Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Loris Karius
      8 (14.3%)
      Connor Randall
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (1.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (8.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (3.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (3.6%)
      Ovie Ejaria
      4 (7.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.8%)
      Ben Woodburn
      20 (35.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (5.4%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (3.6%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (1.8%)
      Emre Can
      2 (3.6%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      5 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: Feb 01, 2017 02:40:58 pm

Liverpool 1-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 35678 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Jan 28, 2017 03:04:36 pm
      So are we all happy then that Klopp sent out such an inexperienced team in a must win game, in terms of winning anything this season? Is nobody angry at him for that?
      Klopp isn't happy, that's good enough for me. He made mistakes, owned up to it. Hopefully he will learn from this and won't make the same mistake again. Feel free to be critical of him, but in the end, does it do any good to plow him under with criticism? Unfortunately you could see this coming with our recent form and the fact we haven't strengthened. Hopefully it doesn't cause us bigger issues in the league.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #645: Jan 28, 2017 03:04:42 pm
      So are we all happy then that Klopp sent out such an inexperienced team in a must win game, in terms of winning anything this season? Is nobody angry at him for that?

Personally with the FA cup still in such an early stage I would rather we save up our main squad for the league. So not really complaining that he selected a lot of youngsters.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #646: Jan 28, 2017 03:05:25 pm

Having watched the previous two games I'm not wholly sure that the previous two LFC teams would have done any better - are you?

Karius, Klavan, Gomez, Moreno, Firmino, Origi, Lucas, Wijnaldum, Coutinho 2nd half, Sturridge last 30.

They've played a fair few games of competitive football haven't they?  I wouldn't call it 'such an inexperienced team' at all.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #647: Jan 28, 2017 03:06:14 pm

Heimy mate everyone is p!ssed off, and yes on reflection it was probably a mistake to field a weakened team. That said, our first team hasn't exactly been uprooting trees either so I could understand the decision. Ultimately, we need a few of these squad players to be good enough to step up into the first team when needed. Yes once again with the benefit of hindsight we should have obviously added to the squad more in the Summer or even in this window, but we are where we are for the rest of the season so this was a good opportunity for them to put pressure on the guys in the first eleven.

That none of them did is a shame and I'm as p!ssed off as you, but in all honesty I'm less convinced than you obviously are that we'd have won the game if we'd picked our full strength team. We are bang short of confidence right now and making everyone we play look like real Madrid.   
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #648: Jan 28, 2017 03:06:44 pm
      Very disappointing to get knocked out the FA Cup at the 4th round stage.  Not a massive surprise given the two previous performances. 

Let's hope Cameroon win tonight because the place needs some kind of lift before Tuesday.

Fortress Anfield? Ha. Fortress Boofield.

Let's hope Mane hasn't been following our (mis)fortunes and does come back.

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #649: Jan 28, 2017 03:12:12 pm
      Will be a tough ask beating Chelsea on this run.

At least we're back to 1 game a week...
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #650: Jan 28, 2017 03:14:36 pm
      Im so f***in angry that I've written about 20 replies and jacked them all.

So everyone is a c**t who says we don't need more investment and whoever says let's concentrate on the league before this game can F**k off as well.

Oh and Klopp you got it wrong today time to bin half of these off now they ain't good enough.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #651: Jan 28, 2017 03:14:38 pm
      So Binomial just posted and then deleted a post saying he voted Lucas motm for lols and laughs as he was that bad.

Seriously Mods?

Do the right thing ay?

Are the moderators seriously allowing this sh*t to stand from Binomial?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #652: Jan 28, 2017 03:15:40 pm
      This Is Anfield ‏@thisisanfield 2m2 minutes ago
      Klopp: I don't feel that they (the players) let me down. I am responsible.

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ 2m2 minutes ago
      Klopp: "Is this the lowest point of my time here at Liverpool? I don't know. If it is, it is a good point to turn things around."
      Answer to Question (a) Klopp: I don't feel that they (the players) let me down. I am responsible.
      No They let you, and themselves and the supporters down.... Don't worry Jürgen, I blame you quick enough If i believe that you are at fault

(b) "Is this the lowest point of my time here at Liverpool? I don't know.... Wait till after the Chelsea game mate

glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #653: Jan 28, 2017 03:21:10 pm
      What upsets me the most is that after we already got rid of so many deadwoods last summer there seems to still be many more in the club at the moment. Unless we have another major reinforcement this coming summer, we're gonna be in deep sh*t again next January.
      F***ing depressing.

