Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Klopp or the players?

Read 23576 times
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Re: Klopp or the players?
      Reply #138: Jan 23, 2017 12:41:56 am
      I think  it way we try play football like we score more then you never win league just playing attack football all time reason Chelsea will win league not best football team watch but get boreing one nil results

Is it just me that found this difficult to read?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #139: Jan 23, 2017 12:47:49 am
      Is it just me that found this difficult to read?

Ireland said he's dyslexic. We get the gist of it which is all that matters.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #140: Jan 23, 2017 04:26:32 am
      If Can is the standard that's good enough for Klopp, then the reality is that's not good enough. The Can obsession is absolutely killing us. He plays in slow motion and can't tackle, can't press, can't create and just generally can't do anything. He's mincemeat for the opposition and has now been humiliated by Swansea after his appalling Sunderland performance. These are relegation candidates for fucks sake.

Drop the guy, for god's sake Klopp. Our best performances have been without him.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #141: Jan 23, 2017 07:46:23 am
      I would say Klopp has to take the blame for the recent slump as he is also the one getting the praise when it goes well.
      The responsibility off course lies with both Klopp and the players to find ways to get results. I dont buy into the whole "others have figured us out" crap...coz there are many ways to win a football match and we havent won games simply by pressing our opposition.

The team needs one or two quality additions if not, i say put in one or two of the youngsters and have some freshness run into the team for a few games. At the moment this group looks jaded and the fact that Chelsea is running away could potentially bring them down even more psycologically. I mean look at Leicester last year...it was the same 12/13 players every week, sure they were tired, but with the goal in mind, they got over the line. We have to adopt the same approach. You cant tell me our legs have gone, so i reckon Jürgen has some motivational work to do to get this group over the line.

I know he is rebuilding and having a close look at the character and personalities of some of the squad, but i am very interested to see who Klopp brings in over the summer. Right now though, we could do with a Didi or Gary Mac type experienced player to galvanise this group of players until the end of season.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,886 posts | 704 
      Reply #142: Jan 23, 2017 08:59:17 am
      Quote from littleface
      when i read posters saying " We are 3rd in the league , semi final of sh*t cup , still in FA Cup "  this means NOTHING . In 3 weeks it can be " Out of top 4 , out of both cups and no transfer window to add quality to team "

If we were playing well but not getting results i would be optimistic. But we are playing turgid,  boring, predictable sh*te so i'm getting worried by our direction.

In 3 weeks, we could also be in a cup final, in the last 16 of the other cup, still in the top 4, and closer to the top than we are now. Chelsea's next 3 games are Liverpool (a), Arsenal (h), and Burnley (a). If we do our stuff, I doubt their advantage then, will be what it is now.

I'm thinking bigger picture, but if we take the short term, we beat City, and the neighbours. We were robbed by dodgy refs at Sunderland and the toilet. We should have beaten Swansea as well, but didn't get the breaks on the day. It happens some days. Plymouth and Southampton are discarded, as the former was with a reserve team, and the latter result will hopefully be rendered obsolete in a couple of days. Then we'll be wondering "crisis, what crisis"?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #143: Jan 23, 2017 09:01:09 am
      Ireland said he's dyslexic. We get the gist of it which is all that matters.

Out of interest does dyslexia mix up the word order as well as letters, I always thought it was just the letters?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #144: Jan 23, 2017 09:03:08 am

If Can is the standard that's good enough for Klopp, then the reality is that's not good enough. The Can obsession is absolutely killing us. He plays in slow motion and can't tackle, can't press, can't create and just generally can't do anything. He's mincemeat for the opposition and has now been humiliated by Swansea after his appalling Sunderland performance. These are relegation candidates for fucks sake.

Drop the guy, for god's sake Klopp. Our best performances have been without him.

