwards - here's for a successful 2017!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #422: Dec 31, 2016 11:10:47 pm
      Yep was calling him a c**t, for the majority of the second half!

So was I, after praising him for his first half performance.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #423: Dec 31, 2016 11:22:15 pm
      That was a really weird game, we contained them for most of it but didn't create much,  but we got the win and that's all that matters,  massive 3 points.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #424: Dec 31, 2016 11:34:23 pm
      Can't stop coming back on here, F***ing made up with that. Can't begin to imagine what my new year would be like if we'd lost or even drawn.

We are one way or another, dishing out some serious sh*t !

Think I'll sleep between matches now, and get my missus to wake me up 1/2 hour before kick off !
      Can't wait for Sunderland and Golum😄
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #425: Dec 31, 2016 11:59:50 pm
      We win 1-0 for the second time in three games, and again it's called "a poor game". Chelsea recently churn out three  1-0 results in a row, and it's called "consistency".

Three points is three points though, and it's 4 home wins against City in a row. We played better first half, should have scored more, not as good second half, but we dealt with what was thrown at us well and saw the game out fairly comfortably.

Now onto Sunderland, and the chance to finally close that gap, for a few days at least. But it's been a good year and hopefully next year will be a really Happy New Year.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #426: Jan 01, 2017 01:09:26 am
      +19
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #427: Jan 01, 2017 01:44:04 am
      Very different performance from us, but also very effective, with Aguero not getting a touch in the box.  Good to get a win and keep up the chase.

Big, big month that can go a long way to defining our season.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #428: Jan 01, 2017 02:05:06 am
      Klavan top man for me tonight, dealt with everything that came his way.

That's how Chelsea win games, dogged and at times scrappy but these results make title challenges.

The reds are coming up the hill boys......
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #429: Jan 01, 2017 02:09:58 am
      Probably too pissed to post a proper review but who would have thought a LFC team could park a successful bus in that second half.?
      And to tell the truth I can't remember a Migs save of note.

A fully coherent Firmino and we would have won at a canter.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1630 
      Reply #430: Jan 01, 2017 02:34:23 am
      Been back and read a lot of the match thread. Some people need to get a fckin grip watched the game with a few Manx's and a plasys and at no time i that game did I think we would lose they thought the same lighten up fellas it's all good , we don't roll over at anfield anymore .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1630 
      Reply #431: Jan 01, 2017 02:35:14 am
      Probably too pissed to post a proper review but who would have thought a LFC team could park a successful bus in that second half.?
      And to tell the truth I can't remember a Migs save of note.

A fully coherent Firmino and we would have won at a canter.

Exacerly
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #432: Jan 01, 2017 03:33:15 am
      City forum making for fun reading.

If only Aguero had been available.....and Sterling still played for Liverpool.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/liverpool-post-match-thread.326078/
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #433: Jan 01, 2017 05:56:29 am
      Thought Klavan was outstanding last night
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,697 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #434: Jan 01, 2017 07:34:14 am
      What a game. We won. Klavan, Lallana and Wijnaldum were excellent. A good end for 2016, we need to start well in 2007, tomorrow. YNWA
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #435: Jan 01, 2017 08:10:10 am
      Made up! Been asking for us to take a lead then learn to shut the game down for a while.

We need to win these big games and we need to get the 1-0s.

We looked untroubled for most of the game and if for a little more care taken we could have killed them off on the counter.

Enjoy tonight, but in a day and a half we need to get the win to consolidate our position in the table.

Happy new year!!

Happy new year mate.

And can we now stop all of that ridiculous talk of us NOT winning the league ;)
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #436: Jan 01, 2017 08:10:36 am
      Mignolet: Another game where he wasn't really questioned, the team ahead of him making his job much easier these days. Something he never really had before. What he did do, he did well, he does give me the shakes when the ball's at his feet and he's 10 yards outside his box, dinking players like Aguero. Never looks totally comfortable with the ball at his feet but he kept another clean sheet. 7

Clyne: Did his job defensively, a few stray passes and was unable to run the flank as much with the amount of possession City had. 6

Lovren: Again, for me he looked erratic at times, and often chooses the wrong option between a hoof and a pass. When he needs to hoof the ball, he'll pass it at put team mates under pressure. Certainly looks better with Matip alongside him. 6

Klavan: After he got the early yellow I didn't think he'd make the 90. Though to be fair, after that he was pretty good, made some timely challenges and played his part in a good overall defensive display. 7

Milner: Had a fantastic game did Jimmy. You know what you're gonna get with him, he'll chase every ball, every opponent and then put in a challenge to boot. Stifled Sterling really well and as usual put in a good solid shift. 8

Henderson: Second game in a row he's frustrated. Does the engine stuff well, but the passing and the decisions to release the ball were again below par for me. I saw he went off and took a couple of pills doing so, hope he's okay. 6

Can: I thought the German had a really good game. He was in the side for his physical presence and used it well, and he actually kept the ball ticking over really well I thought. 7

Lallana: Another good display from Adam. Started the game up top and supplied the assist for Gini. I think his work is best from the deeper positions when he's got team mates ahead of him. Once he dropped in the second half, those touches and turns really enable us to turn defence into attack.Great work rate as well. 8

Gini: Best player on the pitch. His work rate is up there and he covered the grass but on top of that his passing looks effortless at times in tight areas of the pitch. He kept things moving with only a few stray passes but other than that he was immense I thought. He battled, tracked and attacked, and the goal was a peach of a header. Well in Gini lad! 8.5

Mane: Found it difficult last night I thought. Couldn't really get into the game and it was as if Pep had earmarked him as a danger man. Didn't really have the room and time on the ball to get things going in what was a pretty scrappy affair. 6

Firmino: Bobby cannot seem to find his form. I thought Klopp's decision to start him in the central role was a good/bold one what with using Lallana up top as well. His passing again was off, and he almost set De Bruyne on his way in the first half with a customary sloppy pass. In the second half he faired a little better, but when we broke at pace and he pirouetted on the ball instead of crossing early for Origi who was in acres of space that capped off his night on the ball. As usual, the fight was there but the ball technique wasn't. 6

The game was a bit of a scrappy affair and quality didn't prevail, but the aim was to take three points and we did that. We allowed them the possession they crave but in reality they were poor with it as we organised ourselves excellently and sat rather than 'pressed'. It was a good solid professional display and a cracking way to end the year!

Klopp, well, he gets a 10.

Quick Reply