Thinking about that too, right now it's Can, GIgi, Moreno,

glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #654: Jan 28, 2017 03:22:34 pm
      Will be a tough ask beating Chelsea on this run.

At least we're back to 1 game a week...

They are already up 2-0 agains Brentford, sadly, they are taking care of business at home. I hate them, we will have our hands full on Tuesday
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #655: Jan 28, 2017 03:23:50 pm
      Are the moderators seriously allowing this sh*t to stand from Binomial?

what has this person actually done?

seems a bit petty for people to be crying for the mods to step in

its a forum for liverpool fans to express their opinions etc, does everyone have to follow the cool kids on here?

glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #656: Jan 28, 2017 03:25:18 pm
      Let's hope Mane hasn't been following our (mis)fortunes and does come back.

And without a scratch too !!

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,582 posts | 738 
      Reply #657: Jan 28, 2017 03:26:25 pm
      We dont have the squad to rotate. We arent even in Europe and its a struggle
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #658: Jan 28, 2017 03:34:06 pm
      The kids ain't bad, that's obvious. The problem is we are chucking them in with sh*te squad players.

Gomez should be feeling his way back in alongside Matip (or at the very least Lovren) not Klavan.
      Ejaria should be getting game time with the likes of Hendo and Lallana not Lucas and Gini.
      Woodburn needs to be slotting into that attack with Coutinho not Origi.

We made too many changes again today. The manager didn't learn from Plymouth - the warning signs were there that chucking kids in with sh*te squad players doesn't work.

Today was a much bigger game than Chelsea and I'm surprised that Jürgen didn't see it that way.

The standards we require no matter what way you look at it isnt their baring maybe 3 or 4 players.
      Signing  proven professionals and a mercenary or 4 to wise us up is a necessity ,as for signing potential that bus has past costing millions with little reward and hassle at the moving on stage cheers Mario,we are a soft touch Wolves proved that today and the rest of January's fixtures tell a similar story, Jurgens tactics are also questionable yet the bench would determine his options

So dusting ourselves down and getting stuck in till the end of the season is all we can do ,on reflection I think 4th will be a huge prize if we get it ,players back etc etc and you never know nothing ever surprises me with Liverpool and we are at our most dangerous when written of ,we`re a bit fragile just now and Jürgen`s gonna have to lift them I have no doubts Klopps the man to take us their he must also take stock , being out on your arse and its not even Feb is a killer the real work starts now hanging on to what we have and that aint gonna be easy. :sadlook:

YNWA 
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #659: Jan 28, 2017 03:44:15 pm
      Everyone of those players out there today need to read this before Tuesday
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #660: Jan 28, 2017 03:50:57 pm
      Just to add, before you feel the need to defend somebody check their history.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=22051

Laughing at his/her own posts whilst we're losing, calling the manager Jürgen flopp and basic, all around cuntishness dictates he/she has ulterior motives.

Totally amazed he's still here mate.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #661: Jan 28, 2017 03:59:09 pm

Laughing at his/her own posts whilst we're losing, calling the manager Jürgen flopp and basic, all around cuntishness dictates he/she has ulterior motives.

i wasnt trying to defend someone i know f all about

just the notion of being free to express an opinion (within reason)

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #662: Jan 28, 2017 04:01:40 pm
      It is what it is Stu, the forums a reflection on society really.

Suppose so Ian, arseholes are everywhere.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #663: Jan 28, 2017 04:07:09 pm
      Does Klopp actually tell our midfielders to roll the ball 5 yards to a team mate so he can make the pass that they are perfectly capable of making?

Brain dead the lot of them!

Not a single player on the pitch with a burst of pace to get past the first man, maybe invite a foul or heaven forbid break the defensive line and find a player in space in the box.

One of the first things Klopp mentioned when he came was we needed more pace.........Hello Jürgen you have been here over a year any chance of locating a couple of such players you do realise there is hundreds of thousands of players out there better than our shower of sh*te!
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #664: Jan 28, 2017 04:19:14 pm
      We have the worst set of defenders in the history of the club. Klavan is a joke, randall isn't anywhere near good enough, please don't get me started on Moreno, if he actually makes a tackle for the second goal we are still in the cup, he is brainless.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #665: Jan 28, 2017 04:21:06 pm

Are the Mods actually taking the piss by not banning Binomial? Is he some kind of forum experiment set up by the mods?

Many folk have been banned for much much much less.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #666: Jan 28, 2017 04:43:45 pm
      How hard is it to pick mom?

Quick Reply