Does anybody have any stats for how we go with and without Can in the team, would be interesting to see and if we are all correct in our assumption to post to Herr Klopp and his team.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #145: Jan 23, 2017 09:40:52 am
      I would say Klopp has to take the blame for the recent slump as he is also the one getting the praise when it goes well.
      The responsibility off course lies with both Klopp and the players to find ways to get results. I dont buy into the whole "others have figured us out" crap...coz there are many ways to win a football match and we havent won games simply by pressing our opposition.

The team needs one or two quality additions if not, i say put in one or two of the youngsters and have some freshness run into the team for a few games. At the moment this group looks jaded and the fact that Chelsea is running away could potentially bring them down even more psycologically. I mean look at Leicester last year...it was the same 12/13 players every week, sure they were tired, but with the goal in mind, they got over the line. We have to adopt the same approach. You cant tell me our legs have gone, so i reckon Jürgen has some motivational work to do to get this group over the line.

I know he is rebuilding and having a close look at the character and personalities of some of the squad, but i am very interested to see who Klopp brings in over the summer. Right now though, we could do with a Didi or Gary Mac type experienced player to galvanise this group of players until the end of season.

Klopp does indeed get deserved praise when we win.
      A lack of quality in depth, the loaning out of players for a financial criteria and an excess of squad players are all indications of a policy of forced false economies, not the agenda of a manager on the road to success and Klopp is no stranger to success.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #146: Jan 23, 2017 09:44:52 am
      Klopp does indeed get deserved praise when we win.
      A lack of quality in depth, the loaning out of players for a financial criteria and an excess of squad players are all indications of a policy of forced false economies, not the agenda of a manager on the road to success and Klopp is no stranger to success.

zzzzzzzzzzz, again this insinuation about Klopp not getting money, WHERE IS THE PROOF stuey?? Do you really think Klopp is such a spineless wimp that he would sign a contract extension and not mutter a single syllable of discontent if he was not getting the money he needs or requested?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #147: Jan 23, 2017 11:00:19 am
      His achievements to date are all the more remarkable as he still has  most of the then  original , dysfunctional, disjointed, underperformers he inherited in 2015.

So fair crack to him .   Hes polished the turds to shine and can leave an England international forward on the bench for most games.

He's spent nothing .

...and we were expecting the title ?

22nd January .     

10 points off the top .

Its posts like this that get right on my F***ing tits.

We have half a dozen or so bad results and people like you come on and say AH WELL, WE DIDN'T EXPECT MUCH AT THE START OF THE SEASON SO IT DOESNT MATTER.

It F***ing does matter. Our current form F***ing matters. Losing against Swansea at home F***ing matters. Going from 1st to 4th in the space of a few weeks F***ing matters. Being 10 points off top F***ing matters.

So do us a favour, F**k off with your bullshit posts looking for F***ing excuses all the time. You're basically telling people not to give a sh*t about our recent appalling performances because we didn't expect much back in F***ing July.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #148: Jan 23, 2017 11:31:05 am
      Its posts like this that get right on my f**king tits.

We have half a dozen or so bad results and people like you come on and say AH WELL, WE DIDN'T EXPECT MUCH AT THE START OF THE SEASON SO IT DOESNT MATTER.

It f**king does matter. Our current form f**king matters. Losing against Swansea at home f**king matters. Going from 1st to 4th in the space of a few weeks f**king matters. Being 10 points off top f**king matters.

So do us a favour, f**k off with your bullshit posts looking for f**king excuses all the time. You're basically telling people not to give a sh*t about our recent appalling performances because we didn't expect much back in f**king July.

You would have to be a complete F***ing idiot to ignore the progress we have made this season.

It wasn't too long ago  we were out of cups and races before Christmas. Whilst we have struggled the last few weeks have a bit of F***ing faith in the man at the helm.

F***ing moaning pricks like you annoy me with your sense of privilege and entitlement.

DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #149: Jan 23, 2017 11:42:00 am
      Love the aura around Klopp and the buzz he gives to his players. We have a terrific manager and I am fully delighted to have him leading the reds.

That said, his weakness appears to be his stubbornness. His substitutions are not always the best, and the players he chooses for his starting 11 are questionable.

He threw Sakho out of the club for reasons only known to Klopp (despite all the second guesses that people have made about the sudden destructive character Sakho apparently is), he refuses to integrate Sturridge into the team despite how badly we need him (giving him bit parts here and there), he plays Firmino as some star striker in our star striker's place (he's not btw, despite his 2 goals on Saturday), and forces Can into the team on a regular basis.

No question, these decisions have cost us points. All manager's make mistakes, but Klopp has been unwilling to change.
      jonny888
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #150: Jan 23, 2017 11:48:55 am
      Reading between the lines in today's papers, there will be no significant signings now because there are few clubs with any desire to sell; 'half a season to go' and all that.

I believe the priority should be CL or bust, as no quality players are going to come without European games to look forward to.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #151: Jan 23, 2017 11:51:15 am
      Love the aura around Klopp and the buzz he gives to his players. We have a terrific manager and I am fully delighted to have him leading the reds.

That said, his weakness appears to be his stubbornness. His substitutions are not always the best, and the players he chooses for his starting 11 are questionable.

He threw Sakho out of the club for reasons only known to Klopp (despite all the second guesses that people have made about the sudden destructive character Sakho apparently is), he refuses to integrate Sturridge into the team despite how badly we need him (giving him bit parts here and there), he plays Firmino as some star striker in our star striker's place (he's not btw, despite his 2 goals on Saturday), and forces Can into the team on a regular basis.

No question, these decisions have cost us points. All manager's make mistakes, but Klopp has been unwilling to change.

Anybody with half a brain knows why Sakho was dropped, there again he's not exactly Franco Baresi, prone to just as many brain farts as Klavan and Lovren.

Sturridge since he has been fit has had plenty of opportunities but he has shown nothing.

Can fair enough - seems like all managers have blind spots.

jonny888
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #152: Jan 23, 2017 11:57:07 am
      Out of interest does dyslexia mix up the word order as well as letters, I always thought it was just the letters?

My youngest son is dyslexic, and when trying to teach him to read many years ago, he had great trouble even with DOG and CAT. When I tried to get him to spell the words to me, he did them backwards i.e. T-A-C for cat.

Presumably he was trying to read everything from right to left...
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #153: Jan 23, 2017 12:53:26 pm
      You would have to be a complete f**king idiot to ignore the progress we have made this season.

It wasn't too long ago  we were out of cups and races before Christmas. Whilst we have struggled the last few weeks have a bit of f**king faith in the man at the helm.

F***ing moaning pricks like you annoy me with your sense of privilege and entitlement.

Find me one post of mine, anything anywhere, where I have said we haven't made any progress. You and your little cronies are making out that people like me are on some sort of Klopp out campaign. What the f**k are you going on about faith for? Get a f**king grip.

Just stop talking f**king sh*t, stop making excuses, admit we are in a slump, discuss where we've gone wrong, give opinions about what we can do right, and so on and so on. Make the forum real and make it interesting instead of coming on every f**king day saying everything's oh so wonderful. It isn't.

Don't f**king sit there and say we've improved under klopp so it doesn't matter if we finish 4th because that's where we expected to finish in July.

As soon as you discuss the reality of whats happening at present you get gobshites like you who bury your head in the sand and look for excuses. Im sick of f**king reading it.

Yes we've improved under Jürgen, yes we are in the top four, just, yes we are still in both cups, just, but to be quite f**king honest, I wouldn't expect anything different anyway, that's the absolute minimum this club demands. And just because we're still in those competitions and we're just about in the top four, that doesn't f**king excuse the past half a dozen or so performances and we have every right to discuss it and talk about it without people like you having a go at us all the time and saying instead we should all be holding hands and singing the wheels on the bus.
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2017 01:09:58 pm by HamannsTheMan »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #154: Jan 23, 2017 01:35:22 pm
      Find me one post of mine, anything anywhere, where I have said we haven't made any progress. You and your little cronies are making out that people like me are on some sort of Klopp out campaign. What the f**k are you going on about faith for? Get a f**king grip.

Just stop talking f**king sh*t, stop making excuses, admit we are in a slump, discuss where we've gone wrong, give opinions about what we can do right, and so on and so on. Make the forum real and make it interesting instead of coming on every f**king day saying everything's oh so wonderful. It isn't.

Don't f**king sit there and say we've improved under klopp so it doesn't matter if we finish 4th because that's where we expected to finish in July.

As soon as you discuss the reality of whats happening at present you get gobshites like you who bury your head in the sand and look for excuses. Im sick of f**king reading it.

Yes we've improved under Jürgen, yes we are in the top four, just, yes we are still in both cups, just, but to be quite f**king honest, I wouldn't expect anything different anyway, that's the absolute minimum this club demands. And just because we're still in those competitions and we're just about in the top four, that doesn't f**king excuse the past half a dozen or so performances and we have every right to discuss it and talk about it without people like you having a go at us all the time and saying instead we should all be holding hands and singing the wheels on the bus.

Fair shout.

For me, I just hate hearing words bandied about like how it's embarrassing and how we're a laughing stock.

As I said the other day Klopp's in-game management was sh*te the other day and after time to reflect I'll go against what I said in that he chose the right team. He didn't.

It really is fair game to slate the last few performances. Totally.

At the same time, though, it's also fair to point out that we have been boss for the most part. What riles me most is that nothing is being done about the squad. It's been called wrong somewhere as it's clear to see we need additions.

Before someone gives me the old story that January is sh*te it isn't. I honestly wouldn't have give a F**k if we even bought people who may have cost a few quid but weren't long term. We were in a title race.

A title race. Would anybody have been arsed if a quick fix helped us win the league?

It should have been said to scouts what a massive world there is out there and that if they don't find somebody then there will be consequences.

Don't dare come back with excuses, that type of talk.

Sick to F***ing death of us not kicking on, whoever's fault that is I don't care but it's somebody's.

sh*te depth, sh*te selection, sh*te defending again, sh*te in game management.

I wanted this league and we really haven't given our chances of winning the F***ing thing a fair go due to a complete lack of expertise and management.

Yeah, I know Klopp will kick us on next year, hopefully, but we had ourselves in a great position there and we've made it harder for ourselves, not easier.

Does the 08/09 and 13/14 January windows ring a bell with anyone?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      Reply #155: Jan 23, 2017 02:20:08 pm
      And tell you what, cracking thread this :)

Props to Brian for starting it :D
      Kopite78
      Reply #156: Jan 23, 2017 02:31:48 pm
      And tell you what, cracking thread this :)

Props to Brian for starting it :D

Actually it's very valid and I was bang out of order Saturday in questioning it, thinking about it there is a valid argument about how and why we have fallen off and there are questions to be asked, tactically I thought Klopp wasn't great Saturday

I just don't like the bluntness of the title  :D

Sorry Brian I was royally fu**ed off Saturday and was a bellend  :-\
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #157: Jan 23, 2017 02:41:27 pm
      Fair shout.

For me, I just hate hearing words bandied about like how it's embarrassing and how we're a laughing stock.

As I said the other day Klopp's in-game management was sh*te the other day and after time to reflect I'll go against what I said in that he chose the right team. He didn't.

It really is fair game to slate the last few performances. Totally.

At the same time, though, it's also fair to point out that we have been boss for the most part. What riles me most is that nothing is being done about the squad. It's been called wrong somewhere as it's clear to see we need additions.

Before someone gives me the old story that January is sh*te it isn't. I honestly wouldn't have give a f**k if we even bought people who may have cost a few quid but weren't long term. We were in a title race.

A title race. Would anybody have been arsed if a quick fix helped us win the league?

It should have been said to scouts what a massive world there is out there and that if they don't find somebody then there will be consequences.

Don't dare come back with excuses, that type of talk.

Sick to f**king death of us not kicking on, whoever's fault that is I don't care but it's somebody's.

Sh*te depth, sh*te selection, sh*te defending again, sh*te in game management.

I wanted this league and we really haven't given our chances of winning the f**king thing a fair go due to a complete lack of expertise and management.

Yeah, I know Klopp will kick us on next year, hopefully, but we had ourselves in a great position there and we've made it harder for ourselves, not easier.

Does the 08/09 and 13/14 January windows ring a bell with anyone?

Good post and several points mentioned which I agree with.

Back in July I looked at our squad and thought we would be lucky to make the top four. Obviously before the season starts we are all optimistic and we all hope for the best, but deep down inside I thought we were too weak to mount any sort of challenge. I was also disappointed with the signings of Mane and Wijnaldum, both of whom I didn't rate at that time. I didn't think they were anywhere near the standard required to play for Liverpool. So if you had offered me our current position in July, yes I'd have taken it.

Up until lets say January I've been amazed at how we've played this season. Blowing teams away 3, 4, 5 nil. We have been brilliant at times and we were playing so well I thought we would win the league.

A lot has happened since July. The Manchester clubs have fallen apart which nobody expected. I think we all predicted that they would both challenge. We were sitting top of the league at one point too after playing most of our rivals away from home - nobody expected that either. Mane and Wijnaldum (more Mane), have slotted in and performed very well for us. Things were looking great, we were looking strong.

The last few weeks its almost as if we've ran out of gas though and its heart breaking. We were in such a strong position only a few weeks ago and now it feels as if we've blown it. We look more likely to drop out of the top 4 than win the league at the moment don't we? We're bloody closer to everton than we are Chelsea! How scary is that.

So I'm frustrated and I'm annoyed. I come on here to discuss whats happening, whats going on and how has this happened to us and all I see is the same people saying well it was amazing that we got this far, or nobody expected a title challenge anyway, and just pages and pages of sh*t like that and it just boils my blood. We aren't in July any more, we are in January, and a lot has happened since then and the dream of winning the league actually became a reality. We could have done it this season.

Its disappointing that once we found ourselves in such a position, we haven't strengthened in this window to give us that push. Once we knew how important Mane was to us, which was evident very early on in his LFC career in my opinion, we haven't done anything at all to replace him temporarily. Correct me if Im wrong, but we have won just one game since he has gone to the AFCON and it was Plymouth away - a goal scored from a corner! Coutinho has been injured, Matip has, Hendo has, some of our other lads need a rest etc. We haven't prepared for it and we haven't done anything to fix it. The wheels have fell off as a consequence.

Some honesty on these boards would be nice and refreshing. It really winds me up getting told I shouldn't be angered or disappointed because I didn't expect us to be in this position before the season started. That's now irrelevant.

jonny888
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #158: Jan 23, 2017 03:16:30 pm
      Fair shout.

Watch a Liverpool game with anyone from Manchester or London, and you will find we *are* a laughing stock and have been for a number of years.

We seem to get within touching distance of glory; and then the wheels fall off. Suddenly the killer instinct goes walkabout, and other clubs sense a team ripe for turning over. And then we look back at the end of each season and think 'if only...'

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      Reply #159: Jan 23, 2017 03:38:13 pm
      Watch a Liverpool game with anyone from Manchester or London, and you will find we *are* a laughing stock and have been for a number of years.

We seem to get within touching distance of glory; and then the wheels fall off. Suddenly the killer instinct goes walkabout, and other clubs sense a team ripe for turning over. And then we look back at the end of each season and think 'if only...'

The point being, who gives a F**k what they think?

Laughing stock to them?

Just tell em to F**k right off.

Good posts Kopite78 and HTM will reply a bit later when not in the alehouse.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #160: Jan 23, 2017 03:40:52 pm
      The point being, who gives a F**k what they think?

Laughing stock to them?

Just tell em to F**k right off.

Good posts Kopite78 and HTM will reply a bit later when not in the alehouse.

Odd that so many people seem to be concerned with how we look to others, or what others say.
      It's almost as though they just follow football for dick swinging purposes, so they can brag and slag off other clubs.

As you rightly say, who gives a F**k what other clubs supporters think.

Quick Reply